The New 90210

By rosegoldlox

The ongoing dramatic saga about the rich, beautiful, & troublesome youth of West Beverly Hills High. Featurin... More

Characters
. 1 .
. 2 .
. 3 .
. 4 .
. 5 .
. 6 .
. 7 .
. 8 .
. 9 .
. 10 .
. 12 .
. 13 .
. 14 .
. 15 .
. 16 .
. 17 .
. 18 .
. 19 .
. 20 .
. 21 .
. 22 .
. 23 .
. 24 .
. 25 .
PROM - The outfits
. 26 .
. 27 .
. 28 .
. 29 .
. 30 .
. 31 .
. 32 .
. 33 .
. 34 .
. 35 .
. 36 .
. 37 .
. 38 .
. 39 .
. 40 .
. 41 .
Final Author's Note: RoseGoldLox's farewell

. 11 .

788 47 21
By rosegoldlox

Gilinsky slowly wakes up and turns to see Vanessa still in his bed. He wakes her up when he attempts to move strands of hair out of her face.

    "Morning," she whispers.

    "Morning," he smiles.

    "So...that happened," she blushed.

    "Was it good at least?"

    "More than good, actually."

    He chuckled. "I liked it too."

    He props himself onto his elbow and leans in for a kiss but they are abruptly interrupted by a crashing noise outside. It sounded loud as if multiple windows had been bashed in. As a reflex, he shields her head as if he aimed to protect her.

    "Stay here," he said as he hopped out the bed in his boxers. He grabbed a t-shirt & his aluminum baseball bat before cautiously leaving his room. Vanessa sat up in the bed, clenching the covers against her chest.

    Gilinsky had searched the entire house on edge and found nothing until he peeked through the living room blinds to find Madison's Range Rover crashed into the back of Vanessa's car.

    "What the fu—," he whispered to himself before rushing outside. "Madison?!"

    Unbeknownst to him, Madison sneakily turned her maniacal laugh into a confused sob.

    "Jack?" She slowly got out of her car, holding the back of her head as if she were injured. "Oh my God, I'm so so sorry. Tell your mom I'll pay for everything. There was a dog that darted in front of my car and I didn't wanna hit it. Ow, my head."

    "Are you okay?" He walked up to her, checking for any cuts or bruises.

    "I think so," she groaned. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

    "Just sit down, you seem dizzy." He guided her to sit in the grass. "And this isn't my mom's car, it's Vanessa's."

    "Wait, what?" She looked up at him with sad eyes.

    "Holy shit," they hear Vanessa exclaim as she steps outside, fully dressed. Madison exhales when she realizes this. "My car!"

    "I'm so sorry Vanessa," Madison apologized. "I'll contact your insurance company and my Dad will help me get things all squared away. It was an accident."

    "Sure, an accident," Vanessa pursed her lips.

    "I said I was sorry! Why don't you believe me?!" Madison begins to fake a cry.

    "Why don't I belie-- I have a long list of reasons, got a minute? Or five? And of course she starts crying," Vanessa scoffed. "You're so full of shit Madison. You did this on purpose and you know it!"

    "Ladies," Jack shouted. "Let's just calm down, make some phone calls and start from there, okay?"

    Vanessa couldn't believe he wasn't seeing right through her shenanigans, especially after all she had done before. He walks up to Vanessa and pulls her aside.

    "She apologized," Jack spoke quietly.

    "You know who else can convincingly apologize? Axe murderers on Death Row that wanna get out on parole."

    "Oh come on," he chuckled. "Look, I'll call her an Uber after we handle all this and the tow trucks come. Then I'll drive you home, okay? And then...we can talk about how we're gonna be Shaggy and Velma from Scooby Doo for the Halloween Ball?"

    Vanessa tried to hold back her grin but couldn't help it. "We're not a couple, Gilinsky."

    "But we can still be cute. What do you say?"

    "Fine," she sighed. "But I'm waiting in your room. I don't wanna see her face."

. . . . .

    LUCY: You what?!

    CAMERON: I know! I'm freaking out. It's a little pressure being the youngest assistant manager.

    LUCY: I'm so happy for you Cam. Going to the dance tonight?

    CAMERON: No can do. Work. :(

    LUCY: Oh.

    LUCY: Sorry

    LUCY: You're totally gonna miss my Jasmine costume.

    CAMERON: Send me a picture haha

    CAMERON: And let me guess, Kian is gonna be Aladdin?

    LUCY: You're a total psychic. Wow. Amaze. 'A' for effort. You win.

    CAMERON: Shut up lol, I gotta get back to work

    Lucy's father cleared his throat and she put her phone away. He slides a piece of paper across the table as he took a seat.

