Clandestine

By AnneBrees

Two young girls from rival families must work together to save their lives. (the lovely cover was created by... More

Clandestine
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty six
thirty five*
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty
sixty one
sixty two
sixty three
sixty four
sixty five
sixty six
sixty eight
sixty nine
seventy
seventy one
seventy two
seventy three
seventy four
seventy five
seventy six
seventy seven
seventy eight
seventy nine
eighty
eighty one
eighty two
eighty three
epilogue
Author's Note

sixty seven

98 15 6
By AnneBrees

-diane-

I should try to tell Julia that her mother moved up my death date. I don't know what happened or what her mother did, but I at least expect that she tried to hide the phone. Maybe her mother will look for it but won't find it.

As I dial her number, I wish we had come up with different ways to contact each other. Anonymous email would work out fantastically right now.

Instead, I wait as it rings.

And rings.

It clicks as she answers the call.

But she doesn't say anything.

It must not be safe for her to talk. Maybe she can hear me, but won't risk saying anything in case she is overheard.

I say, "Julia, your mother moved the party up to tomorrow. I don't know what happened to you, but I need your help."

"This is just what I expected. Thank you for confirming my theory for me, my dear."

The phone clicks off.

Marcia Quintana. I'd recognize her chilling voice anywhere.

She must have gotten hold of the phone. Maybe she tortured the location out of Julia. Whatever lie Julia came up to defend herself, I just blew up. Her mother knows for certain that we are working together.

My phone rings again, causing me to flinch. It's Julia. At least, Julia's phone. Out of curiosity and pure fear, I answer. "Yes?"

There's laughter in the background. It sounds like Julia's. "Just so you know, we got you. It's been a lot of fun messing with Diane, hasn't it, Julia?"

"Oh yes. Sorry. Diane, you were sweet and all, but we just had to mess with you. Did you think that I would actually help you? I know what you and your father and your grandfather did to this country. I could never be friends with you." Julia says.

"Bye Diane." Marcia Quintana says.

Julia echoes, "Bye Diane. Hopefully I never have to talk to you again."

The phone clicks off as Marcia Quintana hangs up.

A part of me wants to believe this is true. That Julia was never helping me. It was all a joke with her mother. Because that would hopefully mean that my death date isn't true. It was all part of their little game.

But I recognized the tinniness to Julia's voice. It was a voice recording that Marcia Quintana must have hooked together to make the sentences. She wants me to believe that everything her daughter told me was fake.

I'm not that stupid.

Julia is on my side. And I'm on hers.

And right now?

Julia is the one that needs my help.    

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
156K 4.9K 32
"do i look like i give a shit if he's poseidons son?" water from the fountain splashed into her face, dripping from the dark ends of her hair "the f...
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
542K 13.4K 42
Psycho brothers and a little angel sister sounds not so good together right? so what happens when an sweet angel comes live with her lovesick pyscho...