Popular Nerd

By Random_Teenager

Nathan Johnson is the nerdiest guy in school- everyone knows it. But Paige Heartfield couldn't help but see s... More

Chapter One// The School Nerd
Chapter Two// His Phone
Chapter Four// His House
Chapter Five// The Real Me
Chapter Six// Please
Chapter Seven// New Guy
Chapter Eight// Football Practice
Chapter Nine// Dinner
Chapter Ten// Who Is He?
Chapter Eleven// History Project
Chapter Twelve// Don't Cry
Chapter Thirteen// Strange
Chapter Fourteen// That's New
Chapter Fifteen// Laura's Party (Part 1)
Chapter Sixteen// Laura's Party (Part 2)
Chapter Seventeen// New Friend
Chapter Eighteen// Date?
Question & Answer
Chapter Nineteen// New Partner
Chapter Twenty// You Have To!
Chapter Twenty One// Nathan's P.O.V
Chapter Twenty Two// Teacher's Pet
Chapter Twenty Three// Thank You
Chapter Twenty Four// The Real You
Chapter Twenty Five// To Conclude
Chapter Twenty Six// What Happened?
Chapter Twenty Seven// That's Enough!
Chapter Twenty Eight// You Understand?
Chapter Twenty Nine// A Ride
Chapter Thirty// I Told You
Chapter Thirty One// I Never Knew
Chapter Thirty Two// We're Done
Chapter Thirty Three// Tease Much?
Chapter Thirty Four// He Loves Me?
Chapter Thirty Five// Hey Princess
Chapter Thirty Six// Sounds Lovely
Chapter Thirty Seven// Calm Down
Chapter Thirty Eight// Everything Alright?
Chapter Thirty Nine// You'll See
Chapter Forty// I Do Care!
Chapter Forty One// Come In
Chapter Forty Two// Why Move?
Chapter Forty Three// You're Right
Chapter Forty Four// Too Late?
Chapter Forty Five// Nathan?
Chapter Forty Six// Plane Ticket
Popular Nerd Review
Chapter Forty Seven// Come Back
Chapter Forty Eight// My Girlfriend
Chapter Forty Nine// Wanna Fight?
Chapter Fifty// New Beginning
SEQUEL OUT NOW
Nathan's Points Of View
Nathan's POV: Chapter Nineteen// New Partner
15 Shawn Mendes Songs Relatable To Popular Nerd!

Chapter Three// Too Shy

51.3K 1.8K 684
By Random_Teenager

"Is your mom home?" Josh asks as he comes towards me with a glint of desire sparkling in his hazel eyes.

We have just completed the homework we intended on finishing, now with the spare time before his curfew I promised him.

"Why you ask?" My teeth gnaw on my bottom lip, my heart pounding as he pushes his hands on the wall either side of me. His lips are full and pink, drawing closer with his every step.

"Because I wanted to spend some quality time with my girlfriend," his hands hold tight to y hips with the lock of my fingers around the back of his neck. He kisses me roughly, our passion burning between us as the kiss heats up.

"Josh," I moan his name into his mouth, our breathing rigid as we gasp for air.

"What baby?" He trails his lips down my face to my neck, sucking slowly with a steady rhythm.

"My mom is home," I say with a gulp as his teeth nibble on my skin, sending shock waves of lust through my bloodstream. He does this every time he thinks we are alone.

"She won't hear us if we're quite," his hands roam up from my hips and sneak up my shirt, his fingers wondering as I inhale more oxygen to breathe.

"Ok."

Josh has to go home just before we were about to go all the way. His mom rings him and summons him back to the house with the urge of his younger brother being poorly.

"I have to go," he kisses me one last time as I stand with him by my front door. The evening air whisks his hair to the side, drifting down onto my lips so I blow it off. Our foreheads joins and we exchange a knowing laugh. He drops my hand so it falls to my side as he steps back towards his car.

"See you tomorrow," I plant one last kiss on his cheek by running to his side before letting him slip into the driver's seat. I jog back inside to escape the cold breeze, watching his tyres roll away then closing the door.

My heart still feels on fire with the light of his eyes and the passion of his body. The way he makes me feel is like igniting a naked flame.

