The Alpha's Mate

By gonebeforethesunsets

"Care to explain?" Adrian's familiar husky voice comforted me. "We were going to wait until later to tell p... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three

Chapter Eleven

13.3K 377 36
By gonebeforethesunsets

The sound of a door closing woke me up and I ran my fingers through my hair, feeling oddly empty. I twisted around and realized that Adrian was gone. The spot beside me was cold and his shirt was gone. Confusion flooded my thoughts and I sat up.

I pushed the blankets aside and climbed off the bed, padding to the door. Just before I reached the handle, the door opened and I yelped. Adrian's gray eyes were huge but they were lighter than they were last night. His dark hair was tousled and had a twig in it—a twig which I plucked out and tossed into the trash can. So that's where his shirt was—on his chest.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" Adrian murmured, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me toward him.

"Where were you?" I demanded.

He sighed, "I had to go for a run. My wolf is..." he trailed off and ran his fingers through his hair, "never mind."

"Why didn't you leave a note?"

"I thought I'd get back before you woke up."

I frowned and decided to ignore him. For a split second, my heart had dropped into my stomach and I thought he'd left me. After realizing what I was doing, Adrian picked me up and placed me on the bed, leaning over me. My breaths were heavier and harder to come by as he kissed my stomach, slowly making his way up to my lips. I gulped and did my very best not to let a sound exit my mouth. His hands roamed freely, making my heart pound, and they left trails of fire on my skin.

"I'm sorry, Rosie." Adrian paused for a split second to pull his shirt off and toss it to the side before pressing himself against me again.

All bets were off once his lips reached the mark on my chest. He sucked gently on my skin, even though I could tell he wanted to be rougher. Soft moans poured out of my lips and my hands were fists in his hair, urging him not to be so gentle. I couldn't think straight anymore. My legs wrapped around his waist to hold him closer to me and he groaned.

"Rosie, unless you want me to shift into a huge black wolf right now and claim you, I suggest you don't do that," he choked out, pulling back to meet my eyes. His breath came in even pants.

My eyes widened. "Got it. I'll wear a hazmat suit around you."

Adrian's face displayed pure terror. "Around me? Hell no. Wear it around the other wolves. You don't have to wear anything around me."

I blushed and slid out from underneath him, readjusting my tank top and pulling on a pair of sweatpants. "Did you eat breakfast yet?"

He sighed and pulled his t-shirt back on—he probably knew by now that I wasn't very comfortable with the whole werewolf thing. I loved him more than anything, but I had yet to wrap my head around the fact that he could shift into a huge canine. My ebony wolf.

"Not yet," he followed me out to the kitchen.

"Pancakes?"

"Only if you have whipped cream and chocolate syrup."

"Chocolate syrup?" I raised my eyebrows at him while I was taking the batter out of the cabinet. "Don't most people eat pancakes with maple syrup?"

Adrian rested his hands on my hips and kissed the corner of my mouth. "I'm not most people, Rosie."

I shivered and gulped. "I know."

God, it was insane how Adrian could make my heart thrum and skin tingle in one sentence. I felt like a lovesick schoolgirl. I could tell the feeling of affection was most definitely mutual by the intense gaze I was receiving from Adrian.

We were jerked out of our "moment" by Gizmo trotting into the kitchen and jumping up at the two of us, wagging his tail a mile a minute. He caught Adrian off guard, sending him to the floor. Adrian's eyes widened in shock, then some more as Gizmo started licking his face. It must have been weird considering he could turn into a dog when he pleased. A huge dog.

I couldn't help it—I laughed. "You should've seen your face," I grinned.

Adrian scowled, but let his lips curve up after petting Gizmo. I swear, it was impossible to get mad at that dog. I'd tried countless times and always ended up forgiving him. Just like some other guy I know. An incredibly hot, sexy, possessive guy I know. Who just so happened to have the ability to turn into a huge wolf. And had the most kissable lips in the entire world.

"Rosie," Adrian's voice jerked me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"What are you thinking?"

"Nothing," I blushed and poured pancake batter onto a pan.

"Are you sure?" Two muscular arms wrapped around me and those kissable lips moved against the back of my neck.

"Yup. One hundred one percent sure," I laughed nervously, not wanting to boost my mate's ego by informing him of just how much I thought of him.

"I can hear how fast your heart's beating, beautiful. I'm an expert at picking up lies." Adrian murmured against the side of my neck.

I gulped and flipped the pancakes, wishing I could slow down my heartbeat. This was going to be a long morning.

--------------------

Adrian Chandler

Dude, where are you? You were supposed to run a perimeter with us this morning. Gage's voice was immediately filed away as unimportant in my mind.

Rose was laying underneath me on the couch and her fingers were tangled in my hair. My hands continuously skimmed up and down her sides and our lips were glued together. It was at times like these where Rose would ignore the logic in her mind that argued with her to be more cautious around me. Why she was so careful, I had no idea.

Where are you? Gage was getting on my nerves.

I tugged my shirt off and tossed it on the back of the couch, purring in content when Rose's fingernails skimmed up and down my chest. A tapping on the window jerked both of us up from our current position, though our arms were still wrapped around each other.

"Bastards," I muttered, growling in annoyance and burying my face in Rose's silky hair.

Diesel, Gage, and Heath were all standing at the window, smirking at Rose and I. My mate's cheeks were tomato red. I wanted to cuss them out for interrupting Rose and I, but she'd get mad at me.

So I brought my lips to hers again, "just ignore them."

Rose grinned against my lips, "you are unbelievable."

"Unbelievably sexy."

"I can't argue with that," she murmured.

"Open up or the big bad wolves are breaking this window!" Gage shouted.

