Assassin's Creed One Shots

By ReiGn165

Accepting requests for head cannons, preferences, and I will only do SFW. This is for Assassins AND Templars... More

A Gift of Roses (AU Ezio X Reader)
Away for Too Long (Jacob X Reader)
Heads Up!
Misunderstood (Connor)
Show Off (Arno X Reader)
A Moment's Grace (Shay X Reader)
Caretaker (Edward X Reader)
UPDATE
Not Dead
Take a Break (Arno)

The First Sister (Altair X Reader)

13K 209 125
By ReiGn165

Because it seems to me like Altair has been forgotten in this franchise. He's totally on my top 5 list.

Have the first one shot! :D Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You had many nicknames. Thief, cutthroat, insect, rat, they were endless. But to some, many called you a myth, nothing but a fly on the wall. You'd end up in one place and then in another a few seconds later. People would catch glimpses of you every now and then, usually in the rich districts and yet yourself not even close to wealthy. You were always on the move, usually from guards and from being spotted; you were also careful with the people around you, you would gently push them aside to not alert nearby watchmen or you would stay to the shadows to avoid them. There was always a cape that covered your form, no dresses or long skirt, they weren't well suited for your type because you couldn't freely move around as much. You weren't like most women, women during that era were supposed to wear those kinds of clothing, but not you. You wore pants and tall boots, and a shirt that was tucked into your bottoms. There was also a leather belt that held pouches of the goods you had found through out Jerusalem strapped onto your hip, along with a hidden dagger and sword. You weren't the regular passerby, but unique and mysterious, different. You were given the name 'Nightingale' for your prowess and skill to stay hidden in plain sight.

Today was hot, hotter than the usual Jerusalem temperature. You were dying for some water, and the only source were the fountains nearby, but you'd look like a complete fool drinking from them so you carried on. Your hand reached for your pouch, but you sighed heavily as you felt nothing but a void in there, you needed money. But in order to do that you needed to be on the ground.

You surveyed the streets of Jerusalem and it's people below you, they went on with their chores and duties like they did everyday. The beggars would interrupt people who passed and the drunkards would push all who got near, it was the same old thing that you saw everyday. You had no home so you were on the move constantly, looting nobles and ransacking houses for anything useful that you could have. Sometimes you wished you could do something good, of course there was the stealing from the rich and giving to the poor thing, but you felt like your life had no goal, no meaning to what you were doing. You wanted to do more for the people, to help those who are in need of it most and be rid of the hypocrites and cowards who control the city. But how could you do that? One woman against a whole city of guardsmen? They'd lynch you for just finding out who you really were.

Deep in your thoughts, you were soon interrupted by a sight that caught your eye. You saw a white figure walking through the streets who looked to be like a monarch, but there was no way. Your gut was telling you there was more than meets the eyes to this person; it was a male judging by the person's figure, your (e/c) eyes saw the shape of a blade secured on his hip and a dagger tucked tightly in a leather strapping on his back. He was no ordinary man, and that meant precious loot for you. You smirked as you pulled your grey hood over your head and proceeded down the building, hoping he hadn't noticed you yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Altair had many things to do that day in Jerusalem, one was to deal with Malik and his constant insults and sass, he was in no mood for anything that would interrupt his schedule. He was in search for any clues or insights on where to find his target, and with his recent demotion and strip of his weapons he had to do it the hard way instead of straight answers.

Aside from that, he was also on his toes, more than usual after hearing about Jerusalem's current myth of the 'Nightingale.' He knew about the person's ways of stealing and giving to the poor, but that didn't make him any less cautious. The stories he heard were interesting, about how this character would be at one location and then be seen at another, the individual must have been a master of deception which was a mandatory quality for Assassins. He began to wonder if they were one themselves, but he never heard their name be mentioned at Masyaf so it wasn't possible.

Altair turned into an alley, his hand on his blade in case he was jumped. The city was full with guards, more than the day before. It seemed with each passing day as the Nightingale's name was passed on more guards would be on duty in the streets, waiting to strike and turn in the mysterious figure if caught. He could be their next target if he wasn't too careful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This heat is killing me, you thought as you kept shadowing the man in white. Sweat ran down your face and your clothing stuck to your body, you were in dire need of water. But for right now your main target was the man in front of you.

You landed quietly on the dirt and followed far enough behind the man, your eyes catching his pouch. As you approached him with your hand extended to his back, you instantly slowed down as you saw him turn his head slightly to the side, so you instantly moved to the opposite side hoping he wouldn't see you. And thankfully he didn't because he resumed his normal speed as before. You then went back to extend your arm.

You were so close to him that you could almost slips your hand into his pocket. You bit your lip as you focused on your objective, you weren't paying attention to what else was happening. Just a little more reach and his goods were yours.

That was until he stopped and you crashed into his back, your face buried into his clothing and soon you were harshly thrown up onto the cement wall in the alley. You squinted your eyes tightly and covered your head with your hands expecting a beating from the stranger for attempting to pickpocket him.

"What do you think you're doing?" You hear him say roughly. His large hands gripped your shirt tightly, hoisting you up onto your tiptoes. You struggled to get away as you clawed at his arm, the fabric of his clothing tangling with your fingers.

"I'm sorry! I-I mistook you for someone else!"