    "Care to explain," he asked in a stern voice.

    Lucy glanced down at the paper and shrugged. "It's my progress report."

    "I know what it is, smartass. Do you care to explain those three C's?"

    "I'm not sure what you want me to say, Dad. I try my best."

    "Do we need to get you a tutor?"

    "No, I was just...distracted, that's all." Lucy takes a big bite out of her burger & proceeds to speak with her mouth full. "I'll fix it, don't you worry."

    "Damn right you'll fix it," he nodded. "We want you to get into the best university, Lucy. You'd be the second in our family to get there. Not only that, but our family name holds a reputation. You're a Durant. And I expect you to take over the company one day."

    "No offense, Dad. But I'm not interested in selling Lamborghinis and Bentleys to superstars."

    "Maybe not now but be grateful you have an option," he sighed. "As for those grades, I'm not happy. You can forget about the dance tonight."

    "What? No! I'm supposed to dress up with Kian. What am I gonna tell him?"

    "That you can't go," he shrugged. "Simple. I'm going to work. Your mother and I won't be back until late. But I wouldn't even think about sneaking off to the dance. I'll be talking to the chaperones."

    Meanwhile, not too far away, Kian is skateboarding his way over to Lucy's to hang out before the dance. Lucy's father had just pulled out of the driveway when Kian turned onto her street. Lucy saw him coming and already opened the front door.

    "Did your mom leave too?" He got off his skateboard as he stepped inside.

    "She had to go to work early today. The surgeries just pile up in good ol' Los Angeles."

    "Good," he exhaled before rushing against her lips. "I missed you."

    The way he hummed into the kiss made her nearly forget to tell him the bad news. Halloween is his favorite holiday and she knows this will bring him down.

    "So," Kian stops the kiss. "We have six hours til the dance. We can catch up on 'Narcos' on Netflix, then make out. Or we can listen to the new Libertines song...then make out to it. Or we can hop in your very tempting swimming pool and-"

    "-make out in it?"

    "No babe, I was gonna say we can play Marco Polo. And no, I'm not being sarcastic," he said with a straight face but then he tried to hold back a laugh. "Of course we can make out."

    "It's all so very tempting," she replied as she tugged on the collar of his shirt. "But I...can't go to the dance tonight."

    "That's a lie!" He walked past her with his fingers in his ears. "I don't understand the words you're speaking right now."

    "Kian," Lucy sighed. "My Dad isn't too happy with my grades and he said this was my punishment."

    Kian unplugged his ears. "He couldn't punish you any other way? Like take away your computer or your TV or something? It had to be the dance which celebrates my favorite holiday? What's Aladdin without Jasmine?"

    Kian looked at her with puppy dog eyes.

    "I don't know what you want me to do," she shook her head. "He said he knows the chaperones."

    "This is bullshit." He folded his arms. "I'm not going then."

    "No. I want you to go have fun with your friends." She leaned her forehead against his. "I'd feel shitty for being the reason you didn't go enjoy yourself. I hear John is gonna be Tom Cruise from Risky Business and Myles is gonna be Marty McFly and...I don't know what JC is gonna be but...don't miss out because of me."

. . . . .

    "Oh my God, really?!" Tiffany squealed into her phone. "This is amazing news! Thank you so much! Have a lovely night!"

    Nate stepped out of Tiffany's bathroom dressed as Danny Zuko from Grease. Tiffany's hair was all pinned up with her blonde 'Sandy Olsson' wig on her dresser.

    "Yo, I don't know about these jeans," Nate complained. "They're too high up."

    "You're just so used to sagging your pants. But guess what!" Tiffany beamed.

    "What?"

    "You are looking at the new intern at the C. Thomas Howell's Production Company!"

    "That's what's up!" He kisses her on the forehead. "Proud of you, but...who is C. Thomas Howell?"

    "He's an actor," she answered. "I actually only saw one of his movies but tomorrow I'm gonna have a marathon of all his major films just in case. He was in the original 'Red Dawn'."

    "I remember that movie. Shit's fucked up."

    "I'm just so excited! I probably won't have time to keep up with my youtube channel but it'll be a challenge. This is my future, you know?"

    "Gotta do what you gotta do." Nate reached for his leather jacket on the bed.

    "Damn right I do." She grabbed her wig. "But as for tonight, what I have to do is be amazing with my man at this Halloween party."

    "Well then, hurry that fine ass up and let's get goin'," he chuckled. "This is the only time you'll catch me dressin' like this."

    "You look hot, Zuko. You look hot."

. . . . .

