New Beginnings

By Bella-234

Isabelle Starr is enjoying her 18th birthday when she spots him. The guy of her dreams. Her prince charming... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue

Chapter 21

26.4K 299 18
By Bella-234

Isabelle’s P.O.V.

The clock in Alpha Cooper’s office chimed 1:30 p.m.There are thirty minuets until we’re supposed to leave, which is a good thing considering I haven’t seen any of our group yet, if they have gone without me I will kill them! I had gotten here early to see if I could offer my assistance with getting things prepared but I had only managed to find Cooper himself and for the big guy in charge he knew very little about the plan or where anyone was. I would never admit this but secretly I was here so I could prove to the chuckle brothers (my new name for the twins) that I was going to pull my weight. I was originally going to call them Romulus and Remus because as the story goes they were abandoned and found by a she-wolf who took pity on them, I don’t know why I keep linking wolf things into life like that because I know none of the shifters I’ve met so far actually find the references funny. However, I soon changed my mind anyway because the story carries on to say how they also then went on to be the twin founders of Rome and I don’t want to give them the satisfaction of turning the name back on me as a positive not an insult.

I decided to set up camp in the foyer so I could see who came and went. I plonked myself onto an overstuffed leather sofa and plugged my I-pod in. This was my one luxury that I was going to take with me and whether it annoys the guys or not I will be making them stop in any villages we pass to recharge it when it dies. I start to bob my head to Save It For The Bedroom by You Me At Six, this song has such a cheerful beat that I can never help but smile when I listen to it. After a while I was really getting into my music to the point where I slumped down further into the sofa so I could rest my head on the back, I had my eyes shut and I was mouthing along to the words and even jigging a bit from my awkward half lying down position. I had gone through a number of songs from things like McFly’s Star Girl to Muse’s Uprising and had even thrown in some Sinatra. I had just started the chorus to The All American Rejects’ Gives You Hell, when I felt the sofa dip besides me. Great I had a guest. I try to carry on regardless hoping they would maybe go away, I just want a few more minuets to myself, if I could finish this song then I’d be happy.

As soon as I think that I might just be in luck my left headphone is taken away and the real world once again fills my ears and brings me back to reality with a thud.

“The All American Rejects, not bad. I saw you as a Taylor Swift fan myself.” I cock an eyebrow and open one eye to peer at the amused face of Dylan.

“I do have her on here too.” I reply holding my I-pod up in the air. “But she isn’t my favourite by a long shot.”

“Who would your favourite be?” I think for a moment, I hate this question.

“Hmmm, well I have a few. 30 Seconds To Mars, All Time Low. Oh I really love John Barrowman and I’m a huge fan of Michael Bublé.”

“Well that is a rather wide selection.” He says with a grin.

“What about you?”

“Blink 182, Kaiser Chiefs, Muse bands like that and then every now and then I’ll find myself singing along to something by Katy Perry or Rhianna.” I burst out laughing at that mental image. Controlling my laughter I straighten up and swivel round so I am sat cross legged and facing Dylan, he looks very relaxed with one arm flung across the back of the sofa and one on the arm rest whilst his legs are stretched out in front of him. It annoys me that this guy can look good in the most basic of clothing, today he is sporting a pair of denim three quarters, trainers and a plan white t-shirt, such an outfit should not be able to impress a person. Yet here I am, somebody slap some sense into me. His lopsided grin has me mesmerized and it takes all my efforts to look upwards and meet his eyes.

“Have you had a hair cut?” This blurts out of my mouth before I even realise it. I blush a violent shade of red, I shouldn’t let the guy know I take an interest in his appearance.

“Yeah, I went this morning. Don’t you like it?” He says running his hand through his hair. Really it hasn’t changed that dramatically, it still has the same floppiness I love about it, it softens his whole appearance and makes him more approachable. The big difference is his fringe; that is now nowhere near his eyes.

“Are you getting self conscious?” I tease. “It looks fine, although I will miss the fringe, it was cute.” I admit. Then realising what I just said I turn red again and clamp my mouth shut so that nothing else can come out. He seems shocked for a second, like it’s a huge surprise that I could compliment someone, then he quickly composes his features.

“I’m a shifter Isabelle and a Beta. ‘Cute’ isn’t something I’m really aiming for.” He says in a mock angry tone.

“Yeah, well, do something manly and heroic and maybe I’ll upgrade you.” I say quickly getting to my feet. “What time is it?”

