A Pirate's Kiss (Wattys Winn...

By iluvdaisychain

(The Trilogy is now complete) This novel was written in 2011 when I was 15 - I'm slowly editing but please fo... More

Introduction
Chapter One | A Stolen Kiss
Chapter Two | Letters
Chapter Three | Innocence
Chapter Four | Silver Eyes
Chapter Five | Gold
Chapter Six | Bottle of Rum
Chapter Seven | Handcuffed
(8) Never Underestimate Me
(9) Henry and the Creature
(10) History
(12) Dark and Light
(13) The Mermaid Door
(14) Sea Shanties and Captivations
(15) The Drunken Sailor
(16) Bleeding Water
(17) Hungry Kisses
(18) Regret
(19) Something Close To Heartbreak
(20) Burning Me
(21) Hand Fighting and Lady Thighs
(22) Beautiful Sight
(23) Captivated
(24) Indifference
(25) Not the One
(26) That Will Teach Him
(27) Don't Fight Me
(28) Strength
(29) Selfish
(30) Golden Moments
(31) I' Taren ar' ho Dgiathatch
(32) Scarred
(33) Flying Free
Epilogue: Surprise
Authors Note

(11) The Truth

240K 7.3K 1.6K
By iluvdaisychain

Sorry for the wait guys!! I have no idea why this Chapter was so impossibly hard to write, it's not even that long haha, I'll save my dribble for the end, read and enjoy!!! :D

500 VOTES TO NEXT CHAPTER PLEASE.

Thankyou!!

Daisy xx

_______________________________________________________________________________

(Circe's P.O.V)

"Our Father, Zeus Gold, King of the Pirates, was the thief that stole the Earth Kingdom Pendant. And this," There was a pause as something gold flickered over my closed eyelids. I opened them.

"This just so happens to be the pendant that he stole." Obsidian finished, that wild smirk dancing over his handsome features. 

On the other side of the room his mirror image flinched back from his words. But they weren't the same person. Obsidians features were sharper, more defined, his shoulders broader, his aura darker, his stance more . . . powerful. 

The other boy was softer somehow, his silver eyes shone like a cats but they weren't hard and icy, they were warm, and at the moment, wide and round. His body was still hard and muscled, but it was more relaxed, his facial features rounded off gently, not full of hard edges.

Cobalt.

I sat up slowly with wide eyes. I was in a cell, in a dimly lit room. Grungy mould, seaweed and moss  lined the walls, so thick that I almost couldn't see the wooden panels underneath. The metal of my cage looked slimy and green and I looked down at my hands to see the dirt smeared all over my hands and under my nails. What had I been doing? Why was I in here? 

Racking my brains I thought frantically, the last thing I remembered had been waking into Obsidians cabin . . .

I licked my lips, they were cracked and dry and my throat hurt. I licked them again, tasting something that was salty and tasted like iron. Gingerly I put a hand up to my mouth when I realized that the iron taste was all through my mouth. Was I bleeding?

My hand came away free of blood and I looked at it in confusion before lifting my head to look around at the inhabitants of the room. None of them had noticed me and I felt a slight twinge of annoyance. They better have a good reason for throwing me in this pit. 

"So what you're telling me," Colby was continuing, his voice bemused. "Is that our Father, is really centuries old and an Elven and Human half breed?"

Obsidian nodded his head and leaned lazily back against a wooden barrel, tossing his golden necklace from hand to hand. "That would be correct Brother" He drawled, sighing heavily and ruffling his hair, making it fall over his face in an even more disorderly manner as I tried to make sense of what Cobalt had just said. Elven and Human half breed? What kind of ridiculousness was this?

"So our Father stole the Earth Pendant and gave it to you . . ." Colby said disbelievingly. "I'm sorry but why would he give it to you?"

Obsidian suddenly grinned. It wasn't a nice smile, it was a deadly one, it was a smile that crept into his gold and silver eyes and swirled around in there, like a tornado building up momentum before it finally unleashed it's fully destructive power.

