New Beginnings

By Bella-234

Isabelle Starr is enjoying her 18th birthday when she spots him. The guy of her dreams. Her prince charming... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue

Chapter 22

25.9K 326 40
By Bella-234

Isabelle’s P.O.V.

It was starting to get dark and with it being winter that meant we had only really been moving for about half an hour. I would guess the time to be around ten to five. We had been on the move constantly, sometimes running full pelt others walking leisurely and we are still to leave this flipping wood. For those people who have never travelled by wolf, and I imagine there are quite a few who haven’t, it is an amazing experience; the wind in your hair, the ground being quickly eaten away by four massive paws and the safety you feel is just amazing.

I’m still riding on Dylan’s back, I had asked him a few times after we had been running for long periods if he wanted a break and said I’d ride on someone else for a while but he just growled and shook his big head, so I stayed put, honestly, I didn’t want to swap wolves I was more than happy travelling with Dylan, and each time I asked I would hold my breath and hope he’d say no.

The silence is deafening. I have no one to talk to and it’s driving me insane, whilst they can all speak to each other, for the duration of this task they have pledged allegiance to Drake who is acting as Alpha meaning they can all talk to each other through a mind link, which leaves me totally out of the loop. Every now and then one of them would chuckle or growl and my curiosity would burn inside me with the need to know what they were talking about. 

The fact that it was getting dark worried me, I don’t know how far we are of the campsite but if it takes us any longer I’d have problems with my tent, even with my eyesight.

Ten minuets later and my bum was going numb. I wriggle around a bit to try and get the feeling back and to get comfortable. A strange noise comes from Dylan below me and the rest of the pack are obviously laughing. He stops suddenly and waits for them to pad off further into the trees and out of sight.

“Dylan what are you doing?” I don’t get a reply but I feel things moving underneath his fur and in fright I fling myself to the ground and fall flat on my face. When I look up again Dylan’s face is once again his own and he is on all fours leaning over me, totally naked. “What was that for, a little warning would be nice. If you wanted me to get off you could have just said.”

“Isabelle do you have any idea what you were doing?” He asks seriously.

“Erm, riding on your back?” I answer stupidly, I have no idea what he’s referring too.

“You weren’t meant to do it literally.” He says exasperated.

“What the hell are you talking about?”

“You, wiggling your bum up and down my back! I’m meant to be concentrating on the task at hand, but with you doing that it’s completely distracting. I’m not going to lie and say I didn’t enjoy it, but the others were starting to pick up on my… feelings and it was getting awkward.”

“I’m… sorry.” I say trying hard to hide my laughter.

“You will be!” He says with an evil glint to his eye. “Now throw me a pair of trousers, we’re near the first camping location and I think I’m going to make you walk the rest of the way.” The reminder that he was in fact naked and also on top of me has me blushing and quickly reaching for my bag.

“I knew I should have swapped wolves.” I sigh, trying to act indifferent to the fact his body is so close to mine. Standing up and turning away so he can have his privacy I continue. “Tomorrow I’m going to try out a different wolf and ride him till he can no longer place one paw in front of the other.” I say winking over my shoulder to add to the overall effect. He growls and pins me quickly but at the same time softly against a tree, he has an arm on either side of me blocking my movements and I have my hands pressed onto his bare chest.

“I’m already worked up thanks to your lap dance do you really want to push me.” He growls quietly in my ear his breath causing goose bumps to spread across my skin. His head drops lower and he kisses the spot below my ear, it is nothing more than a feather light touch but it leaves my skin burning, his head continues to move lower and lower down the side of my neck as he trails kisses, my neck arches and I gasp as he stops at the spot at the hollow of my neck where it connects to my shoulder. It’s the spot where a male would sink in his teeth to claim his female. He runs his teeth along my collar bone and a moan escapes my lips. Then it’s over and he takes a step back and embarrassingly enough I whimper at the sudden distance between us. Staring into his eyes the mischievous, triumphant sparkle has me narrowing my eyes into a death stare.

“You did that on purpose.” I conclude.

“That was payback, maybe next time you wont joke about other guys.” He states, he is trying to be serious but I detect the sudden hoarseness within his voice and can tell that his little display affected him too.

Two can play at this game.

I compose my features and give Dylan my best puppy dog eyes and will the tears to build, I quiver my lip and look into his eyes, taking a step back a tear escapes and trails down my cheek. His face changes from smug to concern in an instant and I have to really control myself so I don’t break character. I take a step away from him.

“You… you used me for you own fun.” I say between sobs. “I thought you were different but… but… you’re just like every other guy. You just want to get in my pants.” I say through my now fast flowing fake tears. He doesn’t seem to know what to do, but takes a step forwards and extends his arms as if to pull me into an embrace but I’m too quick and I turn on my heel and sprint off in the direction the pack have gone. He gains on me quickly but I just plough ahead following my nose and run straight into the arms of a naked Drake, who looks at me and then at Dylan and pushes me behind him.