“Ten to two. We’re nearly ready to leave. Have you got everything you need?” Another issue I face is that I’m the only one who needs a bag, I have to bring my own clothing and a tent and some other more personal items. The guys on the other hand will be sleeping and living mainly in wolf form. They each have a couple of tops and pants and a pair of shoes, most of which will be in my camping rucksack and I’ll also be in charge of everyone’s credit cards and the physical money, although the twins don’t trust me so are carrying their own. I’m not sure how they are going to do it but it’s not my problem.

“Yep.” I sing popping the ‘p’. “The sooner we get going the better I’ll feel.” I’m annoyed with myself for ruining the casual chat we had going on, for once we were actually having a normal conversation and I found I was actually enjoying myself, well until I spoilt it all. On the plus side I have learnt something new about him, I now know his music preference. Which is a big step up from his name and his pack ranking.

“Are you sure you’re going to be comfortable wearing that?” he asks slowly whilst his eyes travel up my body, which reacts instantly and the butterflies in my stomach go crazy.

“What don’t I look okay?” I say with a teasing pout. Dylan swallows hard which makes me grin.

“You… you look fine, it’s just that we’ll be making up a lot of ground today, we are a while of the first camping spot and you’re in tight jeans.” He rambles.

“You noticed… Perve.” I say with a grin.

“Dylan, don’t discourage the lady. Especially if you have yet to see the view from the back.” I gasp and spin around.

“You are vulgar Eric, do you know that?”

“So, I’ve been told.” He says with a wink, I observe that he has a black eye but don’t mention it, I doubt I really want to know. “You guys ready? The trucks are out front and the twins, plus your Alpha, are getting impatient, we’ve already packed your bag mademoiselle so all that’s left is to pack you.” He says evilly and for a second I just stare at him, then with a speed only a werewolf guy would have I’m slung over his shoulder and carried in the direction of the cars followed by a growling Dylan.

“Put me down you big oaf! I can walk!” I scream through my laughing fit.

“Words hurt Bella!”

“Something else is gonna hurt real soon if I don’t feel the ground beneath my feet!”

“Darn and there was I thinking I was the wind beneath your wings.”

“That was horrible, honestly. Please tell me you have never used that line before or will again.” I say as we walk around to the back of the house where the garage is. Drake is pacing up and down the path whilst everyone else has taken their seat in one of the cars. The guys have been talking about finally getting these cars off road, personally I don’t think we blend in very well in our Porsche cayenne turbo s (at least that is what I am told they are called.) what’s wrong with a Land Rover anyway?

“Will you guys hurry up!” He snarls at us. It’s then that I remember why we are here. I look at Drake, there are bags under his eyes and he’s extremely pale. His mate and my best friend has been taken by someone who we are taught to fear from a young age, the thought sobers me instantly.

“Sorry Drake, were here. Let’s go.” I say jumping into the back of the car the twins aren’t in and settling down into the plush beige leather. Looking at the others in the car I can see I got into the right one. There’s Dom and Drake in the front and Trey and myself in the back. Just because of the sheer size of Trey he takes up the majority of the back seat which stops anyone else from joining us, meaning that the chuckle brothers, Eric and Dylan are in the other car, I sigh in relief, I’m sure Dylan is going to have something to say to Eric and I’m glad I’m not there for it.

As Drake starts the engine I turn my attention to Trey and Dom and question them about everyone back home, mainly about my friends from the pack as I’ve heard the rest from Dad. The journey to our starting point is a long one, we are basically going to be searching across the whole of the Welsh countryside and there is a hell of a lot of it. An hour later we are still driving only now the city has given way to trees, trees and lots more trees. I curl up into a ball and tuck myself into Trey’s side using him as a pillow, I plug my I-pod back into my ears and close my eyes.

“Mhmm, five more minuets.”

“Isabelle.” It’s said in a whisper and the voice makes me feel all warm.

“No, it’s too early.” I mumble as a reply.

“Come on sleeping beauty, we’re here.” The voice says as I feel myself lifted into the air. A breeze whips around me and I shiver and snuggle into the chest offered to me as the sound of a door closing echos. I’m jolted awake as I’m shook like a bag of potatoes.

“Okay, okay I’m awake, no need for violence.” I say opening my eyes.

“You know I would never hurt you.” Dylan says quietly.

“Yeah yeah. Where is everyone?”

“Deeper in the woods changing. The wanted to make sure we didn’t offend your ladylike sensibilities.” He says with a grin.

“I’m sure whatever it is I’ve seen it before.” That wipes the grin of his face. I hop down from his arms and stretch my limbs whilst picking up my rucksack from the floor. I asses my surroundings to find that we are just on the inside of a wood so the cars will stay hidden and I can see the surrounding scenery through the trees, the sky is a constant shade of grey all the way the horizon and then on the ground everything is just green and brown, it’s winter so there aren’t any flowers, instead there is a thick layer of fallen brown leaves covering the ground all around me.

