The Million Dollar Girl

By smreetee

~Choose wisely for you can only choose once~ She had it all. Money, beauty, intelligence everything. He... More

The Million Dollar Girl
Chapter 1-The Beginning
Chapter 2- Can it get worse?
Chapter 3-Last day at London
Chapter-4 Flying to New York
Chapter 5- First day at high school
Chapter 6- Worst Day Ever
Chapter 7- It's getting better
Chapter-8 Getting not-so-popular
Chapter 9 - Confused Candice... or me?
Chapter 10 - Attractions and misunderstandings
Chapter 11 - Oops!
Chapter 12 - Jully or nah?
Author's note
Chapter 14 - "Because that's when-"
Chapter 15 - "I'll see you soon then"
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 - "Your life is a freaking fairy tale"
Chapter 18 - "You are staring at a girl, Nathan Hale"
Chapter 19 - "You are my half - girlfriend"
Chapter 20 - "I am sorry if I hurt you Ally"
Chapter 21 - "Finally we are stepping in for the ball"
Chapter 22 - "I'll be by your side, forever"
Chapter 23 - "It was a mistake"
Chapter 24 - Goodbye Nathan
Chapter 25 - "It's not like you don't hurt me"
Chapter 26 - You have my heart
Chapter 27 - "You are always pretty"
Author's Note
Chapter 28 - "Nathan freaking Hale is back!"
Chapter 29 - Nothing lasts forever
Chapter 30 - Make the choice Ally, its time
Author's Note - Meet Ally Ricosta
Chapter 31 - Tomorrow, I'll be making my choice
Chapter 32 - You're so dead, Mr. Evans
Chapter 33 - "You didn't ever trust me"
Chapter 34 - "I've fallen for you, Nathan"
Chapter - 35 "You don't want me anymore"
Chapter 36 - "Hey there, Ms. Pretty Eyes"
Chapter 37 - "Will you be mine?"
Chapter 38 - "Am I forgiven?"
Chapter 39 - "Am I going to regret this?"
Chapter 40 - "You are the piece of me, I wish I didn't need"
Chapter 41 - "He is all that matters to me"
Chapter 42 - Hopes are what we live on
Chapter 43 - "I'm never coming back to you"
Chapter 44 - The End
BONUS CHAPTER!!
Epilogue
THE SEQUEL IS HERE!!!

Chapter 13 - This is getting gooood

5.3K 214 4
By smreetee

Ally :

After having a nice bath, I changed into my VS pyjamas and picked a book from the thousands of novels stacked on my shelf. I laid down on my bed , flat on my back with my legs crossed.

I had just completed the first page when my phone beeped.

Hey!
-Nathan

Oh my God! Nathan Hale! Oh my God! My heartbeat speeds up like I've just ran up a mile. I didn't really expect him to even remember he had my number. I don't know what rushed through me when I asked for his number. Maybe the thought that we would never get to talk again made me do that. Why would I think that though? Okay Ally. Thoughts aside. Reply back.

Hey!
-A

What you doin?
-N

Nothing much. Just chilling.
-A

And what exactly is your idea of chilling?
-N

Reading a book.
-A

Wow! I thought you said you were chilling. That's not chilling. That's roasting!
-N

I start laughing.

LOL. It isn't for me.
-A

That's because you haven't tried playing football for 'just chilling' yet.
-N

Umm yeah I haven't. But I bet its nothing compared to reading a book.
-A

Just then my phone starts ringing. Mom! I immediately pick it up. We talk for hours and hours and I almost forgot about the chat with Nathan. I have to hang up now.

"Yeah that's totally cool," I reply to something mom said. I have to hang up now. "Hey mom can we talk later? I've got homework to do."

"Sure honey! Work first. Oh I totally forgot why I called you in the first place. Dad will be mailing you the accounts of the past three months. He wants you to sort it out and make a balance sheet."

"Yeah sure! When will he be sending it?"

"He must have already sent it by now. Oh my God you should really start with it. We've been talking for some good two hours already."

"Oh yes. I'll call you later. Bye."

"Bye sweetie. Take care. Love you."

"Yeah I will. Love you too."

I immediately open my Mac air and download all my emails. Dad had mailed me the accounts. God it felt so tiring now. I'd do it tomorrow.

