Saved by an Angel (a Castiel...

By black_smoke_angel

When an unknown force pulls Kristena Singer and her older brother, Dean from Hell, they come face to face wit... More

Saved by an Angel (a Castiel love story)
Chapter 2: Can you hear me?
chapter 3: What I Witnessed
Chapter 4: ...Bastard...
Chapter 5: Professor Cas
Chapter 6: Sooooooo Busted (damn)
Chapter 7: Power Up
Chapter 8: Make a Wish
Chapter 9: Graceless
Chapter 10: Mind Meld
Chapter 11: Coffee!!
Chapter 12: Give Me a Break
Chapter 13: Supernatural-the Book!
Chapter 14: Broken
Chapter 15: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 16: Brainwashed
Chapter 17: The End?
Chapter 18: All On My Own
Chapter 19: Threats and a Pep Talk
Author Note
Chapter 20: We've had this Conversation
Chapter 21: I'll do What I Want
Chapter 22: This is Awkward...
Chapter 24: I Don't Get Holidays
Chapter 25: Dying and Still Kicking Ass
Chapter 26: Death is on My Side
Chapter 27: Finale

Chapter 23: Memory

16.6K 427 321
By black_smoke_angel

Quick A/N: this one is going to be mostly a filler chapter. But I also wanted to write this one because I thought it might be funny.

Kristy's POV:

I'm dreaming. I can tell I'm dreaming. That is, until I start reliving a memory. I have this feeling Cas has something to do with it, seeing as we're sleeping together. But here is:

I sat across from Sam and Dean, eating a stack of chocolate chip pancakes almost as tall as me. Dean had eaten half of them-the ass, but there was still enough to make me carsick in about an twenty minutes when we got back on the road.

"This looks like a case for us," Sam said, spinning his laptop around to face me.

Lately, I've been helping to decide where our cases are, even though that's usually Sammy's area of expertise.

"Yeah," I said after scanning through the article.

"What does it say?" Dean asked, looking left out.

"A couple got a little too intimate and ate each other," Sam answered and I frowned, looking down at my pancakes.

"Like...ate ate each other?" Dean asked, putting extra emphasis on the first 'ate'.

"Like, full on cannabalism," Sam specified.

I made a face and shoved my pancakes away from myself. Dean immediately jumped on them, drowning them in mapel syrup and digging in. I looked at the stack mournfully. I would really like to finish one meal without being grossed out, puking, or having some catastrophe happen that causes me to stop eating.

"Sorry, Kris," Sam told me apologetically, "I'll buy you an ice cream later if you want."

I nodded dispondantly.

"That would be great, if I could finish it."

He smiled over at me sympathetically. It wasn't long before we were on the road and investigating the bodies. At the second body, Sam found something on the heart. He asked me to look at it and I did. It was a symbol and it was kinda familiar...

"I know what this is," I said, more to myself than them.

"Great," Dean said impatiently, "What is it?"

"Enochian," I answered, looking up at him, "the language of the Angels."

"Alright then," he said gesturing to the heart still under the magnifying glass, "care to translate?"

"It basically means that two people are meant to be-mates, soulmates, parnters. Call it what you may."

"What does it have to do with the victims?" Sam asked.

I shrugged.

"I can only translate. And not anything complicated at that."

Sam and Dean exchanged glances then both of them stared at me.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Well...are you gonna call Cas?" Sam asked.

"Oh. Sure," I said.

Cassie!

Yes love?

We need your help. It's kind of your area of expertise.

"What is that you need help with?" Cas asked suddenly, pulling me close for a kiss.

The awkward part about all this...there was blood all over my hands and wrists from the vital organs. When I pulled away there was blood on his hands and his trench coat. He glanced down at himself and I grimaced slightly.

"Uh...hey love," I said awkwardly, but he just smiled over at me.

In a flash, the blood was gone from his hands and coat.

"There's a symbol here. I think I translated it right, but we don't know what it has to do with the deaths of these people. We thought you might know because it's in Enochian," I explained.

He leaned by my to look at what I pointed at. It took him only a second before he nodded.

