Me is who you did last summer...

By BoyanaNikolova

Fifth Harmony? There is no such a thing anymore. Year after the group official break-up, Camila is the only o... More

Is there a chance for us?
Don't assume things next time!
Am I in love with you?
What happened with you?
The voice of an angel.
I have nothing against it.
I'll be your soldier.
The past is coming with full forces.
She is my future.
I love you.
You get what you deserve.
Taking the bullet for you.
I promise.
"Always put you first"
ATTENTION PLEASE

Where did the time go?

10.3K 198 50
By BoyanaNikolova

*year ago*

No one's POV

" We can't keep doing this to ourselves and to our fans." Normani was sitting on the bed of her hotel room. "It's wrong in so many ways." she shook her head.

"I think you are right." Ally spoke. The girl who was always so smiley had the most serious face of all. "First of all, we are hurting ourselves. We are doing something we are not happy about anymore. The pressure is too much, we can't have a normal break and it's affecting us." her tone was having a note of concern and her eyes darted across the four girls. "Second reason is our fans. We keep giving them wrong hopes and then we are hurting them. These are the people who deserve the less of all of this. After all they are the one who made our dreams come true." all girls nooded and the oldest one continue to talk. "Every one of us here has the different ideas of their future and we keep pulling each others, because of the fans. The most appropriate thing to do is just call it quit.Let's all of us chase the dream future, no matter what will be.We will have each other back and we will always be friend. That's something that no one can takes from us, right?" the note of optimism in the girls voice quickly faded and silence surrounded the girls.

After what felt like minutes of silence, Lauren decided to step in.

"I do believe we will stay friends after this." her green eyes darted across the room and made a contact with brown ones. Immediately the contact was broken by the smaller girl and the look of hurt in Lauren's eyes was evident. She quickly shrugged it and continued. "We've been together for 3 years and we spent almost every day of the years together. This is not something you can forget that easily." she stood up and started walking across the room, opening the window. It was a sunny day in California and she needed the fresh air. The tension in the room was making her sick. "I support everyone here and I see we all hurting each other by doing this. And I hate seeing you hurt guys."

There was a little mocking giggle from across the room, so Lauren turned around. She knew who it was coming from but she still wanted to be sure. Her heart broke at this moment. Her anger get the best of her and her tone changed.

"Whatever." she said rudely and startled the other girls. "I know the group is over. Let's just fucking face it and end with this shit." all the girls knew that when Lauren is angry she swears a lot.

"Hey, Laur, chill, we don't need to end it that fast." the youngest girl spoke for the first time this day.

"Don't tell me to fucking chill. I'm done. I don't care who will announce the break up, I won't be here for it. Wish you all the best here." the raven haired girl anger blew up and she made her way to the door, slamming it loud after exiting the room.

"Great job, Camila. Just great." Dinah huffed and shook her head, look of disappointment on her face.

----

*Present days*

Lauren's POV

"So,we are here with Camila Cabello." Ryan said pointing to the girl.

Lauren groaned and turned up the volume a little bit more.

"She has some exciting news for you guys.You're turn, Camila."

'Sure she has.' Lauren thought t herself. 'Why I am keep doing this to myself? I should just move one.' But that was easily said than done. She was repeating this to herself for a year now and she is still here listening to Camila's husky voice.

"Hey guys." the voice rang from the radio and Lauren stopped at red light. "So I have something exiting to tell you before I perform my single." Lauren hadn't heard the song and she was saying to herself she won't hear anything from the girl.But something in her was dying to hear the song that she knew was blowing the charts. "I'm gonna have a concert at Madison Square Garden next month. The tickets will be on sale tomorrow at 9/8c time. Get ready, because what the crew and I planned will blow your mind." she chuckled. "Now, Ryan, let's get to the singing part." she laughed again and Lauren's heart started beating faster. She'll buy a ticket for that concert for sure. She always Knew Camila's dream was concert in Madison Square Garden.

