Worth Solving {Dylan O'Brien}

By AintThatDevine

Genesis and Dylan started talking over a wrong number but something compelled them to keep the calls going. A... More

*Disclaimer*
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty-One
Chapter Fourty-Two
Chapter Fourty-Three
Chapter Fourty-Four
Chapter Fourty-Five
Chapter Fourty-Six
Chapter Fourty-Seven
Chapter Fourty-Eight
Chapter Fourty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Epilogue
For You, With Love

Chapter Three

25.8K 584 166
By AintThatDevine

3.

{Genesis' P.O.V.}

I ran my fingers through my hair, my efforts useless as the wind picked it back up again. Dylan, Edmund and I had started our way back to his from Spoons.  

I knew that it was the lad I had been talking to for four months and I was aware of how well I knew him. It was just that, he was an A-list movie star, and I couldn't pull myself past that. He could be out with anyone else, so why was he spending his Tuesday with me? Why did he even call that next day four months ago? Anyone in the whole wide world and he chose a mystery girl he didn't meet for ages. 

"What are you thinking about?" Dylan looked over at me, noticing my distance. 

"Hm?" My eyes caught his, the shade of brown that was so extremely lovely. "I, uh, oh. I was just wondering if the shipment of my things will get to my dorm on time." I lied, my cares not on my dorm. 

"Ahh. Have you met your roommate yet?" Dylan's hand brushed against mine lightly, a shock running through me. 

I quickly moved mine away and Dylan had put his in his trouser pockets. "Erm, no actually. I'll meet her tonight I suppose." 

"Got you. But remember, no sexy pillow fights without me, England." Dylan stopped and smiled down at me, "Sorry, I mean Gen." 

I laughed, "It's okay, i'm not used to it either." 

Dylan grinned and looked ahead of us, it immediately disapearing. "I'm guessing you don't want to end up in a magazine and all over the internet by tomorrow..." 

But it was the flash that set everything into motion. 

"Not really, no." There were at least ten photographers heading straight for us. 

"Go get 'em, Edmund." Dylan patted Edmund's back and he bounded off, viciously barking at the photographers. "Trust me. Run." Dylan grabbed my hand and jumped off the walk into another person's yard, pulling me with him.  

We ran quickly past the house and towards the sand, both of us darting along the beach towards his house. He nearly ripped off the door and scooted me in before quickly going in behind me. 

Dylan shut and locked the door, "Sorry." He apologised, shutting the curtain above the door. "This is actually a pretty common thing for me." He jimmied down the curtains on the rest of the windows. "Edmund!" 

Edmund scampered out from the kitchen, going straight to me. 

"How on earth-" Did Edmund teleport into the house? 

"There's a dog door in the kitchen, only he can get through it." Dylan checked his mobile, "I think i'm going to have to break my promise about getting you to your dorm by 8. It's nearly then and those guys usually stick around for an hour or two." 

"Lovely." I said with a small teasing tone. "One day with you and i'm hiding from photographers. Not exactly how I imagined it." 

"How did you imagine it? Actually, how did you imagine me?" Dylan sat down on the sofa and offered me a seat. 

"Certainly not Dylan O'Brien." I remarked, sitting down, a seat between us. "But your smile, it's spot on." I immediately looked at my hands, a faint colour appearing on my cheeks. 

Dylan rubbed the back of his neck, his bicep flexing as he did so. Damn. "Well, I got something right about you as well." His cheeks pinked, what ever it was was embarrassing. 

Oh, please don't say my chest, Dylan. 

"What was it?" I asked anyway. 

"Your, er," Dylan grew flustered and his cheeks darkened. "Your lips," he awkwardly laughed and covered his face. "That's weird, i'm sorry." He mumbled, his expression adorable like an embarrassed child. 

I bit my bottom lip to stop myself from laughing, a few giggles sneaking their way into the air. He was just, gorgeous. "Don't worry about it." 

"But I do." His eyes met mine, the shade slightly darkening as all of the air in the room seemed to disappear. "I really do."  

Edmund jumped between Dylan and I, his need for attention tearing our eyes from each other. 

What just happened? 

"Um," Dylan checked his mobile again, "Want to order in Chinese?" 

"Erm, sure." I fiddled with my nails, keeping my eyes at my hands.  

He couldn't've meant that. Someone like me couldn't actually worry him. Especially not like that. 

I tugged out my mobile, thinking about what he'd said about coming with him to some filming of Teen Wolf. I could've sworn that their location was Atlanta. 

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Hey Dylan," I grabbed his attention as he came in tapping his mobile to his palm lightly. "Isn't filming in Atlanta?" 

