A Fallen Angel

By Soulshifter2love

As angels look down to the worlds below them, they have to abide by the rules set out by the higher circles o... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The slave-house
Chapter 2 - A new home
Chapter 3 - Speaking is silver, silence is a curse
Chapter 4 - Discoveries
Chapter 5 - The truth behind the lies
Chapter 6 - Hiding a secret
Chapter 7 - Picking your charge
Chapter 8 - The fine line between Heaven and Hell
Chapter 9 - Spilling your secret
Chapter 10 - What now?
Chapter 11 - Bring me to life
Chapter 12 - Unexpected visitor
Chapter 14 - "You're changing..."
Chapter 15 - Too little, too late
Chapter 16 - Search and Destroy

Chapter 13 - Demons and their spawn

8.6K 517 68
By Soulshifter2love

---Leviathan’s POV---

The drink burned its way through my throat as I tipped the glass all the way up, gulping the glass down without breathing. I sighed as the last drip slipped out of my glass before I promptly sat it down again, feeling nothing of the buzz it would provide to a human.

I had been this way ever since I met that woman…Caitlin. When we had ventured out to Dayomir, I hadn’t counted on feeling a pull towards one of the vampire mansions spread through its land. It had been as soon as we stepped out of the marshes that a familiar tingle had rushed down my spine.

“Ugh, being cursed with Envy…”I glared at the empty glass, annoyed that it didn’t help me by keeping my mind of those constantly returning thoughts. I knew the moment I laid eyes on her that she was special and I envied Ethan for having such a fine Angel specimen under his wing.

He didn’t seem to know it back then, but I imagined by now that she had revealed herself to them. She must still be there, since I still felt that overwhelming pull each waking moment of the day. It was temping me dangerously close to the point where I would simply breach Ethan’s defenses and steal her from his house.

I sat back in my seat, brushing a hand over my face before looking around my room. It was spacious, showing the world that I had enough wealth to last me several lifetimes over and over again.

A fissure of power spread through the room, making me tilt an eyebrow upwards as one of my brothers appeared in the center of the room. Mammon stood still and looked around, making me roll my eyes slightly as I conjured up another full glass and lifted my feet up to rest on the top of the bar.

He turned his head in my direction, the signature grin sliding over his face as he stepped further into the room, his boots thumping on the marble floors. “Levi, such a pleasure to see you again my brother.”

I merely stared at him over the edge of my glass before snorting as I took another sip, this time of a well-aged bottle of wine. “Cut the crap Mammon and stop acting like you’re here on my account. You know something don’t you?” I asked, though my question ended more on a statement.

Mammon tsked, shaking his head in a mocking way while his green eyes flared slightly, showing me that I was spot on. He moved closer and smirked, stealing my glass right from under my nose before he took a sip whilst casually walking around as if he owned the place.

“I might have heard something, yes…” he stated slowly, raising an eyebrow as I glared at him before flicking my wrist, conjuring a second glass for myself and sipped from it as well. Mammon chuckled and sat down on a seat, throwing his legs over the side while he shook his black hair out, playing with the wine in the glass.

“Well, if one of your demons didn’t speak out, I suspect our brothers wouldn’t know about a pure angel living so close to home. Most of them are foaming, chomping at the bit to catch her.” Mammon shot me a look over his glass before his green eyes darted towards the fireplace, where another form appeared out of nothing.

“Don’t they understand that you’ve already lost one of your demons? What are they gonna do? Ask her to politely come to the deepest circles of hell?” The man in the seat asked, his brown hair disheveled and the telltale signs of a growing beard contrasting sharply with his tanned skin.

Mammon snorted, opening his arms wide. “I don’t know what you’re thinking, Beelzebub, but most of our spawn aren’t exactly the brightest of the bunch. Not everyone get’s my degree of brilliance.”

I turned my face and shared a dull look with Beelzebub before barking out in a laugh while our elder brother simply sighed. “Unlike you, I’m thinking of every possibility and I know more than your little brain can even imagine. Gluttony, remember mate?”

Mammon scowled but it turned into a grin in the blink of an eye, almost disturbingly fast. “Yeah, that’s why you became an actor in the human world, right? Become several characters, play different roles, get to know more secrets…”

Beelzebub’s brown eyes shot up and he smiled wickedly, tapping his nose. “All guesses, brother of mine. But I know for a fact you simply did the same for the glory and money that came with it.”

“Don’t forget the women.” I snorted in disgust, gaining everyone’s attention as they looked up at my outburst. Mammon smiled maddeningly, brushing his black hair out of his face with a smirk.

“Do I detect a hint of Envy?” He teased, voice dripping with sarcasm as I scowled at him, shattering the glass in my hands. Yes, I was the Demon prince of Envy, like my brothers cursed to be attracted to a single emotion. Beelzebub had found a way around it though, and judging by the way he was staring intently at me, he was silently conveying me to remember what he said.

Ever since we were cast out along with our two elder brothers, Lucifer and Satan, all of us had been running our own section of Hell we managed to concur. We weren’t doomed to ‘feed’ on a particular emotion but us being cast out had some…repercussions.

Either way, Beelzebub had been called gluttonous by Him, since he had always wanted more than he actually needed, indulged in everything. Beelzebub had simply turned His words around and had told all of us that we made our own destiny before he disappeared from the face of the world.

I calmed down again, slowly though because Mammon was grinning widely in my face, staring challengingly at me. Beelzebub stood up from his seat, tugging at the bandana that pried from under his hair before his fingers trailed down a set of beads hanging over his ear.

