A Sister's Love

By missnd21

Her siblings do not know that she's been crying every night. Why? PUBLISHED ON : 29 NOVEMBER 2015 Copyright... More

Cindy

132 5 1
By missnd21

"Althea, I'm-" he was about to kneel infront of our mom but I slapped him.

"Go away! We don't need you anymore. How dare you cheated on your—our mom!" I was in fury.

"Cindy, stop it" my mom was crying, al'right.

"No, mom! I can't take it. He's so thick-skinned." then I faced my 'Dad'.

"I—we, don't want to see you ever again. Please leave, before I do something dangerous here." I glared at him.

He looked like he's in pain. Well, serves him right then. He just lost a wonderful family.

•﹏•﹋﹋﹋•﹏•

That incident was 4 years ago. My Dad had a mistress which he kept it from us for almost a year before I found out—well, I saw them making out in a bar.

My friend, Jake recognized my dad and sent me a photo of them together. As soon as I got the message, I rushed to the said bar and was dumbfounded when they were already making out.

Jake saw me and hugged me. He was bringing me out of the bar but I pulled away. I rushed to the both of them and slapped my Dad. I made a commotion and we were kicked out. My Dad can't even look at me.

"I want to go home, Jake"

I didn't know I was crying. My breathing starts getting heavier. Maybe because of asthma.

"Okay"

•﹏•﹋﹋﹋•﹏

I'm 18 years old now.

Currently studying in a well-known university and fully scholared. After Dad left us, my mom worked full-time for our needs. I studied hard to get a scholarship so that my education fees wouldn't be another burden to her.

My mom knew that I work part-time in a diner from 5 to 10 at night. It is convenient for me since my classes ends not later than 3 in the afternoon.

I told her that I want to be responsible and don't want to depend a lot from her anymore.

I have 2 younger siblings and they're boys. Oli is 15 and Ivan is 14. Oli is doing well in his studies but as for Ivan, not quite.

He often skips his classes. At such a young age, he knows how to be a rebel. He even goes home late and he's always being scolded by Mom. He 'almost' got expelled but I begged the school admin to make him stay.

Sad thing is, I never heard him said thanks.

But, it's okay. I have faith, that one day, he will change.

Every night, I prayed for my family. For their safety, their happiness and health. I want them to be happy again.

Everytime I prayed, I can't help but to cry. My family is my weakness. I can be brave and face the world, but when it comes to them, my heart softens and become selfless. They are always in my prayers.

I'm sad if I can't be enough for them. That explains why I worked so hard. My mom told me to rest but I refused. After Dad left us, I became the second parent in the house and also supporting them financially.

•﹏•﹋﹋﹋•﹏

"Cindy, you know you can have a day off right? It's Sunday."

"I need money for my mom's medicines"

"But-," I gave Jake an I-can-do-this-all-by-myself look. He sighed.

"Fine. I still can, you know...help you with the payments okay?"

"That's sweet of you, but no thanks, Jake. I want to do this, for her" I said while wiping the table.

"Cindy? Can I have a moment with you in my office?" That's Ma'am Cathy. The owner of this diner.

"No problem, Ma'am."

I walked towards her office and she told me to seat down.

"Cindy, I appreciate your hardwork and dedication to your work. If you don't mind me asking, is there someone you're helping financially?"

"My mom. She is, well, sick. Second stage of breast cancer. She still goes to work but her income is not enough for her meds she's taking. I still have two younger brothers who are in school. That's why, I need a job. To help her financially and I don't want her to be stressed out in her job, making money. Ma'am Cathy? Please, please don't fire me."

"I see. How about your father?" I winced by her question.

"Uhh.. He left us. He has a new family anyway."

"I'm sorry for that"

"It's okay. I don't need sympathy anyway."

"You know Cindy, I trust you. I feel that,—how do you say this, I want to give you a raise. Also, I want you to be the—" there was a knock on the door.

Ma'am Cathy, tell me!

"Ma'am Cathy? Someone wants to see you"

"Give that person a portrait of me then. I'm having some business here."

"Cathy baby!" a man with a bouquet of flowers entered the room. Ma'am Cathy is blusing!

"Lucas! Gosh, get out! We'll meet as soon I'm done here."

"But Baby—,"

"Lucas, out." she said in a calm, strict voice.

"Love you!" and that Lucas guy blew her a kiss and finally went out.

"Okay, that was...surprising isn't it?"

