Masterpiece [h.s]

Von StylisticMoods

Art is whatever we want it to be. It's definition malleable as it passes through person to person. The same c... Mehr

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty

twenty

8.7K 367 51
Von StylisticMoods

Harry's phone starts to vibrate obnoxiously around four in the morning. No matter how hard he tries to ignore it, he just can't leave it alone. Whoever it is clearly wants to talk to him for whatever reason and he'll feel terrible if it's something really important and he just ignored it and went to bed.

The brightness from his screen nearly blinds him and he can't make out the caller ID, but he swipes the green button to answer anyway.

His hands rub at his eyes, "Hello?"

It's clear that he was sleeping well, anyone could tell by the low octave of his voice and the scratchy sound that seems deeply rooted in his throat, and Carter feels bad for calling him so much when there's nothing of any importance: she just can't sleep and she wants to talk.

"I'm sorry. I don't know why I couldn't just let you sleep. It's nothing important. I'm sorry, Harry."

The sound of her voice perks him up immediately and sleep isn't so important anymore. He hasn't heard from her in days, which shouldn't bother him because she's busy with filming and competing on a television show, but it does because everything feels right with the world when he talks to her.

Carter lightly bites her bottom lip, "Yes, I just couldn't sleep and I thought that...I don't know...maybe talking to you would help. It's stupid really. I really am sorry."

Harry sits up and props his back against the wall, a smile on his lips, "No, no it's not stupid. I really don't mind at all, Carter."

She doesn't know what to say, but thankfully Harry fills the space for her. "I sold a lot of my favorite pieces today."

Carter smiles, although, she feels bad that he's gotten rid of his favorite paintings. "Really? Why your favorites?"

"Because my favorites are the best ones. I took pictures of them so I can recreate them later if I want to. I'm really going to miss the one I painted the day you let me take you out for breakfast. You were wearing this gray sweater that fell over your right shoulder and...sorry. I'm rambling."

Carter smiles softly in the darkness, "No, it's alright. Can I ask you something?"

Harry laughs lightly and settles into a more comfortable position, "You just did, but, by all means, feel free to ask another one."

Carter's laugh resonates beautifully in his ear and he smiles as his breath catches in his throat for a split moment. "Right. Anyway, what I was going to ask you before you pointed out the obvious, why do you try so hard for me? I mean, um, why do you like me above everyone else that you can have?"

Harry bites back his smile, "Are you going to tell me to shut up?"

Carter grins and sits up, fixing her hair into a quick ponytail and reaching across the bed for her laptop. "Not this time. Will you call me on Skype before you answer? I'd like to see your stupid face."

Harry nearly falls out of bed by trying to reach his laptop without getting up. "Oh? If this face is so stupid, then why would you like to see it, hmm?"

"It's stupid precisely because I want to see it. That, and you're always wearing that stupid grin."

Harry's wearing the very grin that she mentions as he logs into his computer, "What? You don't like my grin?"

Carter's icon acquires the little green dot that notifies people that she's online and Harry calls her immediately, a grin still on his lips.

"I like your dimples."

She's smiling down at her hands as she hangs up the phone and gives her attention to the computer screen. "Hi."

Harry's smile grows impossibly before her eyes, "Hi."

"You look beautiful like that. Without makeup, I mean."

Carter flushes. Her room is dark and so is his, but the light from the screen is enough to make it visible and she shrugs shyly. "You look pretty good too."

Harry's smile tilts precariously toward one side and Carter bites her lip as she notices how nice it looks on him with his not-so-perfect teeth and deep dimples.

"I really like this side of you."

Her smile is soft and shy, "I do too."

For a moment, they each look at one another and admire every single flaw and every little detail that's visible to the eye. Harry's gaze makes Carter blush and she looks away sooner than he likes, but he admires her anyway.

"I like you because you're not afraid to tell the truth, even when you really don't want to. I like the way that you smile, even though I haven't seen much of it until recently. And the way your eyes light up when something makes you really happy.

"I really like your laugh. You shouldn't be afraid to laugh more because it's honestly beautiful. I love your tattoos and I've secretly been hoping that you'll tell me the stories behind them one day.

"Your art blows me away and actually makes me very insecure about my own works, which is really rare, but I absolutely don't mind it because it's you. I like the shape of your lips and how they look when they're painted red and I like how they seamlessly mold with mine. I constantly want to smell your perfume, which is something new for me, but you always have this heavenly scent that's so unique and captivating.

"I like the way that you dress because its artistic and unique to you, even if someone else has the same top or something. I really like the way that you think about what you want to say and how it never takes you too long and you always seem to know exactly what needs to be said. Honestly, I can go on for days just listing reasons why I like you, Carter. And that's not even including any sexual reasons, because there are tons of those as well."

Carter finds it difficult to meet his eyes for a good moment or two because she's absolutely flattered with his answer. When her light eyes meet his slightly darker ones, she can't manage to contain her smile. "You really mean all of those things?"

