Little DEAD Riding Hood?

By Kaitlyn1723

Tatiana Aethelu (or better known as "Little Red Riding Hood") is now 20 years old. She goes to the Harvest Fe... More

Prologue
Chapter 2: One Destined Dance
Chapter 3: A So Called "Engagement"
Chapter 4: Saved From Kyöpelinvuori, Brought To Neflheim
Chapter 5: His Majesty's Possession
Chapter 6: What He Sees
Chapter 7: The Love Of My Unlife Loves Me Too
Chapter 8: Restraining Order
Chapter 9: His Endless Attacks
Chapter 10: The Escape Plan
Chapter 11: The Dagger
Chapter 12: It's You!
Quick Author's Note
Chapter 13: The Past Resurfaces
Chapter 14: Breaking And Entering
Chapter 15: Assassination Attempt
Facts Challenge
Chapter 16: Another Angry Ex
Chapter 17: Hel's Declaration

Chapter 1: That Day Roles Around Again

189 6 2
By Kaitlyn1723

I woke up in my bedroom to the light of the sun shining through my window, just like every morning. It bothered me. Lying silently in my bed, I played back that very day exactly one year ago.

Ever since my run in with that wolf, every year my mother, father, and younger sister have nagged me about talking to strangers. My mother, Farah Aethelu, was a beautiful woman. Everyone says I look just like her, but every year my mother was always hesitant to let me out of the house. My father, Bentley Aethelu, is a kind man. I've been told I act just like him, but every year I got the cold shoulder from him because he thinks it will teach me not to talk to suspicious people. And my sister, Evelyn Aethelu, doesn't need a reason to nag me. Every time we get into a quarrel, she ends her defense with,"At least I'm not the one who was tricked by a wolf!" Every year was the same.

I got out of bed and got dressed. I, then, went downstairs knowing exactly what to expect.

"Mom please!" I walked into the kitchen just in time to hear Evelyn pleading with our mother,"Everyone else in the village is going! Why can't I?!"

"You went to the West side of the village by yourself, after midnight, and was caught. Why would we let you out for the Harvest Festival after that?", my mother countered my sister with her last wild stunt.

The West side of the village isn't well known for polite people or nice events. No one knows for sure what happens there, but what we find out is never good. Especially when people sneak out late at night to get there, that usually means something bad will happen.

Hearing my mother tell my sister no, I couldn't help but say something. "Bet you wish you hadn't snuck out now."

"Tatiana, don't make those comments. They're rude. Besides, the only reason you're allowed to go is because it doesn't start until tomorrow night", my mother comes to Evelyn's defense, but doesn't decrease her punishment.
Ever since I was swallowed by a wolf, I wasn't allowed to do anything that was scheduled on that day. I missed out on so many things because of that wolf. This year was the first time in 15 years that I was going to be able to participate in the Harvest Festival.

"Mother, I'm going out", I said as I grabbed my red, hooded cloak.

"Where to?" My mother began to question me. I could tell she was a bit hesitant to let me out, as usual.

"To meet Suzette at the well in the center of the village." I tell my mother where I'm going, so she doesn't worry. Then I wait for her nod of approval, which comes shortly after I tell her. So, I left to go meet Suzette by the well in the center of the village.

Suzette Goldwine was my best friend. She was just as excited as me about the Harvest Festival. We have been together since early childhood and decided we would spend the Harvest Festival together. We were meeting today to get some Harvest Festival dresses for the Harvest Moon dance at the end of the festival.
It wasn't a long walk to the well and I saw Suzette as soon as I got there. When she saw me, her face lit up like the sun and she smiled from ear to ear.

Suzette walked up and hugged me. "I thought for sure your mother wouldn't let you out today."

"I thought so to, but she was busy with Evelyn this morning and it gave me a little bit of wiggle room to get by. She knows I'm here though", I replied to Suzette's comment as if it was simple as we separated from each other and headed for the tailors shop. "Are you excited?"