    The dance is in full swing. Kali and Nadia remain close to each other, dressed as the girls from Pitch Perfect. Sammy and Serenity are by the snack table dressed as Juno and Paulie Bleeker. Andrea is sitting by herself as Mary Poppins, occasionally glancing over at John in his long white button-up & tighty-whities. Nash & his brother Hayes were on the dance floor dressed as Ace Ventura and the red M&M. And waiting outside of the school's gymnasium is Vanessa dressed as Velma from Scooby Doo.

    She's pacing, wondering where Gilinsky is when she finally spots him sitting on a bench.

    "There you are," she laughed, walking up to him.

    But when she finally reaches the bench and taps him on the shoulder, she sees it's not him. It's junior Matt Espinosa, who also happened to be dressed as Shaggy, talking on his phone.

    "Oh," she said. "Sorry Matt."

    As she goes back toward the entrance, she calls Jack and he answers.

    "Nessa," he breathed. "I'm sorry, I'm having car trouble. Broke down on Bakers Avenue. I don't think I'll make it."

    "Oh no. Want me to come get you?"

    "I think I should stay with my Jeep," he chuckled. "Besides it's my fault. This baby's been making weird noises for months and I've been ignoring it. But let me know when you get home and I'll come over...if that's okay?"

    "It's more than okay." She felt warm inside. "Stay safe out there, okay? Lotta crazies out on Halloween night."

    "I'll be okay. I called my dad and he'll be here soon."

    "Alright," she exhaled. "I'll call you when I get home."

    "Okay. And do me a favor...don't change out of your costume."

    "You're so bad," she blushed.

    "I know."

    On Gilinsky's end, after they hang up, he shoves his phone into his pocket and rubs his face while sitting in his Jeep. He gets out and waits on the sidewalk against the cement wall.

    "Hey," he hears Madison call out.

    "Yo," he replied.

    "Are you...ready to go talk?"

    Gilinsky looks around and pushes off the wall. "Yeah, let's go."

    "Thanks for meeting me," she slightly grinned.

    The two walk into the nearby shop and order milkshakes.

. . . . .

    The dance was less than eventful for some. Kian was obviously a depressed Aladdin, clenching onto his cup of punch all night and looking like one less amused amongst his friends. Of course Nate noticed this along with Lucy's presence being nonexistent. But soon Kian bids his friends farewell and leaves the dance only an hour and a half after he arrived.

    Vanessa was sitting by herself with no Jack and no Lucy. She was contemplating on leaving as well but not before Kalin stepped to her in his Captain Jack Sparrow glory.

    "What's a beautiful lass like you doing here all alone?" He asked with an attempted Jack Sparrow accent.

    She giggled to herself. "My friends kind of bailed on me."

    "Oh pity. Their loss." He took her by the hand and quickly pulled her up against his chest. "The Captain's gain."

    She got lost in his beautiful eyes and allowed him to whisk her away to the dance floor.

    Meanwhile, John was by the snack table with Sammy and Serenity, holding a cup full of potato chips.

    "Are you gonna go ask her to dance, man?" Sammy asked him.

    "What are you talkin' about?" John's eyes squinted.

    "Andrea is what I'm talkin' about."

    "I'm not even thinking about her, bro."

    "It is a little weird that you've been purposely looking everywhere but at her," Serenity added.

    "It's also a little weird you chose that for your costume but I didn't say anything."

    "So?" Serenity shrugged. "Gotta learn to laugh at yourself. And if I were you, I'd get to laughin'. Long list of things to choose from."

    "Damn," Sammy chuckled. "She got you there. Look...just go ask her to dance. You're not hurting anyone."

    John took a deep breath and put his cup of chips on the table. "You got any gum?"

    "I do," Serenity answered, taking a pack out of her purse.

    Within minutes, John found himself walking over to Andrea who was taking selfies of her awesome costume. She looked up at John who managed to block some of her light.

    "Oh," Andrea smiled. "Hey you."

    "Hey," he cleared his throat. "What's goin' on?"

    "Uh," she shrugged. "Just taking pictures that's all."

    "Sorry to interrupt," he grinned. "But do you wanna...dance?"

    "You dance?"

    "I mean, I'm no Chris Brown but this is a slow song anyway."

    She subtly licks her lips in thought and puts her phone away, taking him up on his offer. They hold hands as they walk to the dance floor and she rests her head against his chest. Sammy gives him a thumbs up. John motions for Sammy and Serenity to join them but they decline the invitation. Serenity jokes around, holding her back as if to say she can't dance because she's 'with child'.

    Nadia is still warming the wall with Kali. Her stomach slightly churns at the sight of John and Andrea but she knows it's time to let that go. She's soon tapped on the shoulder by Myles dressed as Marty McFly and is surprised to see him.

