Love Me Like You Used To (seq...

By roseofdeath-

25k. Kellin should be dead. But he's not. After attempting suicide, and entering a coma, he finally wakes up... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 -FINAL-
Epilogue

Chapter 5

556 33 7
By roseofdeath-

After my mother leaves the hospital I can't help but wait in anticipation for Oliver to arrive.

He visits me everyday, and although it's only been like three days, I've become accustomed to it.

But, today Oliver doesn't come.

I have no clue why. Is it weird that I miss him even though I saw him the day before?

Ugh.

I wish I had my phone. I assume I have his number, and if I can't see him in person, it'd be nice to text or call him.

Being in a hospital is boring. There's nothing to do, and no one to talk to, unless you count nurses and doctors. But you can't hold a real conversation with them anyway.

The day passes on way too slow for my liking. By the time it's nine o clock at night, I'm exhausted.

Ever since I woke up, I've been completely exhausted, no matter how much sleep I get.

When I close my eyes, I fall into a deep slumber within minutes.

~

We're standing in the hallways of school, located right beside my locker.

"You look cute." Oliver comments, gazing me up and down.

If anything, he looks cute. Then again, when does he not look hot as hell?

I blush as his eyes scan over my body. "How do I look cute? I'm only wearing a hoodie and jeans."

"Yes, but you're wearing my hoodie. It makes you look tiny."

I glare at him, though there's no malice behind it. "I'm not cute nor tiny. I am manly and tough, excuse you."

What a lie. Everyone knows I'm the farthest thing from tough or manly.

Oliver laughs.

Before I know what's going on, Oliver's arms are wrapping around me, and I'm going up, up, up. Next thing I know I'm lifted up into the air, and Oliver is holding me bridal style.

I blush a crimson red at the close proximity between us. I ignore the weird looks fellow classmates are giving us, and squirm in Oliver's hold.

"Let me go." I whine, struggling to free myself form his grasp.

Though, if I'm being honest, I don't really mind being held by him. It's nice.

Oliver smirks devilishly at me. "Still not tiny?"

"Nope." I say, refusing to give up.

"Really?" Oliver asks.

Then, all of sudden I've been thrown over his shoulder, and everything is upside down.

"Let me down." I complain once again.

I slap his ass to enforce my point. (That's a lie. I totally just wanted to touch his ass.)

Oliver laughs. "That wasn't a good idea."

"Why not?"

"Because right now, you're completely defenseless. Which means I can do this "

Oliver pinches my ass.

"Ow! Let me goooo!"

"Never."

"Fine! Fine, I'm tiny." I admit with shame.

Oliver lets me down.

I glare at him. "You asshole."

He only smiles charmingly. "It's okay. There's no shame in being tiny."

"Not for you."

Oliver wraps his arm around my waist, tugging me closer. "Well, I like you how you are, Kells. You're perfect no matter what."

A blush creeps onto my face, and I curse the effect he has on me.

The stupid sappy things he says only result in making me like him more and more. I'm in way too deep.

~

I wake up, and my eyes snap open.

The first thing that comes to mind is the dream I had.

That was a dream, right?

I don't know whether it was a dream or a memory.

To be honest, I hope it was a memory. That would mean I'm remembering quickly.

It felt like a memory.

It felt so real.

Even though I'm now awake, I have this familiar fondness growing in my chest as I think about him, Oliver.

I stretch, and yawn. I reach for the remote on the table beside me, and flip the channel to SpongeBob SquarePants. I'm a kid at heart, really.

I'm taking my mother's advice. I'm not going to overthink anything at all. Whatever happens, happens.

I watch a marathon of SpongeBob for around an hour, when a nurse walks into my room.

"Hello." She greets. "You have a visitor. Would you like me to send them in?"

"Sure." I agree.

I can't help but hope it's Oliver.

She walks out of the room and a few minutes later, the door to my room opens and Oliver walks in.

My heart jumps in my chest when I see him.

He comes over and sits on the side of my bed.

"Hey." He says with a smile

"Hi." I say, shifting in the bed so I'm completely facing him.

My legs crossed, and arms folded together in my lap, I can't help but ask. "Why weren't you here yesterday?"

Ugh, am I being too clingy?

"My family forced me to spend the day with them." Oliver explains. "They said they missed me, since I've been spending all my time here with you."

Guilt floods through me.

"You don't have to come visit me everyday if you don't want to. I mean, you have to put your family first, right?"

Oliver frowns. "I want to see you everyday. Honestly, seeing you is the highlight of my day."

I smile at his words, but continue. "But you can't neglect your family because of me."

Oliver shakes his head, disagreeing with what I'm saying. "I'm not neglecting them. At least, not intentionally. I love my family, and this might be weird, but I love you too. You're in the hospital right now. No member of my family is. So for right now, I'm going to put you first."

There's a part of me that wants to say' I love you too', but I hold it back. I think I do love him, even though I've only known him for days. I have these feelings, feelings that come from knowing someone for a long time. And I guess I have known him for a long time.

But I'm not going to tell him I love him until I'm absolutely, positively certain I mean it.

So instead of saying I love you, I say,

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For putting me first. For staying by my side through all this shit going on. It really shows me how much you care."

He takes my hand in his, grasping it tightly. I hold his hand just as tight. "I'll always put you first. You better get used to it, because I'm not going anywhere."

God, what did I ever do to deserve someone as amazing as Oliver Sykes?

I look at him for quite a while, admiring his features in awe. He has such pretty eyes, and his lips are so pink and full, I just want to kiss him....

Oliver clears his throat, and I realize I've been staring at his lips for too long to be normal.

I avert my eyes, looking down at my lap, and attempting to hide the redness tinting my face.

"See something you like?" He asks, his eyes sparkling with amusement.

