Death Is My BFF (Book 1 Origi...

By katrocks247

Watty Award Winner 2011) *ORIGINAL SERIES* This is the first book of the Original Death Is My BFF Series, whi... More

DEATH IS MY BFF IS NOW PUBLISHED!!!
All Rights Reserved
Deathly Prologue
Chapter 1: The Garbage Can Smasher
Chapter 2: Death By Pumpkin Patch
Chapter 3: The Sweatshirt Thief
Chapter 5: Death By Taco
Chapter 6: Death By Party
Chapter 7: Let Me Just Get My Floaties
Chapter 8: Death By Group Discussion
Chapter 9: Hide And Go Death
Chapter 10: Clown On The Prowl
Chapter 11: Death By Clown
Chapter 12: A New Start...And Apartment
Chapter 13: Waiting And Waiting
Chapter 14: Twenty Questions
Chapter 15: Day One: Getting the Boss A Sandwhich
Chapter 16: Yeah Right! This Was Like My First Day In Hell....o How Are You?
Chapter 17: Death By Egg Roll
Chapter 18: Taunting Grimmy
Chapter 19: Strawberry Milk
Chapter 20: Death By Pizza Guy
Chapter 21: Watching My Every Move
Chapter 22: Eenie Meenie Minie...
Chapter 23: Death By Fun House
Chapter 24: Death By Fun House~ Part 2
Chapter 25: A Deathly Drive Home
Chapter 26: Night Job
Chapter 27: Unexpected And Unprepared
Chapter 28: A Bossy Temper Tantrum
Chapter 29: Death By Changing Room
Chapter 30: I Glow In The Dark
Chapter 31: Creepy...Crawlers
Chapter 32: A Death Note
Chapter 33: Don't Mess With The Cloak
Chapter 34: Killing Between The Lines
Chapter 35: Mood Killer
Chapter 36: His Cloak Is His Only Saving Grace
Chapter 37: Death By Dream
Chapter 38: Attack of The Copy Machine
Chapter 39: Mr. Acrimony
Chapter 40: Peek A Boo! I See....
Chapter 41: D.D.R- Death Dance Revolution
Chapter 42: Hidden Image
Chapter 43: Death By Spicy Salsa
Chapter 44: Faithy-Poo Is Stuck Like Glue
Chapter 45: The Auspicious One In The Family
Chapter 46: Cruentus
Chapter 47: Distorted Reflection
Watty Awards-- Until Next time
Deathly Epilogue
WANT MORE DEATH IS MY BFF???
DIMBFF Series Order
Death by Message

Chapter 4: Death By Costume

490K 18.5K 10K
By katrocks247

NOT EDITED FROM THIS POINT ON! (WILL BE SOON!)

 Comments/Votes mean alot! :)

~Did I fall asleep, is this all a dream? Wake me up I'm living a nightmare.

***********************************

You are formally invited to this year’s memorable… 

HALLOWEEN BASH AT NICOLE’S!

Time: 8:00 PM October 30th

Location: 82 Franklin Drive

Attire: Any costume/outfit you want!! Bring a bathing suit for night swimming!

See? I told you she gave you an invite!” Marcy screamed happily in my ear.

I rubbed it, and put the invitation down. “I don’t really feel like going to this…it sounds like it’s going to be another wipeout, like last years.”

“What are you talking about? Last year’s was the bomb!” she said, throwing her hands up in the air. She also added a 'woo!'

I turned to her, “That’s because you only lasted an hour and a half, then passed out on the couch. I had to pull you from the couch, to my car, and then pull you up your huge staircase to your room. You’re lucky I avoided that sprinkler I saw that was sticking up from the grass on your lawn!” I yelled, pointing in her face.

She laughed, grabbed the invitation from my hands, and stood up. She twirled around in a circle, looking dreamily to the ceiling, “I’m going to be an Angel.”

I burst out laughing, “Ha-ha yeah like you’re an Angel! I should be the Devil then since I’m so Faithfull.”

She stopped spinning and pointed at me, with her eyes wide, “You totally should! Oh my God you could totally pull that off! Since you know…your name is Faith! That’s like ironic or something…right?”

I nodded my head slowly, being that the joke was obvious and she didn’t get it.

Don’t be quick to judge. Give her a break, her IQ is negative five.

She pulled me up from the bed, and started to tug my out of the room. I reluctantly dragged behind her, “Where are you taking me?” I hollered, as we came to my kitchen.

She turned around, “We need to get the costumes! The party is tonight, duh.”

I opened my cabinet, and started searching through it. Hold up, let me just get some cookies. I’m very—

Where are my cookies?

“Hey did you eat my cookies?” I asked, poking me head out of the door.

She gave me a angry look, “Faith, you need to lay of those things. They lead to obesity. And no I didn’t touch your cookies!”

“Then where are they?” I asked, really talking to myself than to Marcy.

“Jesus, please just calm down! You won’t die if you don’t get your cookies!”

Jesus....that reminds me of that guy from the hayride.

