Rose pedals (a Vampire Academ...

By mony1231

This story takes place 2 years after the book Last Sacrifice. It fallows Rose when Robert comes back for reve... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chaptre 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapte 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 30 part2

Chapter 1

2.3K 28 4
By mony1231

Rose point of view:

Finally, the royal ball was over. Well almost over, the after-party would have sounded better if it wasn't for the fact that I was completely wasted. I barely could stand in my 2 feet, but this was all Lissa's fault for inviting me to a royal event and giving me 4 tequilas, 2 scotches, 1 margarita, and a fruity drink that was packed with vodka. I was ready to party all night. However, Dimitri would remind me of a massive headache I would have in the morning.

"We should have gone to the party. I would have like to dance with you a little bit more. Come on we can still go back," I said while kissing his cheek. We were walking to royal housing. Which had been our home for a couple of days since our house was being remodeled?

"Rose, your normal self would kill me if I was to let you come close to another drink, or to another dance floor. You are in no condition to be dancing, let alone in public." He was so caring and worried about me. He won't let me do anything that would hurt me. But I didn't really care, I just wanted to go back to the party for a little longer.

"Ok, if we can't go back, can we have just one more dance here?" I asked while extending my arms to him. He responded, and placed his hands on my waist. "When a man loves a woman...," I started singing, and Dimitri started laughing. "Oh Roza," he kissed my hair, and we started moving slowly side to side. "What? Isn't it true? Don't you love me, comrade?" I picked up my face and our eyes met. "Of course, Rose. This man loves his woman," he gave me another passionate kiss on my lips. The time was perfect. The sun was rising, and I could see his handsome features.

As we were moving side to side, I felt pain in my chest. However, I thought it was just because of how drunk I was, so I decided not to alert Dimitri. "So what do you think? Should we go back?" I asked catching my breath.

"Rose are you ok?" he moved a little bit back to see all my features.

"Yeah, it's just my chest," then I lost my balance. Dimitri caught me and laid me on the grass.

"Rose, Rose!" he screamed.

The pain was getting worse and worse with every second. I could feel as if a knife was piercing my skin. Then I saw my hand, it was covered in blood and so was my dress. It felt just as before when Robert used spirit in my dream to put a force field around himself.

I was suffocating, I tried to scream but I couldn't. I could only hear Dimitri screaming. "Rose, Roza look at me! Stay with me!" then he tapped on his guardian hear peace. "Guardian Hathaway, this is Guardian Belikov. I need medical assistance outside of the the the royal housing. Roza, please stay with me!" he took his scarf and pressed it against my opened wound. Black spots were obscuring my vision, and then with my last breath, I whispered. "I will always love you." Then it all went black.

Dimitri's point of view:

I was panicking, my Roza was bleeding to death, and I couldn't do anything. "Rose, Roza! Stay with me!" I pressed my scarf on top of her heart. Then she whispered her last words, "I will always love you" then she went unconscious. Tears were running down my cheeks. "Don't you dare die on me Rose," I cried."Please wake up!" I begged. Her heart was slowing down. She didn't have much time.

"Over there!" The doctors finally came, and so did Abe and Janine. "Rose!" Janine screamed as she and Abe ran as fast as they could to their daughter. "We need to get her to the hospital as soon as possible or she won't make it!" a doctor said while taking out a needle. "Now help me get her on the bed" Abe and two guys helped me pick Rose up gently.

I was about to get inside the ambulance when someone grabbed my shoulder. "Stay away Belikov," Abe said while pulling me back. "I will not let her alone!" I turn towards him. "Calm down. We have to get her to the hospital, and only one can come," the doctor said. "I will go, tell the others, and I will wait for you two there," Janine said just before the ambulance doors closed and she left.

I went to get my car from where the guardian's vehicles were located. As I got on my SUV I slammed the door so hard it was a wonder that it didn't fly off. I was so scared that Rose wouldn't get in time to the hospital. How did this all happen? How did she start to bleed so much without doing anything?

After getting to the court's hospital, I ran to the front counter "Where is Rose Hathaway?" The moroi lady answered. "She is in surgery at this moment. You can wait in the waiting room on the 4th floor. Just take the elevator, then turn right and then left." She gave me a pass. "Thanks."

At last, I found Janine in a chair with her hands on her face. "How is Rose?" I was standing right in front of her. She picked up her face, and I could see her red irritated eyes. I heard footsteps behind me, and she turned and then got up and run to Abe.
"Ibrahim, she was bleeding! They took her into surgery.
They don't think she will make it out alive." Those last words were like knives in my skull. "She may not make it out alive."

After 20 minutes Lisa, Eddie, Christian, Mia, and Adrian, came to the waiting room. Lisa came right in front of me, "What happened? How is she? What has the doctor said?" She asked while tears came down her face. "I don't know, I am sorry Lisa," she went to Christian's side, and then Adrian walked up to me with the most horrifying expression. "What the bloody hell did you do to her?!" he started pushing me back. I could smell alcohol on his breath. "Calm down", said Sydney while asking Eddie to separate Adrian and me. Then the doctor came. "Family members of Rose Hathaway?" The doctor was a moroi man with black hair and looked like he was in his mid-50s. After we all gathered around him, he started talking again. "Miss Hathaway is still in surgery because of her peculiar injury. It looks like someone used some kind of magic to open her up. It's very hard to explain at this moment. However she lost so much blood, and we will need more blood to continue with the surgery." Janine went with the doctor, and then we all sat down.

