Meant To Be (Islamic Love Sto...

By RedRose2992

Meet Rahmat Abidah Khan, the sarcastic and outgoing girl who just happens to be in her last year of college... More

Prologue/Author's Note
Dictionary
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 11

1.9K 118 5
By RedRose2992

"The hijab is not about oppression, but freedom from evil eyes"
-Unknown

The hijab is a type of cloth worn to cover the head. Many, well known religious figures would wear the hijab, such as Maryam RA (Mother of Jesus PBUH).

The concept of the hijab is commonly mistaken as a type of oppression. This is false. Yes, in some cultures, this idea is forced upon women, when that's haraam. No one is to force it upon anyone. Women need to find it in themselves to wear it.

There are numerous reasons as to why women choose to wear it, such as preservation of beauty, protection from the evil eye, modesty, etc.

Rahmat's POV

"YOU IDIOT! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!?" I shrieked.

He looked lost and confused.

SERIOUSLY?!

"WHY AREN'T YOU RESPONDING?!"

Then...I realized I was the idiot.

He was staring in complete awe. He  was looking at my hair.

I instantly heated up and he turned around.

"I'm sorry" he choked out.

Then he turned around and started walking.

"Aseef wait" I mumbled.

He stopped dead in his tracks. Without turning around he answered with a simple "what."

"Never mind" I managed to choke out.

After that, I made a run for my bedroom. I quickly shut the door and took a deep breath.

A million questions flooded through my brain and I was utterly confused. I decided to take a shower seeing as this whole situation was stressing me.

After my shower, I slipped into some PJs and I prayed.

Prayer helps with everything.

Oh my lord, please give me the strength to deal with this new life and allow me to survive this new life and bear the challenges with it.

After prayer, I made my way downstairs. Aseef's parent's were sleeping over at a family member's house for the next few weeks.

As soon as I made my way downstairs, I wandered into the kitchen and witnessed a dark figure.

My heart started to beat rapidly.

OH MY ALLAH, WHAT IF IT WAS A JINN!

I grabbed the pack of oreos as it was the nearest item to my left.

"LA ILAHA ILALAHHHH" I yelled as I threw the oreos.

"OH MY GOD" yelled a deep male voice.

The lights turned on and I fell to the ground.

"ARE YOU CRAZY! WHAT ON EARTH—" he yelled.

"REALLY?! COMING FROM THE GUY WHO'S JUST SITTING IN THE DARK LIKE AN ABSOLUTE CREEP! OH MY GOD, I ACTUALLY THOUGHT YOU WERE A JINN"

"WELL I WAS EATING SOME ICE CREAM AND I HAPPEN TO FALL ASLEEP OK....?" he mumbled.

"Goodness I just came in here to get some water and then this just happens. And look, my hair is all tangled and I just brushed it! You always do this!" I yelled.

"DO WHAT!?"

"YOU ALWAYS ANNOY ME SOMEHOW! YOU JUST IRK ME!" I yelled.

"THATS AN OVERSTATEMENT, IF ANYONE ANNOYS ANYONE, IT IS YOU WHO ANNOYS ME!"

"You know what Aseef, I'm done. I'm just done. I married you for the sake of my parents, but I completely despise you. I know you wanted to marry Jennifer and I'm sorry you didn't get to marry the woman of your dreams.

But listen closely. I. Do. Not. Like. You. And I know you don't like me either. Its going to be hard to get along. But now, we don't really have much of a choice. So here's what I ask, you stay out of my way and I stay out of yours. Do I make myself clear?" I said.

Without letting him answer, I turned around and approached toward the door.

"You know what Rahmat...?"

I stopped dead in my tracks.

"You live with me now. What might that mean? You have no right to speak to me that way. My house, my rules. You. Can't. Control. Me." he said.

I turned around and smirked.

"Yes, 'sir' we shall certainly see about that"

With that, I walked out, leaving him dumbfounded.

•Next Morning•

I got out of my bed and let out a loud yawn. No one would hear me so I was fine.

