I'm SHERlocked

By morganageorge

Quinn, fresh from America completly lost in her new country. John, stuck in on-off relationships that never w... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

I'm SHERlocked

4.2K 64 10
By morganageorge

I was sprawled aross my chair which was adjacent to my fireplace. my arms were dangling off the sides accept for on which held a pistol whch I continued to fire at the yellow smiley face I had spray painted on my wall. There was slight movement in the open doorway to my flat followed by a small scream. I dropped my arm down once again, causing it to hit the side of the leather chair.

" Sherlock!" Mrs. Hudson yelled.

" Yes, Mrs.Hudson?" I questioned, still not standing up or loooking towards her.

" I'm going to the market-"

" Thats wonderful would you pick up some milk on yuor way," I said.

" Sherlock, I'm your landlady not your housekeeper,"

" Is that all?" I replied to the line I heard one to many times, letting the annooyance in my voice through.

" No, this is- uh whats your name dear?"

This caused me to look up. I knew from the scream I had heard earlier that it was'nt Mrs. Hudson, but a younger woman maybe early twenties. Not thinking that I was going to be wrong, but rather for the sake of it, my eyes wondered to the open doorway which held Mrs. Hudson and a young woman. Her long brown curly hair billoed around her waist and she wore a black trench coat which ended at her knees just as her black skirt did the same.

" My name is Quinn," she mumbled whlie simutaneously pushing a lock of hair behind her ear which had fallen in her face.

" Oh, thats right! Sorry dear, I'm getting old,"

" Don't be silly Mrs. Hudson," I began, jumping out of my chair and heading into the kitchen to make a pot of tea," You're still young!" I continued sarcastically, throwing my arm in the air making my blue robe move with the sharp motion of my arm.

" As I was saying, I'm headed to the market, and I wanted to introduce you to Quinn. Well, I must go before it starts to rain any harder, play nice...." and with that she left.

" Um, Sherlock was it?" Quinn said breaking the sinlence which I assume became awkward for her.

" Yes?" I answered, putting my black kettle on the stove.

" I was wondering if I could borrow you're phone. Mine's in a box somewhere with my purse and I need to call the movers to tell them what the adress is again."

" JOHN!"

A crash of what I believe to be John's book, that he has been working on for quite some time, hitting the floor was the que of him running into the kitchen," Is everything all r- who is this?"

" Quinn, her name is Quinn she is going to be living in the open flat above us, now for what I called you for-"

" Hello, I'm John," I turned to see him hold out a hand and her shake it in return.

" Quinn, pleasure to meet you,"

" Pleasure is all mine, would you like to come in?"

" Yes, do come in and have tea with us," I interjected. I took the now screeching tea kettle off the stove and put it along with three cups and saucers onto a tray and brought it into the main room where John was sitting a little too close to our new neighbor," If you are done drooling John, she came in to borrow our phone. will you grab it?"

" Sure, where is it?"

" Pocket," I poured tea into the first cup and move onto the second, when I felt John reach into my pocket with a glaring look.

" Here you go," he said handing the phone to her," Why would Mrs. Hudson give come to you to let lend out your phone? You won't even get your phone if its in you're lap,"

" Well John lets look," I began to explain my train of thought that ran through my mind the second Mrs. Hudson entered my flat," She is a young woman who is single and new to London from America, probably a smaller town or the suburbs based on how frazzled she seems to be moving into a flat in the heart of London. I am a single man, handosme to some people I guess you could say and she and I will be living in the same building together so John you tell me why you think she did'nt let her use her phone."

" Uhm how did you-?" Quinn attempted to say being cut off by John.

" Why couldn't she be here for me?"

" I thought she could'nt because she was going to the market," Quinn interjected.

" You have a girlfriend almost every other week and get them mixed up," I stated.

" I do not!" John said as he blushed and took a sip of tea hoping that it would mask the embarssment that was now covering his face.

" Hmmm lets see the only example needed, Christmas party. Need I say more?"

" No," John slumped back in his seat on the couch in defeat.

" How did you know all that about me?" Quinn said, probably thinking that we had forgotten she was in the room.

" Haven't you heard of him?" John questioned sitting up, once again interested in the coversation.

" No, should I?"

" Sherlock, Sherlock Holmes," I introduced myself before I took a sip of tea.

