You'll Never Know

By SimplyAWriter_D

Broken...A word Alex Mathews never really understood. Alex was always the happy, popular, confidant girl. Tha... More

You'll Never Know
New Home
I'll Be There For You
Midnight
Secrets
A Terrifying Discovery
The Obvious
Weird Things
Guess Who's Back
Baby?!
I know you remember me!
My Baby
Out In The Open
Realization
Encounters with the past
A Chance
Secret Meeting
Explanations
Freak Out
An exhausting day
Not Ready To Make Nice
what I've done
Take Care Of Her
Broken Mate
A New Start
An Alliance
He's Not Sane
Closure

First Day In Hell

104K 1.6K 64
By SimplyAWriter_D

I woke up the next day suddenly extremely nervous. It would be my first day in school. I knew I wasn't going to be popular. I didn't want to be.

 I got out of bed and went to take a shower. Each time I looked at my arms or stomach I'd notice the bruises. When I first saw them i jumped in the shower and actually tried to scrub them off. Like taking them away would erase the memory of what happened o me. Logan's voice snapped me back to reality

 "Hurry up Al we don't want to be late" I wrapped a towel around me and got out of the bathroom. I dried my hair and put on some baggy clothes a bit like yesterday. I didn't put make up, just brushed my hair and got my bag.

 "I'm done" I said walking to the kitchen where everyone was. Kyle glared at me and got out to the car and Logan walked over to me.

 "Come on let's go" he grabbed my hand but I pulled it back. Again he seemed to examine me, like he was trying to figure me out. I saw Susan give me a sympathetic look as Logan smiled and headed for the car. I followed him.

 "Can't she walk" I heard Kyle say as I reached the car, Logan punched his shoulder

 "Stop being an asshole" he said as I got in the back seat.

 "Whatever man" he shrugged and the drive was quiet till we reached school.

 "hey I'm Alex Mathews, the new girl" I said to the person outside the principal' office. She didn't even look up as she handed me a map of the school and my schedule. 

Finding my first class was easy it was just only a bit away from the principal's office. I took a deep breath as I put my hand on the knob and got in. Again the whole room went silent. God what was it about these people...I'm just the new student.

 "Oh yes you're the new student right?" The teacher asked, I nodded and handed her the paper I was supposed to give for the teachers to sign. She nodded and gestured for an empty seat in the back of the class. Perfect, no one would notice me in the back.

 "Ahem, looser" I heard a familiar voice fake-cough as the class snickered. I looked in the direction of the voice and saw it as Kyle. So that's how he wanted things. Fine.

I sat in class and listened silently as the teacher started explaining something about world war one. I just listened and waited for class to be over. As soon as the bell rang I was out and started searching for my locker.

 "Well, well well if it isn't the new little geek" I heard someone say. I turned and saw it was a guy with blond hair and blue eyes, he was obviously a jock and right next to him was Kyle. I tried to ignore them and took out the books I needed. "What cat got your tongue?" they all snickered including Kyle. What happened to him? he wasn't the same. Suddenly a feeling of nausea overwhelmed me. 

I turned away from them to leave but I felt a hand grab me and slam me against the locker.

 "Geek you leave when I tell you" The jock said but I wasn't listening, he was too close. I was too crammed up I started breathing heavily

 "Let me go" I said breathlessly as I tried to fight back the tears "Pl-please" the jock just laughed and tightened his grip on me. Suddenly a colder laughter rang in my head, as the image of the sneering man who raped me invaded my mind.

 "LET ME GO, LET ME GO, LET ME GOOO!!" I yelled as the tears came rushing down my face. I couldn't breathe as the images flooded in my head.

 "Tyler let her go." I heard Kyle say as I struggled against Tyler's grip "Look before the principal comes" Tyler finally let me go and I slid to the floor. Breathing heavily, not able to stop crying. I looked up to see Tyler and Kyle staring at me. I thought I saw pity and worry in Kyle's eyes but I was wrong. If he did care he wouldn't have stepped back and watched this.

 "Your such a crazy bitch" Tyler said, I didn't answer. I just ran to the girl's bathroom where I spent the next hour crying.  I couldn't believe I was skipping the second hour already. It was my first day.

 "You might need this" I heard a girl say as I saw tissues in front of me "I saw what happened" I turned and looked at the girl in front of me. She had blond hair, that was tied in a pony tail, big brown eyes and small red lips.

 "So who did it?" she asked as I wiped my tears away. I looked at her in shock "Who beat you?"

I stared at her dumbfounded. How did she know? she smiled at my expression.