I got up and loosely wrapped a scarf around myself to keep me warm. Then I headed downstairs. In the kitchen stood a woman, who looked in her mid 60s. She seemed tired and worn out.

She was cooking something.

"Assalam Alaikum honey, good morning. You must be Ms.Rahmat" she said.

"Oh please, its not right for you to call me Ms.Rahmat. I should be calling you Ms. Instead I will call you....hmmmm Aunty. Aunty seems appropriate. But yes call me Rahmat" I rumbled.

She offered a warm smile but then I noticed that she looked sick.

"Are you okay Aunty? You seem worn out and tired" I said putting my hand on her forehead.

"Oh sweety I'm fine. I'm just sick, and i'm getting really old" she said coughing.

"You can go rest, I will take over" I said smiling.

"Its fine, I am okay. I can work while I'm sick" she assured.

"Not while I'm around, now you go rest in my bedroom, I made the bed, after I give him his breakfast, I'll make you soup" I said.

She smiled but looked hesitant.

"Go...go on, now" I said smiling.

"Jazak'allah" she responded.

I made 3 omelets, set up the table in the dining room, made some orange juice, made some pancakes, and made some parathas.

After everything was ready, I made an extra omelet, and some soup for the Maid or the person whom I shall call Aunty out of respect.

"Aliza" said a deep, raspy, voice, coming from the dining room.

"Who's that, your girlfriend?" I mumbled.

"Jealous are we?" he added.

The idiot was smirking.

"No I'm just curious" I said nonchalantly.

"Well, she's my maid" he said.

"Wait was she the one who was making your breakfast?" I asked.

"Yes"

"She's not feeling well. I told her to rest in my room" I said.

"Really, I will check up on her" he said.

He looked worried. Genuinely worried.

"Wait, take this with you" I said handing him a tray of food.

"Woah, this is a buffet" he mumbled.

"Shut up and go" I snapped.

He scoffed and I was about to snap again, however I chose to keep my mouth shut.

After a while he returned.

"I'm hungry"

"Well food is in the dining room" I mumbled.

He rushed off and I followed.

"Why do you look so shocked?" I asked.

"You made all of this?" he responded.

"Yeah..big deal" I said rolling my eyes.

With that, he sat down and started eating.

"Who knew you could actually cook? What the hell?" he hollered with food in his mouth.

I started laughing. He looked so funny I couldn't help it.

"What" he said looking confused.

"You look funny" I said.

At this point I was laughing really hard, and I started to cry.

"You look....so adorable......your hair...........the mouth.....oh my god" I said in between chuckles.

I pulled out my cellphone and snapped a pic really fast.

Aseef's eyes widened.

"Did you just....." he started but trailed off.

"Give me the phone"

"No Aseef"

"Give me the phone"

"No"

"Give.Me.The.Phone"

"Nope"

He reached over and tried to snatch the phone.

After moments of struggling, he resorted to what I hated the most.

He smirked and reached out to my stomach and started to tickle me.

"Aseeeeef.......stoooooopppp....oh my god...." I said in between laughter.

Apparently it has gotten out of hand.

And right then, we fell to the ground, him on top of me, his face 3 inches away from mine.

We were so close, it was so...awkward.
It felt oddly right. Like it was usual for this to happen, yet I still felt tingly and my whole body was jelly.

I doubted the fact that I would be able to get up. He was looking at me, taking in every facial feature of mine, as I was doing to him.

He is so breathtaking...

"Hey my darlings, I think I am go—" I heard Aliza's voice in sync with her footsteps.

"Oh...looks like I am interrupting something" she said with a knowing smile.

We both leaped up.

"No no! Its not what you think!" Aseef and I hollered in unison.

"Alright...well I must get going, thank you so much for giving me the day off" she said.

I came closer to give her a hug.

"Fell better, inshallah we shall meet again tomorrow" I said kissing her forehead.

She reminded me so much of my grandmother.

"Inshallah" she replied.

"Oh and don't get too naughty, especially you, Aseef" she said, giving him a wink.

Aseef, on the other hand, turned a bit red and I snickered.

"We weren't getting naughty" he muttered.

"Yup" I said smirking.

