Walking in the Wind

By girlxalmighty

"but it's not the end, I'll see your face again..." More

Intro
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 1

62 2 3
By girlxalmighty

I was seven years old, sitting with my best friend, whose name is Harry.

"One day, I want to travel the world," I say in fascination to him. "You can come with me if you want!"

"Okay!" He replies, grinning widely. "We can see the whole wide world together!"

- - - - -

Year 4

"Do you want to play a game with me, Harry?" I ask him on the playground.

"Like what?" He asks.

"I don't know," I reply. "The monkey bars are cool. Let's race to see who can get to the other side faster!"

- - - - -

Year 6

"I don't like running. You always win," I tell Harry with a pout. "It isn't fair."

Harry grins. "Maybe next time I'll run with you. We can be running buddies. How about that?"

I instantly brighten up.  "Sure!" I exclaim. "As long as I don't feel so slow."

"No, you're one of the fastest runners in our year! Don't call yourself slow, you're fine just the way you are!" Harry tells me.

I smile at him. "Thank you," I say.

- - - - -

Year 8

"Do you like school?" I ask Harry one day during lunch.

"Well, yeah, it's fun and you get to hang out with a lot of your friends!" He replies. "Why?"

"I don't know..." I reply. "I find that it's confusing. Either I don't have many friends or people just don't like me."

"A lot of people like you, Calypso! You just don't see how many people adore you and want to be you! Just look at that girl over there." He points out a girl behind me across the cafeteria.

"I'm pretty sure she's looking at you," I tell him. "I mean, you're pretty good looking and cute."

"So you're saying you fancy me?" He asks, grinning.

"No, no!" I exclaim, blushing. "Not that I don't fancy you, but... I don't know! Stop making me feel so awkward Harry!" I laugh. "Well you're my best friend, why would I not like you?"

- - - - -

Year 10

"School is so hard," I complain to Harry while running an hand through my hair. "I don't understand like ninety nine percent of what we're learning." I laugh.

"That's okay!" Harry replies, laughing. "Here, I'll help you with your homework."

A couple of girls in the library look at Harry, but then see that I am with him. They give me dirty looks.

Oh god, I think they're jealous.

"Is something wrong?" Harry asks me, looking at my eyes. He turns around to see where I'm looking at.

"No, nothing's wrong! It's totally fine!" I say, smiling.

"Well, if you say so," he replies, smiling back at me. "Are you sure though?"

"Yeah, I'm sure," I tell him, nodding. "Everything's alright."

"Alright," he says. "But you know I'm here for you, no matter what, right?" He leans over and hugs me.

"I know," I reply, smiling and hugging him back.

- - - - -

Year 11

It was July. School was almost over. I was hanging out at Harry's house, watching a movie and eating some snacks. Gemma, Harry's older sister, was there with us because she had nothing to do.

"Has he asked you out yet?" She asks me while Harry was in the kitchen.

I laugh. "What?"

"You know what I'm talking about! I heard that he likes you and wants to date you." Gemma smiles. "That cheeky little lad has a crush on you."

I blush. "Really?" I ask, grinning.

"Yes, really," she replies. "Let's just hope he does it soon because you guys are too cute to not be together."

- - - - -

Year 12

One day, during winter break, Harry and I walked around London. We went in and out of shops and looked at all the tourist destinations. Since my parents have never brought me to look around London, this was all so fascinating-like as if I were a tourist myself. Harry knew that I have never been to see Big Ben or ride on the London Eye or see one of those giant double-decker buses. With that knowledge, he took me to London, to see everything in person, not just in pictures anymore.

"Can we ride on the London Eye?" I ask Harry excitedly as we near the area. Without answering, I take his hand, and pull him towards the giant Ferris wheel. As I take out my wallet to pay for us, Harry stops me.

"I'll pay, Calypso," he says. "After all, I am the one who brought you here." He smiles.

"Are you sure? I can pay for myself, it's no big deal!" I say.

"Yeah, I'm sure. I'll pay for both of us, it's completely fine!"

"I'll pay you back someday," I tell him, watching as he pays the man to go onto the Ferris wheel.

"There's no need for that, Calypso. I'm totally fine spending money on you." He grins.

"You don't have to do that, you know?" I tell him while smiling, poking his cheek with my index finger.

"I know," he replies, smiling. "I want to though."

We hurriedly get into the capsule. There was nobody else in the line, so there was nobody inside the capsule with us.

'Strange,' I thought. 'Normally there would be a ton of people waiting in line, but there aren't any people today.'

I walk up to the window, looking out across London as we ascend. More and more of the city becomes visible.

"This view is so breathtaking!" I exclaim.

"Yeah, it sure is," Harry agrees with me. He walks over to me, and wraps an arm around my waist. I look up at him, and he's smiling at me.

"You're so perfect, Calypso," he says.

"How?" I ask, smiling back at him.

"I just love you. I love how you joke around with me, I love how you can be so tough but also sensitive at times, I love how you always try to stay up just to talk to me, even if it's to the early morning hours. It's sweet. You're just so easygoing and carefree; that's what makes you so cute and lovable. I love you for you. So, Calypso... will you umm..."

"Yes?" I ask, smiling.

"Calypso, will you be my girlfriend?" He asks.

"Yes," I reply in less than a blink. Harry instantly wraps his arms around me.

"I'm so glad you said yes, Calypso," he says, burying his face in my neck as he hugs me.

"I'm happy I said yes, too," I tell him, hugging him back. "I've always liked you, but I wasn't sure if you liked me back the same way."

"Now I can call you mine and have the excuse to always shower you with hugs and kisses." He grins cheekily as he pulls away.

I laugh. "Oh really?" I ask, smiling.

"Yes," he says, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

- - - - -

Year 13

"Calypso, will you go with me to prom?" Harry asks, a cheeky smile on his face. He's holding a bouquet of roses and his friends are holding cute posters and signs.

I smile while blushing madly. "Yes," I reply, running up to Harry and hugging him. "I will."

"I love you, Calypso," Harry says.

"I love you too, Harry," I reply, smiling.

-*-*-*-

AN ~ I hope you guys liked this little background/preview of their school days and their relationship !

I would love it if you guys could vote, comment, and share this story and tell all your friends about it ! It'd mean a lot to me (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 4.7K 40
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...
65K 1.3K 47
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A messy relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando...
79.3K 1.8K 33
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
467K 31.6K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...