Rose pedals (a Vampire Academ...

By mony1231

This story takes place 2 years after the book Last Sacrifice. It fallows Rose when Robert comes back for reve... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chaptre 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapte 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 30 part2

Chapter 2

1.2K 27 0
By mony1231

Rose point of view:

I hate hospitals. They are cold, loud, and creepy. I have spent most of my senior year in the academy's medical center, and not as a volunteer. After 2 days of being in the hospital, I feel so useless.

Now I can talk a little bit better, but I constantly run out of breath very fast. The guardians now know about Robert. Liss and Adrian asked if they could heal me, but I couldn't let them take that much stress. They already had too much to worry about with my dream problem. They took turns to protect my sleep from that son of a bitch, Robert. Wen Lissa has to attend a royal meeting, Adrian comes and takes her place.
Today I feel better and the guardians are going to interrogate me about Robert.

"Are you sure you can do this, we can wait?" said Dimitri while fixing my pillow. The neck brace that I was wearing was so uncomfortable, but I couldn't say it hurt, because the doctors would give me more medication. I hated the medicines. They took the pain away but made me feel weak and sleepy.

"Y-yes I can do this" my voice was low but full of emotion.

"Ok, but take it slow" he kissed my forehead and then the door open. Abe entered with 2 guardians, and Adrian came behind them.

"Good morning Rose," Abe said while sitting down in the little lounge area of my room. Abe made the doctors take me to the most luxurious room in the hospital. The room had 2 large leader couches, a little table, closet, another table with 3 chairs, and to top it of flat screen tv.

"Good m-morning old man" I winked at Ade. Dimitri just made a little laughing noise, referring to my comment.

"Miss Hathaway should we start with the questions" a tall guy about my age flipped through his clipboard.

"Yes," I said trying to sound tuff
even though I was all beaten up.

"When did this all started," said the guardian.

Time skip

After 1 hour my throat was burning. I answered all the questions about Robert. About how we meet, how I kill Victor, and about the dream. Adrian explained about how spirit dreams work, and how Robert opened my injuries. After the interrogation, they said that Robert would be searched by all guardians and alchemists nearby.

"Rose, do you need anything?" Dimitri came back into my room after the guardians left. He was really concerned with my health, and with my protection. He and Abe insisted on me having and guardian ate all the time. Therefore Eddie and Abe's guardian was outside of my room while Dimitri was inside protecting me. I thought it was ridiculous for a guardian to have a bodyguard, but I don't mind Dimitri benign with me all the time.

"No, thanks," I extended my hand to reach his.

"Rose, I am so happy you are recovering so well. I was so scared when I saw blood coming out of your chest. If you had died I wouldn't -I couldn't live without you, I would have rather hope for this to happen to me before you." Dimitri kissed my forehead and started to stroke my hair.

"I am glad that you're not going through this, it's not a pleasant feeling, comrade. I don't think I would wish this to no one, not even my worst enemy," I was staring straight into his gorgeous dark brown eyes. The eyes that I could recognize anywhere in the world, those eyes that made me fall in love with him. He chuckled at my comment for a second and then became all business in a second.

"Rose you are being released tomorrow morning," he said while getting up. "All the royal counsel members are concerned with your condition, and about Lissa becoming a threat around you. They believe that if Robert used spirit to harm people, Lissa and Adrian can also use it against others. The guardians said that Robert is still out there and that thanks to Tasha's trial you have created enemies in court that will harm you. Therefore, Abe,  Janine, and I have all found the perfect place to keep you safe until they find Robert," he said while pacing around the room.

I was speechless. I wasn't going to be Lissa's guardian? and to top it off, I wasn't going to be close to her? I was furious, I don't want to leave my family, friends, and my job.

"What do you mean I am leaving. I'm Lissa guardian, I can't leave her. How can she ever harm me?" My blood pressure was rising. I was just thinking of Robert harming Lissa, and me not being able to protect her. "I- I can't leave!" I screamed and my heart was racing. About 4 nurses came rushing in, they tried to inject me some more morphine. However, I tried my best to keep them away from me. Dimitri came and restrained my arms. Then the morphine was in and the world went dark.

2 days later

I woke up in a very nice room, it was small but really elegant. I don't have the neck brace anymore and I felt better. I didn't have any IV or monitors, which meant I wasn't in the hospital. I was cold and hungry, but that wasn't my biggest worry at this moment. I got up but fell on the ground making a loud noise. I could feel the movement of the floor, I was dizzy. My legs were asleep, and my tongue was so dry that I couldn't taste my own saliva.

Dimitri came rushing into the room. He came up to me and picked me up, and gently placed me on the bed. My chest wasn't hurting anymore which was a good sign. "Dimitri, I want to see Lissa," I wanted to see if she was ok after healing me.

"She's not here," he whispered looking down ashamed and guilty.

"Was she ok after healing me?" I was worried about her abilities on handling spirit, now that I couldn't help her with the darkness in her.

"Rose, I am sorry but she didn't heal you. She doesn't know where we're going," he sat down in the tiny bed. At this moment, all my thoughts were running wild in my brain. Then, I remember our last conversation. They wanted to separate me from Lissa, from my family. "We are in a jet to Russia and Lissa doesn't know where you are," he was about to come close to me. However, before he could come any closer I slapped him across his face.