"Well," He said, his voice was soft and he sounded like a naughty child confessing to his Mother. The only thing was, his tone didn't sound sorry at all. "He didn't give it to me exactly."

"What do you mean, did you steal it?" Colbys voice had suddenly turned quiet as well.

"No of course not!!" Obsidian said, sounded wounded. "I would never steal from my own Father."

Colby scoffed and rolled his eyes. "You steal from everyone Bones, now tell me, how did you get the necklace?"

Obsidian flashed his brother a blinding smile. "I killed him."

The room froze, I swear I felt the temperature drop instantly as Colby looked at his Brother in disbelief. "You did what?" he asked through his teeth, his hands clamping into fists. 

Obsidian rolled his eyes and threw his hands up in the air. "I killed him, I killed our Father. Big deal.  He was a power loving maniac and needed to die. He wasn't a Father to me, he wasn't a Father to you, I saw no reason why I shouldn't stab a sword through his heart and take back what didn't belong to him. I wasn't going to wait until he was old enough to cark it, it would have taken centuries. I just, sped up the process is all." He smirked again.

Colby looked as though he was at war with himself, a muscle in his jaw twitching. I guessed he was sizing up his chances of getting away with punching his brother in the face. Eventually though, he just sighed and ran a hand through his hair, his expression suddenly tired.

"So then what are we?" He asked looking his Brother straight in the eye. 

Obsidian laughed. "We my Brother, will be Elven royalty once we bring this back."

I gasped and then quickly covered my mouth as I realized they had heard me. Three heads whipped around to face me and it was only then that I realized Hobbson was in the room as well. His kind blue eyes were looking at me in relief. 

"Well, well, well," Obsidian said, advancing towards me a darkly handsome grin spreading over his face. "Look who has finally dried out." 

I scuttled backwards on my bottom, his expression scaring me slightly as I looked at him with wide eyes. The other side of his face had been hidden from my view because of the angle he had been standing at in relation to me, but now that he faced me front on I saw a deep cut slashed along the his bottom lip. I gasped and touched my hand to my own lip and he smirked.

"Do you remember giving me this?" He snarled, pressing his body up to the bars, his eyes flaring golden as he gestured to the cut on his mouth. My mouth opened with shock at his words. I had done that to him?

"No, no, I didn't do that," I whispered, suddenly feeling incredibly trapped in this small metal cage. 

He laughed loudly, throwing his head back before his eyes locked back onto mine and his laughter turned into a roar of rage as he punched the cage with all his might, making it clatter and bend inwards. I flinched back at the sound and squeaked in terror, covering my face with my hands. 

Colby's voice was suddenly loud in the room and I peeked out from between my fingers to see him pulling his Brother away from the cell.

"She doesn't remember you idiot!! She doesn't know anything!! Leave her alone!!" 

Obsidian shook his Brother off but moved away from my prison to pace at the back of the room. His knuckles were dripping blood from where he had punched the cage but he didn't seem to notice. His eyes never left mine, both of them burning a ferocious gold. I looked away as he spoke again, continuing the conversation from before I had interrupted it.

"We will be either be Royalty or be killed Brother. The moment we set foot in the any of the Kingdoms they will know we are there. And then we will be at their mercy." He spat on the ground, sounding disgusted at the thought of having to give in to anyone.

"Then why go back at all?" Colby asked, "Why should we give it back to them if they will kill us for it?"

"Because . . ." He said slowly, his gaze flickering to me and then away again. He sighed. "I'll tell you later." He muttered darkly, turning fully away from me to face the opposite wall, his broad shoulders shaking slightly. Colby opened his mouth in protest but before he could speak, Mister Hobbson moved forwards and placed a hand on his shoulder, giving him a look that clearly told him to drop the matter for the time being.

Colby's shoulders slumped in defeat and he ran a hand through his hair. "Fine." He mumbled. "Later it is." He turned to address Mister Hobbson, a sigh on his lips.

