Masterpiece [h.s]

By StylisticMoods

Art is whatever we want it to be. It's definition malleable as it passes through person to person. The same c... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty

twenty one

7.7K 352 111
By StylisticMoods

Aurora nervously fidgets with her fingers, her dark eyes glancing over at Harry every now and again.

He's so relaxed with his beer and his pizza, his feet up on her coffee table. And she knows that the moment that she tells him her secret he'll be livid. She doesn't want to upset him, but she's also tired of keeping things from him.

Harry's pretty much her only friend and she doesn't want to lose him when he finds out through someone else.

"I'm seeing your brother."

The words are out in the open far quicker than she wanted them to be. Aurora bites the inside of her cheek and drops her head so that she's looking at the floor and not the disappointment and anger in his eyes.

Harry's fingers tighten around the bottle and his knuckles are so white. Aurora's afraid that it'll break at any moment.

His voice is calm, but laced with a dark undertone as he responds, "You're what?"

Aurora keeps her head down and twists her fingers in her lap. She doesn't say anything.

His eyes sear through her skin and she can't breathe because she's waiting for him to scream and to start throwing things.

"Aurora...answer me."

Her hands are shaking and she still won't look at him. "I'm seeing your brother, Harry."

Harry sighs deeply and sets his beer bottle on the table. His hands run through his hair and his eyes are shut tight.

"Why? Just tell me why, Aurora?"

Again, Aurora keeps her mouth shut and takes a few deep breaths to calm herself.

Harry waits patiently and he does the same because he knows how frightening he can be when he's angry.

"I...it wasn't my intention at first. But he kept coming around and he told me why he did all of those things to you...why he tried so hard to ruin your life...And I don't know, Harry. It just kind of happened. I didn't want to keep it from you anymore because I knew how mad it would make you."

Harry remains silent for the longest time.

"What was his reason?"

Aurora finally looks at him, her eyes sad. "Harry..."

"Aurora."

She sighs and runs a hand through her dark hair, a habit that she picked up from him years ago. "Back in grade school you stole the girl he wanted and it became a pattern. You took his happiness so he wanted to take yours. Just so happens, I was actually one of the girls that you stole once upon a time and...well...he's really nice to me, Harry."

"He's been the world's worst brother and the world's biggest asshole, all because a girl that we both liked chose me over him?"

Aurora nods and Harry laughs dryly. The idea is ridiculous and he has a hard time believing that was the reason behind Sam hating him. Hell, that would make him a big baby if it was true.

"I don't believe that one bit."

Aurora nods and continues to look at him like he's the messed up one. "Well, it's the truth. He said he isn't sorry though, that, I'm sure you believe."

Harry looks at her, really looks at her. "Are you with him because he looks like me?"

She doesn't answer immediately and that's all that he needs to know.

Harry sighs and picks up his beer, taking a long swig before he gathers the words he wants to say to her so that he doesn't sound like a complete asshole. "Don't hurt him even more to satisfy your own heart, Aurora. It'll only make him worse than he was before. He's still my brother, even if he hates me."

Tears prick at the corners of her eyes and he makes no move to wipe them away. "But it's so hard to let you go..."

"You made the decision a long time ago, Aurora. And Carter let you choose again. Don't bring more damage than you need to. You're smarter than that, I know that you are."

She speaks so softly that she almost doesn't hear her, "Hold me."

Harry still cares for her, even if it isn't in the romantic way that she wants. He gently pulls her into his arms. Neither one says a word.

The show's familiar theme song starts to play and Aurora mumbles into his shoulder, "Do you love her?"

Harry takes a moment to answer, his breathing low and even. "I think that I do."

It's a lot to say those three words, especially after only a few months, but he's almost positive that he loves Carter. He's never really felt anything this strong for anyone else before and all he can think about whenever he's with her is their future. He sees her with laughter lines and stretch marks and a cute little baby in her arms and a wedding band around her finger. He wants her more than he's ever wanted anybody in his entire life and the feeling that he gets when he's with her is so great that he never wants it to go away.

Aurora doesn't say anything more and pulls away to curl up with her knees to her chin, as far into her side of the couch as possible to get away from him.

Harry watches her for a moment or two and, in those moments, he realizes what's just happened. He's finally broken her heart.

He doesn't say anything as they watch Carter on Everlasting Ink and he feels awful. But, she told him to do it a few weeks ago and she's the one that gave him up for Carter's damaged heart to try to find love again.

This week's challenges are fairly normal and Carter earns second place on the first mini-challenge. She wins the elimination challenge again, but that isn't surprising because it was photo realism and that's one of her strong suits.

Harry still cheers her on passionately and he still gets angry when someone tries to call her out on something that isn't wrong or when they start to pick fights with her and call her arrogant and cocky.

Carter's yet to make a bad comment to anyone, let alone rub any of her wins in their faces, and it baffles Harry how some of them still don't like her and claim that she's done all of that and more.

Aurora doesn't say a word throughout the whole show, not even when Harry tries to engage in conversation with her to ease the tension. He frowns as he starts to clean up their mess of beer bottles and pizza boxes.