Harry nods and gives her a small smile that, to her, looks brighter than the city lights just outside of her window. "I really do."

"Yes."

Harry's eyes light up even more than before, "I just heard that, right? I'm not having one of those sleep deprived hallucinations, am I?"

Carter laughs brightly and very audibly, her head dipping slightly as she nods and her smile further capturing his heart. "You heard correctly. Please don't sell any more of your favorites. I'm sorry for having you do that in the first place. It's just that I'm still really wary of relationships and-"

Harry happily cuts her off, "Carter. You don't need to explain, it's more than understandable and more than okay. Are you sure though? I don't want you to feel like I pressured you into being with me or anything..."

Carter smiles, "Now you're the one who's rambling. Harry, you didn't make me do anything. Sure, you're really annoying and persistent, but I make my own decisions and I do want to be with you. I really do. All I ask is that you don't rush me or smother me."

"I can't promise anything, but I'll certainly try my best. Just tell me if I need to cool it, okay? I know that I'm prone to giving my love away without a second thought, and I don't want that to be the reason that you leave."

Carter yawns, the clock reads 7:45 a.m. "Okay."

"Get some sleep, sweetheart. Good luck over there, even though you certainly don't need it."

Her smile is soft against the morning light that's seeping in through his window and he's comforted knowing that she's his and no one else can break her heart.

"You too. Thank you, your support really means a lot. Goodnight, Harry."

Harry smiles and blows her a kiss, "Sweet dreams, love."

They don't talk again for another few days because Carter's busy with filming and competitions. It's a little less lonely though because there's not much to worry about now that they're officially together.

Harry calls her around midnight again after he watches the most recent episode of the show. He can't hide the grin on his face, "Hi."

Carter's cheeks flush slightly as she smiles in return, "Hi."

"You don't understand how badly I want to pick you up, spin you around, and kiss you right now."

Carter tilts her head so that she's looking at his chest because he does things to her that she hasn't experienced in a very long time.

"I think that I do." Her blue eyes meet his green ones again, "How did I do?"

The show airs at a later time after it's been recorded, hell, the season's almost over now, but no one else really knows that unless they support someone on the show like Harry supports Carter. The episode he just saw was one where she won both challenges and she's eager to know his opinion.

"Fan-fucking-tastic! Carter, you won both challenges! That's huge! And that tattoo! Damn!"

Carter bites down on her smile and nods happily, "It's so much pressure but, my God, when you win one of those, or even both, it's the most amazing feeling in the world. Well, besides an orgasm, anyway."

Harry laughs loudly and Carter admires the way that he looks and his weirdly adorable laugh. She can tell that he doesn't like it, but he doesn't make any attempt to hide if from her and she really enjoys it.

"I can imagine. Aurora said to tell you congratulations and that she hopes you win."

Carter smiles softly, "Tell her that I said thank you and that I hope everything works out for her. How are things back there? Is my shop okay? Pandora says that it is, but I don't know if I trust her on that."

Harry laughs again and she beams, "Things are great! Everyone is rooting for you just because you're from here and your shop is literally booked for months now! Pandora's got everything under control, I check in every now and again just for your sake. I can't wait until you come back. I mean, I obviously can, but I miss having you around, if that makes any sense."

Carter nods, "Good. Thank you so much, Harry. Yes, I understand. I actually kind of miss you too..."

"Just so you know, I'm still going to fuck you so good that you'll feel it for weeks, even if you don't win."

Carter's eyes widen slightly and she squeezes her legs together. "You literally go from normal to horny in less than two seconds. I love it. Please, by all means, go right ahead. This lack of sex is making me antsy."

Harry smirks and follows through with a cheeky wink, "Only for you, baby. I can imagine, considering that you're an animal in bed."

Carter laughs and waves her hand dismissively, "Women can enjoy sex just as much as men, thank you very much!"

"Clearly!"

Carter's eyes drift to the time at the bottom of her screen and she frowns, "I'm really sorry Harry, but I have to go. Will you call me soon?"

Despite her departure, Harry smiles. "Of course! Sweet dreams, sweetheart."

She hasn't ever told him how much she likes it when he calls her sweetheart, but he can tell just by watching her and he's made sure to stick to that little pet name more often than not.

Carter smiles softly as he blows her a kiss through her screen, "Sweet dreams, Harry."

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

90.3K 2.1K 56
Nessa Black has sworn off men after her ex leaves her with a broken heart. But when Harry Styles walks into her London tattoo parlor, her world is ro...
12.5K 430 19
a companion book to Golden & Muse not a book 3! this book will be Golden in Harry's perspective, as well as extras from their lives together along w...
40K 1.3K 25
Louis is a psychology student with a tattoo count as high as his genius IQ. Harry is in a (sort-of) relationship with a homophobic man and hates hims...
20.3K 437 39
Oakley Joan Adam's is a 24 year old women living as an event painter in L.A. She paints for weddings, for small company's and on windows. She paints...