SoMa One Shots

By arsenic-

So these are one shots of Soul and Maka. Some will be from my head and some will be inspired by others. Also... More

High School Crush
Cinnamon
Staring
Ties
Marry You?
Chickity
Brand
My Immortal
The Green and Black Blade
Field Day
Angel
Girly
Business
Beach Day
Wrap up?
You Act So Different Around Me
Dares
What Liz Thinks of Soma
Authors Note
Partner, Roommate, and Best Friend
Bars
I Do As I'm Told
Ruined Wedding
I'm Saying I Love You
Strawberry Ice Cream
Authors Note
Bottle
Gods
Oh My Lord
Seeing the Unexpected

Graduation

217 13 4
By arsenic-

Soul slumped up the long staircase to DWMA. This was it, graduation day had snuck up on Soul. The halls would be filled with parents and family members congratulating their children. Soul would be the only one without a parent there to support them on his future decision, staying with Maka or leaving for college. Soul, and almost the whole school, had already decided that he would stay with the girl that sparked his soft side. The girl who lived with him through thick and thin. The girl? Maka Albarn.

"Soul!" A bright voice called to her beloved. Maka rushed up the remainder of the steps to catch up to her partner. Soul was wearing a tux, white shirt, black pants, and black tie. Her hair was ruffled but had smears of gel in between his tuffs. His eyes were lazy until he saw her. Maka wore an elegant black, tight dress that hugged her curves just right. It had sleeves that went a third of the way down her arm. Her hair hung in loose curls down her back, her bangs being held back by a sparkling gem.

When Maka neared Soul he was surprised when she leaped into his arm, causing him to stumble backwards. Soul regained his balance and hugged his miester. Her scent filled the air, strawberries. Maka then squirmed out of his grip and looked at him. Soul gave a hurt expression, he never wanted that hug to end, before her hands lifted to his hair, smoothing it out. The gel had made his hair stick up in some places but not all of it. The weapon eyed her as she worked away on his hair. Maka ushered him to follow her to the auditorium. Soul was stunned from her actions a moment ago so he didn't move at first, his face was a light shade of red from her being so close to his face. Soul could even feel her warm breathe upon his cool lips. The girl rolled her eyes and grabbed his hand tugging him along the hallway. There were slight, 'Hi, Maka' 's as she rampaged through the hall. When the partners first came to DWMA they had their small group of friends. Now, Maka was pretty popular with some fangirls and boys who drooled over her when she trained or fought. Soul also had fangirls but not as much as Maka, which crept him out.

Maka swirled her body around and gripped both his arms together, dragging him to the large auditorium. When did she get so cute? Through the years Maka has...changed. In a good way. Her tough exterior was broken down by Soul long ago. She finally opened up to people and actually became more girly. She didn't just wear her plaid shirt anymore, she now wore a lot of nice summer dresses. In Soul's opinion, she looked hot either way. Maka even shook it up a bit and wore light makeup, on good days. The miester was even into cheesy romance movies on T.V. It was crazy how the tough, thirteen year old changed to a loving adult. Maka had turned eighteen last month and was over the top when her birthday consisted of her voting and being a legally licensed adult. Yep, Maka was still that cute, little bookworm from her teenage years. And Soul loved her, all of her. 

"Come on, Soul." She picked up the pace as the crowd split for them to move. They entered the large auditorium for the ceremony. Maka had heard from her mother that she would attend her graduation, it was to good to be true. Maka's father was already waiting for the partners to arrive with a women beside him. Maka rushed towards her father, dropping Soul's hand and clashing with her parents. The weapon stood from afar and watched the small reunion. Maka's mother was more beautiful then he imagined. She wore an elegant bun and was surprising tall for a women. Her purple dress flowed to her angles and was laced with glittery heels. Maka hugged her mother and for the first time in a long time, Soul saw his partner cry a real tear. Maka didn't cry the tears she cried when they watched sad movies or when she had nightmares. Maka Albran cried a genuine tear. 

"Mom, you made it." Maka beamed at her mother. 

"Of course I did, sweetie." The mother looked up from her beloved daughter to lay eyes on Soul who noted the scene. Maka's mother leaned over to her daughter and whispered something in her ear which lit Maka's face up like a Christmas tree. She playfully pushed her mother away before shouting, "Mom!" The lady giggled and waved towards Soul's direction. The oblivious weapon looked around for anyone then pointed to himself. The women nodded and muffled her giggle with her hand. Maka stood beside her mother and clasped her hands in front of her, still a light shade present above her nose. Soul walked cautiously towards his battlefield. He could do this, he could handle talking to the women his love adored. Yeah, Soul loved Maka and everyone knew it, except the blonde herself. He's loved her since she defeated the kishin, he then realized how brave she really was. The scythe didn't only find it astonishing but also attractive. Soul made his way to the family, taking slow steps. Spirit held his glare on Soul while Maka's mother warm eyes sent relief to him. 

