BLUSH

By soniya_hinduja

Ashley Summers is everything a girl wants to be. She's confident, intelligent, talented and so damn gorgeous... More

CHAPTER ONE
Diary Entry #1
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
Diary Entry #2
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SEVEN
Diary Entry #3
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
Diary Entry #4
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
Diary Entry #5
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
Diary Entry #6
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
Diary Entry #7
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
Diary Entry #8
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
Diary Entry #9
THE END
ANNOUNCEMENT #1
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
ANNOUNCEMENT #2
ANNOUNCEMENT #3

CHAPTER SIX

5.2K 264 21
By soniya_hinduja

I got ready and went down for breakfast. It was Saturday and we didn't have school today so Stacey and I had decided to just hang around a bit and then head at Joey's place before attending a party organised by one of his friends. All in all, today was planned for fun.

"Morning Sarah!" I greeted Sarah as I spotted her by the stairs. She was dusting a flower vase. There were so many like that in the house. No wonder it needed care.

"Very good morning Ashley!" She replied sweetly.

I entered the dining area and was taken aback by what I saw. Mom and Dad sat there having their breakfast. Yeah, Stacey and Sam were also there but I only saw my parents.

And I felt good.

Strange but true.

I went and sat opposite to Stacey. Mom and Dad greeted me with short nods. Seconds later, Jim came in and sat next to me.

We all ate quietly which wouldn't have been the case if my parents weren't here.

"Psst." Stacey called me.

I looked at her, "What?" I whispered.

'Check your phone.' She mouthed.

'I've left it in my room.'

She groaned and handed her phone to Jim asking him to pass it to me. Jim however chose to look at the screen and make a face before handing it to me.

It was a text from Raymond.

Raymond : Hey Stacey, could you ask Ashley to please meet me at the park in an hour? I don't have her number and she isn't replying to my messages on Facebook too. Tell her it's important.

Okay, it took me a while to take that in. Why in the world did he want to meet me?

I returned Stacey her phone -- via Jim.

Stacey looked at my Dad, "Peter," then at my Mom, "Julie, what are your plans for the weekend?" She asked them politely.

"We're leaving for New York in a few hours. Julie desperately wants to see her sister." Dad answered and Mom glared at him – probably for using the word desperate.

Aunt Claire and Mom were really close and they had a soft corner for each other. Their son Zack, my age, is the closest person to me walking on earth.

"Dad, didn't you just return from New York?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Uh, let's say I just came to pick Julie up." He said in an attempt to add humour to the situation. I snorted.

"Ash, I've got work. Hope you understand." Dad added before he got up and left with Mom following him.

Stacey let out a sigh of relief and I sent her a questioning look.

"Now you can easily go to meet Raymond." She said. I noticed Jim leaving without even saying a word. Strange.

Anyway I turned my attention back to Stacey. "You really think I'm going to meet him?"

"No. But I think you should." She came and sat next to me before continuing, "Ashie, he's a sweet guy."

"Okay, I'll go. Before you go all dramatic on me." I rolled my eyes at her.

I decided to walk to the park since it was close by the mansion. While I was wondering what could be that important reason of Raymond wanting to meet me, I made a mental note of telling him about Abigail.

I reached the park and looked around for him. I spotted him in a far corner leaning against a big tree and started walking in his direction. He was wearing a parrot green polo tee shirt over grey jeans. And I must say that colour suited him. It made him look so cute!

"Ashley, are you checking me out again?" Raymond said when he saw me.

I cleared my throat and asked him, "Why did you want to meet me?"

"What's the hurry? Come, sit." He sat down on the grass cross-legged. I followed his actions.

"Look." He said pointing his index finger in front of him.

I saw children playing there. Some making castles out of sand, some on the swings and slides, while the others were running about the entire playground. I looked at their happy joyous faces. They didn't have any worries or any problems. They were enjoying. Living life to their fullest.

I turned to face Raymond and saw him smiling down at me.

"You should smile often."

I nodded. I didn't want a discussion over this again.

"So! I wanted to apologise." He said, now looking serious.

"For what?" I asked him.

"Er, for yesterday." He nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

"I didn't mean to react the way I did. You know holding your arm and pulling you and all. I'm really sorry." He added.

"That's okay. I didn't really mind." I assured him.

"Actually, there's a reason." He stared at me. "And I want you to know it."

