Rose pedals (a Vampire Academ...

By mony1231

This story takes place 2 years after the book Last Sacrifice. It fallows Rose when Robert comes back for reve... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chaptre 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapte 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 30 part2

Chapter 3

1K 28 2
By mony1231

Rose's point of view:

I picked one of the three jakes that Dimitri laid down for me and put it on. Then I took off my shoes and then the hiker boots. I left everything else on the bed and walked to the plane. The wind hit my face and then I started to feel the tiny ICE flakes on my check.

"Ok, you two ready. Now, Dimitri, I gave you the map so you can find the house and inside the house, there are instructions for the future, " my mother said while turning towards me. "Please keep her safe, and don't let her leave, " she gave him the death look. The next thing she did I wasn't expecting in a million years, she came closer to me and gave me a warm hug. "Here this will let you sleep, " she gave me Lissa Chotki. I took it from her hand and she went back inside the plane. We started walking into the forest, yet I still could feel like I was inside the plane since everything was moving. As we were walking I could hear the plane take off in the distance.

As William, Edgar, Dimitri and I were all walking in the snowing forest, the sunlight was shining like little stars thanks to the snow in top of the pine trees. Dimitri was turning the map up and down trying to capture the light to see the figures drawn on it. William and Edgar were in back of me making sure that my surroundings were safe, and also to be able to stop me from escaping. It felt weird having someone guarding me instead of me guarding someone.

I was freezing and my legs hurt. It had only been 20 minutes, yet it felt like an hour. My legs weren't ready for hiking, after coming out of a long sleep. "If we turn to the right we should be there," Dimitri whispered to himself. Then I saw a black Cadillac. I knew that if Sydney hade saw it she would give me the whole history about how the model was created. She loved the old and antique car and would talk to me about them any chance she got.

Dimitri pulled out a pair of car keys and then came closer to the car's drivers door. I don't even bother to ask if I could drive, but Instead opened the passage seat door. I wasn't a fan of being so close to Dimitri but I hated the back seat. Also, I did want to be in the back with complete strangers. 

"Just like old times, right," I said to Dimitri. He smiled at me, probably thinking that he was off the hook about bring me here. But he was crazy if I was going to forgive him that fast, he was sleeping on the couch tonight.

"Yes, just like old times," he said while turning on the car. The car made a loud sound that meat that it works. We started driving uphill and the sun started to come down which meant strigoi.

We were completely covered by a blanket of darkness after a few minutes. The car went out of the main road and enter a dirt trail. I started to look in my pockets but remember that this wasn't my jacket. "Can I have my stake back, comrade?" I made puppy eyes so that he would be convinced that I didn't want it for my escape.

"William would you mind giving guardian Hathaway's stake back to her" Dimitri spoke, never taking his eyes off of the road.

"But what if she wants it for when she escapes?" said Edgar will block William from being able to hand me my stake back.

"Trust me she won't go anywhere, I will stop her before she gets too far. Besides, she is smart enough to realize that it is too cold out there to survive all night in the forest, and she won't make it to town without light. It would be unreasonable to not give her something to protect her self from any attacks. It's ok, handed to her Edgar," Dimitri hade all of my escape plans better though out than I had. After all, Dimitri was soft, but also a god at his job.

I finally got a hold on my stake and I felt better. The cold metal felt nice. The thought of me protecting my self gave me a hope that I would go back to court and protect Lissa from anybody how would try to harm her.

A real tiny light came from the back of a larger gate covered by beautiful vines that were wrapped around it. Edgar walked out of the car and slammed the door. He went and pulled some vines off, and open the gate. The car passed the gate then stopped once more to pick Edgar after he closed the gate. The car started to drive again and more and more lights started showing until the house itself was shown. It was really big, and a nice house. It looked like it could house at least 60 people, and the garden was maybe 60 yards long.

The old man had outdone himself this time I thought to myself. He must be doing a lot of deals lately to have gotten such a gorgeous house. We parked in front of what I think it was the house's main entrance. "William, Edgar you 2  go and make sure the house is safe, after that call me, and we will enter," Dimitri said while giving them the key to the house. They each got off and started to walk towards the house. "Rose, l have to make sure you know this isn't to punish you in any way. However, we will stay in this house until Janine or Ade calls me back saying that Robert is captured or dead." He touched my hand, but I pulled it away from him.

"I understand you are concerned about me, but you're supposed to love me and a person that loves me would understand that I wouldn't like to leave my best friend without 100% of protection, " I looked right into his eyes and I could see his love. The love that was burning in him, and that he couldn't keep hiding anymore.

I got off the car and before I knew it he was in front of me. "I will always love you," he said piling me into a passionate kiss. At first, I was lost in his lips. I couldn't feel the cold anymore or could remember where I was. I kissed him back trying to feel that wonderful sensation. However, I jumped into reality, after a second I pulled away.