"So you and Josh did homework tonight?" I spin around to meet the gaze of my mom, walking down the stairs as I lean against the door for support.

"Yes," I nod, my stomach summersaulting with the guilt of what we were also up to. "Homework. That was it."

***

"So why did you say you had Nathan's phone again?" Lacy asks me on our way to home room the following morning. I haven't told her yet about what had happened with me and Josh the previous night, however with her attention far from my relationship (for the first time in a while) I think it would be best to converse about the topic she chose- Nathan.

"I found it in English yesterday, he must have dropped it," I repeat for the second time. We turn the corner and stand outside the classroom door as the bell hasn't rang yet.

"When are you planning on giving it him back?"

"Whenever I see him next," I answer, looking down the narrow corridor in case Nathan is around.

"Why would a nerd like him have an iPhone like that?" She questions, marvelling the IPhone 6 I hold in the palm of my hand under the grip of my fingers. My shoulders shrug, mostly because I wasn't interested in the answer.

"Maybe his family is rich?" I suggest.

But Lacy found the whole idea of 'The School Nerd' being from a wealthy home ecstatic, bursting out into fits of laughter as a result. "You're so funny, you know that Paige?" Even though it wasn't a joke, I decide to let it slip. The chime of the school bell as well as the appearance of the teacher by the door calms Lacy down and we walk inside.

Maybe he is rich, I think to myself with serious thought. He does seem rather mysterious. I just wish I knew more about him...

The day goes by fast. But I get a pleasant surprise as I walk out of my classroom door just before lunch, seeing the wide eyed smile of my boyfriend.

"You want to sit with us at lunch?" Josh gestures to the football team, crowded around him just after we come out of Geography class. Josh is like the unofficial captain of the team, being the staring quarter back he is adored by everyone.

A lot of girls may swoon over him but I am the lucky one on his arm. I don't believe in the stereotype of mean cheerleaders and jocks only dating popular girls. So changing that statistic I hold onto his hand tighter and smile up at him.

"Yeah sure," I reply, his arm snaking around my waist. "But can Lacy come too?" I ask sweetly, looking over at my best friend who was eyeing up Jace Chesterman, Josh's best mate and partner in crime as he likes to describe him.

She has had a massive crush on Jace since me and Josh first got together. Her eyes are instantly drawn to him whenever he passes or is around her. Lacy is determined that he will eventually ask her to home coming, but every year she was always second best to some skinny cheerleader he chose instead.

Unlike me, Jace is one for stereotypes, and thankfully for him, a lot of girls believe in that too. They love the typical hot jock. I seem rather hypocritical, holding the hand of a hot jock myself. However despite all that, he had to earn my love. I wasn't a swooning teenage girl with love at first sight back then.

"Sure," Josh turns around to the team. "That OK with you guys?" They all grunt in unison, a language only boys seem to comprehend. "They said yes," he clarifies for me.

I nod in appreciation, turning round to see Lacy going all googly eyed again up at Jace. "Thanks."

We enter the cafeteria and the boys all rush over to their table. It is as if it is their property. They have always sat at their specific table since the very first grade at high school and it has always stayed that way even up to their senior year. Everyone has their own table they stick to and no one ever argues or battles for a table that isn't theirs, otherwise all hell would break loose!

It is a typical rule at our school that jocks sit with jocks, drama geeks sit with drama geeks, musicians sit with musicians, cheerleaders sit with cheerleaders and so on. The overbearing dominance for stereotype friendships is strong at our school.

Lacy and I like to stick with our two, us satisfied with our own duet of best friends.

But what I can't help but notice is that Nathan always sits alone. Currently he is sat at the back of the room, isolated from everyone else as he sits nibbling on his sandwich while studying a book. Geometry maybe. The cover is hard to define from my distance.

"Paige, sit here," Josh makes his mate Craig move a seat down so I can sit beside him. He interlocks our fingers and smiles down at me, his height almost an additional foot onto mine.

"Cool phone," comments one of the wide receivers, Gregory, as he spots Nathan's phone as I put it on the table to get my packet lunch out of my bag.

