America's Angel (Captain Amer...

By cuddles2405

Serena Ace is a doctor at SHIELD. She manages to keep her secret under wraps as she works at SHIELD. That is... More

Chapters Edited
Meeting Him
Officially Meeting Him
Steve
Surprises
My Halves
Little Spar
Horn Head
Creep
Love In The Air
SHIELD's Secret
Family Feud
Chaos
Avengers Assemble!
Together We Stand
As One
Serena Gabriella Ace
My Angel
First Date
Avengers Party
My Brother
Severing Ties
Epilogue
Sequel? :D
SEQUEAL IS UP!!!

A Spark

14.3K 246 121
By cuddles2405

The next morning, I woke up around six because that's my usual time that I get up. Like I still don't know how my body does it, it will automatically wake up around six, it's weird. Either way, I woke up, did my normal routine and knocked on Steve's door, only to find it empty when I opened the door. I scrambled to the kitchen to get my keys but find a note on the island.

Dear Serena,

Out for a run, will be back around 6:30 or so.

-Steve Rogers

'Aww so cute that he leaves me a note instead of shooting me a text. Where are all the men like him in the world. Oh wait, they're dead.' I mused to myself as I get started on making breakfast. When I was searching the butter that was lost in my fridge, I fished out a blood bag and my face paled, "Shit... What if he saw this... He would have confronted me right?" I checked the expiration and it wasn't until tomorrow so I quickly downed it and dispose of the bag. "Man, I hope he didn't see that." I mumbled as I cooked the bacon. 

15 minutes later, I heard the front door open. "Steve, is that you?" I asked from the kitchen. "Yeah, good morning." He smiled as he walked into the kitchen. "Morning to you too Captain." I giggled, setting the plate of food in front of him. "Oh thank you." He smiled before digging in. "After we're done eating let's take you to the nearby gym so you can slowly regain your full strength. Then we can improvise from then on out." I told him after swallowing my food. "Alright, thank you for all this, really." He continued to thank me. I really found it cute and gentleman like. "Steve, stop thanking me, it's nothing really. I want to do this." I chuckled, grabbing the gloves to start on the dishes, only to have a pair of big hands stop me. "No, let me, you already let me stay in your house and cook the food." I tried to argue with him but he kept on insisting so I just dropped it, and let him do the dishes.

While he was doing the dishes, I took a quick shower and changed into some jeans and my usual cute top. I sat on the couch and watched some TV while Steve was showering and getting ready. "Another strike has happened here in Wisconsin last night. Five more victims have fallen at the hand of this mysterious killer. The only thing that is found on the bodies are two puncture wounds at the neck." The news reporter said as she stood before the scene. A person from the nearby crowd ran up to the news reporter and grabbed the mic, saying "It's vampires I tell you! They are going to take back what is rightfully theirs!" 'Okay, she's lost a few nuts and bolts up in that noggin of hers.' I chuckled a bit before my mood dimmed down. "You don't believe in that stuff do you?" Steve asked, leaning against the entrance of the hallway. "Well, I think it's just some eccentric serial killer." 'Or my brother.' I added mentally, thinking back to his vow to kill me. "I don't for one, the only vampires I know remain in Transylvania." Steve sneered, pushing off the wall and sitting down next to me.

The two of us watched the news for a bit before heading out to the nearby gym. I paid for Steve to have a membership there so that he could come and go as he pleases. While he was beating the crap out of some punching bags, I was on Facebook and texting Leeann.

L: Guuuuuurl, I've seen his profile. He is one fine man ;)

I have no idea what came over me, but when I saw that I felt... Jealously?

Me: You and checking guys out. He's such an awesome guy. So polite and mannered. So unlike 'men' now a days.

L: How do you know this? :o

Me: ......... I picked him up yesterday with Nick....

L: I have a feeling there's more to it missy. SPILL!

Me: Naaaaah, I'll let you wait for now xD

L: OMG DID YOU BANG HIM!?!?!?!

'.....Okay 1) Ew 2) WTF 3) For some strange reason that made my heart race and face heat up.' I sat there and blushed while I stared at me phone, trying to pull myself together to reply to her.

L: OMG YOU TOTALLY DID DIDN'T YOU!? THAT'S WHY YOU'RE NOT RESPONDING!!!

Me: I swear, this girl. -.- No I did not bang him. He's like 94. Plus, you know me, I don't do any of that stuff.

'Okay, maybe it would be okay, considering how I'm like 90... Give or take... Vampire genes man, they suspend your aging.' I chuckled out loud, unaware that I caught Steve's attention. "What are you finding so amusing over there?" He asked, looking at me with a raised eyebrow. "Oh nothing, nothing." I covered the bottom half of my face with hands and phone, trying to hide my blush. Steve continued to look at me for a bit before going back to beating the bag filled with sand. I couldn't help but watch him as he punched the bag. 'God his muscles mhmm, those arms, omg I can see his abs through that shirt.' I was totally drooling over him. With every thought, I felt my heart race faster and faster. 'Why am I feeling this? Okay, more of like how is it possible.' I remember my father telling me that vampires seldom feel love and emotions like such. 'But he fell in love with mom... Maybe I should read those letters that they left me...' I thought as I continued to watch Steve, looking away when he caught me looking at him.

After an hour or so, Steve decided to call it good for the day so we went home for some lunch before going around the city a bit. "So you feeling better?" I asked as we walked in Central Park. "Better than yesterday, still adjusting though." He replied with a smile. I chuckled and replied, "Well I don't expect it over night Captain. Things like his take time, trust me," 'I know...' "But I'm pretty sure not much has changed, besides the tech. Crime is still prime now a days, criminals are not like how they use to come by though." I added. "I'd be surprised if they didn't pose more of a challenge." Steve chuckled.