"Ma'am Cathy? What was it you want me to—,"

"Yes! I almost forgot! I want you to be the head of all the waiters and waitresses. It's hard work, though."

"I don't care, Ma'am. I'll accept the offer, this is for my family."

"I'm glad you want it." she smiled at me.

"Thank you so much!"

"You're welcome dear."

•﹏•﹋﹋﹋•﹏

My shift's done and Jake offered me a lift home.

"Cindy? How's your mom?"

"She's good."

"Happy to hear that."

He accompanied me towards the front door.

"Thanks Jake. I can handle myself" I said while fishing for the house key in my bag.

"Got it! Bye Jake, see you at class."

"Bye Cindy."

I smiled at him. He just stood there and his eyes...was longing for something. He held my shoulders while his eyes, those chocolate eyes were mesmerizing. I just can't look away.

Little did I know, his right hand cupped my face then slowly kissed me on the lips and my eyes were automatically shut.

I didn't know I was hypnotized by his act. Then, I realised what was happening and pushed him away. That was my first kiss!

"Jake!"

"Cindy, I-I'm so so sorry. I got carried away."

"Jake, just leave." my voice was low.

He gave me a look saying he was sorry and sighed.

My heart beated faster than usual. What's this I'm feeling?

I shook my head and entered the house. I caught Oli panting on his seat at the dining area, just as if he finished running.

"Why are you panting?"

"I didn't know you had a boyfriend." my eyes widened when he asked that.

"W-what? I do not have a boyfriend. Never."

"Then who's the guy you're making out just now?"

"Oli!"

"He seems like to like you a lot."

"Yeah right" I rolled my eyes

"Do you like him?" I choked out the water I was drinking.

"I don't...know."

"Yeah right" he smirked

"Go to your room! Geez"

"You like him" he laughed.

"Hey Oli?"

"Yeah?" he turned his back to face me.

"Is Ivan home?"

"Well, what do you expect?" he went to his room after saying those.

Mom's probably asleep now.

I took a quick shower and changed into my sleeping attire. Funny, I don't feel sleepy yet.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Does Ivan even knock?

I went to the door and opened it. I was shocked to see him again.

"What do you want?"

"Is your mom home?"

"4 years, Dad. 4 freaking years! And now you wanna see her? You are shameless."

"I heard about her condition. I was worried"

"Yeah right. Worried? You have your new wife, and maybe some new kids. They need you anyway."

"Our marriage is void. Or should I say, we're really not married. That means she's still not my wife. I don't have any children with her. Your mom, is still my wife. We didn't made a divorce. She is still my priority. All of you"

"Then why? Why did you chose her? Why didn't you came back? What was stopping you? Money? Fame? Sex? Why?!"

"Cindy dear-,"

"No, stop. My mom wouldn't want to be disturbed now. She is sleeping soundly. When you left, the family was in a hellish year. Oli hated you. Ivan's been rebellious and Mom, has cancer. But I don't want to blame all of these on you. One day, it will turn out better even if you return or not to us." I swallowed some saliva then continued.

"It's not my place to stay you away from or divorce my mom. But for now, let her be. If she really needs you, we'll let you know. I don't want to shock her you visited. She was in her greatest downfall when you cheated. She cried every night and been sleepless. She even lost her job. It's good that she has a new job now."

"Oh my God, Althea" he rubbed his face.

"See? You can't turn back time. It was your choice, and this happened. For your information, she's doing well now. So, before I could hit you again, you should leave. Now."

"Cindy, let me make it up to you. I'm sorry, bunny. I made a huge mistake. Currently, I can't think straight. You all are what's on my mind. How you're all doing and mostly your mom. I want to apologize to her. I still do not know how and when. Cindy, my bunny, please forgive me." This is the first time I saw my dad cry infront of me. I found myself crying too. This explains that he's really sincere.

"My bunny, please don't cry. I'm sorry"

"Daddy? I'm sorry too." I hugged him. I miss my dad very much. I hope that it turns out well between my mom and him.

"I miss you, my bunny. You're all grown up now. You are so beautiful." He cupped my face and rubbed my tears using his thumb.

Before he left, he kissed my forehead. He left the house crying. I walked myself to the dining table and cried it all out, again.

I miss my family. The time when it was so cheerful and full of laughter. Flashbacks of my dad together with my siblings were played in my head.

It's painful to accept that it's no more.