"So, here we go people, Camila Cabello and her single 'I know what you did last summer'. Enjoy." and then the guitar started playing. Lauren was in front of her university, but she stayed in the car to hear the song. Camila's voice rang a couple seconds after that.

Ah-ah, he-ey
Ah-ah, ah-ah
Ah-ah, he-ey
Ah-ah, ah-ah

He knows

dirty secrets that I keep

Does he know that it's killing me?

He knows, he knows

D-d-does he know?

The little run she did made Lauren smile. 'She still got it.' she thought

Another's hands have touched my skin

I won't tell him where I've been.

He knows, he knows, he knows

These lines made Lauren feels familiar, but she shrugged it and continued to listen the song.

It's tearing me apart

He's slipping away. (He's sleeping away)

Am I just hanging to all the words he used to say?

The pictures on his phone

He's not coming home (Yeah, he's not coming home)

Coming home, coming home.

I know what you did last summer

Just lied to me "there's no other"

I know what you did last summer

Tell me where you've been

And then it all clicked to Lauren. These lyrics were written about her. "Holy shit." she whispered and continued listening.

I know what you did last summer

Look me in the eyes, my lover

I know what you did last Summer

Tell me where you've been

I know, I know, I know.

Can't seem to let you go, can't seem to hold you close.

I know.

Lauren closed her eyes remembering everything and tears started falling. She continued listening anyway.

When he looks me in the eyes

They don't seem as bright

No more, no more

I know

That he loved me at one time

Would I promised him that night

Cross my heart and hope to die.

It's tearing me apart

He's slipping away. (He's sleeping away)

Am I just hanging to all the words he used to say?

The pictures on his phone

He's not coming home (Yeah, he's not coming home)

Coming home, coming home.

Camila's voice then changed going to a deep one.

Can't seem to let you go, can't seem to keep you close.

Tell me where you've been lately?

I know you didn't mean it, though. I want to know you mean it, though.

I can't seem to let you go, can't seem to hold you close .

I know what you did last summer

Just lied to me "there's no other"

I know what you did last summer

Tell me where you've been

I know what you did last summer

Look me in the eyes, my lover

I know what you did last Summer

Tell me where you've been

I know, I know, I know.

Can't seem to let you go, can't seem to hold you close.

I know.

Camila whispered the last words. "Thank you guys, see you at Madison Square Garden next month.Love you all." and then Lauren turned the radio off.

That's when she had the proper time to think. She need to see the girl and she was going to buy tickets.

Lauren didn't know what she felt. Was it this guilt, coming with the memories of what happened. Was it regret of doing in? No, right now Lauren felt anger. She felt so angry at the smaller girl. Who is she to write a song about her. She doesn't know shit, because she never gave the chance to Lauren to explain herself. She just ran and shut her. Lauren was going to tell her the truth this time no matter what this cost. She locked her car and went to the campus of New York University.

*the next day*

The alarm of Lauren's phone was so loud that even a deaf person would hear it. She just pressed the Sneeze button and rubbed her eyes..

'Shit.' she cursed and grab her phone immediately looking the time. 'Oh, good the tickets should be on sale in minutes.'

She waited a little and when internet blew she quickly bought 4 VIP tickets. After that she threw her phone on the bed and got up to do her morning routine.

Her wardrobe is pretty boring. Her black jeans which hugged her curves perfectly, black crop top and black boots. Letting her hair naturally, she but her iconic leather jacket, grabbed her cat keys and locked the door after closing it.

Starting the engine, she decided to make a call. After the third ring, voice rang from the other side.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Mani bear. Sup?" the smile on Lauren's face grew

"Laur. Nothing. Just drinking coffee with Dinah and Ally. What's up with you?"

"Oh, tell them I said hi. Nothing much, I have some news." her tone changed to a little nervous

'Okay? What is going on, Lauren? Is someone dead?'

'Oh, God, no, no, Normani.God no,I hope no.I just don't know if it's good or a bad news."

"C'mon, Lauren spill it. Ally and Dinah are practically suffocating me here." It was heard a groan from the other side of the phone.

