The Rich Orphan

By itsthatbritishgirl

"We promised we'd sacrifice ourselves, for our family." I whispered. I closed my eyes thinking of my parents... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 24

626 18 6
By itsthatbritishgirl

Chapter 24

Eliza’s POV

I dropped Alex off at his home, but I wasn’t going back yet. I had a few more errands to do.  I patrolled the streets looking for one person. Steven. I could sense he had been here and like a few days ago he had gone down the alleyways. But this scent was new; if I travelled through the main roads maybe I would catch him.

I pushed the speed of my bike; the need to get hold of him was unbearable, I needed to find him. Then I saw it. I saw the man who had begun this; I nearly threw up on the grubby pavement as I watched him walk into the most private areas of the club with two girls on both arms.

I let out an audible growl and tightened my grip on the handle bars. My body was ready to throw my motorbike at him but my brain was screaming at me to think logically, we didn’t want to cause a scene. I tore my eyes from my prey and ordered my body to leave.

I may hide my anger from Noah. But it was still there, coursing through my veins it was the reason I lived.

I moved down the street whilst having the telephone address in my hand. I needed to calm down and this would be the remedy. I had been bad, these people had offered me hospitality when I most needed it and I hadn’t even called to thank them.  I finally found a phone box; I tapped the number in and waited for it to connect.

  “Hello?”

  “Umm...Hi this is Elizabeth, is that Sally?” I asked awkwardly.

  “Oh my goodness! Elizabeth, I never thought I would hear from you again!” She gasped.

  “I am so sorry; I have been preoccupied for the last few months.”  I apologised.

  “No no. Don’t worry! So why are you calling?” Sally said, warmly.

  “I was wondering if you and Ted where free any time soon?” I asked.

  “Well...Hun you can come round tonight for some dinner? We were just about to eat.”

  “Are you sure? I don’t want to be intruding.” I asked nervously.

  “Never! We would love to see you! Pop round as soon as possible!

I wrote Sally and Ted’s address on my hand and hung up. The pressure finally sunk into my head, I collapsed on to the pavement, letting myself dwell on the thoughts of today before operating a mechanical piece of engineering.

My suspicions about Steven were correct and I was so close to getting what I wanted however getting to him would not be as easy; he liked to stay in the exclusive parts of the club, getting past the bouncers would be very tricky. I would defiantly have to dress up to look the part. Sighed composing my thoughts and emotions.

Hopping back onto my motorbike, I began to ride to their house; they lived in the suburbs. I passed the houses that where all the same with their perfectly manicured lawns. I stopped at the number I was given. I breathed deeply in before knocking on the door trying to calm myself down. It quickly opened to a grinning Sally; she grabbed me into a choking hug her sweet smell wrapping me into calmness.

Finally she released us and begun surveying me.

  “You need a bath.” She acknowledged. “Upstairs.” She ordered, pointing me to the stairs.

  “Bu- but” I stuttered.

  “Now.” She said firmly. “Second door on the right.”

I sighed however didn’t argue. I followed Sally’s instructions and found the bathroom. It was cosy with plush towels. I slipped out of my clothing only now realising how dirty I was, I guess when you are under pressure you don’t notice these kinds of things.

I let the hot warm water soak through my skin, enjoying the relaxation. The day had been hard and it was nice now to calm down. Sally had an array of different types of shampoos, conditioner and lotions, I tried most of them, liking the way it made me smell of roses.

I heard a know on the door, “Dinner in five minutes, clothes outside!” Sally called through the door.

Grudgingly I got out of the bath. I had defiantly had over welcomed my stay in the tub, I wrapped one of the big soft towels around me.

 I opened the door to see the set of clothes been placed on the floor for me. This made me grin, I picked them examining what I had been given Sally had chosen a basic khaki pair of shorts with a plain t-shirt and hoodie, she had a surprisingly modern sense of style for her age.

I bounded down the stairs in my new attire, I felt happy and well-rested; rushing into the kitchen Sally greeted me with one of her freakishly smiley grins.

  “Well well Lizzy, don’t you look lovely!” Sally said approvingly.  “You don’t mind me calling you Lizzy do you? Elizabeth seems so formal!”

  “No I don’t mind.” I smiled.

  “Elizabeth.” Ted acknowledged me walking into the room.

  “Ted.” I grinned.

  “Don’t call her Elizabeth, she is now Lizzy!” Sally giggled.  Ted rolled his eyes but smiled lovingly to his wife’s eyes.

  “Well shall we eat.” Ted clapped his hands together signalling us to go into the dining room.

We sat down to meal, it looked wonderful the chicken and vegetables were beautifully prepared however I felt my hands become clammy and slippery, I was unsure what to talk about.

  “So Lizzy how’s life been?” Sally divulged into conversation.

  “Okay I guess normal teenage life.” I chuckled ineptly. “How has your week been? I have seen all the photos; you seem to have gone to many places.” I expressed, I took a mouthful of the food and I sighed in content it was delicious.