"God, help my family. I want them to be happy again. P-please. I hope that Mom's condition is getting better. I hope that Oli could forgive Daddy just like what I did. It's not easy but I know he can. And God, please knock Ivan's head. Not literally, but atleast make him repent and quit his gangsterism and for being rebellious. Oh God, please help us." I cupped my face and continued crying.

•﹏•﹋﹋﹋•﹏

Jake stopped me as I was walking to my next class.

"Cindy can we talk?"

"Jake! Uhh... You see, I still have class and it's Sir Caleb's. You know he's strict when we're late."

"If you don't want to talk to me, I can understand. I'm sorry again, Cindy. What I did was selfish and rude. I shouldn't have-," I cut him off by pulling his collar and kissed him right away. Just a very short one. That made him shut up, al'right.

"You talk too much. See you later, Jake" I grinned at him then ran as quickly as I could to Sir Caleb's class.

I swear, I caught him blushing a while go.

•﹏•﹋﹋﹋•﹏

I took a leave today. I have a lot of assignments to complete. While finishing my plates, a soft knock from my door was heard and Oli entered my room.

"Cindy? Can you do me a favour?"

"Sure, depends. What's it Oli?"

"You see, I have a Science and Arts project that's due in three weeks. I need to submit and pass it to earn an extra grade for my upcoming exam. My teacher also so-called blackmailed me that if I don't hand it in time, I am not allowed to sit for the said exam and fail it."

"And your favour is?"

"Can I borrow some money? I don't want to ask Mom and burden her. You know why. I badly need an extra grade. I will repay you when I get a job, I promise!"

"Sure, Oli. Anything for you. You don't have to repay me. I am really okay with it."

"Thank you so much Cindy! I don't know how to repay you."

"No biggie. So, how much do you need?"

•﹏•﹋﹋﹋•﹏

After a few days, I received a call from Oli during my class. It must be an important one. I excused myself from the room.

"Cindy!"

"Oh, hey there Oli. What's with the voice?" his voice's shaky.

"I-Ivan... he's rushed to the hospital."

Lord, why?

As soon as we get there, the doctor told us that he lost a lot of blood and needs some blood.

"Serves him right for involving in gangterism!"

"Oli, that's bad. We should donate blood for him instead and pray for him."

"Fine. Is mom coming?"

"After work. I bet she's worried. I just hope that her condition has not gotten worse because of this."

"I hope so too. Let's go?" I smiled by his response.

"That's what I want to hear. We should love one another, right?"

"Blood is thicker than water, anyway. Family first."

•﹏•﹋﹋﹋•﹏

After two days, Ivan was sent home. He looked calm and unusual. He's not in his bad boy look and if I'm not mistaken, he smiled?

"Ivan? Thank God, you're okay!" my mom hugged him and was in tears of joy.

"I'm sorry, Mom" we were dumbfounded. He said sorry!

"Ivan? Is that even you?" I joked

"Cindy, I am sorry. I heard you cry, every night when I arrived home. It caused guilt in me. I heard you cry my name, Oli's and Mom too. I'm so ignorant that I didn't know you were hurting. You sacrificed a lot, Cindy. And, I want to say thank you."

"Aww Ivan, come here, you peanut!" I hugged him so tight. Tears were framing my eyes.

"Cindy, thank you for defending me from the school admin, if not, I'd be expelled by then. Thank you for working part-time to support us financially even when you still have studies. Thank you for taking care of Mom. Thank you for being the second parent in the house. Thank you for everything, Sis. I-I... love you"

We all cried and had our group hug. Hearing those words from Ivan is really unbelievable.

Ivan finally repented and changed. I am so proud of him.

I still believe. We'll be happy again. With or without Daddy, as long as the four of us stick together, that will make me so happy. I couldn't ask for more.

Thank You God for this answered prayer.

THE END

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

723K 2.7K 66
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
6.5M 179K 55
โญ๏ธ แด›สœแด‡ แดแด๊œฑแด› ส€แด‡แด€แด… ๊œฑแด›แด€ส€ แดกแด€ส€๊œฑ ๊œฐแด€ษด๊œฐษชแด„แด›ษชแดษด แดษด แดกแด€แด›แด›แด˜แด€แด… โญ๏ธ สœษชษขสœแด‡๊œฑแด› ส€แด€ษดแด‹ษชษดษข๊œฑ ๊œฑแด ๊œฐแด€ส€: #1 ษชษด ๊œฑแด›แด€ส€ แดกแด€ส€๊œฑ (2017) #1 ษชษด แด‹สสŸแด (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
943K 83.5K 38
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...