Phoenix Feathers: The Magician

بواسطة PensofFury

Tristan Mathis was the town magician and even he knew that magic was all smoke and mirrors. Just tricks. Unti... المزيد

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three

Chapter Four

18 2 0
بواسطة PensofFury

"Nicole?" The question was directed more towards his confusion then the girl in front of him.

" What is going on?" He began questioning. "Why do you know about these people and the weird things they can do? And why can you do it too?"

The awe in Nicole's eyes was evident. She opened her mouth to speak but shut it abrupt. Tristan was not giving her time to answer.

The confusion in Tristan's mind broke the invisible bridge between his mouth and his brain and everything was flowing out. " You can't be a part of this, whatever this is? I've known you for almost two years?" Tristan's questions kept flowing and would have continued if Nicole hadn't stopped them.

"Tristan please!" she almost yelled. "I'll answer your previous questions but that's it for right now we don't have time for anything more." she cleared her throat and continued. " The 'weird' things I'm able to do is called magic which you ,being a magician, should be able to understand. And about you knowing me. ....let's just say I know a lot more about you than you do about me. A lot more." she carried on answering a select few of his many questions.

As Tristan stared at the girl she started to feel more and more unfamiliar. To his eyes she was no foreigner, for her facade was exactly the same. But to his heart and mind, she was almost alien.

Nicole walked up and grabbed hold of his arm. It was a gently reassuring touch. "You may not know me as well as you thought. But the fact that you can trust me didn't change."

Tristan was confused he didn't know what to believe anymore. "Well the fact that you've been lying to me for almost two years kinda kills the trust thing." he returned tho no venom was in his voice. He couldn't be mean. Not to her.

She sighed a little before responding. "Well so has your parents and you don't seem angry at them, so please just forgive me." She stared at Tristan with her beautiful eyes and smiled. "Maybe if you forgive me we could continue what we started at the Talent Show." She loved how he looked at her as if he'd do anything for her. She knew he couldn't resist her.

Damn it. I can't resist her. He instantly forgave her and got a little excited by the thought of continuing the Talent Show situation. He realized he had a goofy smile on and dissolved it. Instantly feelings of embaressment rushed blood to his face. When she locked their hands Tristan lost control. He felt brave considering all that had happened that day. Using his new found sense of bravery he wrapped his arms around her thin waist and leaned in for a kiss. His lips were drawn to hers, completely out of his control.

Their lips were mere centemeters from touching when their second chance was interrupted by a voice from behind them. "There it is! The Dimensional Gate.". Tristan turned to see Detective Hobbs standing in the doorway with his gun pointing towards them. He could feel Nicole tense a little and start to pull away but he held her firmly. "We could just ignore him and continue." he offered with a warming smile.

A low giggling sound came from deep in Nicole's gut. "You want us to ignore the gun that's aimed at us and the mad man holding it?' she said putting emphasis on the word gun. Tristan realized how silly it must have sounded and resided letting her go.

She moved in front of Tristan in a very protective way that made him slightly agitated. Is she trying to protect me? I'm supposed to protect her. He didn't like the thought of being saved by a girl or the thought of Nicole in danger. No matter how new this Nicole was to him.

He began to step forward and hit his nose on something hard. Something hard and Invisible. He was stunned that there was an invisible wall between them. He knew she must have put it up in front of them, probably a move to protect him.

Nicole and Detective Hobbs were locked in a stare down. "Tristan I know you want to help but I'll be fine." They both heard Detective Hobbs sneer out 'I wouldn't be so sure!" at her comment. She ignored him and continued. "Don't listen to him. I need you to jump into the D-Gate and hold it open, it won't close as long as your standing in the door way." she informed him without turning around."If you want to protect me then I need you to do this."

Tristan contemplated this for a second but realized that he should listen to her. It's not like I can get past the invisible wall anyway. He took a step towards the D-Gate and heard a gun shot. He immediately froze. A pained feeling was coursing through his body but not because he was shot but because he was scared Nicole was.

He quickly spun on the balls of his feet. To his relief Nicole was fine. He looked at Detective Hobbs, his gun was pointed up a little too high for him to be aiming at Nicole. It's almost as if he was aiming.....He realized that Nicole wasn't the target. I was.