"You're going to have to say something eventually. Go ahead. Scream at me, hit me, anything. Do it. Holding it in will only make it worse. Trust me, I know and so does Sam."

Still, Aurora keeps her words to herself.

Harry sighs and throws his beer bottles away. He keeps his eyes on her for a moment longer to see if anything's changed at all.

Nothing.

Harry rests his hand on the cool metal of the doorknob and sighs softly. Aurora's still silent and he gently shakes his head as he leaves her apartment to head home. The walk is routine by now and it doesn't take him very long to make it inside and call Carter.

She picks up on the first ring. "Hey stranger."

Harry smiles to himself, "Hello to you too, sweetheart. Congratulations on your second elimination win! I never doubted you for a second!"

Carter blushes because she knows that he's somehow figured out that she wasn't incredibly confident this time around. "How did you know that I doubted myself?"

He chuckles lightly and turns over the neat little postcard that Carter's made for him. "Subtle clues. You get this certain facial expression, and then you mumble silently to yourself when you work. You never do that."

Carter's pencil slightly wavers as she thinks about it. Now that he's pointed it out, she realizes that he's incredibly right. "I didn't realize that I did that until now."

Harry's voice lilts slightly, "Really?"

Carter nearly giggles, "Yes, really!"

"Even if you don't win, you're still the winner in my eyes. How far along is filming?"

Carter hums and tries to think of a good way to explain where the show is at without giving anything away. "Far enough! Too bad everyone else is clueless about what's currently going on! I can tell you this, though, when it gets to the final three we go home and do this massive tattoo. So, I might be home sooner than you think and for some different reasons as well."

Harry plops down on his mattress and smiles up at the ceiling, "I wish you were here now. I won't have a friend for a while because Aurora is just now coming to grips with everything and you're miles and miles away."

Carter slightly frowns because she knows the feeling all too well. "What happened?"

Harry sighs and toys with the rings that decorate his fingers, "I came over to watch the show as per the usual, and she just randomly blurts out that she's seeing my brother. Obviously, I got angry, but I didn't yell at her or anything. I asked her why and if she's with him because he looks like me. She took too long to answer and I pretty much told her not to be selfish and ruin his already ruined heart because she's made her choice twice now. I finally broke her heart tonight and she didn't say anything for the rest of my visit. I have a good feeling that she doesn't want to see me again for a while."

"I'm sorry. She'll be okay though. It isn't your fault that her heart still wants you. Please don't feel like it is, because you'll only make it worse for her. Are you okay, though?"

Harry thinks about it for a brief moment. "Yeah, but, I mean...I still feel bad. You know?"

Carter nods, "Yes, I know. You know, you can always call or whatever if you ever want or need to talk. I'll take a bit to get back, but I will call back when I get the chance."

"I know. The same goes for you, sweetheart. When you come back, will you give me another one of your special tattoos?"

Carter beams, "I'd love to. But nothing on your back, I like the way that it looks bare and I refuse to work on that area."

Harry laughs and his thoughts drift to the last time they had sex. "Okay, that's more than fine with me, as long as I get to stare at your bare back while pulling your hair and driving into you."

Carter squeezes her thighs together as the heat rises in her cheeks, "That's more than alright with me, it's been far too long. I feel like a nun."

His laugh is much louder this time and Carter admires its sound. Despite how strange it is, she really likes it.

"I can imagine! Well, when you get back, the bedroom is the first place that we'll get reacquainted with. Sound good to you?"

Carter hums and imagines various scenes from numerous times that they've had sex. "I think the kitchen is even better. Don't get me wrong, the bedroom is a lovely place, very comfortable, but it's more intense in the kitchen and that's what I really want."

Harry doesn't need to be convinced anymore, "The kitchen it is!"

Carter laughs and moves to her bed to get comfortable, "I'm excited already and it may be a while before I see you again."

Harry grins, "Me too. Tell you what, I really can't wait to play with those piercings of yours."

"I can't wait to give you that opportunity. Hmm, how are your art shows going? I actually caught word of them the other evening."

"Great! I sold a lot more of my pieces! People are super interested in you right now! I don't mind selling my favorites now because having you is so much better. So, basically, my warehouse is beginning to look less like a warehouse and more like a genuine place!"

Carter beams and let her eyes wander to the city behind and below her window, "I can't wait to see it. I'm sorry Harry, but I'm really tired. Can I call you tomorrow?"

Harry smiles softly against the darkness, "I don't mind at all. Sweet dreams, sweetheart."

Carter nearly mirrors his action, "Goodnight, Harry."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 430 19
a companion book to Golden & Muse not a book 3! this book will be Golden in Harry's perspective, as well as extras from their lives together along w...
18 0 22
AI GENERATED In a collision of artistry and love, Harry Styles, a passionate florist, and Lila Evans, a talented tattoo artist, find their worlds int...
397 16 4
(Y/N) is in a toxic relationship with a man named Zayn. He wants her to go to an esthetician or he won't get her off. Well, lo and behold the estheti...
2.1M 89.6K 65
harry likes pretty pink flowers and louis enjoys ink and piercings. **This story contains possible triggers. Read at your own risk.** started in 2015...