Revenge of the Luna Queen

By bmacke01

[IMPORTANT SEQUEL ALERT: Book #2 of 'The Lost One' Series] Love. That's what they had. He loved her and she... More

Introduction [This is a sequel]
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue
...

Chapter 33

16K 878 70
By bmacke01

Two weeks later Aislinn was standing at the windows in her home in Silverblood territory, or well their home, on the Royal Pack lands. She smiled at that thought. Leaning back as Kaiden wound his arms around her. Resting her head against his chest, enjoying the feel of his heart beating against her back.

"What are you thinking about little mate?" He asked softly, his breath stirring her hair as his face nuzzled into her neck.

"That day." She said.

"You were breathtaking."

She laughed, "Admit it, you thought about throttling me." She said lightly, letting her head fall to the side and giving him more access.

"Never." He murmured against her skin.

"Ha." She said rolling her eyes.

His voice grew serious "You know how sorry I am right love?"

Aislinn sighed, her head falling back further to lie securely on his shoulder, her hand reaching up to cup his cheek, his rough stubble tickling her palm. "Yes mate, just like I told you the hundred other times you've already told me."

"I will never stop apologizing. Never stop trying to make it up to you." Kaiden said his voice turning deliciously warm and seductive at the end.

Aislinn laughed as his hands moved up her sides.

"I want to see it." Kaiden said lowly, desire deepening his voice.

"Kaiden it's still there I promise." Aislinn said, even though she knew her words would never be enough to reassure him or his wolf. Pulling her hair away from her neck and out of his way, she secretly smiled to herself as Kaiden exposed her shoulder. She felt as his finger traced over the mark that once more rested permanently on her skin. A shudder going through her at the light touch as his fingers brushed over his mark sending delicious shocks of pleasure and desire ripping through her.

The mark along with her scent had returned when she had snapped the chains and blocks that Richard had shoved between her and her wolf. The blazing pain in her shoulder as she had taken the oath of the crown, claiming the throne for herself had been enough to prove to her that she was once more a claimed and mated wolf, however Kaiden still insisted upon seeing his mark whenever they were alone. He told her that the shock and fear when he had seen that it had disappeared from her skin was something he and his wolf would probably never get over and definitely would never forget. It had nearly shattered them. Only the promise he had made to her, to seek the revenge she desired, had kept him going in those few hours when he had thought he had lost her forever.

Of course none of what had followed would have been possible if not for the others. Aislinn took a moment to let her mind stretch out. Touching the minds of her pack, now three times as large as when they had set out from Montana, their numbers swelled by those who had come to her aid.

Only a few of the hundreds that had come to stand at her side had refused the offer to join the Royal pack in the wake of the war with the council. Those who stayed were now flourishing, it would of course take time, but Aislinn was confident that eventually the scars and pains of the past would be healed. She let her mind touch each and every one of them, man, women and child, soothing, comforting and letting each feel a piece of her love and gratitude, the bonds between them lighting up with contentment.

Next she sought out Ciera, smiling as she felt her sister's fury at her loyally stubborn mate. A feather light touch to Kaiden's brothers who were floors below with Austin and Clay training with some of the other orphaned children. Lily in Pack Tenebris, who was in a heated standoff with Alpha Maleco about her plan to re-integrate into the community, the girl was a force to be reckoned with, and was easily wearing the battle scarred Alpha down to her thinking. Aislinn smiled, her amusement echoed by Beta Liesel who was watching the drama bemused and entertained.

She reached out for Richard, feeling his relief as her mind entered his. It was quickly followed by the storm of his irritation at having been ordered from her side. 'Hiems needs you right now.' She sent him. The same message she had been repeating since she had ordered him to return to his old pack a week and a half ago. 'My place is at your side.' She expected his response, and they both knew their lines by heart at this point. 'Soon Custos, make sure I am safe from those that are supposed to be allies and then return to me.' 'As you wish My Queen.' Aislinn smiled, leaving her Custos to his monumental task of trying to wrangle the Hiems wolves into submission, and finding a loyal and trustworthy Alpha to lead them. Reaching farther she felt for Blair and Olivia in the South in Pack Semper territory, and who were not faring much better then Richard, and who had taken to cursing the Royal pair whenever they spoke. Despite all of their combined frustrations and objections both Kaiden and Aislinn had absolute faith and trust in their Royal Court to get the two packs under control and back in line.