"Are you going to finish the story then?" Mister Hobbson looked at him strangely, the confusion on his face fading when Colby looked at me pointedly.

"Ahh yes," He said, clapping his hands together and making me start. "In light o' the recent events, tis probably best that she be knowing abou' her true heritage. After all, we can't exactly 'ave you runnin' round attatckin' people randomly now can we?" He said, directly the last part towards me. A derisive snort echoed out from the corner and Mister Hobbson frowned at his Captain.

"What . . . what are you talking about?" I asked, my voice husky. "Why am I in here? Have I done something wrong?"

Mister Hobbson smiled. 

"No o' course not"

"Yes"

"Bones don't believe that I were aware that you were the Expert in this situation." He said tightly, pinching the bridge of his nose with his thumb and forefinger. 

Obsidian whirled around and was in front of the old man in an instant, his fingers wrapped around his throat as he lifted him into the air and I couldn't help but shriek as Mister Hobbsons face started turning blue.

"If you were an Expert," Obsidian said the word scathingly, "I wouldn't have half of my lip torn off by that . . .  that Creature" He hissed, his angry golden eyes narrowing down into slits as he glared at me with hate.

Colby strode forward and squeezed his Brothers wrist making him wince and let go of Mister Hobbson, who would have fell to the ground if Colby had not caught him and held him up. 

"You 'av every right ter be mad Cap'n, but I'm asking yer ta just be lettin' me explain this ta 'er. With no interruptions." He finished sternly and Obsidian scowled, moving back over to his corner, facing away from the rest of us, his posture defensive, like a banished child.

I felt the stirrings of annoyance rise from within me, causing my voice to come out snappier than I had intended.

"Would some-one please tell me what the heck is going on?" I managed to regain some of my courage now that it looked as though Obsidian wasn't going to attack again anytime soon, and I managed to stagger to my feet, stumbling over to the gridded metal walls of the cell and looping my fingers through the holes to keep my legs steady. For some reason I suddenly felt dizzy as a black pressure pressed itself down into my mind, blurring my vision. I blinked rapidly and shook my head and eventually the uncomfortable feeling of the head rush melted away.

Mister Hobbson sighed and dragged a barrel over to the cell wall, seating himself upon it.

"You have yer Mothers eyes" He said quietly, his blued eyed gaze running over my face. "And her hair, and her temperament." He chuckled before looking at me sadly. "Yer Mother is not who you thought she was," He said quietly. "She-

I interrupted quickly before he could tell me what I already knew. "I know, she didn't die giving birth to me, she arrived at my Fathers town along with a shipfull of her people. The boat needed repairs and for some reason they chose our Harbor to dock at."

Mister Hobbsons gaze didn't waver from mine and I shifted my weight from my left foot to my right, feeling slightly unnerved at his penetrating look.

"Yer Father explained that in his letter I presume?"

I gaped at him. "However did you-

"Yer Father and I are old friends," Hobbson said briskly, offering no more explanation. "Lets just be assumin' fer now that I be knowin' everythin' you do. Alright?"

I nodded, not quite knowing what else to do and he settled back looking content with my answer.

"Yer Mother was a Queen." He said, so bluntly and so abruptly that I wasn't sure if I had heard him correctly. 

"I'm sorry?"

He gazed over my head at something that I couldn't see. "She was Queen, Queen of the Underwater Kingdom and all of the creatures who call it their home. And a mighty fine Queen she was too."

"Wait," I said, holding up a hand. "I'm sorry, but what are you talking about? Queen of the Underwater Kingdom? Is this supposed to be funny?" I looked around the room, noticing that Colby was suddenly staring at me intently.

"What type of creature was the Water Kingdoms Queen exactly?" He asked, his eyes looking at me hungrily. 