  “Oh yes! We have been to many places, see Ted and I always loved travelling, enjoying the freedom.” Sally begun and I could see she was on a role. I relaxed into the chair and released the breath I had been holding. I liked Sally, I enjoyed her company and how did not have to try make conversation, it just happened.

Sally was still talking about how her trips in life as I nodded intently. I took my last mouthful sadly of the mouth-watering food; I had never eaten a meal so quickly.

  “You know what! I will get some photos of Ted and I in the good old days!”  Sally announced rushing into the kitchen.  A smile slowly crept onto my face; it felt strange to smile in such a long time.  A silence settled over the dinner table as we waited for Sally, finally Ted broke the stillness.

  “So Lizzy how is life really?” He grinned.

  “Good.” I nodded.

  “Really?” He frowned.  “I don’t believe that.”

  “Sorry?” I asked.

  “Well I don’ think a girl of your age would spend her evenings with an elderly couple if there wasn’t something wrong.” He stated.

  “I-I um..I-I do-don’t know what to say.” I stuttered, I really didn’t how could a man know so much of me after such a small amount of time.

  “Don’t worry, you don’t have to.” He smiled. “But how are your grades?”

  “Fine.” I said to quickly, Ted looked at me seeing through my lies. “Terrible.” I mumbled.

  “Well we can’t have that can we! Twice a week you will come to ours for dinner and we will do some homework.”  Ted decided.  I was about to refuse however he shot the idea down very quickly.

  “Only a seed is needed to create something beautiful and life-changing. Knowledge is needed to grow into wisdom.” He added. “I should know this as I was a teacher for forty-five years.”

Sally suddenly bursted into the room, signifying the end of the conversation.

  “Pudding.” She sung, Sally was holding a chocolate sponge in one hand and many photos in another as she tried to describe what it was like to swim with dolphins. I laughed, Sally was mad. I looked over at Ted as he grinned at me.

  “Thank you.” I mouthed. That was all her needed he just nodded his head and turned his attention to his wife.

[][][][]

I sighed snuggling into the duvet, I was satisfied. Not happy...but at ease. Ted and Sally seemed to have this way of making me rested for a while; I knew that by tomorrow when I had to face the world that it would be gone; for now I relaxed myself and fell into a dreamless sleep.

I opened my eyes to the unusually bright light; I blinked at my alarm clock until the red luminous blur turned into figures.

7:50

I tumbled up out of bed; I had over slept nearly by three hours! I only had twenty five minutes before I had to leave to get to school.

I rushed towards the bathroom and into the shower. I didn’t have time to wake my body up naturally, I smothered my hair in shampoo and conditioner trying to make it clean as quickly as possible. After two minutes I jumped out again only to run into the bedroom grabbing any clothes I could reach.

I  hurrieddown the stairs my hair soaking wet, snatching a piece of Mark’s toast.

  “Hey!” He called.

  “Down’t have twime!” I mumbled with a full mouth. I grabbed the home phone dialling Hayley, without her I don’t know what I would do.

  “Hello?”

  “Hi Hayley it’s Eliza, I am really sorry for being a pain but I only woke about twenty minutes ago and I need to go to school wou-”

  “He’s already done.” She interrupted.

  “Sorry?” I asked.

  “I knew that when you hadn’t turned up by the crack of dawn that something was wrong so I have done him for you. Would you like me to bring him in and feed in the evening?” Hayley explained.

  “Wow! You are a life saver! Yes that would be great. Thank you; just add it to my bill.” I insisted.

I said goodbye for then Mark to interrupt my thoughts.

  “What’s that about?” He frowned.

  “Oh nothing. Just a friend.” I lied.

  “Okay.” He shrugged, returning back to his food.

  “Where is everyone?” I asked, looking around usually this was prime time for the kitchen as people would be buzzing around.

  “Went to school or work.”

  “Am I that late? It feels different.” I frowned, I didn’t like it, I felt staged and that I should be waiting for something.

  “It’s going to be a good day.” Mark smiled; he stood up walking to me. “Trust me that it will get better.” He tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear before pinching my cheek. I rolled my eyes at him; I had no clue what he was talking about.

  “Okay.” I said, elongating each symbol. I said goodbye and walked over to my motorbike, I revved the motor before travelling to school.

The moment I reached school, I could feel it. I could feel this pressure being lifted from the air, everyone was happier but there was something else lurking away and I could sense it.

I parked and walked towards Lydia.

  “What’s happening?”

  “Umm..don’t know, something to do with your lunatic foster family.” She smiled.

  “Thanks.” I laughed. We walked towards the main building, like magnets people were attracted to an already big group. I frowned and kept walking away.

I then heard those words I was dreading from the girl I despised.

  “Noah stop it!” Tiffany giggled. My eyes snapped over to main part of the group seeing Noah’s arms wrapped around Tiffany’s ting frame as she laughed. What hurt the most was Noah, he was smiling.

He was smiling because of another girl. It broke me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Vote, Fan, Comment! 

I'm sorry it's not a lot of action, however sometimes you have to have chapters which explains things! Anyway, I'm not too sure what to think of this chapter however hopefully you guys liked it! 

Thanks for reading! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...