"Yeah, I was hoping I could steal you this weekend and we'd fly to Atlanta. I've got a condo there." Dylan smiled at me and sat down on the other side of Edmund, who had curled up at my side. "Is that okay?" 

"Wouldn't more people just see us in the airport? And in Atlanta?" I grew reluctant, not wanting to tie him down. 

"Not when it's planned. Airports are covered with extra security if celebrities are flying out to go on location filming. Plus, I can hide you with sun glasses." He petted Edmund, "Unless," His smile fell a bit, "Unless you don't want to go, I mean, i'll understand." 

"No, no. It's not that I don't want to go, it all sounds lovely..." I pushed a bit of hair behind my ear, feeling a bit awkward. 

"But you have anxiety attacks, I know." Dylan gave me a soft smile, the mood in the room nothing like before. 

"It's just that i've got my book, and university starts up soon and i'm in an unfamiliar place." Dylan knew about my anxiety attack but only roughly knew the cause. 

"But you trust me, right? You did earlier." I nodded and Dylan continued, "Then trust me on this, Gen." His hand carefully covered mine, "You'll be safe with me." 

He managed to capture me again, my eyes stuck on his. This moment, it was- 

Both of us jumped at the knock on the door. Dylan reluctantly stood up and walked out of the room and opened the front door. 

It was ruined, that's what that moment was. 

Dylan screamed loudly, "OHMYGOD IT'S HARRY STYLES!" His keys jingled, silence following for a moment before the front door shut heavily. "Alrighty." Dylan casually walked into the living room with the food and my backpack with him. 

"Did you really just do that?" I asked in awe, taking a food carton and chopsticks as he handed them to me. 

"I did." Dylan grinned at me, handing me my rucky before taking his spot again. "I know you can rarely go a couple hours without your laptop, so i expected it to be in your carry on."  

"This 'knowing everything about each other' thing is a bit creepy." I tugged out my purple macbook, Dylan shooting me a dazzlingly cheesy smile. I rolled my eyes and powered it on. 

"It's only creepy because we can actually do something about it." Dylan pointed out, popping his chopsticks apart and opening his white and red carton. 

"Very true." I took my paranoia and searched Dylan's name. "Oh, yay." I said sarcastically, finding one with a picture of Dylan and I walking from the ice cream parlour. 

"What?" Dylan pushed Edmund over and took his spot, "oh, well that was fast." 

"Those are surely some words you never want to hear." 

Oh, oh god. I did not just say that. 

Dylan stared at the wall, clearly understanding what I had meant. We sat in complete silence for a moment, Dylan eventually turning his head to look at me. I bit my bottom lip to try to stop from laughing but thankfully, Dylan's face broke out in a smile, sending us both into a very inappropriate laughing fit.  

"Okay, that was amazing." He winked before putting his fist out to me. 

I bumped my fist against his, scrolling down the article. "Seems you've got a new 'mystery lady'. Wonder who that is," I said sarcastically, a small smirk appearing on his lips.

~

"Dylan," I adjusted the straps on my backpack, Dylan and I outside of his range rover on campus. "Cheer, for today. Really," 

Dylan shrugged, a smile on his face. I had the urge to kiss him, but held it back. It wasn't because he was Dylan O'Brien, it was because it was just Dylan, the idiot i've been speaking to for four months. Who I knew everything about and he I. He was America. 

"It was fun, plus you get to be my mystery." Dylan held out his arms to me, engulfing me in a massive hug. I could smell the Armani spice on him and he damn well knew that it drove me mad; in an impeccably good way. He kissed the top of my head, "I'll call you tomorrow, England." 

I grinned as I picked up the handle to my suitcase. "I'll be happy to answer, America." 

There wasn't a chance the mystery was up, and I was happy about that. 

~~

A/N: I'm really liking this fic! Ready to meet the rest of the cast of Teen Wolf? They'll be arriving soon! Even though i'm writing this, I'm so shipping Genesis and Dylan. Need a ship name though.. 

Anyways, tell me what you thought! I've got a six hour car trip tomorrow so expect and update or two! Xx -Melissa

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

299K 12.2K 15
Megan Ryder travels to the middle east as assistant/companion to Vivian Monroe. A man called Rasheed arrives to escort them to the The Emir's Desert...
291K 5.6K 29
Bradley 'Rooster' Bradshaw and Rachel 'Hurricane' Mitchell have known each other since Rachel was born, and he was only 3. Despite their age gap, the...
115K 2K 53
Katie "Blaze" Blackwood, daughter of Charlie Blackwood is a fighter pilot, much like those her mother was surrounded by when she was Katie's age. Kat...
423K 13.7K 21
Indigo McCall and Stiles Stilinski are inseparable. Attached at the hip, indivisible, connected. Deeply in love with their first loves and devoted to...