"Creature?" I echoed, "What? I don't-

"The Great King at the time, Darius Deuaich, was a Water Sprite and an excellent King. He fell in love with the Queen of the Sirens and the most desired woman in the world, Aurela Uisge. Oh she was wild. Like an untamable storm, beautiful in its ferocity. He was determined to have her, but he knew that he would have to go about it carefully. He had to seduce her, instead of the other way round." Mister Hobbson winked at me and chuckled. "The result of his efforts caught him the most beautiful woman in the world, and more importantly, her undeniable love, which was eventually made into a child, your Mother. Half Water Sprite, allowing her to walk on land, although of course she preferred sea, and half Siren, allowing her to morph between forms."

I stared at Mister Hobbson for a few silent seconds before bursting out laughing.

"You know, HAHA, you almost had me, HAHAHAHA, had me f-f-fooled there for a s-ssss-ss- HEEHEEHEEHEE!! I mean," I said chuckling and wiping my eyes on the hem of my nightgown. "You are really, really, REALLY good!! Your face stayed completely straight and everything-

"Circe"

"-You must have practiced that so many times, and to think I almost believed you for a second, Sirens and Water Sprites? How stupid do you think I am exactly? My Mother wasn't Queen of anything, she was . . . she was . . ." I trailed off my, blood running cold, remembering my Fathers letter. 

'They never told us where they came from you see, they never told us anything about their homeland, or what the purpose of their journey was . . '

I ran a shaking hand through my hair, letting out the breath I had been holding in one big gush. What had he told me? On the morning of my birthday? 

'I want you to always remember Circe, that having an open mind in difficult situations can save your life. I no harm is to come to you, and you are in a position to gain knowledge, take it, take it Love, take it and learn.'

Is that what I was in now? A position to gain knowledge? But how could I have an open mind about something that belonged in the world of Myth and Legend? Because thats what Sirens and Water Sprites were, nothing but Myths, nothing but Legends. No-one had ever seen a Siren, they didn't exist.

Just because you haven't seen it, it doesn't mean it isn't real, the little voice in the back of my mind whispered. Is there any proof to prove that they didn't exist? And if they didn't exist, then where did the stories come from in the first place?

I shook my head, forcing my protesting logic to the back of my mind and raising my head to meet Mister Hobbsons stare full on.

"Tell me everything"

He nodded and linked his knotted hands together.  "Yer Mother was Evangeline Deuaich, half Siren, half Water Sprite, Queen of the Water Kingdom, bearer of the Water pendant. You my dear, are Princess Circe Deuaich, the Heir to the Water Kingdom throne, yer part Human, part Water Sprite an' part Siren."

Obsidian turned around and sneered at me. "Basically your Highness, you're more of a Mutt than I am." 

Mister Hobbson glared at him coldly before turning back to look at me. "That be bringin' me to the not so easy part. Because of yer Human blood, accordin' to the Water Kingdom, you officially don't exist. Which be makin' things difficult because yer Mother passed down to you, the most important thing in the Water Kingdom"

"What is it?" I breathed, my eyes round.

"'Tis somethin' that will be lettin' ya claim the throne an' become Queen, 'tis somethin' that no-one can be takin' from ya wivout cursin' the entire Kingdom." 

He looked at me grimly. "I don't suppose that yer Mother explained in 'er letter the importance of that stone 'angin' around yer neck? It would save me from repeatin' meself."

   *   *   *   *

(Nathaniel's P.O.V)

I looked up at the sky, noting the slight lightening of the sky in the East, I had three hours tops before they would notice my absence. Depending on wether or not Jacob decided to alert the troops to what I was doing. I hurried through the deserted streets, sticking to the shadows and ducking around corners whenever a patrol came my way. Eventually the glistening black of the water greeted me, the gentle rush of waves crashing onto the shore the only sound that accompanied me as I scurried down to the harbor and leapt into my small fishing boat, 'The Scarlet Lover'. It was a big name for such a little boat but Circe had chosen the name and it had stuck.