We stopped at the front of the lake and skipped rocks. Well, more of Steve skipped rocks while I attempted. 'I swear, 92 years and I still can't skip a damn rock.' "Here, let me teach you." Steve said, bending down and picking up a rock. "You want to try and get a long flat rock, like this one," he picked up a few rocks and gave me some, "Then you want to throw it at an angle." I tried that but my rock went plop. Steve chuckled and stood behind me, taking my hand in his, "Here, I'll help." I could feel my heart pump against my ribs, as if it was a caged animal fighting its way out. 'Oh man, I bet that he can hear or feel it...' Considering how his chest was almost pressed up against my back, I wouldn't be surprised if he felt or heard it, it sounded like drums of the war. Steve guided me through the motions and skipped some with me before letting me try on my own. "Hey you okay?" He asked, making me look up at him. "Yeah? Why would you ask that?" I tilted my head to the side slightly. "Because you're all flushed, are you getting sick or something?" 'Oh my gosh I'm blushing and he's seeing it!' The thought of him seeing my flushed face made me blush more, much to my displeasure.

I quickly shook my head, earning a weird look from him. 'Good thing he's clueless about all this. Oh man it'd be so embarrassing if he knew why I was blushing so much.' I probably could have rambled on and on, but he placed his hand on my forehead. This action of his made me blush madly as I looked into his captivating blue eyes and got lost in them. "You're feeling a bit cold." He said, shrugging the jacket that he was wearing off and placing it on me. 'Such a gentleman.' I smiled, pulling the jacket over my shoulders more. "Thank you, I didn't want to bother you. Plus, I don't want you cold." I smiled shyly. "I'm fine with or without it, you need it more. Can't have you freezing, your to beautiful to be frozen." He smiled, and I saw a blush lightly brush his cheeks as he said the last part. 'He thinks I'm beautiful!!!' I gushed as my smile got bigger. "Thank you, haven't met a guy that's been this much of a gentleman since... Uhh well never." I half lied. "Men have changed a lot then I'm guessing." Steve chuckled, skipping some more stones. "You have no idea." I mumbled, smiling as I secretly gazed at him.

The two of us eventually made our way home since we had to eat dinner. "So what's on the menu today?" Steve chuckled as he sat at the kitchen island. "Chicken pot pie and some salad." I answered him as I pulled the ingredients from the fridge. "Chicken pot pie?" Steve raised an eye brow. I dramatically gasped and put a hand on my chest, "You have never had the food of life." Both me and him bursted into a small laughing fit as we joked around a bit. "Hey, you don't mind if I play music do you?" I asked, looking at him over my shoulder. "Nah, I don't mind. Plus I'm curious as to what music interests the modern people are into." He softly chuckled as he washed the vegetables. "Well, I'm not like normal people mister but it's good to explore so suffer at the wrath of my K-pop." I giggled, attempting an evil chuckle at the end. Key word: attempting. "You know, if you were an evil villain I don't think I would be afraid of you. Not with that chuckle." Steve joked, crossing his arms and leaning against the counter. "Ruuuuuuude." I gasped dramatically, doing a hair flip.

I watched as Steve tried to work my iPhone, I was to lazy to wash my hands after I cut the chicken so I had him pick a song. It took him a while, but he got the music playing. "What did you pick?" I asked, looking back at him as I cooked the chicken. "I hit shuffle." He said as he started cutting the vegetables. I giggled when Steve jumped a bit when the song started. "Wow, fantastic baby." I sang along, dancing as I waited for the chicken to be done. I held up the wooden spoon to my mouth as if it was a mic, "Wow, fantastic baby." Steve chuckled at my silliness as he cut the vegetables.

"Music is so weird now a days." Steve said as we sat on the couch, watching the news while we wait for the pie filling to cook. "Eh some are, but it catches on." I shrugged, paying attention to the TV when they covered another murder. "Just like the other night, this victim has two puncture wounds on his neck." The news reporter said as they showed shots of the victims' neck. "Someone's a big vampire fanatic." Steve said as they showed the pictures. "Hey, at least none of them turned into sparkling fairies." I joked, not realizing he didn't get the Twilight reference (AN: I like Twilight, but I'm sorry they are not vampires...). Steve just looked at me with a confused expression, wait, let me rephrase that: he looked at me with a cute confused expression. "That will have to wait until another time." I giggled, standing up and going to the kitchen and checking the filling.

After putting the pie in the oven, I sat back down on the couch next to Steve who was watching 'Family Feud'. The two of us decided to play along since we had nothing else to do.

"This is really good." Steve said as he ate the pot pie. "Told ya you're missing out." I giggled, shoving a chunk of pie into my mouth. "Mhmmmm," I groaned out loud, blushing a bit when Steve looked at me weirdly. "That good huh?" Steve chuckled. I smiled and nodded.

___________________________________________________

:) love ya peeps

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 4.2K 52
When tensions rise after a stressful mission, Tony decides to throw one of his infamous parties in attempt to help the others let loose. What he does...
1.6K 3 48
Mason Perez was born with powers. Not knowing how or why, her powers continue to grow. After a life changing accident Mason vowed to never use her po...
1M 31.1K 27
(Book one) When Anna Smith enrolled in the army, she was best friends with Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers. She left them to follow a dream of becoming...
442K 13.8K 45
Bucky Barnes had found refuge on a small farm in Montana two years ago. It was there that the Winter Soldier seemed to disappear from his mind and B...