Human // Josh dun

By ratedMformaddy

A girl with alexithymia - a disorder which makes it difficult to understand feelings - meets Josh dun in a re... More

prologue.
One. - The begging.
Two.
Three.
Five.
Six.
Authors note.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
PLEASE READ, IMPORTANT.
Thirteen.
fourteen.
IMPORTANT AGAIN.
Fiffteen.
sixteen.
Seventeen.
Thank you
eighteen. - The end.
IMPORTANT
NEXT BOOK OUT NOW!
Cover contest?
!importante¡ please read
cover creds
PSA

Four.

15.1K 446 1.1K
By ratedMformaddy

10:00

"Wake up, Alice!"

I roll over and face the wall.

"Wakey, wakey, cereal and milk!" mom shouts loudly.

"Just leave me alone!"

"No." The both state 'matter of factly'.

"UGHHH." I roll over and pull the blankets over my head.

"DOG PILE!"

Before I have a chance to get up two bodies plop on top of me.

"OUCH!"

"GET UP!"

They both lay on me for about twenty seconds laughing and then hop up like nothing happened.

10:30

"Cinnamon toast crunch or frosted flakes?" Mom asks

"Cinnamon."

"Okie dokey!"

She pours a bowl full of cereal and a teaspoon of milk. I mean not literally but its what it feels like. My mom can't even make a bowl of cereal.

"Thanks mom"

"Thanks mom" Lilly smiles.

11:00

"Please let me do you makeup!?" Lilly begs as we sit on the bed.

"No."

"Please!"

"No."

"Plea-"

"Ok I guess just don't do a horrible job."

"Way to insult someone." She smiles at me.

She reaches over and grabs the sephora bag and begins to paste makeup onto my skin.

Twenty minutes go by and she starts clapping.

"You look great!"

I grab a mirror and gasp. I have perfect wings, and pink glossy lips. I look natural yet I can't even recognize myself. I put on the fuzzy sweater Lilly picked out and listened to the makeup instructions she's giving me.

"Remember DO NOT PUT MORE THAT THREE MASCARAS ON, YOU WILL LOOK LIKE A SPIDER!"

12:30

"We're running late!" My mother rushes.

"You should have packed yesterday like I did."

"Oh, hush!"

"Go on out to the car I'll be there in a sec!" She screams from across the house.

Lilly and I walk out packing our stuff.

She pulls me into a hug.

"Have fun, and text me all the time!"

"I will, I will!"

"Bye!" She says as she hops in her car.

"Bye." I wave as she pulls out.

Once she's far enough down the road that I can't see her I hop in the car and wait. Five minutes later my mom is running out the door with two suit cases and three bags.

I did a little research and found that it will take a day and a couple hours to get there minus sleep, pit stops, and my moms slow driving.

Yay.

Two hole days of mother daughter time.

Grand.

"Hello sweet cheeks!"

"Hi"

"You got everything?" She asks.

"Yup."

"Then let's get truckin'!"

With that we pull out of the drive way.

5:00pm

'Give me a second, I , I need to get my story straight'

Mom 'jams' to the radio as I bang my head in the window.

Why did I agree to go on this trip? Why? I could have stayed with Lilly family. They have awesome food and a nice house. A nice quiet house.

10:00pm

"Are we there yet? are we there yet? are we ther-"

"MOM YOUR THE ONE DRIVING! YOU SHOULD KNOW!"

"HAHAGAH"  She starts to laugh choke and I push my chair back and go to sleep.

5:00am

'Baby's got back!'

"Mom can you turn that down a bit, its five in the morning."

"You need to wake up anyways. Pit stop in five"

I raise up and put my shoes on.

"Wow what a nice gas station." I say sarcastically.

"I know!" Mom says not getting the joke.

The Thorntons sign is all lit up but the T leaving 'horntons'.  Classy.

I get out of the car and go pee.

"Honey, get a snack."

I grabbed three king sized rice crispy treats and a large pepsi.

I walk up to the counter and pull out my debit card.

He checks everything out.

"Ok, swipe now."

I swipe and look up.

He just stares and giggles.

"What?" I give him a look of confusion.

"You have a gum wrapper right there." He says pointing to his right cheek.

I peel it off and shove it in my pocket.

"Thanks." I say as I pick up my things and leave.

"No problem." He says as the door closes behind me.

I have a bone to pick with mom! Sheesh, letting her daughter walk around with a gum wrapper right on her cheek.

I get to the car to find mom, once again, singing to I like big butts.

I pull open the door and start to scream.

"YOU LET ME WALK AROUND WITH A FLIPPIN' GUM WRAPPER STUCK TO MY CHEEK!"

She just sits there and laughs. Just wait.

4:00pm

'Shake your groove thang, shake your groove thing!'

"Honey, were OFFICIALLY in Ohio!"

"Yay"

"One more hour till were in Columbus."

"Thank god." I whisper under my breath.

"What was that?"

"Nothing."

5:05pm

"We're here! I made sure to find a hotel in walking distance from the record store! Oh yeah! I put 300$ on your debit, have fun! Unfortunately I'll be at work every day until Christmas, which is the day before we leave."

"Ok."

With that, we pull into the hotel and I hop out grabbing my two suit cases and one of moms bags.

I walk through the spinny doors and into the 'grand' hotel.

Not bad.

Mom checks in and gives me one of the room keys. Second floor.
That's good.

I open the door to our hotel room. Two big beds and a HUGEEEE TV. I think I'll like it here.

"Sweetie, I've gotta get ready. Meeting with the client at 6:30. I'll be back at 12:00, be back before I am if you leave."

"Ok."

Ten minutes pass by and my mom is out the door. I jump up and start to set my portable record payer up. I put on the same Beastie boys record and lay on the bed.

Fifteen minutes go by and I'm bored.

I get up and shove my hair into a messy bun, brush my teeth, and check my face for gum wrappers.

As I walk out of the hotel I start to dream of all the old treasures and the smell of antique records.

I have a feeling it's going to be a good night.

________________________

I know the chapters are short but that's easier on me because I can try to update twice a day. Thanksgiving break is over and I don't have as much time to write, so it will be a little slower. To anyone actually reading this thanks.
Leave a comment or vote!

PS. Josh is introduced in the next chapter!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196 32 12
Tyler is at his peak, he has the most loving friend in the entire world. Who may want to start a band. But what if hes falling for two people and he...
247 16 13
Tyler keeps having re-occurring nightmares about Josh, which always seem to involve a horrible incident, but what will come next for the both of them...
Favors By max

Fanfiction

6.5K 269 12
You and Josh have been close friends for a few years and are willing to do almost anything for each other. When Josh asks you to come to Ohio with hi...
16.9K 482 62
Y/n is an person who isn't noticed much who can drift away into her own thoughts her own words. Y/n works at hot topic just to get some money so she...