I Want To Break Free ❤ Harry...

By justacupcakething

This is Amber Carter's story. Her life completely changed over night. Something she'll never forget and somet... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Message!
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39 - Final Chapter

Chapter 15

1.1K 35 0
By justacupcakething

I put the phone back on the table with trembling hands. I slowly turned my head and looked out the window. I guess I should've expected somebody to stand there, but it was nothing but the dark night. I had forgotten to cover the window with my curtain, I guess that's why he, or she, saw me.

Since my flat was at the bottom floor, and I had forgotten about the curtains, the person that send me the text must've been standing outside the window, looking in at me. Seeing me sleep on the sofa instead of the bed. He or she was gone now, but the thought of someone standing outside and looking at me while I was sleeping gave me goosebumps. I guess he or she sent me that text, just to let me know that I was being watched. And I certainly know that now. Since it was the same person that sent the text before, I knew I wouldn't get to know who it was, because Elizabeth and I tried that before. Internet was surprisingly no help in this case.

I decided that I wouldn't let anyone know about this. Not even Elizabeth. I mean, what's the deal, we couldn't track the person down anyway. Might as well not worry anyone. I just wondered if I would be strong enough to handle this on my own.

I also decided that I wouldn't let it show. I would try my hardest to act like I usually do, and not show anybody how scared I actually was. I was supposed to study with Harry after school, and I had no plans on canceling it.

I walked to the window and covered it with the curtain and made sure that the door was locked one more time before climbing into bed. I felt surprisingly calm about this whole incident, but maybe it was because I was so tired. Or maybe I was just paralyzed because of the fear. If I'm lucky, I will think everything was just a dream tomorrow. But, like I said, that's only if I'm lucky.

I wasn't lucky. I don't think I've ever eaten my breakfast that fast before. I grabbed my things and literally ran to my car. Only after opening the car door and starting the engine, I could let out the breath I had been holding.

To my surprise, Kelly wasn't at the locker as she usually is. She is a proper girl, she would never be late for school.

It's probably nothing. She could be sick and stay home from school today. No big deal. You have enough problems of your own.

Another surprise was that Harry already sat at his usual seat in the library when I got there (yes, we had “our usual seats”). I used to be the one that arrived first. He looked very handsome in his Ramones t-shirt and his black, tight pants.

Still got a girlfriend!

“Hello!” I said as I sat down opposite him.

“Hi!” he said and looked up from the book that seemed to be about biology.

“I have something to tell you,” I said as I took the math test we had a few days ago up from my bag.

“Really? What?” he asked with curious eyes. I handled him the test. He looked at it as I sat there, nervous for his reaction. His eyes widened a bit, followed by that beautiful smile of his.

“I knew it! You got an A!” I nodded and smiled while he gave me a high-five.

“Thanks to you. You're apparently a great teacher,” I said as he passed the test back to me.

“But you were the one that answered those questions!”

“Yeah, guess you're right. What are you reading?” I asked and stretched my neck to see the words in his book.

“Biology,” he said with a small sigh. I thought so.

“Well, Styles. Today's your lucky day! Biology happens to be one of my favorite subjects.”

“Is that so? Well, then maybe you could help me out, like I helped you with math?”

“That's my plan!” I walked to the other side of the table and sat down next to him instead.

“Let's see. Hmm.. Oh, you're reading about DNA?” I asked, he slowly nodded.

“Great! I'll make you understand why you look the way you do.” I said and giggled when he smiled at me.

We lost track of time, as usual. Harry finally understood the whole DNA-thing and now we both crossed our fingers and hoped that he would do well on the test tomorrow. We were in the middle of a conversation when my phone buzzed on the table. It was lying with its screen down, so I didn't see who the text was from. I didn't dare to look either. My whole body tensed, and I had to pinch myself in the arm so I wouldn't start hyperventilating.

“It's fine, you can answer it,” Harry said.

“No, it's okay. I'm sure it can wait,” I said, and I noticed that my smile and the happy mood I just had disappeared. Harry noticed it.

“You okay?” I looked at him, and for the first time since I started to hang out with him, I had to force a smile.

“Sure, everything's fine! I'll answer it later,” I said and shrugged, hoping he couldn't see my fear. I swiftly grabbed my phone, without looking on the screen, and put it back in my pocket. It caused Harry's pen to fall to the floor.

“Sorry,” I said as I bowed my head and searched for it.

“It's okay,” he said and started to search with me. I found it under my chair.

“Found it!”

“Watch your...” Harry said before my head hit the table.

“...head,” he continued. Ouch, that was more painful then it should be. I placed my hand on the sore spot and came back up. I couldn't help but laugh. Could this be anymore embarrassing?

“Are you okay?” Harry asked between the laughs. I just nodded.

“Haha, yup. It's just a bit sore,” I said and stroke the sensitive spot on the top of my head.

“Let me see,” Harry said. I hesitated for a moment, but bent my head down. He placed his hands on either side of my head and removed some hair.

“Well, I don't think you'll bleed to death, but I guess it'll be sore for a while,” he joked.

“Thank you doctor Styles,” I joked back and looked up at him. To my surprise, his hands didn't leave my head. Instead, they made their way down to my cheeks.

What's going on? What is he doing?

He looked me deep in the eyes while he gently stroke my right cheek with his thumb. I blushed and broke the eye contact by looking down, I could still feel his eyes on me though. He placed some of my hair behind my ear before saying:

“Amber, there's something I have to tell you,” he almost whispered.

Oh lord, this can't be good.

But suddenly, Harry's phone started to ring. I caught a glimpse of the screen and saw that it was Jennifer. Harry had told her that we used to help each other with homework and stuff, because that's the truth. But I'm pretty sure she thought that we were doing something else, and I didn't blame her. I would probably react the same way.

“Sorry, I have to answer this. I'll be right back,” Harry said, grabbed the phone and answered while he started to walk out of the library.

“Hello? Hi baby!” That was all I heard until his voice faded more and more until I couldn't hear him. I sat there, still overwhelmed by what just happened.

While I waited for Harry to get back, I grabbed my own phone and looked at the text, might as well do it now while Harry was around. But it wasn't from the creepy one, it was from my dad. Just wondering how I was as usual. I could answer that later. My thoughts flew back to the recent incident. I still couldn't believe how close to my face he'd been.

Harry came back after a few minutes, with the phone in his hand. He started to grab his things quickly.

“I have to go, Amber. Thank you for helping me.” He had placed his things in his bag and put it on his shoulder in just a few seconds. I still felt like I was moving in slow-motion.

“No problem,” I said in what sounded like a robot voice. He just nodded back to me and left me there. Alone. With my messed up feelings.

What did he want to tell me?   

Please Vote and Comment ;) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 4.9K 49
They've known each other since they were eleven, inseparable best friends for as long as they can remember, but long distance and spotty behavior cau...
25K 394 27
How can you lose someone who means literally everything to you, especially when you find out things you wish you knew before anything deepened betwee...
60.8K 1.7K 61
SEQUEL TO INSATIABLE. in·iq·ui·ty noun immoral or grossly unfair behavior. To say that Aurora is struggling would be an understatement- truthfully...
2K 42 14
Tropes: Childhood friends to lovers, Soulmates, Twin Flames, she falls first but he falls harder (or is that the case . . .), you complete me, Tragi...