Because Of You ( on hold )

By frekules

Divorced parents and a deceitful mother, led Penelope to move to her father and sister's beach house. Soon he... More

Copyright & Blurb
uno
dos
tres
Authors Note
NOT AN UPDATE

quatro

96 4 0
By frekules

"What do you think?" Emily paused, looking at her purple painted nails. "Should I change the color?"

I looked at her perfectly painted nails and shook my head. That's how I usually spent my day off, laying around at home and eating Chinese takeouts with Emily.

It has been a month and a half since I moved to Apple Valley, and it also has been a month since I last talked with my mom. I tried calling her but its always busy. Emily and Dad tried and failed to convince me to stop calling. Even though she wasn't there for me most of the time , I felt like I have to talk to her.

"Anyways, you wanna go to the beach? I want to wear the new bikini I got from the boutique you work at." Emily stood up and walked to where the potato chips were and took a handful and walked back to her place.

"If you continue eating like this, I swear the swim suit wont fit." A new voice added. I turned my head and found a tall man with green eyes and black hair. He was also wearing glasses that looked like they were made in the 60's.

"Uncle Robert!" Emily yelled. She stood up and ran to him, hugging him tightly. I looked away, not knowing what to do.

"I have an uncle?" I murmured to myself. "Woah, there are a lot of things that I didn't know of."

"Why is she murmuring to herself like a, what's that word again," He fixed his glasses. "Ah, lunatic."

"Uncle Robert!" Emily hit him on the chest. He deserved it, Ass.

"What? Why did you hit me?" He whined like a two year old. I looked at him my cheeks were already red.

"That's Penny, my sister." Uncle Robert looked at me with a confused look on his face."The one I told you about last time you were here, remember?"

He shook his head no.

"Robert Adam Foster stop being an ass and go hug my daughter." Dad said, holding his spatula. Dad was making his favorite dish, Mac n Cheese for his lunch with his book club partner, Mr. Houston.

Uncle Robert walked to where I was standing and held my hands. He looked at me without talking for a half minute before kissing me on my forehead.

"Hey sweetheart, I was messing around with you just to see how would you react." He smiled at me. I looked at Emily, who has texting on her phone , and gave her the 'help me' look. She sighed and put her phone in her jeans pocket.

"C'mon Penny. We have to get ready for the beach."

*****

"So how do you like Apple Valley so far?" Asked Emily, licking her hazelnut ice cream that we got earlier.

"It's cool," I looked at the family of two that were building a sand castle few meters away. Two girls, a brunette and a blonde. They reminded me of Emily and I, when we we're younger.

Flashback

"Em look!" I pointed at dad, who was currently building a sandcastle.

"Woah, thats so amazing dad!"  She turned to look at out mom. "Mommy look."

Mom was changing Isaac's clothes. He had a white swim shorts that had little airplanes on them. Isaac was playing with the sunscreen lotion bottle that my mom gave him to keep him distracted.

"So what do my two favorite princesses think?" Dad looked at us with a huge grin on his face. He had sunglasses on that hid most of his face.

"Dad, this is amazing!" Shouted Emily. We were currently standing beside the huge sand castle that my dad just built.

"Do you guys want to jump on it now?" He said, in a teasing tone.

"Yeah!"

"No!"

Emily and I yelled at the same time which made my dad laugh.

****

"Penny."

"Penny."

"Dollar!"

Three annoying voices brought be back. I opened my eyes to find Emily , dad and Uncle Robert looking at me with a worried look.

"Sweetheart, are you okay ? Do you want us to go somewhere else ?" Asked my father. I shook my head no and smiled. Emily and Uncle Robert got up and walked to the beach while dad stayed by my side.

"Actually, can I please go and take a look at that shop?" I asked my dad as I pointed at small shop that had surfing boards as a display.

My dad nodded and I got up, wore my shorts over my bikini bottoms and started walking towards it.

' The Beach Shop '  was written with a cursive font on the window of the shop. I pushed the door open and entered. I would be lying if I said this wont be my favorite shop ever in Apple Valley. It was pretty spacious and it literally had everything. Books , vinyl's , video games , you name it. Even their clothing pieces looked awesome!

