The Price of Love • Draco Mal...

By slytheriniall

Skylar Smith is your typical 15-year-old witch. She attends Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry with h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue

Chapter 4

44.8K 1K 2.3K
By slytheriniall

(3 months later)

Malfoy continued tutoring me, with no luck; I was still completely dreadful. However, I had managed to raise my grade to a 'P', rather than 'T'. Does that even count as improvement? From troll to poor? It's probably as good as I'm going to get, so I'll take it.

I was in the potions classroom yet again, getting lectured about how I can't make a potion correctly.

"You use armadillo bile not Ashwinder eggs! Can't you do anything right?! You're so worthless!" Malfoy spat at me, while I continued trying to make Invigoration Draught.

Ouch. That hurt. "I'm... I'm sorry... I'm trying" I whispered. The past three months have been him constantly yelling at me for blowing things up or lighting desks on fire. Sure, I'm terrible at potions, but calling me worthless? That hurt a bit.

"Why are you so STUPID?!" He yelled at me, as he smashed my cauldron onto the desk. I heard a crunch come from underneath and I held my breath, praying that the crunch wasn't what I thought it was. I guess Malfoy heard it as well, because he lifted the cauldron off the table to see what he smashed.

My eyes widened as my suspicion was confirmed. I had placed my father's ring on the desk so I wouldn't ruin it if my potion burst into flames and burned my hand.

"No no no no this can't be happening!" I cried. I felt the tears stream out of my eyes and down my cheeks.

[DRACO'S POV]

I lifted up the cauldron to see what i smashed. When she started crying I immediately knew something was wrong.

"No no no no this can't be happening!" She cried. She picked up the tiny pieces and attempted to repair the ring. "Repairo! Repairo! Fuck! Repairo! Please repairo!" She started to sob even harder than she already was.

"Relax, it's just a ring. You can get a new one.." I muttered. She looked up t me with the most terrifying glare I have ever seen, and I've seen Bellatrix Lestrange angry.

"This is not just a ring. This was my DAD'S ring. And you know what? MY DAD'S DEAD; YOUR FATHER ASSISTED IN HIS MURDER! THIS WAS THE ONLY THING I HAD TO REMEMBER HIM BY!" She yelled at me. My face paled.

"Skylar, I'm sorry I didn't--" she cut me off before I could finish my apology.

"No Malfoy. I don't want some stupid apology. Nothing can fix this ring. It was made so it was irreplaceable. It wasn't supposed to be breakable! And DON'T call me Skylar!" She yelled as she stormed out of the potions room, still crying.

For the next two weeks, Skylar stopped coming to her tutoring sessions. I still showed up, just in case, though.

Christmas was coming soon, it was only a week away. I had wanted to wish Skylar a Happy Christmas, but I couldn't talk to her in class and since she stopped letting me tutor her, I didn't have the time.

(one week later)

[SKYLAR'S POV]

Christmas was finally here! Harry, Ron, and Hermione left yesterday to go to see Sirius. No, I wasn't going home. My mum decided to travel to Africa and visit my brother, which was fine with me; it just meant I could enjoy having the common room to myself for a week. I decided to go for a walk. Sure, it was cold out, but who doesn't love snow?

I ran up to my dorm and threw on some warmer clothes including jeans, a cute winter jacket, boots, and a hat. Very stylish, right? Anyway, I walked out of the castle and down to the Black Lake. It felt so good to be outside and escape the wrath of teachers.

"Smith!" I faintly heard someone call my name. I turned around and saw none other than Draco Malfoy running towards me. I huffed and turned away, not wanting to talk to the stupid git. "Smith! Wait up!" he yelled again, much closer this time.

"What do you want, Malfoy? Go away!" I yelled back at him as he finally caught up with me.

"I want--wanted to g-give you thi-this" he huffed between breaths as he held out a small box. "Merry Christmas." I slowly reached out and took the box from him, unsure of what it contained. I tugged the small ribbon off the top and cautiously opened the box, afraid something was going to explode. Inside, I saw my father's ring completely repaired.

"How.. how... how did.. how" I stuttered, not believing what I saw.

"I brought it home and had a friend fix it up because I felt bad about breaking it..." Malfoy murmered. Wow, who knew Malfoy had feelings?

"Thank you" I whispered sincerely.

"Yeah, don't mention it, Smith" Malfoy said, giving me a half-hearted smile as he started back to the castle.

"Draco. wait" I called, and he turned around. before I knew what I was doing, I ran up to him and kissed him. That's right. I, Skylar Smith, was kissing Draco Malfoy.

------

-Comment

-Fan

-Vote

-Share

Do whatever!(:

Help me make my story better

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

573 31 13
We follow the story of a young witch named Y/N, who arrives at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry under the guise of a muggle-born student. L...
2.1M 45.2K 51
A Gryffindor girl, finally making her return to Hogwarts after being away for 5 years. A Slytherin boy, cocky, arrogant and lonely. The two unexpec...
50.4K 952 40
Bella Makenna, a sixth year Hufflepuff, is just an average witch attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She spends her days watching Q...
3.5K 97 21
When Skylar, a now 7th year Ravenclaw, finds herself in a rather horrid situation with 2 older Slytherins, shes rescued by the least suspected person...