"Hey, Mrs. Albarn." Maka shifted uncomfortably as he said 'Albarn.' Soul mentally slapped himself for using Spirit's last name. Oh this was a great start.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Soul." The women greeted him. "Maka's told me all about you." The ex-wife seemed not phased by Soul's mishap, she really was perfect. Maka escorted her parents to a spot towards the middle of the crowd before grabbing Soul's arm and fleeing for the stage. She pushed Soul into a dressing room, which he couldn't say he wasn't the least bit turned on, and threw a graduation gown at him. Maka herself then fled into a similar room before slipping on the garment and placing a rectangular hat atop her head. Soul stumbled out of the dressing room, robe slanted to the side and hat upside down. Maka doesn't even want to know how you mess that up. 

"Are you serious?" The technician rolled her eyes as she fixed his hat. Her curls brushed his shoulders as the miester bumped into her partner. Maka didn't notice the warmth radiating off her weapon as she fixed the minor problem. "Alright, there you go, you dork." Soul thanked her slightly before turning her heel and walking over to her place. Everyone knew Maka was going to give the senior class speech; defeating the kishin, getting the highest grade in everything, and always a perfect student was some of her best accomplishments. Soul watched as her petite hand waved a small goodbye as the lights dimmed and the crowd fell silent. Maka made her entrance, a spotlight fixed upon her frame. 

"Welcome: students, parents, and siblings. All I can say tonight is wow. I've been waiting for this day since I started school. 

"I'm here today to congratulate my senior class. From book reports to fighting kishin's, this group has been my friends for years. Some are shy and don't talk much and some talk to much." Maka let out a small laugh. "Their like my family. 

"Some have asked me what i'll be doing with my life after I graduate,"-Soul leaned in-"being top of my class I'm expected to go to some fancy collage or continue my studies some way. But if i'm being honest, i'm not sure what i'm going to be doing. Like your family and friends you shouldn't expect the unexpected because no matter what way you put it, isn't it still expected? That's not true about all of our futures, none of us know what's going to become of us. Some have already decided where their going to go for college or if their staying with their family or partner, but what next? That's the question that dwells through all of our minds. As new adults were expected to be looked up to and trusted to make the right decisions. But maybe we're not ready, just yet.

"That's why i'm here giving this speech, because i don't know what will become of me, but i'll be guided by my friends and family for help. They will show me what is right and I hope that's what all of you do to your children. This is our time! We've just accomplished a major part in our lives and we're going to need help. 

"My point of this speech is to show we're not all alone. We've got our family," The class shifted onto the stage like everyone practiced. All of Soul's and Maka's friends gathered around the know-it-all bookworm. "and we're happy to graduate DWMA and start a new chapter in our lives." Maka concluded with everyone throwing their hats into the air. Tears were shed and hugs dealt, even the great idiot himself cried. The armament made his way to the middle of the stage where Maka was perched on her pedestal. 

"Hey!" He yelled at her through the noise. 

"Hey!" She giggled back. Soul lent his arm to her as she jumped down. He lead her to the balcony to get some fresh air. Plus, Soul hated all the noise and he needed to talk to her. He knew she wanted to go to collage, her speech clarified that everyone wanted her to go. Well, not everyone.

"So, your speech was cool." Soul started light. 

"Yeah, I was surprised everyone liked it so much." Maka giggled, sparking a tint of pink that spreaded to her cheeks. "Oh, Soul, can you believe it?" She leaned against the banister ensuring her safety. 

"Hey, Maka?" Soul circled his hands along his thigh trying to figure out how to ask her. 

"What is it?"

"A-Are you going to collage?" He muttered the last part. The moon grinned at the pair below captivating an awkward aura from the uneasy weapon. Soul asked her but he was nervous for her answer. He wants Maka to be happy, he wants her to go to collage, but all that won't make him happy. He loves their Saturday night movie's and their talks, their fights, her.

Maka completed him. 

When she realized his feelings he wondered how she'd react. Here was Maka Albarn, born heroine, to smart for her own good, brave, and caring miester. While her partner was just a tool for her to use and eventually give away.

"No." Maka's lips moved but no sound came from them. Soul thought he heard her but everything felt fuzzy. 

"Excuse me?"

"I'm not going." The girl crossed her arms in defense, her seashell lips glistening as she spoke.

"W-Why? I thought you wanted-" Maka cut him off.

"Everyone wants me to go. I never said I did. I want to stay with you." Maka argued. The miesters face now lit with a deep red. Soul stared mouth agape at her. Her decision was to stay with him. The love he's always wanted was standing right there and never leaving him. His one true happiness wasn't abandoning him nor giving him up. Soul smiled showing his shark-like teeth twinkle in the moonlight.

"As you wish, mi'lady."  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 176 19
After the fall of Asura (Anime version), everyone is dealing with many situations in different ways: Old memories from his past haunt Death Scythe...
143K 2K 71
These are just as the title says. They are X reader. Or you can request certain people. Feel free to request. Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN SOUL EATER OR...
109K 1.6K 33
Just some oneshots of our favorite Soul Eater characters and ships.
287 0 12
Sky Fall (A Soul Eater Fan Fic)