Shadowhunter

TwoWritersWriting által

You know the story of Jace Wayland and Clary Fray, but what you didn't know is that Jace had an adoptive sist... Több

Pandemonium
The Mundane
Consequences
Waffles
Thank You
Another Mother
Apology

The Institute

771 21 10
TwoWritersWriting által

"What is this place?" Camille walked over to a statue that was placed in the middle of the room. It was a beautiful, stone angel. In the hand of the towering statue was a chalice and in the other was a large book with the words 'The Clave' inscribed on the spine. Jace walked up behind her and placed a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"This," He gestured to the whole room with an open hand. "is where passing Shadowhunter come and stay for shelter." She looked all around the room. Most of it was in shadows with only tiny glows of distant lamp light. Other than it being dark, it was magnificent. The ceiling was so high, it was impossible for Camille to see the end of it. There was a single staircase leading to the second floor, where she saw many doorways that lead into more darkness.

"So it's like a boarding house?" She asked as she walked over to a little table beside the towering front doors. There was a fine layer of dust coating the surface of the polished, stained cedar. There was a framed picture of two adults and three children. Jace silently walked behind her and scoffed.

"I guess you could say that." He said. Camille jumped slightly as his presence behind her startled her. Jace buried his hands deep into his pockets as she examined the picture.

"Who are they?" She pointed at the dust covered portrait. His gaze fell on her curious one.

"The Lightwoods," He said as if she was supposed to understand. "They own this place. This is Maryse Lightwood," He pointed to the women of the two adults. "That's Robert Lightwood," His finger traced a line of dust over to the man. "And those are Alec and Isabelle Lightwood, and Max, their children." He circled the three children. There was now a line connecting the mother to the father and the father and mother to the children, captured in an oval. Camille nodded as she replaced the photo in its right place.

"Do they live here?" She asked. Turning to face Jace for the answer. He nodded with as a strand of his golden hair fell into his eyes. He swept it back with a flick of a rune-covered hand.

"They all do, along with me and Hodge."

"Hodge?" She cocked her head to the side in confusion. He grinned.

"Hodge is our tutor. He teaches us everything we need to know so that we don't have to go to a real school." He hesitated for a moment, as if he were holding his breath. "I'm sure, the Lightwoods would certainly let you stay. They are very welcoming people. I'll take you to them." He left without giving any indication. Camille had to jog to keep up with his wide strides. They walked up the staircase and turned into a large library. The sight was breathtaking. The walls were wallpapered with shelves from the floor all the way to the ceiling that were filled with books. There wasn't a single empty space that didn't have a book in it. Camille's eyes flickered to try and see every book, but it was almost impossible. She looked around to see that Jace had continued walking without her. She took off at a fast pace to walk by his side. They walked to the middle of the room, where a couple, a man and a women, sat in reading chairs with their noses buried in books. Jace cleared his throat as he tried to gain their attention. The women, Camille assumed to be Maryse, looked up at Jace with a kind smile.

Then her gaze fell on Camille, her smile faded almost instantly. When the man beside Mayrse, obviously Robert, looked up, his expression was the same as his partners. Jace smirked at himself.

"I have brought another Shadowhunter to the Institute." He said and instantly their expressions changed from surprised to relieved.

"You know what to do," Robert said with a wave of his hand. "Go find her a room and find her something to eat." Jace looked confused.

"I don't think you understand," He said with an oddly rising temper. "She needs to live here..." The man looked up again. "Forever." Jace finished.

"Live here? What do you mean, Jace?" Maryse spoke for the first time.

"I mean, I rescued her from an abusive family, who never trained her to be who she is and treated her terribly. She needs to stay here!" His voice was stern. There seemed to be no way anything could change his mind.

"How old are you, dear?" Maryse addressed Camille. Camille looked up at Jace, who nodded.

"Nine." She said quietly. Robert looked over at Maryse with a smile tugging at one corner of his mouth. He had stunning features, not as amazing as Jace had, but he was still stunning to look at. His jet black hair complemented his shocking blue eyes that seemed to be outlined with a darker blue. Despite the rune scars on his face, he had a marvelous completion.