I was lost in my thoughts of losing the most precious thing in the world, my Roza. Someone came and sat next to me, it was Lisa. "Are you ok?" she said tapping my shoulder. "I am scared of losing her," I put my face in my hands. "I know, I wish I could help, but Rose made me drink my pills in the afternoon. Adrian's aura is not easy to see which means that he can't help until tomorrow, " Lissa smiled at me. "It's ok, I know she will come back to us" Lissa left, and I placed my head back against the wall.

After 3 hours, the doctor came again. "The family members of Rose Hathaway" he reported. We all came again in a circle. "Who is Dimitri?" the doctor looked around. I stepped forward. "She is out of the surgery but not out of danger. She is in the ICU. However, she was mumbling through all the surgery. She would ask for Dimitri and Lissa. One of you can go in but only for 10 minutes". He walked back. "You go," said Lisa while looking at me. "Go, you don't have much time."

As we walked through the hallway, I was glad that she was alive, and that I will be able to see her. "Nurse, give him some scrubs and take him to Miss Hathaway's room", then the doctor left.

The nurse handed me some blue scrubs, and then we headed to her room. The nurse opened her door, "You have 10 minutes, " I walked in and then I saw her. The doctor closed the door, and all that was left was me and Rose.

There was tubes coming out of her mouth and so many bandages on her chest. Her heartbeat was so slow that it was like a straight line. I sat down next to her and grabbed her hand, "Roza, you have to get better, so we can build a life together. Roza, please wake up." She was so pale and so still. The room was quiet for a second. The only thing that I could hear was the machines. Then I heard the smallest whisper, "Love you, comrade." Her heartbeat started to become louder, and I kissed her forehead.

Rose point of view:

I opened my eyes and there, stroking my hair was Dimitri. He once said that he loved my hair. He had said that I shouldn't cut it and that it was better to wear it up.

I was confused, and my chest hurt like a bitch. I had tubes coming out of my mouth. I tried to get up, but I couldn't. All of my body was aching. My eyes were wandering all over the room. "Rose, you are ok, you're safe", then he got up "Nurse!," All the medical team came to examine me. They kicked Dimitri out and started to do their examinations. They injected some liquid in my IV and then left. After 3 minutes, I was out, and into a spirit dream.

I was in the hotel parking lot were I killed Victor. I realized I wasn't injured anymore. Out of nowhere, Robert appeared. Crap, this was a spirit dream made by Robert. "Welcome Rose", he said with a cold voice. "What do you want?", I said looking for something I could use as a weapon. "Well, I just wanted to see if you were still alive." He bowed down, and Victor's body appeared. "You see Rose, you were supposed to die." He touched his brother's hair.

All the pieces were falling in place. My chest opened because of his spirit magic. Instead of heeling me, he opened my chest up. "You son of a...!" I couldn't finish because he was taking the oxygen out of me. "I will make you pay for what you did to him, to my brother." Then, I was pulled out of the dream.

It was Lisa. She pulled me out of that nightmare. "Rose calm down, you're safe," she wiped my tears off. I had barely realized that I was crying. Then, the pain started to go away. Well, at least 25% of it, she was healing me. I took the tubes out and made her stop. "S-stop please, s-stop", I said. She stopped and called the nurse to place the tubes in again.

After 4 hours, Lisa was holding my hand. She was tired. I felt horrible, my chest felt like it was burning. The doctor came into the room with Dimitri. "My queen, you have to rest and go to the feeders room," he placed a hand on her shoulder. "I will stay with her," said Dimitri. "We won't be needing this anymore", the doctor pulled the tubes out. At first, it was hard to breathe, but I did my best to breathe normally. "Don't make her talk, and if something looks wrong, call the nurse", the doctor said as he walked toward the door. I felt all the liquids that were running through my veins. I was half-conscious, but I didn't want to go back to sleep. I tried to speak, but nothing came out. My throat was dry. "Don't try to talk, go to sleep. Rose, you need to rest." Dimitri pulled out a Western novel. The medicine took the best of me, and I fell into a deep sleep.

I entered into a spirit dream, but it wasn't Robert. Instead, it was Adrian that was sitting in a rose garden. I was dressed in a gorgeous blue and black lace dress.

"Little Dhampir," he got up and hugged me. "I have tried to contact you, but you wouldn't go to sleep", he let go of me. " I like your dress, the gold suits you" he winked but I ignored it. "I have something to tell you," I said. "Robert is looking for me, he is the reason why I don't go to sleep. He was the one that used spirit to open my up my wound, and he won't rest until I am dead." At that moment, I was shaking, I was scared that he would harm Lisa or Dimitri.

"Rose calm down, how do you know that he did this?" Adrian asked. We sat down on a stone bench. "He spoke to me in a spirit dream, he wants revenge because I killed Victor. I didn't want to go back to sleep because I knew that he wanted to torture me." I placed my hands on my face.

"Calm down Rose, Lissa and I will make sure that you sleep peacefully. Also, I'll tell Eddie to make sure the guardians look for Robert, and Sydney to alert the alchemist about Robert. You just rest and try to get better," he said. Adrian walked away, and the dream started to fade away. Then, I went to a real dream.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.1K 1.8K 41
After Dimitri tells Rose that his love has faded, Rose doesn't know how to cope with the pain she feels. What measures does she take to make the pain...
50.3K 1.6K 14
WARNING: This contains mature content - proceed at your own risk. You've been warned. Love Fades, Mine Has - those famous four little words ripped Ro...
193K 5.3K 37
*A Vampire Academy AU fanfic* An AU fic that branches away from the main storyline during Shadow Kiss: after the cabin, fight, and cave rescue. Dimit...
5.6K 82 1
Rose and Dimitri are together, openly, while at the academy. But what happened to make that possible? And what happens after they leave the academy...