Me is who you did last summer...

By BoyanaNikolova

Fifth Harmony? There is no such a thing anymore. Year after the group official break-up, Camila is the only o... More

Where did the time go?
Is there a chance for us?
Don't assume things next time!
Am I in love with you?
What happened with you?
I have nothing against it.
I'll be your soldier.
The past is coming with full forces.
She is my future.
I love you.
You get what you deserve.
Taking the bullet for you.
I promise.
"Always put you first"
ATTENTION PLEASE

The voice of an angel.

4.3K 111 5
By BoyanaNikolova

Camila's POV.

It was the middle of the night, but I wasn't asleep yet. Instead I sent a quick message to Lauren, because I actually forgot to remind her to take her notebook with the songs there. I forgot at the dinner because I was so enchanted by the girls behavior.

With them, I didn't need to pretend. I was me with them. The silly, much eating Camila, who didn't need to make impressions. I missed this. I missed being normal. Without the girls, I was always told 'Camila, you can't eat much' ; 'Camila, you can't say these things, you have to be serious.' That wasn't the real me and I was sick of it. I need people around me to remind me who I really am and I might know the right person to start with.

Thinking about the green eye beauty was routine of mine. Either if she was engaged in my life or no. I learned she didn't listen to my music, but not because she didn't like. She didn't share the real reason and I didn't push.

Me, on the other side, was obsessed with her voice. Even when I was 'hurt', which turns out not to be true, I was replaying our old songs, where I could hear Lauren's voice. Was that creepy? Yes. Do I care? No.

I know I needed to sleep, so I could be fresh for tomorrow, but closing my eyes was hard enough. Probably was the excitement in me - to be in one studio with Lauren again was low key something I thought wouldn't happen in this life. Finally letting the sleep getting over me.

Hearing the alarm, indicating it was time for me to get up and do my morning routine. Despite brushing my teeth and taking a quick shower, I called the room service and ordered waffles. While I was choosing an outfit, the food came, so I ate while I was choosing, because I was running late. After all, I was going to be on the studio, so I bet on something casual.

Putting the dot dress I loved so much and red headband with a bow on top. I got my favorite white converse with my little purse in hands and went to the elevator. I loved the days, where I didn't need high heels on my feet.

Hearing the sound, indicating I'm on the last floor, I took a deep breath, before exciting the building, being met with flashes instantly. I ignore every person who was screaming, meeting with couple of fans, until I heard the person I was waiting for.

"Shall we, Camila?" she had her car window down, talking a little bit loudly. She was wearing her glasses, but still covered her face with her hand. "Please, be faster and get in the car." I obliged quickly, walking around the car and slipping on the passenger seat. She quickly lifted the windows and blocked the view.

"Well that will be talked about much." I laughed and she joined. "I can see the titles already 'Camila and Lauren seen together again.' or better 'Camren is alive.'" at the mention of our ship name she stopped laughing. "Shit, sorry Lauren, I didn't want to fuck everything up."

She shook her head. "No, no, it's not that." she reassured. "I just haven't heard that name in a long time, saying by one of us." she looked at me. "But now will you tell me the direction?" she laughed.

I adjusted the GPS on my phone and let it guide us while I made a light conversations.

"So, did you get my message." I asked, abruptly turning to her.

She looked at me for a second and returned her eyes on the road again. It was quite lonely at nine in the morning. "Of course, at the time you sent it. I couldn't fall asleep, so I was scrolling down on my Tumblr dashboard." she shrugged. "I assume you didn't sleep much, too?" she laughed and took a left turn.

"Of course you would do that. No, I got like three or four hours of sleep. I'm used to it though. Is that why are you with sunglasses?" I tried to contunie the conversations.

"My eyes are red. It's not because of the lack of sleep, cause I'm used to it too. I don't know what is it, but it's not something to worry." she said before I was even able.

I shook my head while laughing. "You know me very well." Just then, she stopped.

"I do, actually. Now, shall we go and record that song." she smiled cheekily and opened the door.

"Bill, hey." I waved at his direction. His face was so shocked.

"Oh. My. God." he said slowly. "Is that who you are going to record with?" he asked me.

"Yes? Is that okay?" I was nervous.

"This is more than okay, Camila, this is perfect." he retorted.

Lauren was standing there, without knowing what to do, she stretched her hand to greet him

"Hello, I'm.." he cut her.

