Death Do Us Part ✧ klaus mika...

By -chosenone

[BOOK ONE] 100 days. That's all Amber Rose had left until she went to the dark side of her coven in New Orlea... More

A/N
Before
1. No Place Like Home
2. Bourbon Street
3. Day One
5. Talking To The Dead
6. Hostage
7. Will's Visit
8. Amber's First Mikaelson Ball
9. Revenge Is Sweet
10. Klamber
11. Death Under The Mistletoe
12. Sacrifices
13. See You Soon
14. Finding A Way
15. The Ritual
16. Secret Rendevous
Memories

4. Bonding With Elijah

21.6K 565 184
By -chosenone

100 days till the ritual

Amber jolted up from her bed screaming in terror and pain. 100 days till the ritual was enough to give her body a glimpse of what life was going to be like after it. The terror of wanting to kill people, the pain after it happens.

Elijah rushed into the room with a worried look on face. At first he thought Klaus was hurting her again but when he saw Amber sitting up on the bed he knew she had a bad dream.

"Are you okay?" He asked walking to her bedside.

"Um, yeah I guess," Amber breathed wiping the sweat off her forehead.

"Would you be comfortable telling me? Sometimes that's the best thing to help you stop having these nightmares."

As much as Amber wanted to tell Elijah every little detail about what was about to happen to her; she couldn't. Even though Elijah would never be a love interest she still cares for him deeply as he took her in. He was a best friend to her.

"I can't."

"Why not?" Elijah asked.

"Because I can't, I won't. It'll ruin everything and I won't be able to do anything about it," Amber gets out of the bed and heads to the bathroom.

"Now excuse me but I have to get ready."

"For what?" Elijah asks.

"We're going to the street fair; some bonding time for us," Amber smiles before closing the door behind her.

-

Elijah and Amber walked through the streets with people coming up to them, asking if they wanted to but their poorly made products. One stand stopped Amber and Elijah and insisted for them to sit down.

"What are you doing?" Amber asked as the old lady sat across from them.

"I'm going to predict your future honey," She took hold of the witch's hand and closed her eyes.

"You're Amber Mary Rose...the Rose is a powerful witch bloodline," Elijah and Amber looked at each other in confusion. "You're father is Vincent Rose; a cruel man indeed. You have a curse on your family."

"Okay I thought you were telling my future?" Amber asks.

"I am, but I needed to get a good feel for who you are. Now I'm ready to see into your future," The old lady closes her eyes again and concentrates.

"I see...it's black. I see black. Darkness? No, love. You will fall in love but it will be dangerous," Amber pulls her hand away and runs towards the river to get away.

'I can't fall in love, she's just an old lady who doesn't know what she's talking about. What the hell is wrong with her? I will never fall in love again.' Amber thinks to herself.

"Amber wait!" Elijah calls from behind her.

She keeps walking so he blurs right in front of her and he notices she's crying.

"What's wrong? There is nothing bad about falling in love, it's a beautiful thing and-"

"No no no!" Amber yells. "You don't understand."

"Then tell me Amber, because I don't know what you're keeping from me. All I know is your family has a curse on them. I don't know what the hell the curse is and I want to help you as much as I possible can; I gave you my word."

The witch sighs and looks up at Elijah, "I'll tell you everything but first, I need a drink."

Elijah and Amber head to Rousseau's and sit in a booth in the corner.

"I'm sorry for getting out of hand earlier; if you don't want to tell me I am okay with that," Elijah says.

"No I'm going to tell you," Amber says and takes a deep breath. "As you know my family got a curse put on them a long time ago because we were too powerful. Well the curse is when a Rose child turns 22 they perform a ritual and become a dark magic witch. There's no way to get out of it; except to kill the person you love. Only 3 Rose family members have done it over their life time and I will not be one of them. Elijah I will never fall in love. I have 100 days Elijah, 100 days till I become...a monster. This morning the ancestors gave me a warning about what I'm going to be feeling in a few months. I don't want to feel the pain of every person I kill and deal with it. I need someway to stop this curse but there isn't a way Elijah. I didn't tell you because I wouldn't want to love a friend; I'll have the urges to kill you and trust me, I have enough power to kill you without a white oak stake. So that's basically it."

Elijah felt sorry for Amber. She was such a beautiful innocent sweet girl and boom! just like that her life was going to be taken away from her. Elijah now understood everything; why she screamed this morning, why she doesn't want to fall in love, etc.