Neither guy seems happy, Drake because he can see I’ve been crying and Dylan because I’m in close contact with another guy… a naked guy no less.

“What the fuck have you done to her now? I knew her giving you a second chance was a mistake but nobody listens to me.” He says laughing humourlessly.

“I think that might be because you hit her, or have you conveniently forgotten that?” Dylan returns. Okay, I think maybe I have let this go on to long.

“It’s okay Drake.” I reassure him. “I was just messing with him.” I say with a grin and a wink.

“You played me?” Dylan says his jaw dropping open.

“Yep. That’s what you get when you mess with me boy! I don’t recommend it.” I shout in triumph.

“And I fell for it.” He continues, still confused as to what just happened.

Drake relaxes again and laughs along. “Don’t take it too hard Dylan, she’s gotten us all with her crocodile tears at some point. Now Bells if you don’t mind can I have my trousers?”

I look around our camping area and choose a location for my tent. I grab my rucksack and throw my tent bag at Dylan.

“Dylan, pretty please will you set my tent up for me?” I ask in my sweetest tone. He grumbles something about “Women”, “Mood swings” and “can’t be trusted.” But sets to work to a chorus of “whipped” from the other guys. Ignoring them all I throw a pair of trousers in the general direction of Trey and Dom whilst my stomach awakens and growls to life.

“Guy’s what are we doing about food?” I ask.

“Well you and some others, I’m betting lover boy, will stay to start a fire whilst the rest of us go out to catch something.” Responds one of the twins dryly. “Since were have been moving all day we’re all going to eat in human form, with you. I think we deserve a hot meal.” I nod my head.

“So who is in the hunting party?” I ask. The chuckle brothers raise their hand, I can’t help but wonder if they ever do things separately and the thought makes me smile and I have to control myself so I don’t giggle. Trey also raises his hand. Now it’s not that I don’t trust the twins because I do, they were chosen by Cooper and I trust him, but I wasn’t happy about Trey going alone from our group.

“Dylan or Drake one of you guys should go to.”

“Why?” Drake asks.

“Because you guys are in charge, there should be one of you in each group to supervise.” I don’t know how he did it but Dylan had managed to get himself the Beta spot on this mission, meaning he had persuaded Drake to choose him over one of his own.

“Okay fine, Dylan you go with the hunters.”

“No, I’m staying in this group.”

“I’m Alpha here and I make the decisions. Go with the hunters.” Drake’s voice booms around us and ripples with power as he uses his full Alpha tone.

“Fine.” Dylan growls, getting up. Instead of walking to where the group was waiting for him he comes in my direction, his eyes show an emotion I’m not sure I recognise as he stalks towards me.

“What… what are you doing?” I say worried. He clamps one hand on the small of my back and pulls me closer to him, with his other hand he pushes a stray piece of hair away from eyes and strokes my cheek. Leaning forwards his lips connect with mine and I jump slightly as an electric current flares between us and runs around me body, making me very aware of him and my whole body reacts to our closeness and it isn’t hard to figure out he’s feeling it to. His tongue presses for entrance which I all too willingly give him and as he deepens the kiss a moan escapes my throat and my arms snake around his waist to hold him closer. The sound of someone clearing their throat makes Dylan groan and step away.

“Making a point.” He says, answering my question from before as he turns to follow the others. Making a point? What point would that be? As I watch his receding figure I raise my fingers to my lips, which are tingling pleasantly, that was our first kiss and even surrounded by everyone else, I hate to admit it, but it was perfect.

The atmosphere between me, Drake, Eric and Dom is awkward. Drake keeps looking at me like I’ve grown another head and Dom has gone silent. The guys left about 5 minuets ago and we have yet to move. Climbing to my feet I hold my hand out to Eric who had been sat besides me. Pulling him up too I look at the others.

“Okay, they aren’t going to be happy if they get back with an amazing meal and we haven’t moved so here’s the plan; me and Eric over here are going to go in search of firewood and you two are going to set up the area.” Drake cocks an eyebrow at me.

“Who died and put you in charge, I thought I was leader here.”

“Yeah, well, you have yet to lead us. What do you propose we do?”

“I think you and Eric should go get us some firewood and me and Dom will stay here and set up the area.” He says with a grin.

“Couldn’t have put it better myself, oh great leader of mine.” I state with sarcasm lacing my words as I walk in the direction of the trees directly opposite to the side the hunters went off in.

Picking my way through the trees and bushes is proving difficult and I’ve stumbled quiet a few times. Eric never moves too far away from me and our casual banter is a welcome change to the tension of the group and the silence from the day.

“And that’s when I fell over in the middle of the restaurant and literally threw ice cream all over the people sat in the seats around me.” He concluded his story and I burst out laughing.

“You’re joking right?”