"Lauren Jauregui. I know." he shook her hand. "It's nice to meet you. Now, let's go to the studio." she smiled. I was stunned. He didn't smile.

"We have Max, the producer here. I hope it's worth it, Camila." he said, when we entered the place.

I took my phone out and searched for the video. "Hear by yourself." When he was playing the song his face didn't show any emotion, compared to the red Lauren who was right beside me.

The video ended and Bill and Max lifted their heads.

"Okay, I totally approve that." Max pointed. "I have a better idea for the music. I won't change it much, just add a little melancholic sound. This thing can win a Grammy." e pointed.

"Did you write it?" Bill's eyes were on Lauren. She just nooded embarrassed. "It's good."

"Okay" I interrupted. "Lauren can you show me the lyrics?" turned to her. She took the paper out of her right pocket. "What is this?" I asked astonished by the look of the paper. It wasn't even a paper, it was a napkin.

"I'm sorry, I wrote the song during a lunch in the university and that was the closest to paper I had." she shrugged.

I, on other hand, was impressed. "You wrote that for like 30 minutes?" I asked.

"More like ten?" her answer sounded as a question.

"Wow." the three of us said in unison.

"Okay." I pointed to the first part of the song. "You will sing this. Then we sing the chorus together, me being the lead voice. The little runs will be yours." I started explaining and all of them was listening. "Then you sing the second part, and being the lead in the chorus, me doing the runs." I lifted my head looking at them. "Let's try how it's gonna sound? If we are able to record that, we will go to the last part?"

They nooded and me and Lauren went to the cabin, putting our headphones on. Before the song stared, I looked at her eyes and they were already looking at me. These green spheres, I was always mesmerized by them. She smiled at me and I retuned the gesture, lifting my thumb up to indicate that we are ready. We broke the contact only when we heard the music starting.

A/N: It's obvious but for people that didn't get it - L(Lauren); C(Camila); L&C(Lauren and Camila together)

The music was averted beautifully

C:

You are to me

A part of me just like anatomy (L: anatomy)

You're pulling me

You're pulling me in like you're gravity (L: gravity)

'Oh gosh, her voice, I can't'

I'm notorious for thinking you're full of beautiful

Instead of hollow (L: hollow)

Sugar on your lips, it's hard to kill

Jagged like a pill, so hard to swallow (L: shallow)

The music stopped. "Okay, that was okay, but can we have this again?" Max asked and we nooded. "And Lauren, a little louder and prolonged, it would be perfect." he made the ok sign and Lauren lifted her thumb in response.

C:

You are to me

A part of me just like anatomy (L: anaatomy)

You're pulling me

You're pulling me in like you're gravity (L: graavity)

I'm notorious for thinking you're full of beautiful

Instead of hollow (L: ho-o-o-llow)

Sugar on your lips, it's hard to kill

Jagged like a pill, so hard to swallow (L: sha-a-a-llow)

Again the music stopped.

"This was actually perfect, we won't need a second time." Max smiled. "Can you guys wait a minute to arrange the music for the whole song, and we will continued. Just a second or two." he started doing some things with the machine in front of him.

I took away one of my headphones and patted Lauren on the shoulder so she could do the same. She got the sign and took off both of them. "I missed your voice." I was painfully honest.

She laughed. "You barely heard it yet, Camz." the nickname made me smile. "But thanks." she smiled

"Okay guys, it's ready. Let's get the chorus. Lauren try to be a deep second voice, yeah?" after she nooded, he turned to me. "Camila, I want you to do it with a higher voice than the first part." he went to press the record again and we heard the music.

C&L:

Am I in love with you? (L: Am I in love with you?)

Or am I in love with the feeling?

Trying to find the truth, trying to find the truth

Sometimes the heart is deceiving

Can't get out of my head, and I need you to save me

If I am delusional then maybe I'm crazy

In love with you, (L: am I in love with you?)

Or am I in love with the feeling?

Again the music abruptly stopped. "Guys, it's like you too have been working together forever."

Lauren went to press the button so we could be heard. "Not exactly forever, but we were part of a girl group before." she chuckled and made laugh, too.

"Oh, so you are one of the Fifth Harmony. Then this won't get a long time to be recorded, then." he laughed. "Back to work. Lauren it's your part, I know your voice is deeper than to the young lady beside you, but let it a note higher than it is originally, yeah?"

'Shit. It was her turn to sing.' I cursed under my breath. 'I'm not ready.'

