Hidden Powers ✔️

By _PreciousWords

Before you start reading, I guess you should know that if you're into books that has that ordinary girl who t... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 part 1
Chapter 9 part 2
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37 part 1
Chapter 37 part 2
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
A/N...IMPORTANT!!!
Chapter 41

Chapter 16

195 12 1
By _PreciousWords

Worst. Hangover. Ever.

I groaned into my pillow as my head continued to pounded harder and harder. I just want this dreadful moment to pass on.

"I told you my drinks were strong. I warned you." Robert scolded me.

I turned over to face Robert, who is smirking at me. I turned back over and said, "Go away."

There was a soft knock on my door and Robert went over to open it. Then he and the other person on the other side exchanged words. Finally, I see the all to familiar dark blue eyes looking back at me.

"Hey Henry...." I spoke into my pillow, knowing he didn't even hear me.

I felt the side of my bed dip and someone's hand stroking my hair. I opened on eye to find Henry looking back at me. For a second, I saw something flashed in his eyes but quickly covered it up with a smile.

Just two words I said and sucked all the energy out of me,

"I'm...tired..."

There laid, five still bodies. Not a single of life in this dark cold place. Nothing could break this lifeless, but yet powerful force.

I couldn't do anything to stop from her continuing what she wanted to do. Now she's done it. The cruel lady has actually done it.

Out of nowhere, a wicked, sick, lady's laugh rang through my ears. It became louder and louder, but I couldn't see where or who it's coming from. My eyes flicked from the bodies to the darkness that surrounded me.

As the laugh increased, so did the beating of my heart. It was so loud, my ears could possibly bleed.

Then there was nothing.

Nothing but darkness.

The laughter, gone.

The bodies, gone.

The constant beating of my heart, gone.

"I love you Joy Wright. And don't you forget that. Okay?"

And those were the last words before my eyes snapped open I had to blink a couple of times to know where I am. My eyes scanned my empty room as a wave of dizziness washed over me.

I tried sitting up and carefully even out my breaths. But it was undeniably hard when I'm too busy thinking about the nightmare. Also hearing that bitter laugh continued to ring through my ears.

That's when I got an idea to go visit the library.

.

"T....Te....Tel..." I murmured to myself. My fingers raked along the books as I tried to find a specific one.

Finally my eyes landed on exactly what I wanted.

I quickly pulled out the thick textbook and set it down on a nearby table.

I skimmed the cover and see,

Queen Telma the Terrible.

There wasn't a picture of her but a black background.

I flipped through pages, noticing on the general information, until my eyes spotted something that instantly caught my attention.

A year right before her first child was born, Cathy Wright fights against Queen Telma. Knowing between life or death, Cathy still takes the risk to duel Queen Telma the Terrible. This fight was one of the most tragic fights ever known on Nertronia. After their epic battle, good vs. evil, Cathy eventually destroyed Queen Telma, and restored peace among the fellow beings of Nertronia. But it wasn't long until Cathy went missing and remained till this day. This was a battle no one should ever forget. Below is an image of Cathy Wright and Queen Telma, facing each other.

My eyes went over to the image below to see a woman on the left side, her messed up brown hair, striking golden eyes, and all elements surrounding herself. On the right side, stood another woman, her pale skin was the first thing I noticed. Then her eyes were black as night which is the same all around herself.

I flipped through more pages until my eyes landed on,

Queen Telma's Life Before Battle

Before the battle between the queen herself and Cathy Wright, Queen Telma was a civilized young woman who was proudly the princess of the Air planet. That was until she met a very well known young man named Allen Douglas. They fell in love and got happily married. Several months later, word got out, mentioning Queen Telma is pregnant. This was the same time Cathy Wright became pregnant too. But it wasn't until 10 weeks they found out. Of course everyone thought it was mad for two extremely strong pregnant women to be fighting.

Before the battle has begun, both Queen Telma and Allen had lived in her castle. But once the queen found out about her pregnancy, she became crazy. More towards power hungry only for her child. On the other hand, Cathy Wright was the only one to stop Queen Telma disastrous decisions due the ability to control all elements. But the question still remains unanswered; what ever happened to Allen Douglas?

I abruptly slammed the book closed because I knew I couldn't take anything else in. All this new information has been....too revealing.

I put the book back down and I was determined to continue my research, but taking it slow.

As walking out and back to my room, the same feeling of dizziness fell over me. Then instantly found myself shivering.

But there's no wind blowing by....

I finally opened my door to find Roses fixing up my bed.

"Um, hello." I spoke up.

"Good evening Joy." She gave a short nod.

Evening?

"Well I'm just going back to sleep. I don't feel to good." I said as I fell on to my bed and wrapped my thick blankets around me.

I heard footsteps come closer then felt a warm hand rest on my forehead.

Roses gasped, "Oh my....you're burning. You must fave a fever." She sighed. "Don't worry. I'll be back." With that, she left my room.

After a few minutes of waiting in silence, I heard a cart being pushed into my room.

I slowly sat up to see Roses coming towards me with a tray in her hands, "Here, eat up. It's something that should calm your fever down. But for now, your best medicine is rest. So eat."

"But I'm not hungry." I pushed the tray away.

"Joy, now tell me, what did you eat today?" She asked in a motherly-stern voice.

Going through the events of my day, noting that I didn't eat nothing yet. I looked down in defeat.

"That's what I thought. Now eat." She placed the tray on my lap and pull the cover up. "It's vegetable soup."

Looking at the soup, instantly, my stomach growled.

Not wasting a second, I devoured the soup.

When I finished, Roses took everything away and said, "Now that you've eaten, I need you to take a cold bath. I know you're cold but trust me, it brings your temperature down."

I looked at her unsure for a while because all I want is the warmth from my blankets, not a ice cold bath.

"Come on now, I'll start the water for you." She went inside the bathroom and soon, the sound of water pouring filled my room. "Joy, come and take your bath!" She shouted.

Sighing heavily, I got up from my bed and immediately started shivering and regretting getting up.

I entered to bathroom to see Roses already setting my pajamas on the chair. "I'll be waiting outside for you now. So go take your bath." Then she left.

Taking my clothes off, I walked over to the bathtub and dipped my toe in the water but quickly pulled back because it was freezing.

Finally, I gathered up all my courage and fully went in. I basically screamed the whole time going inside.

Of course I couldn't fall asleep in this cold water so I played with the bubbles inside. Slowly I started to feel both better and numb.

I got out and went over to take my towel and wrap it around me. Then put on the pajamas Roses picked out for me.

I left the bathroom and to see Roses waiting for me and then said, "Good, you've eaten and taken your bath. Now for you to get some rest."

I laid down on my bed and the second my head hits the pillow, I'm out like a light.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 506 41
A Big Four (which is actually basically a mix of every DreamWorks and Disney characters I could find) + the amazing reader + Hazelia (my fictional tw...
61.2K 2.2K 21
I don't deal well when I'm pissed sometimes I'll punch a wall, thats weird isn't? Bad start anyway my parents are abusive and aren't the parents some...
605 20 26
"I was lost in the world, and I couldn't find my way back. I felt like I was on a completely different planet. I felt like I was on Mars, like Mark...
164K 4.1K 17
[Status: Complete!] "LuvAnimeSongs" appears only on Wattpad, Quotev, and FanFiction. To let everyone know if my stories are being stolen without my p...