“The angel will undoubtedly lure everyone out of Hell.” He stated knowingly, eyes looking uninterested at my house before he looked back at us. “Some have even taken the first steps to abduct her.”

I shot up in my seat, noticing that Mammon tensed as well before he slowly turned around. “Our brothers are really foolish enough to go after an Angel? I know that we don’t have a say over the true demons of Hell but…”

My nails tapped on the marble of the kitchen counter, thoughts running wildly in every direction. Who was dumb enough to go after an Angel, especially a pure one? I haven’t seen her wings yet but I didn’t have a doubt in my mind that Caitlin was still pure; a true Fallen Angel had a certain flair around them, a heavy hint of sin.

Beelzebub nodded, showing that he had read my thoughts, though his eyes were heavy with worry. “Yes, she is, though I have several clues that she has been cast out. But more importantly-“

A flash in the middle of the room interrupted him from continuing as we watched Belphegor being dragged into the room, by none other than Satan. Everyone perked up slightly at the presence of the twin that had rebelled against our oldest brother, mostly referred to as Him.

“We have a problem.” Belphegor drawled slowly, almost as if he was falling asleep or completely bored with all this. Satan rolled his eyes when a smaller, more discreet flash lid up the room and his son appeared.

Without any further drama, he simply stated, “Demons have infiltrated the mansion of Ethan Moore and are monitoring every movement there. Your demons might have blabbed over the presence of an Angel, but they were loyal enough not to mention her identity.”

I frowned, standing up while the others all shared the same confused looks on their faces. “Who?” I snarled, fisting my hands tightly in annoyance that one of our siblings really was that stupid.

“Asmodeus.” Satan drawled with an exhausted sigh while his son, Eric, stepped back to rest his back against the wall. Mammon scowled while I smirked at his frown; he and Asmodeus disliked each other to the point of hatred, since Asmodeus was the Demon-Prince of Lust, which was the reason why both male and female drooled over him wherever he went.

Mammon, being his usual greedy self, wanted those people to follow him and only him. It only amused me how they were so envious of each other. Shaking my head, I got back to the current topic and sighed deeply, trying to figure a way out to stop Ash.

Beelzebub shook his head slightly, fingering the stubble on his jaws. “Its already too late to stop him brother; he has Ethan completely in his power by sending his former mate there.”

“Deidra? That’s a low blow.” I murmured while Satan scoffed under his breath, earning a glare from Eric as Mammon slouched down in his seat, sipping from his drink. He sighed in content, licking his lips before he placed his boots on the table as if he owned the place.

“So…” Mammon cleared his throat before leaning back and closing his eyes with a pensive expression on his face. “The angel’s location is know throughout all of Hell, they only don’t know who she is. Our lovely little brother has taken the first steps in an attempt to find her and bring her to him by torturing the poor vampire with his former mate.”

Everyone blinked, waiting where he was going with this before he looked at Beelzebub. “Correct me if I’m wrong but I detected a surge of power in Ethan’s domain, so I’m assuming the Angel has cast out a protection over his lands. Give her a day or two and Ash will be forced to leave Ethan’s lands, since he can’t touch anything under Angelic protection.”

Satan smiled at that, nodding his head but I stayed silent, frowning as I stepped towards the windows and stared outside. I heard Mammon sigh before he called out, irritating me slightly.

“What’s got your panties in a twist Levi? Beelzebub agreed with me; she’ll manage on her own and the whole property is secured. We don’t need to lift a finger at all.” I rolled my eyes and shot him a cold glare over my shoulder, shaking my head.

“And obviously you’ll think that Asmodeus will leave it at that. You’re acting just as dumb as you believe him to be.” I stated, smirking when Mammon bristled at my barely hidden insult.

“What do you mean Leviathan?” I turned at the heavier, deeper voice of Satan and stared directly at my older brother as I leaned against the window, folding my arms in front of my chest.

“Asmodeus will realize his control over Ethan is slipping, so he’ll use whatever control he still has to play in his chards. The angel is pushing him off Ethan’s lands? Than he’ll make sure he’s pulling her with him. As soon as she steps one single toe of Ethan’s property, she’ll be an easy target for all the demons out there.”

Their expressions turned grief as they processed this bit of information before they realized that what I said was true. I sighed deeply, rubbing a hand over my face before dropping it again.

“There’s nothing we can do though; no doubt Asmodeus has ordered his minions to guard the borders of Ethan’s lands so no-one else captures the Angel so we can’t get to her before he has her in his hands.”

Mammon groaned when the silence grew even more before he stood up, his cloak fluttering behind him. “Fine, I’ll see what I can dig up and I’ll try to keep some spies out of Ash’s reach. No doubt that sniveling bastard is waiting for us to have ago at the angel.” He snapped before disappearing in a burst of green flames.

I rolled my eyes at his exclamation and turned towards the others, noticing that Belphegor hasn’t said anything at all. He slowly raised his eyes to pin mine, the drab brown disks hiding behind his hooded eyes before he too rolled them and sighed.

“I don’t know anything of this situation and I’m not going to bother myself to try and understand it. I’m off.” Satan made a small, disgusted sound as another sibling disappeared before I stepped forwards and sat in the lounge seat, staring pointedly at our other siblings.

Finally, I simply stated, “We need to keep an eye on our spawn so they won’t attempt anything on their own. Let’s just hope those idiots don’t interfere with this as well otherwise the Angels’ Wrath will surely come after whoever created them.”

They nodded, the tension filling the air was almost suffocation before they disappeared one by one, leaving me alone again to brood. I sighed and shook my head, wondering who else was going after Caitlin beside Asmodeus.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...