The music went again, and I saw the girl next to me closing her eyes.

'She is going to feel it, my God.' shaking my head, I tried to concentrate in the task I had.

L:

You give to me (C: you give to me)

Everything, anything that I could dream

And at least that's what it seems (C: what it seems)

Could it be I don't know what's good for me?

We saw Max doing the sign for us to continue, so that's what we did.

I'm notorious for thinking you're full of beautiful

Instead of hollow (C: ho-o-o-llow)

Sugar on your lips, it's hard to kill

Jagged like a pill, so hard to swallow (C: sha-a-a-llow)

We stopped and the music with us. "This sounds so beautiful, girls, I have to live, but you are in good hands with Max here." Bill clapped his hands and left us.

I was thinking about the angel voice of the green eyed beauty next to me, but my thoughts were cut by a voice.

"Okay, may I say your voices are made for each other. The complete so good, I never seen something like that and I work in that industry for a good amount of years." People always say that about me and Lauren. Basically, they say we are made for each others.

I pressed the voice button this time. "May we continue, please?" it came a little harsh than I intended and Lauren cleared her throat. She was doing that when she was annoyed. 'Shit' was all I managed to say.

We started from the chorus, where I was the second voice this time.

C&L"

Am I in love with you? (C: Am I in love with you?)

Or am I in love with the feeling?

Trying to find the truth, trying to find the truth

Sometimes the heart is deceiving

Can't get out of my head, and I need you to save me

If I am delusional then maybe I'm crazy

In love with you, (C: am I in love with you?)

Or am I in love with the feeling?

Her voice was the death of me.

"Well, may I now say that your voice is so angelic." I pointed.

"You talk like you haven't heard it before." she responded

"Oh, I have, and it amaze me every time." my confidence was to the max. I didn't even know from where it was.

"Smooth, Cabello. I'll give you that." her laugh filled my ears and the butterflies in my stomach went wild. Probably I was just hungry. "Can we finish that now, 'cause I'm really hungry."

"Of course, there is always your hunger ruining the moment."

"What? We had a moment?" she sarcastically asked, while putting her nads over the chest.

"You never were the funny one. I see why." I winked at her and this time she gaped more dramatically, pushing me slightly. "Go to work, Jauregui." I rebuked her mockingly and we heard the music again.

"Wait." Max stopped. "We didn't said who will sing what, so let me just say, Camila you will sing, make the last word 'borderline' a little prolonged with a high tone. Lauren, you just sing some runs behind her, yeah? Then the chorus together again. Let's finish this." he clapped his hands and pressed the button.

C:

I'm sinking faster and faster (L: oh oh yeah)

Between heaven and disaster (L: oh oh yeah)

Sorry if I made you feel like (L: oh oh yeah)

I'm standing on the borderline (L: oh oh yeah)

C&L:

Am I in love with you? (C: Am I in love with you?)

Or am I in love with the feeling?

Trying to find the truth, trying to find the truth

Sometimes the heart is deceiving

Can't get out of my head, and I need you to save me

If I am delusional then maybe I'm crazy

In love with you, (L: am I in love with you?)

Or am I in love with the feeling?

We finished in unison.

"That was great ladies, I'll sent you the full version soon enough. Camila I think you have a blow up single." Max pointed

"Single?" Lauren asked shocked.

'Shit, shit, shit.' I closed my eyes and cursed a couple of times.

@[

A/N: I wrote the chapter yesterday after I published Chapter 5. Let's wait to see if Lauren is ready to have a single with the love of her life or no. Sorry for the mistakes if there are any, if you want to read it in Brazilian, go to my reading list. Wait for Spanish version soon too. Love you, thanks for the 500 reads. Follow me on twitter (zauregui97) and instagram (5hslayedme). Much love xx.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 122 26
It's been exactly 5 years since Camila Cabello left fifth harmony and things could not be more glum. After Camila had 2 successful albums in 2 years...
Island By Alone

Fanfiction

41.3K 1.8K 9
An inseparable group, fifth harmony, become torn apart after fame. Rumors, fans, and paparazzi's that are willing to destroy their reputations make t...
184K 4.6K 48
This is a story of what happened to Camila after she left Fifth Harmony. With all 5 of the girls' lives heading into different directions, will Fifth...
2.2K 57 20
Fifth Harmony had everyone amazed at the start when the girls first auditioned as soloists, and fate brought them together. But only two of them had...