"Maybe..." I admit softly.

I don't really know what I'm doing. Going with the flow, I guess. We'll see how things turn out.

Oliver eyes widen the tiniest bit. "Yeah? And what might that be?"

"Everything." I say truthfully.

"You've got to be more specific." Oliver says teasingly.

"Your eyes, and your hair, and your everything, really. But especially...your lips."

Oliver inches closer to me on the bed, our hands still connected.

"What about them? What about my lips?" He asks, and Jesus Christ the way he says it is so seductive I want to drown myself in a tub of holy water.

I push all the embarrassment threatening to overwhelm me to the back of my mind. Why be embarrassed about how I feel, right?

"They're so plush and I..." I gulp. "I really want you to kiss me."

Oliver smiles, leaning in until his face is hovering above mine. I take note of the facial hair beginning to grow above his top lip. It's funny how he looks so good no matter what.

His hand leaves mine to caress the side of my face, and I shiver at the feeling.

"You know," he whispers. "All you had to do was ask."

Then his lips are pressed against mine, and I swear to God, kissing him is absolute bliss.

I haven't kissed many people. I have literally no experience in kissing. But I'm pretty sure Oliver is a damn good kisser.

I grip his neck with my hand, pulling him closer to me. He kisses me softly, our lips moving together in a rhythmic yet passionate kiss.

I could stay like this forever.

Oliver places his hand on the small of my back as he deepens the kiss.

We kiss and kiss, until the need for air is absolutely necessary.

Only then do we pull away.

By the time we've separated, I'm breathless, my face flushed.

"I like the effect I have on you." Oliver says with a cocky grin.

I scoff, and gesture down at his crotch. "The effect you have on me? I'm not the one with a boner from just a little kissing."

Oliver pouts, and damn, he looks absolutely adorable. "Heyyyy," he whines. "I can't help it. I missed you."

"More like missed kissing me." I correct.

"Both." He says. "But kissing you is one of my favorite things to do."

"Well, I don't have much experience with kissing you, at least not that I can remember. But I've gotta say that so far, I really like kissing you, too." I admit.

"Obviously. Nobody can resist me." Oliver says dramatically, with a playful glint in his eyes.

"Wanna bet?"

"Depends. What's the bet?"

"That I can resist you."

Oliver shakes his head immediately. "Nope. No. Not doing that bet."

"What?" I taunt. "Scared that I'll win? That I'll be able to resist you?"

"Nah. It's not that." He denies.

"Then what is it?"

"Well, you might be able to resist me." Oliver says, "But I can't resist you."

God, he's so damn sweet and yet incredible cheesy. I can tell he cares about me so much it's unbelievable.

"You're too sweet." I tell him, with a soft smile.

"Only for you." Oliver says deeply, looking me directly in the eyes.

I can't help myself from leaning in to capture his lips with my own once again.

I could get used to this, to kissing him so frequently.

This kiss is short, soft and sweet. Is it weird that with each movement of his lips against mine, I can feel the love he has for me?

We pull away shortly afterwards.

Oliver gives me a small smile. "This is odd. Odd, but I like it."

"What's so odd about it?" I question.

Oliver lifts a shoulder in a half hearted shrug. "You're being really loving with me, you know? All this kissing. You only woke up what, four days ago? I'm practically a stranger, and here you are, kissing me."

"Do you not want me to kiss you?" I ask, slightly self conscious.

"No! It's not that!" He denies instantaneously. "I mean, seriously Kellin? Did you really just ask that?"

"Yes?" I say, but it comes out sounding more like a question.

Oliver lets out a laugh of disbelief. "Obviously you haven't realized how much you mean to me yet. However unhealthy this might sound, I love you more than life itself."

I gape at him. I know he says a lot of sweet things, but I still can't seem to get used to it. The fact that someone like him, so wonderful and great, could love me, is shocking.

Once I've gotten over the initial shock of his words, I can't help the smile that blossoms on my face.

"Really?"

He smiles back at me. "Of course. All I meant before, is that it's odd that you're kissing me like this. I don't mind though. I really don't mind. It's just....I'm a little worried that you might be trying to force yourself to have feelings for me?"

I frown, and grab his hand, intertwining our fingers. I love how his hand feels in mine. Perfect. His hand fits perfectly in mine.

"I wouldn't do that." I tell him. "I wouldn't force myself to feel something I couldn't. Oliver, I have feelings for you. They're pretty deep, honestly. I don't know why I feel like this about you; it's all happened so fast. But I like you. I like you a lot."

"Really? You really like me?" He asks, carrying worry in his voice, and could it be...vulnerability(?).

"I do." I confirm. "Of course I do, you idiot. My mom gave me some advice and now I'm following it."

"What was her advice?" Oliver asks curiously.

"To not think so much. I'm sure you already know this, but I have a bad habit of overthinking everything, including how I feel for people. Especially you. And my mother's advice was to not think so much, and to go with the flow."

"And how's that working out for you?"

"Pretty great. I mean, I got to kiss you, didn't I?"

Oliver nods. "Yes, you did. Any chance you might want to do it again?"

"Of course."

I grin, and pull him down until our lips meet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.3K 3.8K 25
Kellin is hopelessly in love with his best friend Vic and can't shake these feelings, not even after ten years, not even when Vic falls in love with...
10.1K 456 25
Kellin Quinn is new to this side of town after his parents spiral out of a divorce. Kellin has to make his way in a new school dealing with bullies...
135K 7K 37
"I used to hate my life, hate myself, hate everything around me until I met this one boy who changed my life." |completed July 10th 2016|
44.8K 1.8K 37
- Sequel to Cuts- Kellin struggles to recover from his trauma and Vic struggles to see his husband in pain, leading to a bad decision that has catast...