With the abolition of the Council it had been decreed that it would be the Royal Court and the Royal Pack in general, which would enforce and administer the laws as decreed by the throne. The Crown had been re-established as the ultimate power and authority, ready and willing to step in and impose order and law on all and any of the eight packs.

Lastly, Aislinn reached out for her Uncle. The Rogue King was currently in a tent somewhere in the unclaimed wilderness of the East.

"Good evening my Queen." Old and powerful enough, not only could he sense when she connected with him, but he was also able to hide at least some of his mind from her. Keeping it walled off and blocked. Not that she really cared what he was doing or his plans, she knew eventually they would come face-to-face and with her pack and mate by her side she was confident they would win.

"Good evening Uncle."

"You are well I trust?" He inquired a hint of genuine curiosity in his voice.

"Indeed Uncle, and yourself?" She asked, her tone carrying none of the warmth his did, only cold sarcasm and disdain.

"You know me, I am not one to give into the mundane task of complaining." He said, Aislinn felt a commotion pull his attention from her, "Sorry kiddo, I have to go. Urgent business calls. I'm sure you can understand; a King's work after all is never done." He said, throwing out the nickname that had defined her childhood in the palace. While she had been under the safety of his protection, secure until he had then shattered it all.

"You always were a modest one."

"And you were always a righteous one. It seems not everything has changed. Goodnight my Queen. Until later."

"Goodnight Uncle"

Aislinn let the links go, her mind and awareness shrinking back into body, and the mate who was still holding her.

"I love you mate." He said.

"And I love you." Aislinn said turning and eagerly meeting his lips as they descended in a world shattering kiss. A kiss filled with all the passion, love, and desire he felt for her. Her toes curled.

Remembering herself she broke the kiss off, her head pulling back so she could look up into his desire and passion clouded face. His eyes were dark and hungry as they searched hers for why she had put a pause on his latest round of demonstrations for just how much he had missed her.

"Love?" He asked concerned.

She cocked her head as she looked at him. Slowly she let the grin she had been trying to hide break loose. "I went to go see Ethan today." She said.

His face was an instant mask of worry and fear, his eyes travelling her over. His hands lightly moving her back so he could inspect her from head to toe.

"Kaiden." She said trying to get his attention. "Kaiden!" His panicked eyes flew to hers. "Calm down!"

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Kaiden will you stop freaking out for a minute and let me talk?" He fell silent and she grabbed one of his hands that was on her shoulder and moved it to lay on her abdomen.

His eyes followed his hand, staring at where it now rested against her still flat stomach.

"I'm pregnant Kade."

Before she could blink her feet were off the ground and she was crashed to his chest. His face in the crook of her neck. One hand still sprawled on her stomach gently, the other holding her to him. Pulling back he looked at her. "Wait, are you sure?" She nodded. "You're pregnant?" He asked in awe and disbelief. She nodded again and then he was laughing and crying his face lit up in pure unrestrained joy. His hand rubbed her stomach once before moving to her cup her cheek, ever so gently he brought her lips to his.

"I love you." He whispered softly.

Their lips meeting in a kiss that had changed the world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.3K 2.3K 20
Mark is the alpha of the intelligence pack. He was raised by the power pack and when other packs realized the need for a smarter pack, they all turn...
9K 478 27
So the usual werewolf story consists of an alpha finding his mate, before they both end up facing some type of tragedy. And then, they have their per...
686K 21.4K 55
"Go ahead, kill me," she dared. "And why would I do that?" he stalked closer, a glint in his dark eyes. "Why not? Isn't that what you came here for?"...
14.1K 256 39
Tsk-tsk. Alex Hayes lets her anger get the best of her one horrible day. An abusive father takes role in beating his child senseless everyday for two...