"Of course! I mean, I can't wait for the Harvest Moon dance! That's actually why I wanted to meet with you today", Suzette said. Her face went from excited to serious.

"What do you mean, Suzette?", I asked her with a hint of concern in my voice. Something wasn't right. I could feel it.

"Remember when we were little and dreamed of the day we would meet our 'knight in shining armor'?", Suzette answered my question with a question.

I smile as I remember those days. Suzette said she would become a princess and marry the best prince they had. I said I would meet my perfect boy at the Harvest Moon dance when I was 20. I had long since given up on that dream.

"Of course! How could I forget?" I answered with a smile so not to show my sadness. I knew my dream was impossible.

"Well, do you remember Ashton Wesley?", Suzette asked me with a faint smile spreading across her face.

"You mean the boy who delivers everyone some milk every full moon? Yeah, why?" I am a bit confused, so I give Suzette a questioning look.

"Well... Ashton asked me to the Harvest Moon dance!", Suzette told me, practically hopping across the street now.

"Really?! That's great news!", I say right as we enter the tailors shop,"But, wait, we were supposed to spend the Harvest Festival together."

Suzette saw my face, a mixture of sadness and confusion, and replies,"That's why I wanted to meet with you. Turns out Ashton has a cousin coming for the Harvest Festival and he needs a date."

"Suzette, you didn't!" Suzette nods happily at my shocked remark. "You volunteer me as his date?!"

"Yes! I also volunteered to introduce you so we can still spend time together", Suzette began looking at the fabrics while she spoke to me,"Anyway, I brought you here because you need a nice dress. I hear Ashton's cousin is high class. It would take too long for them to make a dress for you, so I suggest looking at the completed dresses."

Not able to go against Suzette's words, I head over to look at the completed dresses. The number of dresses overwhelms me, so I decide to go ask a sales clerk for help.

It's not long before I come across an elderly lady folding dresses,"Excuse me, madam. Sorry to bother you, but do you work here, by chance?"

The woman turned around and looked at me with kind eyes and replied,"I certainly do, young lady. How can I help you?"

I breathed a sigh of relief and confided in the woman."Actually, I need help choosing a dress. I am supposed to meet a high class man at the Harvest Moon dance. My friend has arranged for me to be his date. The number of dresses overwhelmed me, do you think you could help me?"

The woman's eyes lit up as she smiled. "Actually, I think I know just how to help. Follow me." I follow the woman around the shop as she picks up dress after dress. She leads me to a door and asked me to hold the dresses.
After I accepted the dresses into my hands, the woman walked a short distance, climbed a latter, opened a small storage space hidden in the wall, and pulled out a medium sized box. Before I could ask how she got that space there, she had already pulled me to the other side of the door. It's a small room with nothing inside. There are no windows and the only thing on the wall was a small candle on a jutting out piece of wood.

"What's your name, dear?", the woman asked while placing all the dresses around the room.
Startled, I replied without thinking,"Tatiana, ma'am."

The woman chuckled a little."I meant your full name."

I immediately think back to all my parents warnings and what happened with the wolf, but I feel compelled to tell this woman. "Tatiana Faylinn Aethelu, why?"

The woman smiled. "You'll see. Now close your eyes, Tatiana." I followed the woman's instructions and close my eyes. There are no windows in the room, but I feel a gentle breeze against my cheeks.

The woman called out to me. "Now state your name. Fully."

"I am Tatiana Faylinn Aethelu."

"Now your mother's maiden name."

"My mother is Farah Helewis."

"Now your father's name."

"My father is Bentley Aethelu."

"Why are you here, Tatiana?"

"I am here to find...", I thought about why I was there and decided on one reason,"...I am here to find the perfect dress for me for the Harvest Moon dance." I felt the wind get stronger with every statement I said. Even though my eyes were closed, I could still tell a bright light was shining in the room.

"Hold out your arms, Tatiana", the woman calmly said this, as if nothing was happening. I still did as the woman said and held out my arms.

