Magnet (Hetalia x Reader)

Par burgersnscones

You just left your hometown in order to attend a university in London, England for an entire year. You can't... Plus

Conflict 1: Strangers
Conflict 2: Sky
Conflict 3: Coffee
Conflict 4: Past
Conflict 5: Lies
Conflict 6: Words
Conflict 7: Rain
7.5
Conflict 8: Nostalgia
Conflict 10: Smirk
Conflict 11: Idiot
Conflict 12: Jealousy
Conflict 13: Persistence
Conflict 14: World
Conflict 15: Progress
Conflict 16: Breakfast
Conflict 17: Comfort
Conflict 18: Nordics
Conflict 19: Schemes
Conflict 20: Resume
Conflict 21: Magic
Conflict 22: Monster
Conflict 23: Countdown
Epilogue
12.5 Alfred
14.5
18.5
20.5

Conflict 9: More

4.8K 171 372
Par burgersnscones

"Y-you guys know each other?" The young woman managed to stutter. She knew she had to do something to relieve the growing tension.

   "Unfortunately" Alfred's tone was harsh, hostile. His eyes were glaring at the Russian.

   "We've been good friends for long time now" Ivan was smiling, and his voice was sweet. Sickeningly sweet, like poison. However, his smile was different when he turned to the girl. It didn't look like a smile of a madman ready for murder, it was warm "You know him, da?"

   She nodded, "We were seatmates in the plane I rode for England. I think I told you about it before"

   "Wait, 'before'?" The Alfred grabbed her arm from her side reflexively. He unknowingly put more pressure than he intended with that ludicrous amount of strength he had. That did not go unnoticed.

   The Russian's smile vanished and he swiped her wrist free from Alfred's monstrous grip. The girl flinched at the suddenness of the movement, letting out a soft squeak. Ivan gently pushed her behind him while he scowled at the American who returned the expression.

   "You're hurting the little sunflower."

   "And you think that what you're doing now is any better?"

   "Shouldn't you be in your room playing your mindless videogames?"

   "Shouldn't you be in the basement slaughtering puppies?"

   The young woman's eyes widened at the last word.

   "OATMEAL!"

   Ping

   "What?" The two forgot each other for a second and looked at the girl who shrugged away from Ivan's hold.

   "M-my dog, I forgot about him" She ran inside the elevator and quickly shut the steel bars before pushing the 'G' button, "I gotta go"

   "Wait what about your videogame?" Alfred shouted when the elevator started to move.

   "I'll pick it up tomorrow morning!"

   Right now all that mattered was her beloved puppy.

   "Oatmeal?" The white door creaked open and the young woman walked inside, "Oatmeal, I'm home" She locked the door behind her. The stiffness in her shoulders disappeared when the chubby Labrador ran out her bedroom and pounced at her legs.

   "Oh thank goodness no one found you yet" She cradled him in her arms, "Let's go eat before we hit the sack, okay?"

   "Arf!"

   "All right"

   With a towel wrapped around her hair, Name stepped out of the shower. As she changed in her blue and white pajamas, something red on her laundry basket caught her eye. She walked over to it and picked up Antonio's jacket.

   'I still haven't given this back. And he has my book! I might never get it back' she groaned in frustration. However a thought came to her head, 'Then again... I've been meeting random guys who I end up crossing paths with sooner or later. Maybe...'

   "Nah" She felt silly. Surely it was pure coincidence, right?

   "Arf!" The puppy scampered inside and started tugging her pajamas, "Arf! Arf!"

   "What? Wanna play ball again?"

   "Arf!"

   "Okay, okay. But only for a few minutes, I have to study"

   She left the jacket on the basket for its story is for another chapter.

   "I better go get my game from Alfred..." The young woman put Oatmeal's licked-clean bowl in the sink along with her glass of milk.

   "I'll be out for a while, Oatmeal" She put on her sweater and slung her purse over her shoulder before holding the doorknob however the puppy protested with a whine.

   "I'm sorry, Oatmeal, I can't take you with me"

   "Mhm..." He tilted his head, staring at the girl with his inky eyes.

   "Hey that's not fair"

   He waited.

   Name sighed in defeat, "Fine, you win!"

   He barked in victory.

   "Let me just get my backpack"

"Now, I don't know if they let animals in, so please behave" She begged the puppy that she carried inside her bag as she stopped walking a few meters from the Rosewater Inn. Licking her lips, Name watched the doormen and guards greet guests.

   "Oh!"

   "Ow!"

   Oatmeal squirmed but remained quiet. Name turned around when she bumped someone and immediately apologized.

   "My fault, sorry" The stranger smiled shyly. Shoulder-length blonde hair, purple eyes, round glasses.

   "Matthew, right?" Name said, "It's Name, from last night?"

   "Oh, yes. Alfred girlfriend, eh?"