"Very well," Said Maryse closing her book. "The girl shall stay and you, Jace," She narrowed her eyes on him. "Shall be the one who will train her." She said with a devious smile. Jace nodded in appreciation. Maryse was just as beautiful as the man. While her hair was black also, it was long, about waist length with the same shocking blue eyes.

"Thank you," Camille said quietly, so quietly that they barely heard her.

"What is your name, young lady?" Robert asked.

"Worthington. Camille Worthington." She said with a sudden twang of pride. They looked at each other again.

"Miss Worthington, it is very nice to meet you and we are most excited to have you stay with us." Maryse stood up and took Camille's hands in her own. "You may call me Maryse and this is my husband, Robert." He stood also and stood beside his wife with the same warming expression. They looked towards Jace.

"Why don't you go introduce Camille to Alec and Isabelle." He smiled at them and took Camille by the hand once again.

They entered the hall and went back down the stairs. Jace eventually let Camille's hand go as he realized how strange it was. Camille, on the other hand, didn't mind so much. They came across the kitchen that was quite modern for the rest of the Institute. It had linoleum black and white checkered floor and burgundy appliances. A boy sat at the counter as he watched a girl cook something that smelled quite strange on the stove. The girl was faced away from them, only the back of her was visible. Her long black hair cascaded down her back straight as sticks. She was tall. Camille guessed she was about fifteen or sixteen. The boy resembled his father. Jet black hair and crystallized blue eyes. His nose was scrunched as the smell of whatever was cooking got to him. When Jace walked into the room with Camille at his heels, the boy completely forgot about the smell and turned to look at them. They caught the girls attention as well. She covered the boiling substance and turned just like the boy.

"Jace?" The boy hissed. It reminded Camille of a frightened cat.

"Alec, Isabelle," Jace announced as if they were attending a royal ball. "This is Camille. She will be living here now." Isabelle's eyes grew wide and Alec went pale.

"You mean you brought a mundane to live here?" Isabelle shouted. Alec said nor did anything. He was patiently waiting for Jace to explain.

"She's not a mundane!" Jace shouted back at Isabelle. She looked like he took the spoon she was cooking with and slapped her across the face with it. "She is of Shadowhunter blood, but she is untrained." His voice calmed a bit. Alec still looked petrified.

"If she is untrained, then why does she have the rune on her face?" Alec finally spoke up. Jace looked at him with an "isn't-it-obvious" expression.

"Her mother scarred her, so I put that rune on her so that it would heal!" Alec sank back down into his chair. Camille felt awkward in this situation. It wasn't everyday that she was the center of attention. Although, she was used to everyone being mad and blaming her for everything.

"Your mother scarred you?" Isabelle asked her quietly. She sounded like it was impossible for a mother to be abusive. Camille nodded awkwardly. Alec looked thoughtfully at his sister, who reciprocated his look.

"Are you sure you're a Shadowhunter?" Alec asked to be sure. Camille looked to the floor. No one had ever asked her that question, so she never knew how to answer it. She looked back up with tears in her eyes. She embarrassingly blinked them away and shook her head.

"I am of Shadowhunter parents, but have never been taught in the works. My mother never tried to teach me. I was never supposed to exist or so my brother tells me. I was the product of bad decisions and unclear minds." The words came out like poison as Isabelle listened. In that moment, something in Isabelle and Alec's heart clicked. They accepted Camille as she was and treated her like their own sister.

As Camille got older, Jace, Alec, and Isabelle trained her and Hodge educated her. She became one of the best Shadowhunters her age and she owed it all to Jace. If he had never found her in that Church, she would have never found true happiness.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

118K 5.9K 55
(y/n) (l/n) a girl who was born in the modern world who somewhat ends up in the taisho era of demon slayer. Her sassiness and eccentric attitude capt...
295K 27.6K 64
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
599K 13.4K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
963K 36.5K 87
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...