I felt something hard in my arms and then the light and breeze faded away. Once it all stopped, the woman told me to open my eyes. When I did, I saw dresses scattered everywhere and a tightly closed box in my arms.
"This is the dress you are meant to wear to the Harvest Moon dance tomorrow night", the woman said, a broad smile on her face.

"Oh! Let me help you clean this up, ma'am!" I felt guilty for causing a mess and couldn't leave her to clean it up alone.

"No no no! It's okay, dear! It will clean itself up!" The woman pointed to the room that I had just looked away from. It was spotless! I looked in shock, but thought it best to worry about it later.

To change the subject, I looked at the box in my arms. "What does it look like?"

I went to open the box and the woman panicked. "NO! You can't open the box yet! The dress isn't ready!"

I looked at her in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"This is no ordinary dress, child. That's why it's all boxed up! It will be completed at 3 o'clock tomorrow afternoon. It was my job to find the girl destined to wear it", the woman gave me a straightforward explanation,"But don't open it before 3 o'clock. Got it?"

"I understand. How much do I owe you for it?", I asked the woman as I began rummaging through my basket to find my coin pouch.

"Nothing, child."

"What...?"

"You don't owe me anything. The dress is free, no strings attached."

"Are you sure, madam? This seems like a very important dress."

"I am absolutely positive. Now find your friend and get going."

"Okay! Thank you, madam!"

"Of course. See you in the 'after'!"

"Pardon?" When I turned around to ask what she meant, I discovered the woman was gone. I shrug it off and find Suzette waiting for me by the door.

"There you are! Where were you? It's almost sunset now!" Suzette seemed relieved to see me, but a little angry, too.

"I'm sorry. I was with the sales lady choosing a-", I apologized to Suzette and was about to explain what I was doing when Suzette interrupted me.

"Huh! Is that your dress? Let me see!" Suzette's serious face lit up when she saw the box I was holding and she went to open it.

"NO!", I quickly pulled the box away,"It's special! I can't open it until 3 o'clock tomorrow afternoon."

"Well, then what does it look like?" Suzette was a little shocked, but didn't protest.

"I don't know yet", I answered honestly as we walked outside,"It's sunset already?!"

"Yes, didn't you hear me tell you inside?" Suzette seemed a bit confused, but I was panicking.

"I'm sorry, Suzette, but I really need to get home", I started to run away and called behind me,"See you tomorrow!" I left Suzette there, stunned.
I felt kind of guilty for not even asking about her dress and just leaving her there, but if I didn't get home soon I wouldn't be able to go to the festival.

I ran through the door of my house. "I'm here! I'm sorry I'm so late! The dress choosing ran a bit longer than expected."

My mother ran up to me the way only a pure lady would. "Thank goodness! You had us worried sick!"

"I'm sorry. But I got a dress." I tried to calm my mother's nerves by changing the subject.

"Oh! Let me see it!" My mother looked at the box and her face lit up.

"I'm sorry. I can't", my mother's face darkened as I said this,"The sales woman said it's a special dress. I can't open it until 3 o'clock in the afternoon tomorrow. Even I don't know what it looks like, but I'm meant to wear it to the Harvest Moon dance."

"I see...Well, head to bed and get some sleep. I'm helping you get ready tomorrow." My mother's face brightened again and I smiled.

"Thank you, mother. Goodnight." I kissed her cheek and went upstairs.

"Goodnight, Tatiana", my mother called after me. Once in my room, I put the box away and got in bed. Soon, I slipped into the quiet comforts of sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 84 23
Many have heard of the tale of the girl in the red hood but what happens when the tale was actually true and it involved Vampires not a wolf. There'...
21.4K 629 15
You all would've heard about the fairy tale, Little Red Riding Hood, haven't you? But, what if the story took place in a different dimension, in an e...
525 6 21
Now, Red is a story book character, but here is a story that nobody has ever heard of before. Red Ridinghood is a wolf hunter to the third degree. S...
4.8K 101 59
Gwendolyn "Red" hood has been suffering under a familial werewolf curse her whole life, making it stressful. Even more so with her dad not around to...