   The girl grinned and shook her head, "No, not girlfriend. Just someone he met in an airplane and made friends with"

   "My mistake, sorry"

   "It's fine" She waved it off, "Um... may I ask you something?"

   "Yes, sure"

   "Do you think they let animals in there?" She glanced at the hotel.

   "Yes, but only if you're going to check in"

   "Oh."

   Matthew put his hand on his nape and lowered his gaze down to his feet, "I can... I can take you inside as my guest i-if you want"

   "Is that okay?"

   "I don't mind. You're the first person to remember my name without my needing to remind you"

   'What?'

   "Okay, thank you!" She carefully pulled out her pup out her bag. He glanced at her then at Matthew whom he gave a confused look at.

   "Oatmeal, this is Matthew. He's going to help us get in the hotel so you be nice to him, okay?" He nodded and she held him close to her.

"He's very cute" Matthew said as they got inside the ever-familiar lobby.

   "Thanks. I found the poor thing in a carton box out in the rain and I just wouldn't be able to live with myself if I left him there"

   "You love puppies?"

   "I love all animals. I used to eat meat when I was a kid but I accidentally watched a documentary about where we get meat and well..." She shivered at the memory, "I wasn't able to stomach any more meat after that"

   "So you're vegan?"

   "Nope, vegetarian. I still drink cow's milk"

   "But, you're against eating meat?" They entered the elevator.

   "Not really 'against' per se. I mean I know that meat is delicious, I mean I used to eat it but I guess I was traumatized at the sight of a goat losing its head to a machete"

   Matthew chuckled, "I see"

   "Does that make me picky?"

   "No, I... I think it's sweet" He glanced at her and they exchanged smiles.

   "Here we are. Room 1776"

   "Thanks, Matthew"

   "You can call me Mattie"

   "Okay, thanks Mattie"

   The young woman tapped on the door with her knuckles, "Alfred? It's me. I came to get my game"

   Nothing.

   "Alfred?" She knocked again.

   Nothing.

   "That's weird" She turned to Matthew, "Do you think he's asleep?"

   "I do. Believe me it isn't weird, I knew that telling him about the meeting wouldn't make a difference"

   "Then why did you?"

   "Because... no matter what I do he's still my brother"

   "Aaw"

   "Please don't say 'aw'" He began to blush, "I-I don't really do well when girls stare at me either"

   "Is that so?"

   "Yeah but... m-mostly when they smell nice, n-no I-I mean...!" His cheeks were hot.

   The young woman giggled, "You're so adorable, Mattie" She rubbed Oatmeal's nose, "But I should probably just come back when he's you know, awake"

   "No, you can" Mattie averted his gaze.

   "Yeah?"

   "Y-you can wait in my suite if you want. That is if... is you don't have anything else to do"

   She grinned, "I'll take your offer, Mr. Canada"

"Woah..." She was expecting something like Alfred's bachelor pad but the Matthew's suite was quite cozy.

   There was a brick fireplace attached to the wall with an antique clock on top of it. The walls were dark beige, complimented by the dark furniture.

   It was the inside of a cabin hidden in the winter woods.

   "Take a seat. Make yourself comfortable" Matthew shut the door and took off his cream coat before heading towards the kitchenette.

   "Are the rooms not identical?" She asked.

   "Only the VIP rooms are unique from the rest, they were made to fit the guests' tastes"

   "Oh..." She was a little taken aback by the casual way he spoke of the room with luxury that would give a regular person a heart attack. After observing the room for a short while, she found a comfortable spot on the burgundy couch, setting Oatmeal down beside her.

   "Who're you?"

   She turned around and let out a brief shriek, quickly hugging the barking Oatmeal as she shot up to her feet.

   A baby polar bear.

   "What is it? Are you okay?" Matthew appeared with two white mugs with maple leaves on them.

   "Who're you?" The bear asked the blonde boy who looked exasperated Matthew answered, "I'm your owner"

   "D-d-did that b-b-bear just t-talk?"

   "ARF! ARF!" Oatmeal barked loudly.

   The young man seemed to have grasped the situation and instantly tried to calm her down, "No, no it's okay. Just, just calm down. Breathe. I can explain"

"So let me get this straight" Name attempted to comprehend everything that Matthew just told her for the last ten minutes, "Y-you're the personification of Canada, and Alfred is... America?"

   "Yes"

   "And there are more of you?"

   "As many countries there are"

   "Y-you mean to tell me... that you are Canada the country, a-and the talking polar bear is just one of the many other unknown creatures there are?"

   "Yes"

   The girl fell back on her seat with stupor on her face, "Wow, I... wow" Oatmeal turned his attention from Kumajirou whom he was having a staring contest with to his owner, nestling his head in the gap between her ankles.

   "I know it sounds crazy, and I normally don't tell this to every person I meet but after you just saw Kumahiro—"

   "You told me his name is Kumajirou"

   "Right, so after you saw Kumarijou I had to report you to my superior and he'd have your memories wiped out"

   "So why didn't you?"