“Nope, there had been a wet floor sign that I’d missed and went skidding across the floor.” I giggled some more before lapsing into a comfortable silence,

“So what was that?” He asks.

“What?”

“That display in the clearing… with Dylan.”

I have no idea.” I reply honestly. “Apparently it was to ‘make a point’.” I say using air quotes and imitating Dylan in my best manly voice. “Whatever that means, if he wanted to prove something to me he could have just spoken to me.”

“The point wasn’t for you it was for us and he definitely made it.” I stop and turn to Eric.

“What do you mean? What was the point?”

“Really Bella, you haven’t figured it out?” I shake my head. “It was a show of possession, ownership. A warning to the rest off us.”

“You have got to be kidding me, what does he think you lot are going to do? Jump my bones as soon as he moves out of ear shot. That’s just like him, he wont make a move and at the same times stops everyone else.” I can feel my anger building, the moment that I kept replaying in my head has now been ruined, our first kiss tainted by Dylan’s need to control my life.

“You can’t say you didn’t enjoy it. We could all smell it.” He states.

“Smell what?”

“Your attraction to him, your hormones were in overdrive. None of us could get a response like that off you and Dylan was making sure we all knew it. I wouldn’t be too hard on him though, if you were mine I’d do the same.”

“Awww aren’t you just the sweetest.” I sigh dreamily punching him lightly on the bicep. “I bet you say that too all the she-wolves.”

“Only the really pretty ones.” He says with a wink. I grab a stick off the floor to add to my ever growing pile.

“You are seriously lagging on the wood collection.” I mock, purposely changing the topic.

“We’re only here for one night and I think we have more than enough, I just figured since you haven’t done anything all day I’d let you put in most of the effort. Besides I was trying to drag this out as long as possible.”

“Why’s that?”

“It’s very rare that I can have your full attention without Dylan throwing a hissy fit.

“You know, your mate is out there… somewhere.”

“Yep, but until I find her I can marvel at the likes of girls like you.”

“You really are a smooth talker aren’t you?”

“I try.” I was really starting to like Eric, he was so laid back and easy to talk too, not to mention easy on the eye. “Let’s get back to the group.” He says flinging an arm around my shoulder. We Walk back like that in silence and when we get to the clearing the hunters have returned and aren’t happy that the fire has yet to be set up.

“What have you been doing in the woods for all that time?” One of twins demands.

“We decided we’d have a quickie, and take advantage of the little time we have alone together, only, she was so good I dragged it out, that was not her first time that's for sure.” Eric replies with a shrug of his shoulder as he drops the wood and wraps me in his arms. “Isn’t that right babe?”

“You weren’t so bad yourself, what was that one thing you did that blew my mind.” I say playing along. “Oh yeah, it was when we…” But I’m interrupted as I’m pulled away from Eric violently. “Ouch! That hurt Dylan, what the fuck are you playing at?” I say rubbing at the top of my arm, where I will no doubt get a bruise.

“Me! What about you? Going off into the woods with some random guy! If I find that any of what you just said is true I’m going to rip that part of him off!” Eric pales at the threat.

“Oh yes, Mr high and mighty. Like you have room to talk. Like you have never played with my emotions.” He looks confused so I decide to refresh his memory. “That kiss before. The one that made me rethink everything I have ever thought of you and made me think maybe there was something between us, do you remember it? Well imagine my surprise when I find out it wasn’t a spur of the moment romantic gesture but a warning to the others to stay away from me.” I rant.

“It’s not like that.” He says quietly.

“Bull, what a load of rubbish.” I turn to the others and one by one I fix them with an icy glare. “Is that what you got from it?” I ask them all and one by one they nod their head. “Don’t talk to me Dylan.” And with that I storm to my tent and zip myself inside all the progress we had made today destroyed in an instant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone changed their mind about Eric?  You smashed my target so i wrote you this chapter... i need to get out more :p. I'm gonna shake it up a little 1,350 votes for the next chapter to go up but also i want to attmept to get to 190 comments (with number's based on just ths chapter thats's 19). What can i say im selfish and like reading them. ;). Thanks to fans new and old :).  I'm feeling Dylan's P.O.V, next, im bored of Bella :p. what do you guys think? What you say will decide it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4M 65.8K 12
THIS IS ONLY A SAMPLE. Full story has been published on Amazon Kindle. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09K53J4PQ/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=bitter+kisse...
800K 26.6K 48
A werewolf. A mate. The cliche alpha rejects his mate story. But it's all too real for Charlie. Where can she even go? Her pack pretty much ignores h...
19.3K 491 24
A young girl who lives a not-so-normal life in New York knows something she shouldn't. Will she find her mate, the one true person who can take her a...
14.8K 131 32
ON HOLD, Hailey is a pretty average girl if she says so herself and she is and outcast she has a loving family but no one in the pack likes her unti...