Dragon Wizard - NaNoWriMo 2015

By gracenow

With her dragon wizard powers, Eve is capable of defeating anything. However, at a school with more than one... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Author's Note

Chapter 15

19 0 0
By gracenow

Chapter Fifteen

The school's library was by far the biggest room I've ever been in. There was so much room that I could get lost if I didn't have Tela and Ashely with me. Gwen and Monica had to work today so they couldn't join us, which was okay because I feel like if there were too many people here to help me, we'd all get distracted by something.

Tela led us to a corner of the library with Greater Mind wizard books. There weren't many due to many factors. Greater Minds have no boundaries so they really don't need to write it down when any one of them could just figure it out without even being told. Also they don't like to share their secrets. Lastly, about 80% of them end up going crazy, and their aren't many to begin with so thats like three of every four go crazy.

I honestly think my Greater Mind professor is one of those gone crazy as well. Like there is some kind of impending doom that no one knows about but him and its just him against the world. Tela agrees with that theory.

Ashely wasn't much help because she's a warrior, not a wizard. She does most of her learning out in the field that Simon brought me to the first time I ever came here. She mostly focused on helping me with what I missed in our joint classes while Tela helped me a lot with my wizard classes. They were a pretty good team actually.

We spent the morning in the library then ate lunch in the pretty much dead dinning room. Apparently on days off people like to stay in their rooms, or head into the city. The city is called Gempree and it 'only' has 5 million creatures living in it. As if that is a small number for a city according to Ashely. Tela thinks its huge.

"What can we do for the rest of the day?" I asked the two after we were finished eating lunch.

Tela shrugged, "you're a very quick learner so we could go into the courtyard and practice magic if you'd like. But if you want to chill, that's okay too."

"Actually," Ashely seemed a little nervous, "I have to head to the field and do a little bit of practicing for about an hour or so. You guys can come if you'd like, I won't take all that long."

"Sure, I'll come!" I smiled, "are all students allowed to work out in there or whatever you guys call it?"

Tela nodded, "yea, we can get some excursive done while you do your thing."

We all smiled. Sounded like a good plan to me. I haven't worked out in a whole week. Not since last Monday when everything started to happen. My body was definitely starting to feel it and this is probably also what I needed to really clear my mind.

The field had only two other students running around and using weapons I've never seen before. Ashely brought us back to the girls change room and let me use some of her shorts that were clean because I was in jeans while Tela was in leg gins so she said she didn't need anything. She even had a hair elastic for me to use, which was really nice for her.

Ashley had started by running laps then went onto doing some of the drills she had been learning. She wasn't fluid with them, mostly just stiff, so she wanted to work on not thinking so hard about them and rather just doing it like she'd been doing it forever.

I stretched first and Tela looked at me with surprise, "holy crap, you're really flexible."

I laughed lightly, "gymnastics and cheerleading will do that to a person."

That made her laugh as she tried to stretch but she wasn't as good as me. Then we took on running laps. Tela was at least a foot taller than me and that gave her an advantage because she could run faster than me. And she was pretty good at it too.

After that it was pretty much just me trying to teach her some cheerleading things. Though she could hardly even do a cartwheel. It was still pretty fun. After a while Tela had to sit down and I went on doing my own thing until Ashely finally came over.

"What is it that you are doing?" She asked me curiously. "Where'd you learn it all from?"

"I used to take gymnastic classes and was on the cheerleading team."

Tela scoffed, "with moves like that I bet you weren't just on the cheer team."

I smiled a little, "yea I was cheer captain." Then I beamed with happiness, "got it my second semester of high school after the cheer captain at the time broke her ankle and then graduated."

This made Tela smile, "see, this means you're the best. Best at cheerleading and best at magic."

I rolled my eyes, "just because I'm a Greater Mind does not mean I'm the best at magic."

She raised her eye brows at me, "no I'm talking about your tattoo."

I glanced down at it then looked at her, "you can see it?"

"See what?" Ashely asked. "I thought you didn't have a tattoo yet."

We were all quiet while tried so badly to send a message to Tela to not say anything about it. But she didn't look like she was getting the hint. "I don't have it yet," I said to Ashely before Tela could say anything. "I have other tattoos but not the wizard one yet. I'm just hoping it will come soon."