"Yes, you did, well done," he said and I grinned up at him.

"Hello? Earth to Cas!" Dean said rudely.

Cas grimaced and turned to my older brother.

"What does it mean? What does it have to do with the case?"

"I believe it is the work of a cupid. These usually appear when two people have been touched by one."

I wondered if my heart had one of those symbols. And then I decided I'd rather not see me own heart to find out.

"Cupid?"

"They're a lower level of angel. 3rd class to be exact."

"Isn't cupid the baby in the diaper?"

I laughed despite myself and missed Cas's answer. I could just imagine an evil baby in a diaper going around and making people eat each other.

Cas took us to a restaurant that he thought the cupid would be at. I took a seat next to Cas in the booth and ordered a steak with some fries. Sam gave me a look when I asked for what I wanted but I replied with a cool challenging one instead.

"You owe me ice cream," I said as the waitress set down our food.

"I know," he said somewhat mournfully.

Dinner wasn't anything special. We all chatted idly. Excpet for Dean. He just stared into space silently.

"Dean, are you going to eat that?" Cas asked suddenly.

Dean blinked over at him.

"No."

To my amazement, Cas reached over and began eating his barbeque bacon burger.

"Cas...do you want fries?" I asked.

He looked at me like I was crazy.

"I don't need to eat. I'm an angel."

I looked pointedly at the burger in his hands. He looked down at it too, seeming surprised to see it. Before I could ask him anything else, there was a little whirlwind and suddenly a couple in the booth across from ours began making out.

"He's here," Cas said, standing up and shoving the last of the burger in his mouth.

"That's attractive," I commented, jokingly sarcastic.

He grinned over at me and helped me from the booth. All four of us went out back into the night air. Just before Castiel started to summon and reveal the cupid, he turned to me.

"You might want to get behind me for this."

It was unlike him to try and pull me from a fight-except for that time with Anna, but I like to think that was a misjudgement on his part and a bit of an overreaction on mine. But otherwise, Cas has never told me that anything is 'too dangerous' for me.

"Why?" I asked.

"You'll see in a moment."

Even though I'm extremely curious about what in the world Cas is protecting me from, I hide behind him as he calls out the Enochian incantation. A little whirlwind happened and when I peeked out from behind Cas, a fat naked man turned around. I immediately ducked behind Cas again, hoping he hadn't seen me.

"Brother!" the man said and wrapped beefy arms around Cas, lifting him off the ground in a hug.

When Cas was set down again, the cupid turned and went to Dean, giving him a big hug too. Dean, who was set down beside us, looked at Cas in horror.

"What the hell was that?" he demanded.

"That's their greeting," Cas told him.

"I don't like it," Dean growled.

I had to agree.

"No one likes it," Cas replied, not moving an inch so that I was covered by his body.

After setting Sam down, the cupid spun around, looking at Dean and Cas carefully, a cheerful smile on his face.

"I sense someone else," he said.

I pressed my forehead into Cas's back, praying the cupid wouldn't find me...

"Here she is!" Dean called pointing me out.

"You son of a bitch," I snarl, my eyes lighting with fury.

Dean cackles and get out of the line of fire as cupid comes over to hug me. I put my hands out in a staying gesture.

"Really, it's okay, pretend I'm not even here...I have a boyfriend-slash-soulmate you know. I don't think he likes this."

"Oh nonsense," he said and pulled me in for a hug.

I grimaced through the entire thing, feeling extremely gross by the time he set me down. Cas pulled me back as I made a face.

"What just happened?" I asked glancing up at him wide eyed.

He mirrored my grimace and hugged me to him.

"That's why I told you to stay behind me."

"If it weren't for Dean I probably would have gotten by."

"Oh...." the cupid said suddenly, giving us knowing looks, "you two are together. I can see it now. Oh you were big talk amongst the cupids."

I frowned and gesture between Cas and I as I said,

"We were?" I asked incredulously.

"Of course. One of the cupids put you two together on mystery orders. Heaven was furious," he said.

I met Cas's eyes, both of us confused and quiestioning. Who ordered us to be together?

"Where's Cas's mark, since his vessel must already have one?" I asked.