"Okay." I nodded gesturing him to continue.

"I hate it when someone says the word 'whatever'. I find it really insulting." He said fiddling with his hands.

"That's all?" This was stupid. Really, really stupid.

"No. There's more. I had a sister, Jennifer. She died two years back. She was just crossing the road on her bicycle when a car collided with her and...."

He sighed and buried his face in his hands.

"She had major injuries in her head and the doctors said that they wouldn't be able to save her. After all this, I was broken. I,.. I couldn't think of anything but her. She was my little angel. Mom passed away giving birth to her. I not only saw her as my sister but I also saw my Mom in her." He breathed heavily. His eyes were shut and he swallowed the pain he was feeling now. I rubbed his back trying to sooth him.

Surprisingly, his breaths came out evenly and he looked at me with watery eyes before continuing, "One day, I was just sitting in my room and Dad came in. He told me that he was moving to New York and asked me if I wanted to come along. It was the day of Jenny's funeral. I was agitated with him for being so insensible and insensitive at the same time. We argued for hours about it. He said Jenny was a careless girl and it was all her fault. That was that. He crossed his limits and so did I. I swore at him for being a disgraceful father. After a while he composed himself and just said a word to me before leaving. He said 'Whatever'. He didn't come back for a few days then. I left that house. I didn't want be in the same space as him."

He relaxed once he was done as if some weight had been lifted off his shoulders.

I didn't know what to say. That was a lot to take in.

We sat quietly for a few minutes. But it wasn't awkward. It was somehow peaceful.

"You're really different Ashley." Raymond said.

"What do you mean?" I smiled at him, wonder clearly showing off on my face.

"I find really easy talking to you. It feels great to be around you. Something I don't feel with anyone else." He pinched my cheek and laughed heartily.

I laughed too.

How did he do it?

Control my emotions along with his own?

He was different too.

I wanted to say it aloud but I couldn't – as usual.

"Hey, that redhead you fancy?"

"Abigail." He interrupted me.

"Yeah. I saw her making out with some lad yesterday. In the car park." I said as I remembered it.

"Must be Brown. Ethan Brown." He looked away.

"I haven't seen him around."

"He's in university. Plus, you haven't been here long."

"Who is he anyway?"

"Abi's boyfriend." He said as if stating something obvious.

"She has a boyfriend? And you still want to hit on her?" I asked ridiculously.

"Yeah. I mean, she's hot!" He said with a smirk.

I shook my head in disbelief.

Boys will be boys.

"You're coming to the party tonight?" I don't know why I asked him that.

"Yep. And you?"

"Well, to be honest, I don't want to. But Stace leaves me no choice." I shrugged my shoulders.

He looked at me amused by my answer.

"Ashley, tell me something. Why do you do this?"

"Do what?" Confusion was written all over my face.

"You know, showing that you're so disinterested in life and upset with everything. While in reality, you want to enjoy every bit of it."

Umm, okay. He has left me speechless.

I couldn't answer that question. I didn't want to.

I needed to get away from him before he read what was written inside of me. Before he heard my unspoken words. Before he understood my silence.

I checked my watch. It had been two hours since we were there.

"We should leave. I have plans." I lied.

"You're lying." He waved his hand in front of his face dramatically and smirked.

What?

Seriously now?

I got up and started walking away. I felt him following me but he didn't try to catch me or stop me.

Could he get any more weird?

I reach the mansion with him still walking behind me.

"What? Are you going to follow me to my room now?" I was annoyed with him.

"You wish." He winked at me and went to the apartment just opposite the mansion and stood at its entrance before turning around so that he was facing me.

"I live here. 3rd floor." He said pointing his thumb upward.

Woah! Surprise, surprise!

I rolled my eyes at him and went inside.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

647K 16.1K 44
Madison Rosales is not your typical 22- year-old. While everyone her age is out graduating college? She's only getting started. While everyone is out...
2.2K 436 27
Meet Alison Steele. She has an average life.A best friend, average popularity and the money every man dreams to have. She has the life every girl dre...
322K 8.8K 68
Scarlett Summers knew exactly what she wanted, she's had her life planned out since she was thirteen years old and getting into Julliard was just the...
5.1K 394 49
Meet Cherry, the girl who really isn't much of a girl to be completely honest. She's nice, cheerful, cheeky in an incredibly childish way, is a looks...