“Come on.” Dylan says gruffly, I’ve put him in a mood. “You’re riding me first.”

“Excuse me?” I say in shock. He raises an eyebrow at me and slowly removes his shirt, his eyes glued to mine. His hands move lower and start unbuttoning his trousers and I divert my eyes embarrassed. I’m not embarrassed because he’s getting undressed I’m embarrassed because of the way it makes me feel. The silence that envelops me has me turning back around and where I expected to see a naked Dylan there is now a very large sandy wolf who is displaying huge grin with his tongue lolling out to one side. I gasp and take a step back. He misinterprets my amazement as fright and he takes a step forward and whines. His wolf is truly stunning, his coat shines and his blue eyes stand out and sparkle against the lightness of his coat. I take a step forward and so does he, we slowly make our way towards each other, me, slowly because I’m in awe, him because he probably thinks he’ll scare me and I’ll go running.

In wolf form his eye level meets mine and I stare into them and raise my hand. I run my fingers through the fur around his ear and he shivers in response to my touch. I take a step back and he licks my hand which makes me giggle and playfully swat at his head.

A howl from within the trees reminds me off where I am and I turn away to pick up Dylan’s discarded clothing and stuff them into my rucksack. When I turn back he his lying on his stomach and moves his head in a way that invites me to climb on. I scramble onto his back and make myself comfortable.

“You have a bony back, do you know that?” I ask only to be rewarded with a growl as he bucks under me and nearly sends me sprawling back to the ground. “Hey, I’m just telling it like it is. Giddy up then.”

He springs back to his feet and I scream at the sudden movement and bury my hands deep into his fur holding on for dear life while tighting my grip on his stomach with my legs. A noise that can only be interpreted as a laugh rumbles from his chest. “You did that on purpose!” I cry as he begins to trot deeper into the woods.

We brake through into a clearing and I’m shocked into silence as six wolves stand before me. I’ve never seen a pack together in wolf form before, even one as small as this. I spot Drake instantly, his is the wolf I am used to and besides he is much larger than the rest, him and Dylan are a good head above them.

Trey and Dom are on either side of Drake and I’m not too sure which is which. One is a dark brown almost black colour whilst the other is a lighter shade and almost looks like he has highlights because there are strips of almost blond running through his fur. “Trey?” I ask, the lighter wolf barks at me and I smile at him then turn to the other one. “Dom then?” he just nods his large head.  I turn my attention to the other side of the clearing, these guys are easier to distinguish. There are two wolves that have tan coloured legs and heads but with brown backs, these two will be the twins and considering I can’t tell them apart as humans I’m not going to bother to try to figure out which is which. This leaves the dark grey wolf. “Eric.” I direct at him and he barks at me and I could have sworn I saw him wink.

I throw my rucksack to the ground and jump of Dylan’s back onto the ground, the drop is further than I thought it would be and I land on my bum with a thud. The twins make a laughing noise but I just flip them off and climb to my feet. I walk over to the pile of clothes and stuff them into my bag. This thing is very quickly getting heavy. I turn back to the guys. “Are we ready then guys?” There is a chorus of barks and howls which I take as an affirmative and Dylan trots back to my side and lowers himself to the ground. “Hey guys, can I swap wolves? This one is abusive.” Eric takes a step forward but Dylan growls threateningly and to my ears it sounds a little possessive like I’m a food item he doesn’t want to share. Eric takes the hint and walks out of the clearing. Sighing I climb onto Dylan and I can’t help but scratch him behind the ear and he growls at me. “Aww you’re soo cute, but your manners could do with some work.” I say like I’m addressing a puppy, he sighs loudly and begins to follow the laughing pack into the woods.

The rescue mission has officially begun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Got any comments on Bella and Dylan's 'moment,? If that is what we can call it. It would be most appreciated! :) There were lots of comments for chapter 20 and they honestly made me smile a fe even made me LOL ;). Thanks for reading, and thanks for voting and fanning. I want to aim for 1,290 ish votes for the next upload. Thats about 45 for the chapter. ;) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 122 40
Zoe cambridge is a 19 year old girl who moves to a new town , she always wanted to go to a school called regwood high .she doesnt know she will be li...
869K 32.5K 35
[COMPLETED] After Red found her mate, she was ecstatic, finally she gets to feel that love told only in stories, however everything quickly goes down...
3.2M 91.9K 29
{Completed} Jessie Brown once had a normal life, a normal family, friends and a pack. But a hurricane swept over her life and completely turned every...
800K 21.8K 38
Allie Dawson is in a family that is very important to her pack. Her parents were in charge before stepping down and passing on the responsibility to...