"Dimitri I need time, please understand that I have been thought a lot lately. I got shot, my best friend is the queen, a psychopath opens I injure with spirit magic, and I am across the world when my friend needs me. Just try to be considered that it hasn't been easy" I said.

I heard the door open and then a scream came through the door. "All clear" William said. I don't turn back to see Dimitri, because I couldn't see his heart brake.

I walked inside and the floor was a shimmering pearl white color, and the walls were decorated with antique paintings. In front of the giant staircase, there was a table with a piece of paper. This was the paper that my mom was referring to.

Dimitri came to my side and I gave him the paper. "You should rest, we will take guard," he said and left. I went up to the stairs and while wondering around the hallways I found a door with an envelope with my name on is. However it was different since my name was Written Rosemarie Mazur, classic, the old man wanted to claim me as his daughter. I grabbed the envelope and open the door.

I was blinded by the beauty of the room. It had a gorgeous bed that hade a tip of vale coming down from the headboard. The bedding was silky and soft. Then as I kept looking around the room I found 2 more doors. The first door to the right was a walk-in closet that hade all types of clothes in my size as well as my shoes. In the second door, there was a magnificent bathroom with a huge tube in the middle of the room. And a door to the outside.

After taking a shower and changing into some silk pajamas, I started to read the letter:
Dear Rose, I hope you are enjoying your stay in your new home. Also, my sincere apologies for not giving you a choice to stay at court with Lissa, but you 2 have to be away for a while so that Lissa doesn't have problems with her duties. Hope to see you soon.
Abe Masur

I was happy that he cared about me, but apparently too much because he got me this house and all the clothes in the closet. I went to my oversize bed and sunk into my soft blankets. I instantly fell into a much-needed sleep.

The next day

I woke up and felt confused about where I was, but then remembered that I wasn't in my room at royal housing. I started to walk to my gorgeous bathroom when I started to smell bacon and eggs. The smell was coming from the bottom of the stairs, and I decided to hungry up to go eat breakfast.

After going to the restroom and changing to a t-shirt and some jeans I went downstairs. William and Dimitri were laughing about something, I didn't know but I intended to find out. "Good morning, guys," I said stretching my arms. William raised from his seat right away ready to receive me. He was about my age but had a more childish attitude. He was the kid in this mission, hell I think this was the kid's first mission.

William came into a serious guardian attitude, well at least he was trying. "Guardian Hathaway is there something wrong?" he came up to me with worried extortion.

"Breath kid, you look like you seen a ghost appear right in front of you," I said crossing my arms. Dimitri started to laugh at my comment, and William started to blush. "Call me Rose, Guardian Hathaway reminds me of my mother." I expected my hand in front of me to sake his hand.

"Rose got it," he said while shaking my hand.

Dimitri was, in fact, making breakfast. Before I knew it bacon, eggs, and sausage were placed in 3 plates ready for us to eat.
"Rose, would you mind helping me get these to the dining room" he handed my 2 plates full of food and I walk to the dining room.

The room was as beautiful as all the room in this house, yet this was one of the biggest ones. The table could hold at least 12 people and even then there would still be space for more. I got to the end of the table and placed the plates in front of there chairs. It felt weird eating at this time of the day because I still was used to the moroi schedule instead of human scheduled.

William came to the table with the orange juice and the utensils. While Dimitri came in with the butter and 2 other plates with more food. I could already taste the delicious syrup on the pancakes and the crispy bacon in my tongue.

We all sat at the end of the table and start devouring our bacon, pancakes, eggs, and sausages. It wasn't long until our plates were clean and shiny, and our cups empty. An awkward silence was hanging in the air but was quickly broke by Williams sneezes. "Bless you," I said.

"thank you guardian Hathaway, I mean, Rose" William correct his self.

"Thanks for reminding William. Do you have a nickname or do you prefer William" I said trying to make him feel more comfortable? "Yes, my friends at the academy called me Liam, and it's way better than my long name, William Russell." He said while getting up and picking up the plates. He left to the kitchen and started washing the plates and cups.

Dimitri was quiet all thought breakfast and I preferred it that way. However, I was wondering what were the instructions in the note my mother left for him. I was determined to know what were are future plans. If we could ever leave to another part of Russia. Somehow I already had the idea that we would be staying here for quite a while.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.3K 1.6K 14
WARNING: This contains mature content - proceed at your own risk. You've been warned. Love Fades, Mine Has - those famous four little words ripped Ro...
193K 5.3K 37
*A Vampire Academy AU fanfic* An AU fic that branches away from the main storyline during Shadow Kiss: after the cabin, fight, and cave rescue. Dimit...
155K 3.2K 44
Nov. 5, 2021 update: restricted (mature content) chapters published as a separate work have been unpublished and won't be accessible. ****ALTERNATE...
6.6K 284 38
Dimitri still feels guilty for how he treated Rose when he was a Strigoi. When he starts receiving letters from Nathan, detailing exactly all the dis...