 "I notice the signs. My sister was beaten by her husband constantly. She didn't want anyone touching her. She freaked out when any man got too close. So who beat you" I don't know why but I felt I could trust her.

 "I was ra--" I couldn't get myself to say the word "Violated" she looked at me with wide eyes "though I did get a share of a beating"

 "I'm so sorry" she said "The person--did you know him?" I shook my head

 "No I didn't know them" She flinched when I said them but readjusted herself

 "Well...you survived didn't you? I'm Elena" she extended her hand and I took it 

 "Alex. And I wouldn't call this surviving"

 "How long has it been?" she asked me

 "A week" Again she was shocked "yeah my parents sent me here. Couldn't handle an insane daughter" I chuckled a bit but she actually looked pissed 

 "Well you have me now. You don't need stupid parents because I rock" she said confidently. I laughed and felt gratitude that she was trying to change the subject.

 "Good to know" I said.

 "Oh and the assholes are Tyler and Kyle" she said "Best friends and they practically rule the school, aside from Logan and his buds of course" I sighed, figures.

 "I know Kyle and Logan, I live with them" I admitted and she gasped 

 "I actually feel sorry for you with Kyle but Logan is a nice guy. He isn't a bully" I nodded Logan had been nice from the start. Elena, or El as she liked o be called, compared her schedules with me. We almost had the same schedule except for gym and biology, o we spent the rest of the day together. Until it was time for gym.

 "You will be picking the sport you want today. There is basketball, volleyball, and running." I wanted to choose running. I desperately wanted to. But then I'd have to wear the gym shorts and top, which did not suite me well.

 "Um, coach?" I asked as the tall, fit man turned to me "I'm the new student Alex Mathews. Could I sit this one out?" the coach almost dropped his whistle when I said my name and his face gave me a pity look.

 "The principal informed us about your...situation. You can sit any hour out. All the teachers would help you with anything" he said a bit awkwardly as I nodded. I didn't know the teachers knew as well.

 "No one knows coach, please" he immediately nodded. I walked and sat on the bleachers.

 "What too scared you'd trip geek?" I heard the jock say sitting on one side of me, too close.

 "Alex always was clumsy" Kyle added sitting on the other. I flinched and got up.

 "Why can't you leave me alone?" I asked angrily and apparently coach heard me.

 "KYLE TYLER LEAVE MISS MATHEWS ALONE" he yelled and the boy looked shocked, apparently coach never really stood up for their victims. They got up and left.

Well it was official the first day of school was hell on earth. I went to Logan's car and got in the back seat. Hiding the tears that were struggling to get out. Tyler and Kyle ambushed me as I was leaving and Tyler's hand slipped as his drink fell on me.

 "What happened to you?" Logan asked getting in the driver's seat. I wanted to tell him, but knowing Logan he'd be pissed at Kyle which would make him hate me more.

 "A drink fell on me. I'm pretty clumsy" Logan looked skeptical for a moment but nodded while Kyle got in the driver's seat.

 "Take good care of Al today right Kyle?" Logan asked but Kyle didn't answer. "Is he Al?" I stared at the back of Kyle's seat for a while.

 "Yeah he is" I said with a smile

 "Good" Logan smiled at his brother and me.

As I sat in my room fuming over my first day. Was everyday going to be like this? No, of course not. They'd get tired eventually right. Right then their was a knock on the door and it opened before I got a chance to answer.

"Sure come in Kyle" I said sarcastically as Kyle shut the door behind him.

 "Explain" he merely said with a cold look

 "Explain what" I said exasperated with his attitude. It's been four years.

 "Why you reacted the way you did today, when tyler got you against the locker"

 "You mean when he slammed me  against the locker and you didn't mind at all?" I said for the first time glaring at Kyle.

 "I told you Al, no one wants you here. You can't expect me to be all dandy with this" he smirked "now are you going to explain this or not?

 "Like you said, no one wants me here. So I shouldn't have to explain anything to anyone, especially you" he glared at me.

 "Fine" he left slamming the door behind him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 5.8K 56
... I didn't know what to do... so I did nothing. There I was, sprawled onto the ground. Just looking at the sky. Wishing... praying... pleading that...
510K 8.4K 40
*ddlg story* Amelia was a normal adult, living a normal adult life; going to work, paying bills, grocery shopping. She lived a simple life, but she w...
638K 14.9K 24
After Lexi's parents die, she's a loner. Her brother isn't there for her like he should be, she has no friends, no one even notices her. Until her fu...
32K 1.1K 22
I was the unwanted. I was the broken. I was the girl no one wanted to be friends with. I was the one who kept to myself scared of rejection. I was t...