" Okayy...."

" Hes-"

" I'm a consulting detective, John Waston here is my assiastant and blogger."

" Oh, okay, but still."

" You're accent gave off the fact that you are of American decent or at least that you were raised by Americans. Next you are wearing a skirt in London without a form of leg coverings such as leggings which implys that you really didn't anticipate the cold rainy weather that London would bring adn you are clearly stressed out and a bit confused on how you are going to make your way around in a new place. You have no clue where you are, hense the double checking on your adress you gave the movers." I deducted taking another sip of tea.

" But how did you know I don't have a boyfriend?" Quinn asked.

" You only seeemed concerned on finding your phone to tell th emovers where you live not to adress your boyfriend that you have arrived safely in your new country and also it says taht you probably don't have family back in America or that you aren't close to them. Tell me if I'm wrong."

" Wow," She looked down in her lap, turned her head to face Watson, then focus back on me again, " My dad left when I was a little girl. I wasn't very close to him and my mom passed from cancer last year. Both my parents were only children-"

" Like you," Watson stated.

" Very good," I smiled towards him and she contnued.

" Yea, like me, so I didn't have any aunts, uncles, or cousins. When my mom died I decided to start fresh in the country that I admire so much, so thats what I did, but how do you know that I don't have a girlfriend?"

" You aren't the type."

" What do you mean?"

" Everything about not in a hurry to contact your 'boyfriend' applies here. You don't dress like it. One is either very masculine in build and dresses masculine and the other is very femanine."

" Are you saying I'm not femanine?" Quinn said, her soft voice didn't make her come across as angry but there was a slight hint of anger in her voice.

" No, infact you are very femanine, just not in the way a girl with a girlfriend would be. You dress simple and casual-dressy, not super girly. You don't mind to get your hands dirty when you need to but if you can avoid it, you will. Unlike the other who would most likely refuse to do anything, especially house work." I sat back in my chair, setting down my empty tea cup, and watching the amazement cover her face.

" Ok, you've got me. Thats basically me. In every, in every aspect. That is just so amazing! Oh, here's your phone," She said handing it back to me.

I slid it back into my pocket just as Watson propesed his idea," Your flat is probably a mess,"

" Yea, it is. I bet you knew that didn't you?"

Quinn asked turning her attention towards me.

" Yes, I did but then again if anyone heard our conversation they would know to,"

I replied flatly, annoyed that it was common sense.

" Yea, um," Watson shook his head at me and began to speak again," Would you like to stay here tonight and we can help you unpack tomorrow."

" Can I please? Thats so sweet of you!"

" Yea, thats fine right Sherlock,"

" Yes, you can have my bed the sheets were just washed."

" Ok, let me go dig out my pajamas and I'll be right back,"

" Ok,"

John said a bit too excitedly.

" She's just sleeping over for tonight,"

" What? Of course,"

" You're getting excited,"

" No I'm not," he said stubbornly crossing his arms like he always does when he needs to think, " Whatever,"

I flashed a quick smile and twirled myself around to face the back of the couch an attempted to find sleep.

It was probably Midnight and I was lying on the couch staring blankly at the cealing, I keep pushing the thought of yelling at Watson to stop snoring in the back of my mind knowing it would wake up Quinn. Ever since she left the room I can't stop seeing her face in the back of my mind. This is so weird, I'm married to my work yet here I am constantly thinking of Quinn. I just met her what? Four hours ago, I've known Molly for years and don't feel the same way, but I like Quinn. I fancy Quinn. I began to think about this deeply, maybe I fancy her like I fancy tea. Thats how I hope it will go. An hour or so began to pass and my eye lids began to get heavy and the last thought before I fell into a deep sleep was the picture in my mind of the first time I saw her with her black trenchcoat and inapropriate clothes for London, and her long brown locks of curly hair being weighed down by the rain.

Heyyyy!!!!! Sorry that its a bit long. I really REALLY like this so far and just as a disclaimer for the whole book, I don't own Sherlock, the characters or some of the quotes i use! Tahnks for reading. I update pretty much evry Friday and weekends but since its summer i will update more. I hope you liked it and continue to read and spread the word. Thank you and I love you all!!! Xx. Sherlockian OUT

Continue Reading