never again // n.h.

By brvnette

"never again will i let anyone hurt you." More

Intro
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Note
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty

Chapter Twenty-Nine

346 6 0
By brvnette

Niall's POV ~  

Riley came running towards me, tears streaming down her face. She still had five songs to do, but I knew she wouldn't be able to regain composure.

I pulled her into a hug, kissing the top of her head as sobs racked her body. "Shh," I soothed. "It's okay, princess. I'm here. I'm not leaving. Don't cry baby." I rubbed her lower back, desperately trying to comfort her and not break down myself.

I managed to lock eyes with Liam and he started his way over. He pulled me and Riley into a hug and kissed the top of her head. "You don't have to go back out, love," Liam whispered. "The boys and I have got you covered."

"And I'm not leaving until you've calmed down," I murmured, catching Riley's gaze. I gently cupped her face and carefully kissed the tip of her nose. I felt like if I added anymore pressure, she'd crack like glass.

"Louis can sing your parts," Liam smiled at me.

"Louis can do what?" Louis asked, referring to himself in third person. Luckily, this caused Riley to chuckle a little.

"Sing my parts," I laughed, pulling Riley closer to me. "You lot are gonna finish up Riley's set."

"We'll start with Stand Up," Liam started. "Then we'll go to She's Not Afraid." I tuned out the last-minute set list, until Liam started snapping in my face. "Earth to Niall..."

"Sorry, what?"

"I said, you'll join us when we start our scheduled set, okay? Stay with Riley until she's alright. We'll find a way to tell the fans your backstage."

"Thanks, Li," Riley smiled tearily. "You're the best."

"Hey!" Zayn and Louis said in unison, mocking faux hurt. They clutched their chests dramatically, Louis even dropping to his knees for effect.

"You lot are a handful..." Harry rolled his eyes.

"Haaaaaaz!" Louis whined, grabbing at his chest yet again.

"Just get your arses out there," I laughed, rolling my eyes.

The boys grabbed their respective microphones and earpieces leaving mine untouched on the table. The boys ran out on stage, the fans screaming. Riley and I peeked out from the wings; surprise and confusion was written on a few faces, but the rest were full of excitement. I grabbed Riley's hand and pulled her towards the dressing rooms.

To Liam Payne 

Ri and I are back in the dressing rooms, so text me when you need me xx

Liam Payne  

Alright mate. See you in a few x

I hopped down onto a sofa and pulled Riley into my lap. She was still crying a little, so I kissed away her tears, making sure to softly tickle her sides.

"Niall... stop..." she giggled, breathless from laughter. "Please!"

I moved my fingers from her sides and gently caressed her face. "I'm so proud of you," I whispered against her lips. "Putting yourself out there is hard, but now everyone knows the real you."

I watched her eyes drop, then screw shut. "Not really..." she whispered so quietly I could've missed it easily.

"Riley...?" I questioned worriedly.

She kept her eyes closed as she spoke. "I swore I'd never speak of this, but because we promised no more secrets -"

"Riley, look at me," I begged. My grip on her hands tightened as her pure blue eyes locked with mine.

"It was my mum's birthday. I was eleven," she started, her eyes fogging over as memories flashed before her eyes.

Riley's POV ~ 

"I was eleven..."

~

We had travelled back to London, to my Mum Mum's home, so my mum could visit with her family. I mean, she was turning the big 4-0, so my dad happily drove the nine hours without complaint.

Niall had complained the week before about not seeing me for three days, but I promised him I'd IM him everyday. And that was the first thing I did when we reached my Mum Mum's. After I greeted my family, of course.

I made sure to smile and hug my uncles, leaving Uncle Mike, my favourite, for last. I kissed all my aunts on the cheek and chatted with Mum Mum and Pop Pop for ten minutes. After the small talk, I ran upstairs to the computer and signed online to IM.

Username: SmileyRiley1543 

Password: •••••••••••

I was instantly greeted with the familiar chime of Niall's IM tone and laughed as his screen name popped up on the monitor.

FootballChamp500: Hi Riley! I miss you already.

SmileyRiley1543: I miss you too, Nialler. I'll be home soon though. It'll be like I never left.

FootballChamp500: No it won't, liar. :P

SmileyRiley1543: Yes it will, silly. :P

FootballChamp500: No, because now I have no plans. And Greg is out with his friends all weekend, so I can't play football.

SmileyRiley1543: Sorry, Nialler. Have a tea party with mum?

FootballChamp500: Funny...

SmileyRiley1543: Um... I don't know. Hangout with Seth!

FootballChamp500: Seth is sick you idiot. I seriously have nothing to do. It's all your mum's fault.

SmileyRiley1543: Yep. It's my mum's fault that she was born. Because that makes sense.

FootballChamp500: You read too into things.

SmileyRiley1543: You love me anyway (:

FootballChamp500: I kind of have to. You're my neighbour.

SmileyRiley1543: Hurtful :'(

FootballChamp500: Sorry :P but I guess I can finally learn guitar!

SmileyRiley1543: AND YOU CAN TEACH ME WHEN I GET BACK :D

FootballChamp500: Done deal (:

I looked up from the monitor when I heard a creaking sound coming from behind me. "Hey, kiddo," Uncle Mike smiled, stepping into the room. He closed the door behind him and sat down fairly close to me.

"Hi Uncle Mike," I said, returning the grin.

SmileyRiley1543: Hey, I'm gonna go. Uncle Mike wants to catch up. See you soon! Love you xx

I signed off of IM and turned to face my favourite uncle. There was something off about him though, and because I was eleven, I couldn't put my finger on it.

But being naïve, I brushed it aside and sat on his lap. Something jabbed into my bum, though, causing me to wiggle around on his lap. "Do you have something in your pocket, Uncle Mike?" I asked innocently, completely unaware of anything.

"You're just so beautiful, Riley," he whispered, stroking my face and hair. His lips captured my own and I wasn't sure what to do. I've only kissed Uncle Mike when I had to go back home, but I just arrived. Why was he kissing me?

I tried to pull away to ask him, but he held me in place. I struggled in his grasp as he forced his hand down my pants... 

~

"I-I-I c-can't," I sobbed, turning away from Niall. I felt so ashamed. I let my uncle touch me like that. I let him...

The thought sent a whole new set of tears through my body. I sat on the sofa shaking, my knees pulled to my chest, my back to Niall. I didn't dare turn around to see his expression. I already knew what it would be.

Disgust.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194 2 1
1.7K 21 5
*previously posted on @harrehstylesfan*
13 0 1
363 12 11