Ashley smiled, "alright, well lets go relax somewhere because I'm tired already."

I nodded and smiled back but it fell off my face as soon as she turned away from me. I knew it was a bad idea to wear a tank top to work out. I glanced at Tela but she was looking at me a little too angry for me to look at her very long. So I turned away and followed Ashely.

It didn't help that it was getting harder to hide the dragon. It was now from my armpit to my inner elbow. It still had its eyes closed as if it was sleeping and was more stretched out except for the tail at my armpit that wrapped around my arm. Jaden hadn't said anything about it this morning so I figured that if I took off my sweater to work out, I'd be fine.

Maybe its just a Greater Mind thing.

I put back on my jeans and sweater and re-joined Tela and Ashely. That was when Monica walked in looking very excited. She pulled Ashely off to the side to tell her something and I was stuck with Tela for the moment.

"We need to ditch them," she whispered to me and I looked at her horrified. "What?" She asked, a little offended, "I have to show you something important."

I hesitated but she looked a little urgent so I told Ashely that I needed to call my mom because I felt a little homesick and followed Tela out.

We ended up back in the library however she led me all the way up to the top floor which was a little tiring. Up there were books all about fairies and I guess it was all the way up here so that maybe they could just fly up. I obviously don't know a lot about this world yet.

But Tela made sure there was no one there before leading me to a door that was tucked in the corner behind a pile of books. Obviously no one used this door. "What are we doing?" I whisper-yelled at Tela. She was starting to really freak me out.

She 'sh'ed me then whispered, "help me move these books." Then she went straight for a stack and carried them over to the nearest table and set them beside it. When she came back for another load she looked at me expectantly.

I caved and helped her move the dusty books out of the way of the door. When we finally had all of them out of the way, I finally got a good look at it.

It made me suck in a breath and hold it. Tela smiled at me when I did and then I let out my breath, "what is that?"

The door was the same height as Tela and was pitch black. All of the doors in this place were dark brown so it was a little weird to see this door is a different colour. On top of that there was a snake-like creature pattern engraved in the door itself. I stepped closer to it to get a better look and almost stepped back when I found the head and realized it was actually a dragon engraved on the door.

"When did you find this?" I asked Tela, I sounded a little breathless. As if I had been running for hours, but really I was surprised.

I wanted to go inside for some reason.

"My first year I was helping my fairy friend try to transform into her fairy form up here and I could see it but she couldn't." She stood next to me and smiled, "I told Headmaster Arroyo about it and he said that maybe it meant I had to show it to someone else one day."

"And you figured that was me?" I asked and looked at her a little unsure.

"Well not at first," she admitted and looked a little nervous. "I had actually kind of forgotten about it in my fourth year because I started giving up finding someone who could open it, or even just see it for that matter. But then today, you have a dragon tattoo..."

I took a minute to think about it. Well, Headmaster Arroyo said that my mark was different. Maybe it meant I could open doors like this, doors with dragons on them. Maybe there was more to it, I'm still not sure how this whole tattoo thing is supposed to go. No one has really filled me in on it.

"Do you think I can open it?" I asked Tela, this was probably one of the scariest things I've ever done.

She shrugged, "if you want to. I used to think this door was just waiting for someone to come along and open it so it could share all of its secrets."

I took another minute to think about it. I'm at a magic school on another planet surrounded by all things that I don't understand and there may or may not be a door right in front of me waiting for me to come along and open it for god knows how long.

"Let's open it," I decided. I don't have anything to loose really.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 319 18
*Book 4 of Reuniting The Council Series* After being a guardian for many years of her life, Crystal finally is relieved of her duties. But at the end...
21.9K 1.8K 60
Everly "Eve" Dawn has been a part of the supernatural world for twenty years now and is ready to live up to the family name of hunting other supernat...
114 2 19
I sat down next to her and cried on her. "Don't leave," was all I managed when I noticed she wasn't breathing. I didn't want to believe she just die...
324K 4.4K 58
Charlie was just you average seventeen year old half werewolf, quarter vampire, quarter witch mix trying to live her life. Then her grandmother who w...