    "What are you doing here," she asks. "At a high school dance?"

    "I came with Andrea as her plus one. Plus, I had some deliveries to make to some of your fellow classmates. So here I am."

    "I'm gonna...go...somewhere," Kali insisted, quickly walking away from the awkward pairing. It was bad enough Johnson was mad at her and busy having fun in Malibu. There was no way in hell she was about to be a third wheel.

    "So," Myles elbow nudged her. "Wanna dance with a graduate?"

    Nadia rolled her eyes and grabbed his wrist, taking him to the dance floor. He held on firmly to her hips and she draped her arms over his shoulders.

    "You look nice," he complimented her.

    "So do you," she replied. "Look, Myles, I just wanna thank you for everything. But-"

    "But you don't wanna date anyone right now," he finished her sentence.

    "I'm sorry," she shook her head.

    "It's cool sweetheart," he smiled. "You're a beautiful girl and I still think John is an asshole for what he did to you. But I'm about my money, you know? I'm a business man. I wouldn't be able to give you the attention you deserve, at least not now. Just know, if you need a friend, you have the number."

    Nadia leaned in and they kissed.

    "Thank you for understanding." She rubbed the back of his head and he kissed her one last time.

. . . . .

    Lucy was in bed with the TV on, but she was reading a novel instead. She hears scratch and thud noises coming from outside and mutes the TV in a bit of fear. The noise is getting louder right outside her balcony so she grabs her can of mace from her purse and goes outside.

    "Whoever you are you better get the fuck off my property because I've killed with my bare hands before!" She warned.

    "Wait what?" Kian's head popped up over the balcony wall.

    "Kian!" She exhaled. "What the hell?!"

    She helped him up.

    "I tried to be romantic but I guess that was a bad idea." He straightened out his costume, nearly out of breath.

    "You're Aladdin, not Peter fucking Parker. Jesus, you scared me to death! I almost maced you."

    "What happened to all that killing with your bare hands, huh? I mean, that was kind of hot, imagining you as some kind of Lara Croft kickass woman."

    "Shut up, get inside." She closes the sliding door behind them and he plops onto her bed.

    "I was miserable at the dance," he began. "So I left early and brought us a pizza...which is still in the car now that I...think about it."

    "You didn't have-"

    "I wanted to, Lucy. What's a Prince without his Princess? JC was dressed as a Hotdog. What would I look like taking a hotdog on a magic carpet ride?"

    Lucy laughed and held Kian's face, bringing his lips to hers.

    "I swear," she smiled. "Before we even started dating I had no idea this side of you existed."

    "Uh huh," he whispered as he bit his bottom lip. "Kiss me again."

    They kiss longer. Then Kian gets up, turns on some rock music and asks her to dance. They playfully start dancing and jumping around the room, throwing pillows around.

. . . . .

    "I don't think I've ever danced so much," Vanessa said as she moved the hair of the wig out of her face.

    Kalin was driving her home since she had an Uber drop her off at the dance.

    "Well you're a great dancer," Kalin smiled. "Have you, uh...thought about that second date? If you wanted to..."

    "I still have to get back to you on that," she touched his arm. "Be patient with me. Lotta things going on inside my head."

    "I can definitely wait for you, Miss Jones," he nodded. "But I can't wait forever."

    "Hopefully you won't have to wait that long," she chuckled.

    They reach a red light and with a look out the window, her smile fades. She had spotted a happy-looking Gilinsky leaving the milkshake shop with a laughing Madison. She was in a state of disbelief. How was this the same guy that was so gentle with her the night before? The same guy that kissed her passionately and touched her in places she thought he'd never get to discover. She gave herself to him only for him to turn around and lie. This wasn't Bakers Avenue and his Jeep was fine & parallel parked. In a way, she felt used.

    Her eyes fell and she rolled her window up. She didn't want to look anymore.

    "Everything okay?" Kalin asked her.

    "Mmhmm," she faked a smile as the light turned green & Kalin continued to drive.

_______________________________

Author's Note: Oh Jack you were doing so well...

Who are your favorite couples so far???

Don't forget to vote & comment!! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Stay By kait(:

Fanfiction

2.5K 23 28
Ali's just a 16 year old girl with ALOT of problems in her life. She's got parents who don't care about her at all,a 17 year old brother who bullies...
1.1M 13K 58
Just a bunch of crazy teenagers living the dream. ~~~~~~~ All Rights Reserved to @ natalia_78200
76.9K 2.1K 22
regular degular highschool love story with a twist πŸ˜‰
158K 2K 28
Β« like a moth to a flame. i'll pull you in, i'll pull you back to what you need initially. it's just one call away and you'll leave him, you're loyal...