Sirens in Seattle

By Forever_young325

When pre-med student Mia gets pulled over on her way to school, she doesn't think that the rude Officer Phoen... More

{chapter 2}
{chapter 3}
{chapter 4}
{chapter 5}
{chapter 6}
{chapter 7}
{chapter 8}
{chapter 9}
{chapter 10}
{chapter 11}
{chapter 12}
{chapter 13}
{chapter 14}
{chapter 15}
{chapter 16}
{chapter 17}
{chapter 18}
{chapter 19}
{chapter 20}
{Chapter 21}
{chapter 22}
{chapter 23}
{chapter 24}
{chapter 25}
{chapter 26}
{chapter 27}
{chapter 28}
{chapter 29}
{Chapter 30}
{chapter 31}
{chapter 32}
{chapter 33}
{chapter 34} Christmas love
{chapter 35}
chapter 36
{chapter 37}
{chapter 38}
{chapter 39}
chapter 40
{chapter 41}
Epilogue
New Story Posted

{Chapter 1}

133K 2.4K 717
By Forever_young325

Disclaimer: Even though I have Nina Dobrev as the base of my character, that does not mean she looks exactly like her. I just picture her with some similar facial structures. 

Waking up on time is not my thing. Not in high school, so definitely not in college. Especially living in Seattle, Washington where it feels like it rains 97.7 percent of the time. Staying in my bed wrapped in my fuzzy blankets was more of my thing, while eating some type of Chinese takeout watching television when I wasn't studying like crazy.

My phone buzzed again telling me to seriously get out of bed this time, after I chose to ignore it the first few times. I picked it up and shut the alarm off and closed my eyes for a few more seconds before I finally rolled out of warmth into the cold air of my apartment, since I had forgot to turn my heat up before I finally went to bed.

I had a bad habit of forgetting to turn the heater on at night and waking up near death from hypothermia.

I moaned as I dragged my sock covered feet over to my computer desk to turn my Spotify playlist on.

Deciding to go into pre -med straight out of high-school thrilled my parents so much they agreed to let me stay in an apartment rather than the on campus dorms, which I was over thrilled about since I had heard so many dorm related horror stories. Although the privacy was amazing, I often found myself feeling slightly lonely.

When you have two parents who are both surgeons they want someone to hand the legacy down to and it wasn't going to be my older sister ,Ellie,who decided to get into acting and modeling, which is actually working out in her case because she is overly stunning. Her career was skyrocketing as of late and she was always on the road meeting with large companies. My dad of course nearly had a heart attack when he realized she was serious about this career choice, and I had no guts to stand up to him that way.

I continued to set my Spotify playlist to Today's Top Hits on my desktop, before grabbing my towel and turning up the shower water in attempt to heat up the below zero bathroom.

Can't feel my face by The Weekend played in the background while it heated and I mumbled the words, attempting to energize myself and swaying my hips slightly in the mirror making myself feel a little more confident about the day.

The shower lasted longer than I anticipated but it was worth it. The hot water cleansed my body and warmed up my frozen bones, letting me feel better prepared for my day up ahead. I also threw in shaving my legs and deep conditioning because those are two things I was in much need of, and I was a sucker for some self care moves.

Getting out was another task and I was super careful to not slip as I made my way back to my closet, because as sad as it is, I have done it many times.

I slipped on my thick black yoga pants and a light pink long sleeve in attempt to be comfortable but still kind of cute.

Wrapping my hair In a towel to avoid my curls dripping all over my clothes,  I made my way to the small kitchen and turned my stove oven on to warm up some pizza I've basically been living off for a week since I've been studying my ass off.

Being a pre med student is the single most hardest thing a person can do in life. It was more than hard, it was was impossible. I've probably actually got more hours being awake than I do asleep, due to the fact I often pull all nighters.

The work was demanding and difficult and it made you want to cry out in frustration but there was something about the challenge that made it feel amazing when you get a paper or test back and see a big fat A written on top.

I was only able nibble on my pizza since it had reached a point where no longer even tasted like pizza. Still hungry, I no choice but to discard it and finish getting ready. I made a mental note that I seriously needed to go out and get some more groceries , or even fresh takeout.