I was furious because he brought me here without me knowing. He didn't even flinch at the fact that I slapped him. I got up and by holding on to anything that I could get my hand on, I started to walk to the room's door. Dimitri got up and tried to help me.

"Don't you dare touch me." I felt so dizzy while I made my way towards the doorknob. I opened it and 3 guardians came rushing toward me. One of them was my loving mother Janine Hathaway. She was about to help me up, but I pushed her away. "I don't need your help," she backed away and I finally got to a seat with a window. I opened the window's little curtain and saw the clouds. Shit, we were really in the air, I won't be able to go back to court now.

"Rose, I am very sorry that it had to be like this, but I knew that you wouldn't like to leave if we told you," my mom said while sitting next to me. This reminded me of when I was coming back for the torture house were I decapitated Elena and Isaiah in Spokane. I was so desperate for affection back then that I actually became very close to my mother. Dimitri came and sat in front of me. He still looked ashamed of what he had done. "Rose we have to explain to you what is going to happen when you get off this plane. However, I have to make sure you are listening to me," she switched seats with Dimitri and was now sitting in front of me.

"How am I supposed to listen to you if  I wasn't notified about any of this?" I crossed my arms.

"Rose, please try to understand our reasons, and listen to us," Dimitri touched my shoulder, but I pulled away.

"Well you see Dimitri, I don't really have many choices, just start talking," I turned to the window that was shining with sunlight.

"Ibrahim has already bought a house far away from society in Siberia. You and Dimitri will be staying in the house until further information about Robert. Also, you too will be accompanied by your father's best guardians, guardian William, and guardian Edgar. Do you have any questions?" she said crossing her legs.

I had only one question on my mind, and it was Lissa. "Did Lissa know I was leaving" I turned toward Dimitri. He was trying to calm me down by giving me a tiny smile.

"Rose, we didn't tell anyone. Only the people in this room and Abe know about you leaving. When the nurses injected you with the anesthetic, we waited till the morning to take you to a cabin nearby. I located Sonya Karp so she would charm you a piece of jewelry so that Robert couldn't harm you. She also finished healing your injuries. Then Abe made us disappear by giving all of us fake passports. Since then Lissa has been looking for you." Dimitri said while handed me some papers that had my pictures but a different name. A normal name like Olivia Simmons. I was furious that my own parents and boyfriend did all of this without my permission. They had technically kidnapped me, and we're sending me off to the middle of Russia with Dimitri and 2 strangers.

"I understand that this is for my safety, but I can't get over the fact that you too are not realizing the obvious problem. Moroi always come first, I can't leave Lissa alone. What if Robert comes after her, I have to protect her." I was now on my feet. Touching my promise mark to remember my duties as a dhampir.

"You can protect her by staying away at this moment. She has 15 more guardians at hand, right now you have to worry about yourself. Robert has been seen gathering with a strigoi in New York last night." My mother said while taking out her phone. She entered her password and clicked into the photo app, she showed me Robert with 2 strigoi and 1 human. Apparently, humans were still working with strigoi.

"Put on your seat belt please, we will be landing in about 10 minutes," the pilot said through the intercom. I put on my seat belt and returned my Mom's phone. I leaned my head back thinking about what I was going to do.

The plane started to descend, and the sun turned to gray clouds and snowflakes. There was a green scenery everywhere you turned. It was freezing. I had barely realized that I was wearing a long-sleeve black shirt and some blue sweatpants. The wheels of the plane touched the frozen ground, and we wear finally in Russia.

"Rose, don't try to go back to court. You will only jeopardize Lissa's well being, as well as her place in royal society," she undid her seatbelt and went to the pilot's cabin.

I was already excepting to be told that I wasn't able to go back. However, if something went wrong, I would go over land and sea to get to Lissa.

"Come," Dimitri said taking me out of my thoughts. I was disappointed and furious at him, he was part of this crazy, unreasonable plan. I came up from my seat and walked to the back of the plane to the room where I was sleeping. He opened the door and placed a suitcase on top of the bed. Then he expanded 3 fat jackets that were special for the snow. Also, he pulled out some hiker boots and handed them to me.

"Here, put these on, and pick a jacket. Then come outside, I will wait for you," he walked out with his head down. Then he turned, "Rose, I am sorry, but I don't regret what it did. I prefer you being safe," then he closed the door behind him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.7K 3.4K 28
The Disappearing Act - Book #2 Disappearing wasn't as easy as Rose and Dimitri thought. They spent four years running and tracking down the Strigoi...
7.3K 257 25
After Lissa has been crowned the new queen of the moroi world. Dimitri and Rose try to make their new relationship work. Rose feeling guilty about br...
53.5K 922 12
This book is based off the Vampire Academy Series after Last Sacrifice.This book is more about Dimitri and Rose’s life after Last Sacrifice and is mo...
124K 3.5K 31
Rose has run away, - again - she couldn't handle Dimitri not loving her. Even after she gave everything to him. Her secrets, her heart, and even her...