Cupid grinned over at me.

"It's on his true form. If you could look at, you'd see it."

Actually, I could see it. And while the cupid was talking to Sam and Dean about their parents, I used my powers to take a look. Sure enough, it was there, printed proudly on his blinding form. It was amazing...words can't even describe what I saw.

When Cas and I tuned into what was happening again, the cupid was gone.

"You offended him, didn't you?" I accused Dean.

"No," he said and I raised an eyebrow.

"Yes," he admitted and turned around to stalk back into the restaurant.

I laughed and turned to walk with Cas back into the restaurant.

Fast forward several hours and I was facing off against Famine with Dean. It turned out Cas acquired a taste for red meat from his vessel. Sam began craving demon blood again. But Dean and I, we were fine. Neither of us had cravings. Dean just said he was well adjusted. That is, of course, until we met Famine and Dean got toasted. And I don't mean he was literally burnt, but he sort of got his ass kicked-verbally that is. Famine told him that inside he was dead and Dean got this horrified look on his face that totally told me it was true. Then, of course, Famine just had to turn his attention to me.

"And you. Kristena Singer. Come here."

Okay, I generally love and respect old people. But Famine was pretty creepy. And kinda mean. But I stepped up to his wheel chair. He motioned for me to squate down beside him. Warily I did so, clenching my jaw against the offensive smell he gave off.

"You're not human. You don't feel urges the way humans do," he said, squinting at me with black soulless eyes, "but you starve yourself in lesser ways. Like with your powers."

Things started flying around the room and I realized it was because of me. These were my powers. A couple of the demons gripped their heads, crying out in pain. Everyone's thoughts swam in my head in a buzzing frenzy. Some of them didn't even speak English, but I heard them. Then things really went down hill. Images flashed across my vision and I fell to the floor grabbing my head in agony. Too many things, words, people, events, urges, words, thoughts in my head. Two faces stood out.

The first, a sweet looking girl with a cautious expression on her face. Her eyes were a deep, velvety green, her skin pale and smooth. Her hair was long, the color of raven feathers. The second was also a girl. She had a fierce, badass expression on her face. Her eyes were the color of rust and her hair was light brown, nearly blond. She had a scar across her left cheek and down the right side of her forhead, dipping into her eyebrow.

But soon enough, they were pretty much lost in a sea of premonitions. It would be later that I recalled their faces and wondered who they were....

"Kristy, wake up," Sam says, leaning over me.

"Sam?" I slur groggily.

He grins down at me.

"Hey, sis. You slept like the dead."

"You mean like I actually slept?" I ask.

"Yeah, you've been out for almost a day."

I stare at him in outrage.

"And you didn't wake me?!" I demand.

Has he lost his damn mind?!

"You were sleeping pretty well for once. We didn't want to wake you. Don't worry, nothing happened while you were out. Cas came to check on you, but that's it."

He hands me a coffee and stands up, throwing my bag on the end of the bed.

"Hurry up and get dressed," Dean calls from the table his eyes focused on...cartoon smut, "we have a case in Idaho."

As I pass him I say playfully, "that's right you are, you dirty slut!"

And then I get ready to go hunt.

A/N: Okay I'll be quick.

1.) Who do you picture playing Kristy? A celebrity or a person? Please tell me!!

2.) Can you guess who those two girls she saw were?

3.) Ooh someone ordered the cupids to put Cas and Kris together!!!

4.) Team Freewill!!!

5.) Power couple name: Castena or Kristiel?

That is all, lovely people ;P

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187 61 61
In the spellbinding world of "Farren," the first installment of the gripping "Darkness Series," a young woman's life is forever altered when she find...
49.9K 1.6K 36
It's not easy for being a demon, but being the princess of hell, it's twice as hard. When Victoria was twelve years old, she tried to sell her soul f...
2.4K 103 32
Castiel has been sent by Heaven to be your guardian angel. He watches over you, but he realises that he is watching you a lot more than he should. He...
4.3K 271 41
My brother's had their story, I had mine. I didn't know they existed, until I died... I was a psychic, I knew that, but I never expected to be stuck...