I blocked her out. This is just weird, nobody would eat my—

“He’s going to slaughter you anyways, why would you even bother hidin-- “

“--what did you just say?” I yelled at her, snapping my head up.

She looked at me innocently, “I said, before you rudely interrupted me. We are going out anyways, I mean why you would even bother eating.”

That’s definitely not what I heard.

“I’m going mad!” I pressed my hands to my head.

“What?”

I can’t tell her, I’ll sound like a loon.

I shook my head multiple times, rattling my brain, “Never mind…let’s just go get the costumes!”

This time I pulled her out of the room.

*****************************************************************************************************

“Be honest, seriously.”

“Um, you look great,” I lied through my teeth.

She stomped her foot, “Faith! Seriously! Do my boobs look small?”

“Extremely.”

“Oh my—you didn’t need to be that honest!” She yelled, turning around in the dressing room mirror, and squishing her boobs together.

She asked me to be honest!

I frowned, “Well, it does. At least your costume fit’s you. Mine is meant for Barbie dolls.” I held up the outfit, and dangled it in front of her.

“You haven’t even put it on yet. Never judge and outfit by it’s size.”

“Like anyone has said that,” I replied, rolling my eyes.

She ignored my comment, and continued probing her costume.

“You look fine, just get a bigger siz—“

“I’m not a medium! I refuse to be a medium!”

“I’m a medium…”

She turned around and covered her mouth, “I didn’t mean it like that! You’re gorgeous and tall, and…curvy! I’m just—“

“Whoa wait a minute curvy?”

“Yeah! I wish I had your curves,” she babbled, looking at me in the mirror, “you have an amazing body, I look like a ruler, straight up and straight down. You’re like a hour glass shape you know?”

I looked down at myself, and felt my sides, “Hmm, maybe your right.”

She frowned, obviously wanting a compliment back. I put my hand to my chin, and looked at her light brown hair, and her blue eyes. She’s so skinny, and about 5’7. I’m 5’8, beating her by an inch. That makes me happy at least. All the guys in our School love her, and completely ignore me. I know, I know, I sound like the typical girl who gets the guy in the end. My Mom just says I haven’t found ‘the one’ yet, so I’m sticking with that. “Marcy you know you are beautiful, you don’t need me to tell you,” I assured her.

She smiled, and pulled me into a hug, “Thanks bitch, now let’s get you into a sexy costume.”

I held my breath, as she tore the costume out of my hands, smirked, and ran out of the dressing room. I sat down on the little bench in the stall, facing the mirror on the door. I started to fiddle with my hands like crazy. Oh my god what if she comes back with a  strippers outfit. Time ticked by, and after a while I stood up and walked out of the dressing room. The Halloween store is obviously full of costumes, and has fake spider webs in every corner. I started looking for her in the first isle, passing Mexican skeletons, and pink boas. “Marcy?” I called to the store.

Nobody answered.

 This isn’t going to end well.

I started to job past each isle, looking for her. I brushed against something, and tripped onto the ground. I stood up to face a six foot Grim Reaper, with giant robe on. It’s in the window display, and is facing away from me. I screamed, and turned to run away, crashing into Marcy, I clutched my stomach in agony. “Hey! What’s wrong?” She looked up at the grim reaper, and then back at me with worry.

I cleared my throat, nervously looking back at the model, “Nothing, I just got scared and a stomach pain. Where were you I called your name like five times!”

“What? No you didn’t….” She said, shaking her head, “I didn’t hear you call me name.”

I put my hands on my hips, “Marcy, I definitely did.”

“That’s weird; I was just in that other room back there, so maybe I didn’t hear you.” She pointed to a dark room in the back of the store, “They have some great Devil costumes back there!”

“You don’t say,” I said dryly, “I kind of want to get out of here, and get something to eat. So can we—“

“Sure let me just show you one I liked!” She pulled me towards the dark room. A blast of air hit my face as we walked in and I ‘eeped’.

Marcy giggled, “Geez someone’s jumpy!”

We started walking through the little room that has no isles, just stuff along the walls. I stood in the middle of the room, looking around. A finger tapped my shoulder, and I turned around. “Ok, so you probably aren’t going to like this,” she started holding it behind her back, and biting her lip, “but you need to wear this tonight!”

She took out a plastic bag, and handed to me. On the front is a picture of a skinny ass woman, in a slinky Devil costume.

“Ugh, I can’t pull this off Marcy.”

“No! You need to wear this! You can wear shorts underneath it or something, or maybe your bathing suit!” She ran to the wall grabbing more stuff, then scampered back to me handing me them, “Ooo and try these on too! They have so many costumes!”

"Really? In a costume store?" I commented sarcastically.

She started pushing me towards the dressing room, and I tried to keep a hold on the clothes, “I guess I’ll just try it on. Stop pushing me I can’t see crap!” I tried to elbow her away, and she laughed.

“I’ll be looking for an Angel costume!” She said happily, clapping her hands.