 I smiled as I remembered all of the fishing expeditions I had taken her on over the years. Circe couldn't fish for shit. Oh sure she was amazing at catching them, she had always caught the biggest fish while I never managed to catch anything bigger than the size of my hand, but she always, ALWAYS let them go. She said she felt sorry for them, that they looked so free swimming through the water and she would feel horrible if she had to take that freedom away from them. 

This logic had amazed me to begin with, I tried to explain that they were just food, they didn't have feelings, but she had stubbornly stuck to her belief and eventually I had started to see things her way. 

They were beautiful in a way, their streamlined bodies moved through the water with such ease, their sliver scales flashing bright when they caught the light. They could be still in the water one-second, only their delicate tails moving back and forth, and then as soon as the slightest movement disturbed their peace they were gone in a flash, taking cover in the endless depths of the ocean.

Eventually I had given up catching fish at all, just content to swim and study them below the surface while Circe kept an eye on me from the boat. She had never learnt to swim although I had offered to teach her many times. I had always though it rather strange considering her undying love for the ocean.

Swiftly while keeping an eye out for any passing patrols I brought out a set of keys from my pocket and selecting the right one, shoved it into the door of the small cabin at the rear of the boat. Throwing the door open I proceeded to haul out two oars. I hauled in the mooring rope and cast off from the small jetty. I couldn't risk a white sail drawing attention to my flight and there wasn't enough wind anyway.

It had been along time since I had used the boat but I swiftly grew accustomed to the rise and fall of the oars as I felt my muscles gladly welcoming the calming motions. I reached the shadows of the cliffs quickly without any hiccups and proceeded to follow the line of the cliffs out to sea. The wind had begun to pick up slightly and it ruffled my hair. I wet my finger and held it in the air, pleased to discover it was blowing in the direction I was heading. As soon as I came around the edge of the cliff and was out of sight of the city I once called home, I would rig up the main sail and head for the one of the neighboring cities. Many ships came to dock at their much larger ports to stock up on provisions and make repairs, I would work out what I was going to do then. If I had to pay one of the Captains to drop me off at a Pirate Port, I could sell Scarlet Lady. She was still in fine condition and I had no doubt that I would receive a fair price for her. As much as it hurt me to think of giving up my pride and joy it was a small sacrifice that I was willing to pay if it meant that I would be reunited with Circe again.

I looked up into the sky at the stars that were beginning to fade away with the lightening sky.

I coming for you, I thought determinedly, wishing that she could hear me. Stay safe and wait for me, I will come.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Okay so this Chapter is a little rushed but I really just wanted to get it finished, it was honestly frustrating me so much. 

SHOUTOUTS TO:

danielaistoocool - The Day

DelyrianPrincess - School for the Ugly Prince and Princessess

littledrummergirl22 - Mother of Pearl (Twist on the Classic Grimms brothers fairy tale of Hansel and Gretel)

All of the above stories are undiscovered gems, absolutely brilliant, if you're stuck on something to read give them a try!!

As I said up the top, 500 votes till next Chapter, hopefully this will help me to upload a little sooner, it gives me a rough deadline haha

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

Thanks to all my new fans!! You guys are all appreciated so much so thankyou :D

Daisy xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.3K 1.7K 74
🖤 "You will remember me," I utter, wrapping my hand tighter around the candle. "You will remember the woman who burned your world to ash. For I am a...
27 0 6
"Unveil the secrets of Hogwarts, A Half-demon, wholly mysterious, Ruelle discovers her destiny entwined with Harry Potter's amidst a realm cloaked in...
279K 18.1K 60
***Wattpad HQ's Editor's Pick - Feb 2023, Nov 2023*** She rules the seas. The infamous Sea Siren, a tormented pirate with a desperate vendetta and a...
275K 13.1K 64
'"I cannot feel this way. You clearly don't feel-" "I do though." He interrupts me. I finally look up to meet his eyes. It holds so much sadness. "Be...