He looked directly in front of himself and noticed a bullet stopped inches from his face. If not for the barrier it would have hit him in the head. Detective Hobbs was really going to kill him. He looked at Nicole who nodded her head as a sign for him to continue on to the DGate.

He examined how far away he was. He needed a running start. He pushed off his hind leg and sprinted to the edge of the building.Using both legs to jump he just managed to reach the DGate and pulled himself up into it. It started to expand when he was standing in the door way. He lifted his hand to the top to stop it from shrinking anymore. He swirled his body and watched the scene in front of him.

"Nicole, Let's go." he said while holding it open with his hands. Nicole and the Detective hadn't moved from their initial positions. Tristan could see Detective Hobbs making quick glances towards the D-Gate. It looked like he didn't care about them just the Gate.

Nicole averted her eyes for a mere second to look behind her as she backed up towards the gate. Detective Hobbs, with his gun at the ready, walked forward as she walked back.

Nicole lifted her hand and along with it Detective Hobbs lifted off the ground and hit the door to the roof. Nicole swirled around and rushed to the edge jumping to the DGate when she got there. Her jump was short. She had backed up too close to the edge leaving her no running room. She only got far enough to reach the bottom of the gate. Tristan grabbed her arm and started to pull her up.

Out the corner of his eye he saw Detective Hobbs get up. Guess Nicole didn't hurt him as much as I hoped she did. Hobbs got up and started sprinting towards the DGate as if it was the last plane out of a zombie infested city.

Tristan had just finished pulling Nicole up. She grabbed his hand and tried to pull him but Tristan wouldn't budge. He couldn't. Detective Hobbs was off the deep end. He had already jumped off the ledge and was flying through the air.

Everything started to slow down as if time was in a marathon and was starting to tire out. Tristan had two choices. First was to listen to Nicole, who was shouting at him at this point while yanking his arm, and jump fully into the DGate closing it. The Second is to let Detective Hobbs reached the DGate.

The first involved letting a man fall to his death and the other meant that Detective Hobbs would follow them to..where ever they were going. He had a choice to make. Tristan sighed and stood strong as Hobbs came crashing into his abdomen sending them all into the Gate as it closed behind them.

We're falling. Tristan was still in the hold of Detective Hobbs. He had no clue where Nicole had went. The tackle had broken the lock they had on each others hands.

Still struggling under the vice grip hold Detective Hobbs had on him. He thrashed this way then that way he soon realized it was useless to try and break the hold. Tristan lowered his head then quickly raised it hitting the Detective square in the nose. Hobbs quickly released his hold to check his nose which was now bleeding profusely.

That's what you get. Next time you'll let me go when I want you to.. His relief was short live as the light at the end of this upside down tunnel they were falling through came into view. The light was illuminatingly blinding, Tristan unintentionally shut his eyelids. The light was getting brighter. He had to admit he was kind of excited to see what the end of the tunnel would bring.Tristan forced his eyelids back open and saw the source of the bright light. It was a giant ball of fire. It was the sun.

That's the biggest sun I have ever seen. Wait. The sun. Tristan's gaze turned to the ground. He gulped in fear. The end of the tunnel brought fear. As his decent began Tristan squirmed, flipped and even flapped his arms as if hey were wings. He tried anything in a desperate attempt to slow his fall. The ground was coming for him . Nicole was no where to be found but Detective Hobbs was falling after him still clutching his broken nose.

The wind whipped past him and he started yelling and flailing his arms as if he was trying to fly. The ground was coming a 80 miles an hour. We'r e going to die. He looked up at Detective Hobbs. More importantly I'm going to die.

Closer and closer the mound of dirt came. His thoughts were Am I really going to die like this?

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

468 0 35
Don't lose your fire. ___ Kalama Breevort is the princess of Ambrosia and she and her brother, Aeson, are the two powerful halflings in the entire wo...
78.3K 2.7K 12
This is a story about a group of nerds: Alex: a neko (15) - the artist Simon: a witch-fox hybrid (16) - the computer genius Max: a half-Demon (15)...
115 1 13
IN THE ISLANDS THAT ONLY DARKNESS AND NIGHT TOUCH, LIVES A GIRL NAMED RIVER RUE. SINCE SHE WAS A CHILD, SHE HAD HEARD ABOUT THEIR ORIGIN TALES FROM T...
70 0 41
Kendall Warnell thought that moving away from the place she was possessed would help her be able to move on from the traumatizing experience but it h...