I check my phone. There were 2 messages from Nathan.

Trust me. You'd forget reading once you are on the field. Hey if you ever feel like playing you can always tell me you know.
-N

Are you busy? Or have you started practicing football from right about now?
-N

I was about to text my reply when my door flies open and in comes my very excited Aunt with her gown sweeping the floor like always.

"Ally! Guess what?!"

"What?" I say nonchalantly.

"Derry just called up. Its her son's 18 birthday and she's hosting a party tonight. She wants me to join her and asked me to bring you along as well. Let me tell you John is hot!"

But the name definitely wasn't. Like John? He sounds like my dad.

"Who is John? The birthday boy?"

"Yes yes. Get ready quickly. We'll be leaving in about an hour. And dress nicely. Mrs. Hedge is going to be there as well you see." And why would I bother with any Mrs. Hedge?

"Okay" I say pursing my lips.

"Alright I'll start getting ready. You do the same."

She left the room without waiting for my reply. I threw the phone on my bed and looked for something to wear in my walk-in-closet. God I didn't have enough clothes. I think I should settle for a pair of jeans. Nah. I can't do that. Aunt had told me to dress nicely because some lady was going to be there. If it is for the image of the Hailey's, I am not going to let them down. I pick up a red dress which ended well above my knees. After doing my makeup, I put on my heels, pick up my pink handbag and head downstairs.

I knock on my aunt's room.

"Come in"

She had still not picked up her dress.

"You look beautiful! John is going to go crazy after looking at you."

I just roll my eyes.

"What? Do I need to remind you how badly you lack romance in your life?" She starts saying.

"I am only seventeen! I think everyone of my age lacks 'romance' in their life."

"Yeah? Go ask girls of your age."

"Anyways, I am leaving. You explain the address to Max. I'll just grab a quick snack."

"Wait. You are leaving? For going where?"

"I thought you said its a birthday party. So I guess we must get a gift right?"

She let out a laugh.

"You're such a child Ally. If you want go ahead. And get a nice one."

I headed to the kitchen and grab some biscuits. When I come out, I see Max getting the car ready.

"You've explained it to him?"

"Yeah I did. Be there on time. Bye."

"See you soon! Bye."

I head outside where Max stands with the door open for me with a smile. I nod and get in. He starts the car.

"I'm sorry for earlier this day, Miss Ally."

"Oh that's fine. I got to spend some time with my friends."

"Sorry. I'll make sure it doesn't happen again."

"Hmm. Hey do you know a decent gift store around here?"

"Yeah I do. If you don't mind, I can take you to the place from where I get gifts for my kids. Not a top class store but good enough. If you want to go, that is."

"Yeah sure. I don't mind. What is it called?"

"The Mason's."

And so we head towards The Mason's.

------------------------

We soon reached there. Max parked the car and got outside to open the door for me. I stepped out and started towards it.

Max quickly ran ahead of me and held the store's door for me. I went in. To my right was the counter but there wasn't anyone in there. I walked ahead and took a left. Various kinds of toys were arranged on the shelves labeled 2-10. They seemed pretty cute. I was about to hold one when a familiar voice spoke from behind me.

"How may I help you?" I had heard that voice before.

"I am looking for-" I turned around and saw who that voice belonged to.

Nathan Hale.

This had to be the best day of my life. My heart started beating like it had run a mile - again I know. I felt butterflies in my stomach. A very handsome Nathan Hale in a black shirt with Mason's written over it stood in front of me.

A smile immediately found its way on his face. Maybe mine as well.

"Hey!" I said. I don't know from where I gathered that courage, but I just did.

"Couldn't resist me? It's alright that you couldn't reply. Seriously. You don't have to come here to apologize." He said half smiling.

"My manners teach me otherwise." I replied.

"Good." He said. I saw Max approaching us. Maybe Nathan saw me looking at him because he seemed to turn around, following my gaze.

"Come, Miss. I'll suggest you something."

"Oh I got this." Nathan said to Max, surprising me.

Max looked at me as if to ask for permission. I nodded.

"Okay. I'll be in the car then." He tipped his hat a little and went off.

Nathan looked at me like he was confused.

"Your chauffeur?"