   Matthew raised his hand, shaking his head, "I-I don't know. You're the first friend I made who didn't mistake me for Alfred or forgot my name the second time we met, a-and I like that in a person!" His sudden outburst surprised both of them but the girl's lips folded into a small smile.

   "Matt! Open up will ya, bro?" Alfred banged on the other side of the door.

   "Well, he's awake" She and the Canadian got up.

   "Matt, c'mon, I—"

   "Yes, Alfred?" Matthew cut his brother's words short when he answered the door.

   "I lost my tie, and I need to borrow yours"

   "Didn't you bring any extras?"

   "No, but I know you did"

   "Fine" Matthew sighed in exasperation, "I'll go get one"

   Alfred flashed his award-winning smile, "Sweet. Thanks, bro!"

   Matthew left Alfred and Name alone. The former only just then noticed the latter and out of habit, embraced her "Dudette, I missed you so much!"

   "Alfred, we just spent hours together last night playing video games"

   "Yeah I know but that's not enough!"

   "Well, I'm here now"

   "You came to see me?"

   "Uh, sure... No I only came to get my video game"

   "That's mean, dudette!" She threw her head back, laughing "I'm kidding. I also came to tell you that I had an awesome night with you"

   "Likewise" He winked. She rolled her eyes.

   "Alfred, I only brought three extras. Now, do you want the navy blue one or the cornflower blue?" Matthew reappeared, holding two ties of different shades of blue.

   "I dunno" Alfred's eyes gazed at the first tie then to the second back and forth. He turned to the girl next to him, "What do you think?"

   "Let's see..." She took the ties from Matthew and then held both up to Alfred. She occasionally put away one trying to contemplate if the other was better, "Hm..." She switched the ties, placing each on his chest before deciding: "Both look good on you. But I think navy blue is more appealing."

   "Think so?" He asked but his eyes were on her

   "Yep"

   "All right thanks" He took the tie, his hand held hers a little too longer than necessary but quick enough as to not catch notice, "C'mon, I'll give you back your game" Before stepping outside the room, Name called for Oatmeal and looked at Matthew, "You know you're a really sweet guy, Mattie... I like you" She said and let the door swing close after her and her pup. Her words left Matthew blushing furiously.

***

Alfred handed her the DVD, "Here you go"

   "Thank you" She stuffed it inside her leather backpack, "I heard you guys have a meeting to attend to so I'll just be on my way"

   "Hey"

   "Yeah?"

   "Do you wanna come over some time again? You know, doesn't even have to be videogames maybe we could hang out at the arcade again"

   She put her hands on her hips and a smirk found its way to her lips "Is that an invitation to a date?"

   "That depends, are you going to say yes?"

   "Sorry, I... I don't really go on dates. Too busy with my studies and all" 'And I still haven't recovered from my first boyfriend'

   "Oh no, no I meant to say as in like, y'know, like a playdate"

   She raised an eyebrow in suspicion "A 'playdate'? Are you serious?"

   "No, not playdate. I meant to say, hang out—do you wanna hang out some time?"

   She opened her mouth, head down before closing her lips and opening them again as she faced him "Okay"

   "I totally understand if you don't but—wait, really?"

   "Yeah, I would like to hang out some time"

   Alfred couldn't stop himself "Great, great"

   "Great" She nodded.

   "So um, just come over or whatever if you want. Or I'll call you"

   "Sure" She grinned.

   "So, I'll see you"

   "See you" She picked up her dog and got out the suite.

***

"Oatmeal, did you like Kumajirou?" The girl asked her pup, who tailed her as she walked back to her block. He barked to say 'yes'. She giggled "That's good to hear. Because I get a feeling that we'll be seeing those two brothers a lot"

   "THIEF! Get back here!" Name heard someone with a heavy German accent yell from a distance. Oatmeal spread his legs in an aggressive manner. His short brown tail stood stiffly behind him. He began growling, which soon blew up into angry barking, and Name saw that a lanky man in a grey hoodie was running towards her with a camera in his hand.

   "Thief!"

   "Get out of my way!" The girl watched him lift his arm as he came faster and faster towards her, ready to shove her out of the way.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

95K 3.8K 199
Hey Guys! (Former HetaWarts) AProudAsian here! 0W0 I have three series for this book and this happens to be number 2! Keep in mind that the jokes her...
68.3K 2.3K 26
It has been a year since you moved to England, but your quiet afternoon is interrupted by a surprise party held by your human and "country" friends...
29.6K 496 47
Hetalia Oneshots * aph hetalia * 2p! hetalia * nyotalia Requests always open! **Just really whatever I feel when I write...
2.4K 36 6
Welcome to this story. I am Emma and I have many story's I am working on. I have lots of things to do, and my motivation is shit. I will try to finis...