"Hello," said a guy from behind me. He looked like a typical surfer. Blue eyes, blonde hair and a tanned skin. "I'm Asher."

"Hey," I laughed for no apparent reason. My cheeks turned red from embarrassment. "Sorry for that, I'm Penelope." I said shyly.

Asher laughed a little at my shyness and that made my cheeks turn more red. I bet I would've turned into a tomato if that was possible.

"Asher sweety, I swear to god if you are harassing that poor lady I would kill you." Said another voice from somewhere around the shop. I looked around to find who that person was but I failed miserably.

"That would be my mother, but I don't really know where she is at the moment." We laughed a little. Asher was turning his head sideways , looking for his mother and I took that as a perfect opportunity to check him out.

He had a blue shirt on that said ' I like chicks more than dicks'  which made me giggle internally. Also, he had a badge with his name on.

"You know Dollar you tend to zoom out a lot," Said Uncle Robert out of nowhere. "Also next time when you want to check a guy out, please don't be so obvious." He whispered.

I turned my head to find my dad , uncle Robert and Emily standing behind me with a cheeky grin on their faces. I look back to where Asher was standing and I saw him look at me with a funny look in his eyes.

"I wasn't checking him out," I said, my face reddens."I was reading what is written on his shirt only."

"Oh yeah, birds can fly too." Said uncle Robert sarcastically.

"Actually they can." Said Emily.

"Shut up Em." Replied Uncle Robert grumpily. "You don't have to be smart always."

Dad was shaking his head at the both of them as they continued bickering. Asher cleared his throat and I raised my eyebrow up wondering why he did that.

" I hope you like our shop Penelope," he clapped his hands together. "But I gotta go, my mom needs me up there." He pointed at the roof. With that, he left.

Later that day, after we came back home from the beach, I was checking my Instagram account and I found a friends request from both Asher and Jess, my boss which was a bit weird to me. I accepted both of them and started checking Jess's account out.

All of her pictures consisted of either the food that she was eating or Blush, her store. But there was one picture that made me feel some kind of feeling. A picture of the guy that was outside the store that day, but he was sitting on a couch with his golden retriever and his pair of sunglasses on with Jess sitting next to him with a birthday cake. I looked at the caption and it said,

"Happy Birthday to me favorite nephew ! Ps. I totally made the cake ;)"

The guy looked absolutely gorgeous in that picture even though his sunglasses hid his eyes but whatever. He had a black v- neck shirt on and jeans. His smile was to die for and that made me really question myself why was he so grumpy that day. Grumpiness doesn't suit him.

Well , maybe it did.

Now I really wanted to know more about him, I guess we have to wait till tomorrow to find out.

***

Hello , hello , hello! How are you guys? How's everything?

Long time no see huh?  I'm so sorry for this chapter , I don't really like it that much but I wanted to introduce two characters that are going to have a major role in this story. I also wanted to thank you all for 500+ reads. Wow guys, thanks a lot.

Do you guys like the current cover ? If anyone wants to make a new cover or a banner for this book, please do! Just Direct message me if you have any questions:

Also , if you guys want to talk. I'm always here :)

Do you like the book so far ? And do you want me to make an account somewhere ( Instagram/ twitter/ ask ) where we can talk and you guys ask questions or whatever? I honestly was planning on making an Instagram account where I can answer any questions you guys have , post teasers and even make some contests! Please tell me if you guys want that, anything for you.

Please don't forget to vote and comment on this chapter of you liked it!

This is not edited

Thank you all for your support , i love you.

asma xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 53.8K 34
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
280K 10.7K 44
#1 forcedrelationship- Fri, 24 May (2024) #3 love- Wed, 3 Apr (2024) #1 yanderefanfic- Thu, 8 Feb (2024) #1 insanity- Sun, 28 Jan (2024) #1 obsessed...
383K 9.9K 32
Princess Marie, a renowned troublemaker of Paris has entered the Ton. Marriage, children and any prospect of love have always been a π˜₯𝘦𝘡𝘦𝘴𝘡𝘦𝘧...
131K 5.5K 200
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...