I just smiled remembering earlier of the day with Jule.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing. So .. You work here?"

"No. I don't. But I just had this dream that you were gonna come here so to just see you .."

Before he could complete, I rolled my eyes and turned around.

"What?" He asked from behind me.

"Nothing." I replied and started walking towards the shelf marked 11-18. I still kept walking but I could not find a shelf for people aged 18 and above.

"You do know I work here right?"

"Just a new discovery." I reply. Still not turning to face him. Because I feared my nervousness would get too visible.

"You also know that I am paid for this job, don't you?"

"You are? I didn't know that." I comment sarcastically holding back a laugh. Still continuing to walk through the rows of shelves.

"As a matter of fact, I am. You must also be aware, I guess, that they just wouldn't pay me to sit around?"

Where is this guy taking this conversation to?

"Yes." I reply plainly, while checking out a cute soft toy.

"So Miss Ally, would you please tell me what are you looking for so that I may be of some help. You see I am hired here and I happen to know just a tad bit more than you about this place."

I smiled to myself. Keeping the toy back on the shelf, I turned around.

"Yeah. Yeah right. I might as well give you the honour of serving me" I half smiled as I spoke and he bowed down.

"What do you wish for, mademoiselle?" He asked bowing down his head again.

"Just a pretty decent gift for a boy who turns eighteen tonight." I said faking a British accent.

"I've just got the perfect one!" He replied in British accent as well. And boy he did it better than me. "Right here."

He started walking and I followed behind him. I saw two other boys with the same uniform waving at him.

He led me to the shelves marked 18 and above. There were so many things on the shelf, I was really unable to pick one.

"Suggestions?" He asked smiling as if he was enjoying an inside joke.

"Yes please!" I replied not minding his attitude because I knew I was running late now.

He picked up a perfume bottle, sprayed gold colour with little rose creepers embarked on the side. Wasn't that too girlish?

I guess he read my thoughts because he asked me to smell it. And when I did, boy it was the strongest scent I've ever smelled. Hmm, it wasn't so girlish maybe. I gave him a cocky nod.

"Would like to see something else?"

"No no. This is good enough. Wrap it up!"

He took it to the counter and all did all the wrapping stuff and I paid for it. He held the door for me. I started out.

"Hey Ally?"

"Yeah?" I turned around.

"Do you think you'd be up for a football game anytime soon?"

"What like playing on the team?"

"No. Just you and - and me?" I looked at him confusingly. "And of course your friends and my friends and anyone who'd love to join. Just a fun game." He added reluctantly.

I let out a laugh.

"I'll think about it."

I laughed and started walking down the steps.

"Ally?" He called again. I turned around.

"Yeah?"

"Nothing." He said with a smile.

I smiled back and Max was back with the car. He opened the door. I had almost ducked in to sit in the car when I climbed out back again and rested my hand on the door.

I saw him going back in.

"Nathan?" He turned back swiftly.

"Yeah?"

"See you soon then?" I asked with a smile creeping up on my face.

"I'll see you soon then." He replied with a grin.

He went back inside and we drove off.
--------------------
The party had been like I'd expected it to be. Women, talking about how very successful their husbands were, men talking about the great deals they had managed to close and people of my age, blabbering about their latest Louis Vitton purchases.

It felt good to attend that. Felt like home again. After returning, I worked a little on that accounts dad had asked to do and dozed off to sleep. Of course, I was too eager for it to be morning already!

----------------------------------
Author- New friendships building up. Did you guys like it?

Jule - Honestly? No.

Nathan - Suck it up, sucker! They enjoyed it I bet!

Angelina - Excuse me? Do I have anything to play in this novel?

Ally - Of course you do! Who'd be the bitch then?

Author - Uh oh. Its getting quite hot in here. So let's wrap up the scene.

Candice - Yeah. Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! Please don't forget to vote and comment! Bbye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

424K 13.5K 43
previously titled 'mine' He let out what sounded like a growl of pleasure before he continued to rub his fur against me. Warm tears fell down my chee...
299K 8.3K 33
The more you hate the more you love.
1M 55.6K 35
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
1.9M 56.1K 112
Jessica Hope was an ordinary innocent girl with an ordinary life . When she decides to work at the Anderson company . She runs into the most powerful...