"Dickhead." I pushed myself up and grabbed my shirt, pulling it on and walking over to the front door. Rose went to the kitchen to grab some food, knowing they'd be hungry.

I opened the door for them and gave them all an annoyed glare before locking the front door behind them. All three wolves had smirks on their faces and Gage seemed pleased that he'd caused the irritation that rolled off of me in waves.

"You guys looked like you were having fun," Gage sat down at the table in the kitchen and grinned at Rose, who was blushing furiously.

"We were." I ate a sandwich from the plate Rose put on the table, then pulled her onto my lap before she could go hide behind the counter. "What do you guys want?"

It's about the rogues. Gage spoke to me through the bond, knowing that I hadn't informed Rose of our little situation.

I stiffened and felt Rose tense, tuning into my discomfort. "Baby, go upstairs. I'll be right there."

She swiveled around until she was facing me, "why?"

"I'll tell you later." I had no intention of bringing my innocent mate into this.

Rose frowned and slid off my lap, gliding out of the kitchen—I knew she was upset. Every single cell within me was screaming to chase after her, but I needed to take care of the rogues first. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair, turning back to Gage.

"Make this quick," I snapped.

"Sorry Mr. Grumpy-wumpy-pants." I glared at him for using the nickname that Rose created for days when I was moody.

Deciding to step in, Heath explained what was going on. "We found more footprints on the borders of the territory." He hesitated, exchanging glances with Diesel and Gage. "And, uh, we also found some on the edges of the woods. A few minutes away from here."

I felt something in my chest flame and I darted up, slamming my hands on the table and snarling at all three of them. "And you haven't tracked them down yet? Why aren't they dead at my feet?"

"Adrian, cool it." Diesel rolled his eyes at me. "Be reasonable—they'd be gone by now. And did you honestly want us to bring dead rogues into Rose's house? I think not."

I closed my eyes for a few seconds, forcing myself to calm down. Nothing good ever happens when I'm furious. After opening my eyes, I groaned and massaged my temples, wishing that I could just have one day with Rose without any rogues or pack business to attend to.

"Just one day," I sighed, "one day without any work."

Gage pat me on the back, "we'll be at your house in a few hours."

"See you then," Heath and Diesel followed Heath out the door.

I slowly locked the door behind them and rubbed my jaw, wondering what to tell Rose. I lazily took my time going up the stairs and opened her door after a few seconds of pause. She was standing on her balcony, watching Gage, Diesel, and Heath leave. I watched as tiny wisps of her silky brown hair flowed with the breeze, framing her face.

I came up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist, not caring that she was upset with me—I needed her close. "You're so beautiful," I murmured into her neck.

"What were you guys talking about?" She twisted around in my arms and looked up at me with her big violet orbs.

"Nothing you should worry about," I leaned in for a kiss, but she placed her index finger on my lips.

"You would worry if the positions were switched. What if I refused to tell you something that had to do with my safety?"

"I wouldn't let something affect your safety in the first place." This time I didn't take no for an answer—I pressed my lips roughly against hers, earning a small moan.

"Rian," she gasped and took a few seconds to catch her breath—I loved that I was able to do that to her. "What aren't you telling me?"

"Baby, don't worry." I ran my thumb up and down her cheek soothingly. "I'll take care of it."

I could tell that she wasn't going to let it go, but she didn't want to fight with me. "Okay. But don't think I'm letting this go."

"I know," I felt my lips curve up. "I only have a few hours before I have to meet a few pack members. What do you want to do?" I planted kisses down her throat, showing her exactly what I had in mind.

"Rian, we have neighbors!" Rose grabbed my hand and pulled me inside, causing me to chuckle.

"I don't think they mind," I smirked and pulled her against me.

"I'm pretty sure they do," Rose's eyes flickered down to my lips. A blush spread across her cheeks when she realized I was staring at her.

"Oh well. They should mind their own business." I pressed my lips to hers gently, loving how soft and moist her lips were as they molded with mine.

Rose linked her arms around my neck and stood on her tiptoes so I wouldn't have to bend down as far to reach her lips. Our mouths moved in perfect sync, just as they always did, and I knew in that moment that I had fallen hard for her. As her last boyfriend before we tied the knot, I wanted to actually be her boyfriend. I wanted to take her out on dates and deal with the protective men in her family.

"Rosie," I breathed between kisses.

"Mmm?"

"Are you free tomorrow?"

She pulled back and looked up at me, raising her eyebrows. "Why?"

A smile slid onto my face, "I'm taking you somewhere."

Rose grinned, "may I ask where?"

"You may, but that doesn't mean I'm telling you."

"What's with you and secrets?" She tugged affectionately at the strands of my tousled hair. "It drives me crazy."

"Nothing keeps attention like a bit of mystery." I glanced at her full lips. "Where were we?"

"I was going downstairs to feed Gizmo," she said smugly.

"Gizmo can wait," I crushed my lips to hers and pushed her back against the bed.

"So can you," she panted, smirking at me and kissing me on the cheek before leaving the bedroom.

I smiled to myself, "God that girl drives me crazy," I muttered, shaking my head in disbelief. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.8M 634K 53
(Warning Mature Content) "You don't know how long i've been waiting for you to say that..." Sam groaned into the crook of my neck, his teeth grazing...
418K 17K 68
"It's always been you, Phoenix. You are the one who makes me the happiest. Just being in the same room as you gives me god damn butterflies. Hearing...
22.5K 1.4K 24
***COMPLETE*** THIS IS THE FIRST BOOK I EVER WROTE SO ITS RUBISH I SUGGEST READING MY MORE RECENT BOOKS THEN READ THIS ONE TO SEE HOW I HAVE IMPROVED...
4.6K 392 41
Kiedi had never fit in well with others and she thought she liked it that way. That was until she moved to a new state and bumped into a sexy strange...