Back in my room I slicked my brown hair into a donut bun , to assure it would stay out of my face throughout the day and my curls would not frizz out. I took my time moisturizing my face and applied a light coverage  foundation along with some of my favorite mascara. Bronzer and highlight were added to make up for my simple outfit.  This cold weather kept my skin dry, not allowing me to opt for more full coverage like I preferred.

Giving myself one last look over in the mirror before I needed to leave, I made another mental note that I needed to spend a little more time on myself in the mornings, and get my eyelash extensions re-done. Despite the cold weather my skin stayed on the more tan side, and my eyes were more of a dull green. I lastly slipped on my black rain jacket and swooped my umbrella that sat ready for me by the door.

I grabbed my keys, wallet and badge, which allowed me to get into the med unit on our campus and headed to my parked car that sat in the garage near the apartment complex.

 The rain can't be that bad  I had told myself when I pressed the accept admission button to this university. 

I was forced to rush to my car as quickly as possible.(without slipping and breaking my neck). That was always a possibility of water was involved. Too many episodes of Untold Stories of The E.R taught me that.

Once I was snugly in my my car I blasted the heater and turned up the radio.

"Oh lover don't you dare slow down"
"Go longer you can last more rounds"

Satisfied with the song I was able to get on to the main road comfortably, but at wildly slow pace due to how slow everyone drove in the rain.

I've always had a small problem with speeding here in Seattle. I was from California originally (my family recently also moved to Washington) and without the constant rain, I was able to cruise down the road at a more steady pace than I was able to here. In California, no cop no stop we called it and everyone sped together so overall no one could get pulled over. 

So when I was singing rather loudly to "Motivation" I didn't notice the flashing blue and red lights behind me until I heard over an intercom "The black four door Ford Explorer, pull over"

I instantly turned down my radio a down and cursed my self looking for a place to pull over, that wouldn't flood my car since the gutters were high with water.

Finally I spotted a small shopping center with a few grocery store, so I quickly turned my blinker on and pulled into the nearest  parking spot huffing at the cop and myself. 

I pulled over and grabbed my license and registration and had them ready as the officer tapped on my window. I realized he was cute so I tried to sit up a little straighter , ready to charm my way out of this one. 

I so didn't want to have to call my parents and explain yet another ticket.

"Do you know how fast you were going?" The officer asked leaning his arms against my window, letting the rain inside of my car.

He was tall with dirty blonde/ brown hair, I couldn't be sure as he was soaking wet, making his hair darker that it would normally be. He was a bit thin, but you could see the lean muscle he carried on him through his uniform shirt that clung to him in the rain, since he didn't have his jacket zipped up.

"Um the speed limit?" I asked smiling trying to hopefully make him smile.

He was unamused and snatched my license out of my hands, making me groan internally.

"Do you know how dangerous it is to drive in these conditions as fast as you were going?" He commented in a rather harsh tone.

"I'm really sorry , I was just late to classes and I was trying to make it on time-" he cut me off as I tried to save my ass.

"So you making it on time was worth costing your life and possibly others?" He snapped.

I closed my mouth and crossed my arms, totally giving up the nice and flirty act.

I didn't want to argue with an officer, but he wasn't too much older than me and was being overly rude. Plus all I could honestly focus on is how he was letting rain getting into my car, and freezing the hell out of me.

"No need to be so rude." I muttered to myself in a bit of irritation.

His eyes snapped up to mine and tossed my license back to me and ripped off a ticket he quickly wrote.

"Have a great day Amelia" He sarcastically marked before walking back to his car.

I waited until he drove away and was back on the road before I myself pulled out and back into the direction of my school.

I cursed his rudeness, hoping he was cold from being out in the rain and hopefully I would never have to encounter him again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 649 49
One direct text message. To the wrong person. Coincidence, fate, mistake, call it whatever you want. All Mia Lynch knows is that when she texted so...
13.2K 628 15
The Mayor's daughter, Mia Johnson, has just had it with her "simple" and "boring" life. She wishes for danger and excitement, something her plain eve...
8.5K 274 10
"You can't be saved now, darling." Bradford x Original Character x Nolan
3.9K 146 23
A sexy cop starts going around Everlyn's school and it seems like they can't keep their hands off each other or feelings to themselves. There's just...