Your trembling and stuttering proved to him otherwise. He closed in on you, and that's when your fears became worse about the man. You could hear the shank of metal being brought out, and you watched in fear as he brought the small blade that was attached to his bracer up to your neck. You swallowed the lump in your throat and turned your head away.

"Alright, I'm sorry! Just put me down, man!"

Your hood masked your voice to mistake you for a young man, but as you pleaded for mercy the man in front of your lowered his blade a little only to pull your hood down and away from your face. He was shocked to see a woman, (h/c) hair that complemented her skin well and (e/c) eyes filled with fear, it was then his blade began to slowly fall to his side and go back into his bracer.

"A woman?" He asked, completely befuddled.

"Yes, a woman," you retorted sarcastically, your fear suddenly degrading from your body, "have you not seen one before?"

Altair looked you over. You wore clothing similar to men's which was odd, and you had weapons and leather strapped along your hips and over your shoulders. You were no ordinary citizen. There were cuts on your cheek and one along the bridge of your nose, clearing showing the man that you were accustomed to combat.

"What?" you say as you notice his staring. Your hands were now on your hips as you waited for an answer, eventually he spoke to you.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"Why do you care? Aren't you going to kill me?" You ask. He shook his head no which surprised you.

"You're not?"

"No." He said. "My name is Altair Ibn La Ahad, if it makes you feel better."

It was silence between you two now, at least for a few minutes until you finally gave him your answer.

"(Y/n), my name is (y/n)."

"Care to explain why you tried to steal from me?"

You pulled your hood back over your head to hide your eyes from Altair, his gaze was so intense that it made you falter in your speech, he wasn't a man to be trifled with especially after the incident your just had moments ago. What was he planning to do with you if you told him the truth? It would have been nice to live at least one more day.

"Um. . ." you begin, "you just looked, like someone who had something valuable on them so I thought,"

Altair watched as you stuttered, you rubbed your hands together as you tried to find your words to defend yourself, but it was obvious you weren't coming out of this not guilty. You watched as the man crossed his arms in front of you. He could see your fear and he didn't like seeing a lady frightened especially if he was the one who caused it, it was one of the qualities of his softer side that he never showed, but for you he made an exception.

"It's alright (y/n)." He said which caught your attention. You eased up as he looked at you with kind eyes, you couldn't see them though because of his white hood. He seemed honest with his words.

"I have no desire to harm you, I cannot kill the flesh of an innocent."

Cannot kill the flesh on an innocent? It sounds as if it was a rule.

"You can't?"

Altair shook his head.

You had heard the term used somewhere before as well, it was used by a man who wore similar clothing to Altair, white and shrouded. You had heard stories of a Creed that lived and worked in a city called Masyaf but you never deemed them true, but you had to come to the conclusion that this is what you were dealing with.

"You're. . . an Assassin, are you not?"

Altair froze for a moment as you said that word, Assassin. How did you know what he was? Have you had relations with the Creed before? He stared at you in confusion with his chocolate eyes.

"I have heard many things about your Creed Altair. I had thought about it many times if I should join and do something good with my life, protecting the people and riding of those who seek to destroy the world."

"There are no women in our Creed, you would be the first. Although I doubt my Master would simply let you become one of us."

You sighed. It would have been odd to be the only woman, but at least you were making a difference in the world, that's what you wanted to do; to have a home and friends, to increase your skills in combat and blend in with any crowd, not that you were already good at it.

"I suppose it's impossible then." You say as you droop your head. "Well then Altair, I bid you farewell. And again, I apologize for trying to. . . rob you."

Altair chuckled a bit, but as you turned to walk away he stopped you, his deep voice ringing pleasantly in your ears.

"That doesn't mean you can't try." He said as you turn to him. Your eyes stay on him as he comes closer. "I have business to finish here in Jerusalem. If you help me I'll bring you to Al Mualim, my Master. Perhaps he'll consider to let you join us, and from what I can tell you'll have no problem in showing him your skills with a blade."

You snickered as he eyed your gear. It was true, you could flatten a man within a second if you had to.

"You're very sure of it even though you've only met me Altair."

"I know talent when I see it."

You smiled at his little compliment and began to follow Altair as he led you out of the alley.

You felt different now as you accompanied Altair all throughout the city, pickpocketing and eavesdropping on people to find clues and answers to find his target. For once you actually felt useful for something, something important. You were ridding the world of one less monster that caused harm to it.

Altair would continuously look behind him to see you following closely, you were doing an excellent job working with him, it felt nice getting the job done quicker. You were an excellent fighter, which pleased him very much. . . maybe there was hope for you yet.

It was obvious you would be proven worthy of the very first female Assassin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First one shot for this. The first one and I rushed it. -sighs-

Also, prayers go out to those affected by the events in Paris! :( May God watch over you during these times!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 1.6K 44
I don't own the characters or your character. If you want to know more, please read the introduction. Note:- I don't write about AC Origin or Odyssey...
147K 2.5K 60
Any and all Assassins or Templars of the Assassin's Creed Franchise. *I only do SFW sorry guys* Requests are open and strongly encouraged
475K 12.1K 144
These one shots will consist of Desmond Miles, Altair Ibn La Ahad, Ezio Auditore, Connor Kenway, Edward Kenway, Haytham Kenway, Shay Cormac, Arno Dor...
3.9K 83 8
The past stays in the past. But now, it has to be undone. People from the past must now come back and train the new generation. These people were ver...