"If I have to kill everyone for the ritual to stop then I'll do it," Elijah says taking ahold of Amber's hand.

"Even though I hate my family you are not killing them, thank you for the offer though."

"Amber, I will be here for you. If you need anyone to talk to you just call my name and I'll be there."

"Thank you Elijah, so much," They both hug each other, and Amber realizes that she has made a true friend in her little time in New Orleans.

Elijah and Amber decide to head back to the mansion as it's starting to get late. Once they arrive they part their ways and go to their rooms. On the way to her room Amber hears a muffling noise. It's coming from baby Hope's room. As much as Amber wants to go in there to see what's going on she remembers what Klaus did to her after just holding the baby. Screw it she thinks before heading into the room. There she sees a man standing over Hope.

"Who the hell are you?" Amber asks walking up to him.

"Someone you don't want to mess with," He says before two men grab the witch from behind.

"Get off of me!" She yells before they put shackles on her; which won't allow her to use magic. "What is this?"

"A weapon used against witches, it won't allow you to use magic. Now, I need Hope so just keep your mouth quiet," One of the men say before he goes to grab Hope.

Amber bites the two men holding her with her human teeth and they let go of her before kicking the man who was about to grab Hope.

"Bitch," He mumbles before taking a swing at Amber and hitting her in the cheek.

"You know, hitting a girl is a real dick move," The hybrid says walking into the room.

"Klaus," The guy says in a fearful voice.

"Now would you like this type of death," Klaus says by pulling the heart out of one of his men. "Or this death," This time he rips the head off of his other man leaving both of them dead.

"That's disgusting," Amber mumbles looking away.

"Your choice," Klaus smirks.

The man looks at Klaus before jumping out the window and heading god knows where. Klaus comes over to Amber and rips the shackles off of her.

"Thank you," The witch says rubbing her wrists.

Klaus looks at her before going over to the baby, not saying a word.

Elijah and Hayley come rushing in moments later to see what happened; the two dead vampires on the floor give a hint though.

-

Later that night Amber was on her balcony looking at the quiet street below her. The lights flickered in the dark and the sky had more stars than she ever imagined.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Klaus asks coming up right next to her.

"Yeah," Amber mumbles looking away from Klaus.

"Thank you, Amber, for protecting Hope. You've been here for only four days and have already put someone in the Mikaelson family before yourself; thank you," She is surprised when she hears Klaus apologizing.

"Your welcome, that baby means a lot to you and Hayley. I heard a noise so I went in to go see what it was. Sure enough it was three creepy vampire dudes wanting a baby."

"One of them is still out on the loose, but for now may you put a cloaking spell on Hope where only we can see her? That would help us out a lot," Klaus says.

"Sure, I'll do it tomorrow. Today has been hell," Amber states running her hand through her hair.

"Everyday is hell for me love, I've been alive for a thousand years," Klaus chuckles remembering past events.

"I'm going to go to bed," Amber says heading back inside.

"Okay," Klaus says heading back inside too.

They both stand there in awkward silence before Klaus decides to leave not speaking a word. Amber had hoped for a 'goodnight' or something. She thought he had a change in heart once he said thank you to her. Amber gets showered and heads into bed where she goes into deep thought. So many things have happened she doesn't even know where to begin. Amber knows about the Mikaelson family but not a lot, tomorrow she'll just have to do some snooping. Maybe she'll find a family secret that'll become useful in the future.

-
I love this story, so much. I also love Amber and Elijah's friendship; he's so noble in this story.

You got a Klamber (ship name?) sorta moment but that won't last long because they'll start hating each other again, and again. But everything can't be happy on the beginning. They'll get together soon though don't worry. It'll take a lot of time for Amber to fall for Klaus because she'll find out things she won't want to find out. I'm going to start giving ideas for next chapter. Like this...

Next chapter; New threats, a call from Vince, and talking to the dead.

-brooke

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.6K 752 55
Thrown into a world full of magic, witches, vampires and werewolves, a young woman finds herself in a world she knows all too well, because of a TV-S...
4.9K 401 17
Elijah's mate trusts Mikael over him. She doesn't believe in their mating bond and his mere presence terrifies her... This is the PREQUEL to Claudia...
46.7K 719 106
Klaus Mikaelson, the original vampire-werewolf hybrid, has returned to New Orleans, the city his family helped build, the city from which he and his...
533K 11.7K 23
"The story of Eerika Mikaelson is quite...tragic." Elijah mumbled. "Eerika was beautiful, inside and out. She had the kind of beauty that made girl...