"It isn't mine," I admit, trying to sneak it back into my bag quickly so no attention is drawn to it.

Unfortunately, that doesn't happen. Gregory snatches the phone off the table, out of my reach, and unlocks he screen. Automatically his nose scrunched up at the sight of who's phone it really belongs to.

"Why do you have Nathan Johnson's phone?" He scoffs, whilst scrolling through his contacts. A hot blush tickles my cheeks as I peer my head down.

"I found it," I mumble, my stomach twisting at the sight of the football team crowding round Gregory as they invade Nathan's privacy. This is not what I want, at all.

"What a nerd," chuckles Fred, laughing as he shows the football team Nathan's reminders on when to study. An outburst of laughter erupts across the table, the cheerleaders also peering over with enticement of what is going on.

Their table is one over from the football teams' and almost the entire squad is crowded around the vulnerable phone.

"Oooooh look at this! Nathan even has his home screen of his family, the weirdo." Great, so know not only do the most popular people in school think Nathan is a nerd, but know a weirdo as well. Good going Paige.

I tangle a guilty finger around a lock of my brown hair at my waist.

"Hey guys!" All heads shoot towards Josh who stands up. A sigh of relief escapes my lips. Finally, Josh is going to do the right thing and return it back to me so they can't embarrass Nathan any more. "Give it here, I want to see!"

As the phone is tossed across the table into Josh's hands, I begin to tremble as I plead for it back. Somehow I am booted out of my seat by another teammate as they all want to see the phone screen. I look over the table at Lacy for some help, however she is too busy drooling over Jace, their flirting too important to stop and her best friend in desperate need.

"Josh please," I barge my way in through the wall of muscled backs and manage to reclaim my seat. "Josh, I need to give it back to him." His head turns towards me and he sympathises over my weak smile.

"Ok," Josh holds the phone in the air. I reach out to take it but he pulls it back, over his shoulder as if his arm is a sling shot.

"Josh stop!" I scream and he lowers his arm slowly. I take it from his dangerous hands and quickly pocket it away. "I'll give it him back. Don't throw it, you could break it."

"I doubt he even uses is," sniggers a guy from across the table, listening into our conversation as the noise level drops. "He only had like five contacts in there anyway. The nerd." All the boys join in, an eruption of laughter as splutter out rude remarks on what has been on Nathan's phone. I scowl at them all through gritted teeth. That is it!

When Josh doesn't stop, I hit him in the arm- not so playful anymore- and watch his laughter die down as he stares at me confused.

"What is it?"

"Stop making fun of him!" I order, my temper rising as the comments get harsher and harsher.

"Fine," Josh sighs as he raises his hand. "So. How you guys looking forward to the next game?" I am grateful for Josh as he changes the subject off of Nathan and his phone, but I am still in a mood with him for making jokes about someone he hardly knows.

I look back over to Nathan across the lunch hall and give him a pitiful smile. Eventually he glances up and catches my eye but immediately shoots his head back down into his book. I feel so sorry for him. He is always sitting alone. I stand up, my eyes still fixed on his table of one.

"Where you going?" Josh abruptly tugs at my hand that was holding his. He reaches into the air as my hand frees from his. 

"I'll be right back," I hold Nathan's phone tight in my hand as I cross the cafeteria floor to the back. As I approach his table; Nathan doesn't  hesitate and jumps to his feet, speeding for the door. He leaves the room swiftly without looking back. I sigh in failure and throw my head back.

If he's too shy for me to give him his phone back in school, I'm going to have to give it him back after school hours.

But how do I do that?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 10.5K 31
Having a crush on someone is what everyone goes through at one point in their life. They'll see someone and they think that they are attractive, or t...
63.8K 2.9K 72
This is not the typical love story of when the girl says "jump", the boy should reply with "how high is it?" This, is when Helena said "Die!!" , and...
80.9K 3.1K 21
Jeanie was excited for summer, just like everyone else. But when her parents announce that they will be going to Europe for the summer with some high...
7.9K 230 28
Adulthood has many rites of passage: learning to drive, voting, moving out, going to college. The unspoken rite of passage? Losing your virginity. 1...