'IboughtticketsforCamilasconcert" Lauren sais so fast that she was actually sure Normani didn't understood.

"You what? And slow it a little, yeah?"

"I bought us tickets for Camila's show in Madison Square Garden next month." Lauren repeated more confidentially this time.

"You what?" there was a scream. "She is going to have a show in MSG? Did you at least bought VIP tickets?" Lauren was sure the voice was of her Polynesian friend.

"Yeah, I did. You are not mad?" Lauren was shocked

"No, why would be, she is our friend, even though we lost contact." Dinah answered quickly.

"I just, it's all my fault. And then I-I heard her song. Have you heard her new song?" Lauren asked

The silence from the other side spoken for itself.

"You did, didn't you?" her anger got the best of her and she made a quick left turn taking another direction.

"Look, Lauren, yeah we did hear it, but we are not sure that it's for you, right?" that was Ally voice and she was trying to get to Lauren speaking softly.

"Aren't we, Ally?" putting her foot on the gas pedal harshly she was speeding really fast. "I know what you did last summer? Weren't we together back then or I was just dreaming?"

"Okay, come to Mani's apartment and we will speak, you are right." Dinah's voice rang and she hung up.

There was a little bit of a traffic in New York and Lauren took that time to think.

'They heard it and didn't tell me. They know the truth and still kept it from me. Why? Am I that pathetic? Of course I am. I fell in love with my best friend. The fucked up everything. Then I had problem with drinking and now I bought tickets for her concert. I am pathetic. What am I doing with my life? I should be in lecture right now, but of course, she come in my life for a minutes and change it.Gosh, stupid, Lauren, that's what you are.'

The raven haired girl parked her car, entered the building and went to the elevator. Pushing the button for 11th floor, she leaned on the wall and shook her head. Couple of minutes later she heard the sound, indicating her floor and she walked to Normani's front door. She knocked 3 times in a special musical way, which was their signature for recognition. The door flew open couple of seconds later and Lauren was dragged inside by the sleeve.

"Woow, easy there Dinah, this is my baby." Lauren brushed her leather's jacket sleeve and took a seat on the couch.

"Why the fuck did you bought these tickets, Lauren?" Normani was immediately the one going straight to the topic.

"Easy there, Normani." Ally pointed a finger to the girl.

"Get over yourself, Ally." Dinah suited herself across the green eyed girl. "Now, talk Jauregui."

Lauren put her head in her hands. "I need to tell her, Dinah. She needs to know the truth, I need to let it go. And she doesn't have the right to sign 'I know' when she knows nothing about it. You know it wasn't my fault. You guys know I loved her with everything I have. And she needs to know it too. Because even a year later, she still is everything I think about." the raven haired girl was crying right now and everyone who knows her could tell she doesn't cry.

Normani was the first to act and she pulled the girl for a hug. "You are right, Laur. She needs to know. Even if it doesn't work out, you can't keep blaming yourself for something that wasn't your fault. And until you don't let it go, you can't move one. We are in for this, right girls?" Normani looked at the other two girls.

"Of course." They both said in unison.

"We only want to see you happy, Jauregui." Dinah concluded and the girls felt into another topics from there.

A/N: The story came literally from nowhere. I saw the cover photo on twitter (keykamin,cred's to her for the cover, go follow her she is amazing) and then I heard the song and just came to me. English is not my first language so sorry for the mistakes. Expect an edit soon. Love yall xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.8K 464 29
Lauren is going through pain after Camila left fifth harmony because she never got to tell Camila how she felt about her. SLOW UPDATES
159 9 1
Camila Cabello already plan to reunite with her old bandmates. Sooner or later in life, in the near future of course. She still feel bad and guilty...
9.5K 246 5
It's been three years since Camila left Fifth Harmony, but when she's told she's writing a song with Lauren, the Cuban doesn't know what to do. Will...
621K 10.9K 34
Fifth Harmony were slowly but surely taking the world over with their music. Winning a VMA and having platinum singles felt like they were finally ma...