I grunted in her direction, and she turned to skip into the store. I poked my head into first changing room, and it was filled with costumes. “They can at least clean this place,” I muttered under my breath. I tried the next one, and it was locked. The one after that is a Handicapped one. I looked behind me, to make sure the cashier wasn’t watching my every move, and then hurried into it slamming the door.

I faced the changing room, seeing a even more cluttered room. Whatever, I’m too lazy to go back to the first one. I tugged open  devil costume, and stripped my clothing. I tore my shirt off in anger, and backed up to the stall door. I put the tight costume over my head, and tugged it over my boobs. It doesn’t fit my torso right, and reaches to my belly button, I tried to push it down, while trying to get my jeans off. A mouse suddenly scurried across the floor, and I jumped against the door, getting the top of the costume stuck on a hook. The costume lifted up, and the collar pushed up against my throat, choking me. I kicked my feet out to feel air, and grabbed at  the collar of my costume.

“He-lp!” I choked out, loosing oxygen, “Marcy! Marcy!” The collar suddenly pushed harder into my neck, as if someone was helping it against my throat. I kicked out as a last resort, hearing a loud male grunt in return. I dropped to the ground, gasping for air, and searching for the source of the grunt. The dressing room is completely empty.

Marcy stuck her head out from under the changing stall, and crawled under. She reached me, and shook my body, “Are you ok! I heard you yell. What happened you look as pale as a ghost!” She said frantically.

I sat up quickly, and forced a smile, “I was having some technical difficulties with this costume,” I lied.

Marcy frowned and gave me a shove, “That’s why you screamed?  You sounded like you were freaking dying! Not struggling with your costume!” She stood up, and crossed her arms.

I think I almost did die.

I waved her off, still breathing loudly. “No I’m ok, I just need to pick out a costume. I want to get out of here I’m not feeling good.”

She furrowed her brows together, trying to figure out what is wrong with me, “Yeah, I guess. I just h found a costume I like.... will you were struggling in here. I’ll try it on quickly.” She smiled happily, and flipped her light brown hair as she walked out of my changing room.

I stood up to close the door, avoiding the hook. What are the odds of that happening, and I know I heard someone grunt. I felt around the air, seeing if someone invisible was there. Was it that guy dressed as the Grim Reaper, or maybe the guy on the Hay Ride? Are they the same—

“Faith I’m done! Have you found your costume?”

I rapidly searched through the pile of stuff Marcy gave me, grabbing a Devil costume, and a headband with horns on it. Good enough. I pulled on my jeans, and my t-shirt.

“Yeah let’s get the hell out of here!” I pushed the door open, holding my costume to my chest.

We walked into the store, to see it dimmed and strobe lights on. It’s usually like this when it gets dark. We walked to the cashier, and rang the bell. My flash of pain tore at my stomach, and I clutched it. This has been happening way to much. I looked at mall of masks in front of me, distracting myself.  I rang the bell like twenty times, and a door slammed. A really tall guy came out of the room, with a black beanie hat on his head. His movements looked fast, because of the strobe likes.

Marcy put her costume and white wings on the counter. “Forty five sixty nine,” he mumbled to Marcy, without touching the register. She paid him, took the bag, and wondered over behind me, probably distracted by a shiny object. I gave the guy my costume and headband.

“Hey, where’s that Grim Reaper display thing?” Marcy asked loudly, making me turn towards the front of the store.  

“Had to take it down, he’s tends to scare the customers,” a deep, familiar voice spoke from behind me. I instantly smelled cigarettes, and mint.

“Yeah that thing was mad creepy,” Marcy commented, stepping onto the display platform and posing for the parking lot.

Suddenly the bad feeling in my stomach worsened, and turned slowly towards the cashier, to see his darkened face inches from mine.

I gulped.

He handed me the bag with my costume and smiled, showing a perfect set of white teeth, “On the house... cupcake,” he whispered, sounding like he wanted me to pay him with something else.

I snatched it from him, and backed up to Marcy. I grabbed her arm, and pulled her out of the store.“Whoa, calm down Faith!” She exclaimed, tripping behind me.

I looked through the window at the store, seeing the ‘Cashier’ leaning against the wall behind the register, his head tilted towards the ground. Feeling my gaze, his shadowed face looked up at me, and chills crept down my back.

It’s official, I’m going nuts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 1.5K 33
WATTYS 2023 SHORTLIST Cara, a troubled college dropout, finds herself slowly falling for a handsome stranger - who turns out to be Death incarnate. B...
1.3M 37.8K 49
Katarina Night has been alive since the Salem Witch Trials in 1692. Surprise Surprise, she's a witch. Since her mother was caught and burnt alive for...
6.3M 235K 24
My Watty Awards 2013 Winner! The fourth installment of the DIMBFF series continues the thrilling journey of a young woman, Faith Williams, battling f...
4.9M 31.1K 9
"I know you're a virgin but have you never been touched?" He asked, sliding his other hand down onto her leg. "What makes you say that?" Kat breathe...