He turned to glare at me before glancing away.

"Alright, guys, I shall leave, Asalam Alaikum!" she said.

"Walaikum Assalam!" I yelled.

Aseef rolled his eyes and then spoke.

"Listen, Aliza, take tomorrow and the next day off, I want you to rest" he said.

"But I need the—" she started.

"You'll still get paid for all the hard work you do" he said.

He was smiling. He was really smiling. His smile is so beautiful.

"Thank you!" she replied hugging him and kissing his forehead.

"Anything for you" he replied.

This warmed my heart. They seemed to have a very strong bond.

Aseef's phone rang and he went to go take it.

While he did so, Aliza said one last thing "take care of him, make sure he eats."

I nodded and with that she shut the door and left.

I decided to head upstairs in search of my cellphone. I really wanted to text Ameera on how her stay is and how  her parents are.

I walked up the stairs and saw that my bedroom door was open.

Slowly, taking baby steps, I walked near the door and looked throw the little opening.

"ASEEF!" I hollered.

"YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! YOU'RE SO NOSY DAMN!" I yelled.

He stood there, looking at my phone, browsing through it.

"GIVE ME MY PHONE" I yelled.

"Relax—"

I cut him off and jumped on him.
I swear, no one touches my phone.

"AAH WHAT THE HELL?!" he said as e both landed on my bed.

"NO ONE TOUCHES MY PHONE!" I yelled.

I struggled to get it, his arms were so damn long.

He was laughing. This man was laughing at me.

"C'mon koala....come get your phone" he said in between his phone.

Suddenly, we both fell to the ground. Thus, leaving us in the position we were before.

He was on top of me.

I was under him.

We were three inches away.

I leaned in more, he leaned in more. Until we were an inch apart.

I quickly snatched away my phone while he was distracted.

"What the hell?!" he yelled, infuriated.

"What?" I responded, along with a smirk.

"I have a question"

I gestured for him to continue.

"Who is the guy you have so many pictures of?" he mumbled.

"Who?" I asked.

"The guy....on your phone.." he said.

I decided to play a little game.

"That's the guy I'm madly in love with" I said.

"Your in love?" he said.

"Yeah, his name is Zack Knight and he makes me feel like a princess" I said.

Aseef clenched his jaw and turned around.

"Aseef what's wrong?" I asked.

"You could've told me that before we were married" he said in a dark tone.

"Well sorry, but Zack said that we could meet up in secrecy later" I mumbled.

Before I knew it, I was pinned against the wall...

"You're not seeing anyone anymore. You're married" he said.

The average woman would be scared right now.

I wasn't scared.

I was really enjoying this.

"Why are you smirking?" he asked, looking at me with confusion.

"YOU'RE JEALOUS" I hollered.

"I am not!" he responded.

"Zack Knight is just a well known YouTuber that I have a crush on. Relax" I said while laughing.

"You played me" he muttered.

"I did...but I wasn't lying, Zack Knight is my all time crush. He is SOOOO dreamy..." I fangirled.

"Why are we still talking about him?" Aseef snapped.

"Awww how cute, you're still jealous" I said smirking.

"I am not jealous, I thought I made myself clear" he muttered.

"JEALOUS! JEALOUS! HAHAHAHAHAH JEALOUS" I mocked.

"Shut up" he muttered.

"AWWWW ARE YOU BLUSHING! AWWW" I teased.

He turned around and walked out while I continued on laughing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

346K 18.4K 32
Amara Mahmoud is a 20-year-old, Muslim girl who is in her fourth year of undergraduate studies. She has a loving family and the most amazing best fri...
106K 6.9K 50
"I promise you baby girl that you will never be able to go away from me. You are mine, Mine to beat, mine to play and mine to touch." He whispered in...
997K 55.9K 53
MIRAAN ROHERO(age 30) He belongs to a strong politician family.Along with having ties in the politics , they are also running the underworld.Miraan i...
131K 7.5K 42
He is funny jokes. She is shy smiles. He is sarcastic. She is logistic. He finds positives in life. She finds negatives in life. He is a playgr...