Greek Runaway

By ImaginaryCherry

It was a normal day in Egypt where King Ahkmenrah ruled. Until a girl no one knows and know one has ever seen... More

Hey, Fam
ένας(One)
δυο(Two)
τρία(Three)
τέσσερα(Four)
πέντε(Five)
έξι(Six)
ετττά(Seven)
οκτώ(Εight)
εννέα(Nine)
δέκα (Ten)
έντεκα(Eleven)
δώδεκα(Twelve)
δεκατρείς(Thirteen)
δεκατέσσερα(Fourteen)
σεκαττέντε(Fifteen)
δεκαέξι(Sixteen)
δεκαετττά(Seventeen)
δεκαοχτώ(Eighteen)
δεκαεννέα(Nineteen)
είκοσι(Twenty)
Είκοσι ένα(Twenty One)
Εικοσι δυο(Twenty Two)
Εικοσι τρια(Twenty Three)
Εικοσι ΤΕΣΣΕΡΑ(Twenty Four)
Είκοσι πέντε(Twenty Five)
Είκοσι επτά (Twenty Seven)
Είκοσι οχτώ(Twenty Eight)
Είκοσι εννέα(Twenty Nine)
Τριάντα(Thirty)
Τριάντα ένα (Thirty One)
Τριάντα δύο(Thirty Two)
Τριάντα τρία(Thirty Three)
Τριάντα τέσσερα(Thirty Four)
Τριάντα ττέντε(Thirty Five)
Τριαντα έξι (Thirty Six)
Τριάντα εφτά (Thirty Seven)
Τριάντα οκτώ(Thirty Eight)
Τριάντα εννέα(Thirty Nine)
Σαράντα(Forty)
Σαράντα ένα(Forty One)
Σαράντα δύο(Forty Two)
Σαράντα τρία(Forty Three)
Σαράντα τέσσερις(Forty Four)
Σαράντα πέντε(Forty Five)
Σαράντα έξι(Forty Six)
Σαράντα επτά(Forty Seven)
Σαρανταοκτώ(Forty Eight)
Σαράντα εννέα(Forty Nine)
Πενήντα(Fifty)
Πενήντα ένα(Fifty One)
Πενήντα δύο(Fifty Two)
Πενήντα δύο(Fifty Three)
Πενήντα τεσσάρων(Fifty Four)
Πενήντα πέντε(Fifty Five)
Πενήντα έξι(Fifty Six)
Πενήντα επτά(Fifty Seven)
Πενήντα οκτώ(Fifty Eight)
Πενήντα εννέα(Fifty Nine)
Πενήντα εννέα(Sixty)
Εξήντα ένα(Sixty One)
Εξήντα δύο(Sixty Two)
Εξήντα τρία(Sixty Three)
Εξήντα τέσσερα(Sixty Four)
Εξήντα πέντε(Sixty Five)
Επίλογος(Epilogue)

Εικοσι εξι(Twenty Six)

1.8K 37 5
By ImaginaryCherry

3rd Person's POV

"No one comes here anymore. Besides, I took this tour in second grade, Daley." One of Nicky's friends said as they walked into the museum.

"I'm telling you, my dad's gonna hook us up," Nicky said.

"Mr. Daley?" Dr. McPhee called him over.

"Yeah?"

"Foam."

"Yes, I know."

"In the Neanderthal display."

"There was an incident last night with the fire extinguisher. I was on my way to go clean it up."

"Okay, don't bother. You're fired."

"I don't think we're getting a tour today." Nicky's friend said.

"Your dad just got canned, dude." The other boy said.

"Excuse me? Mr. McPhee? Excuse me, Mr. McPhee? Can I talk to you about this, please? Sir?" Larry asked following Dr. McPhee to his office.

"What?" Dr. McPhee snapped.

"I know I screwed up, but I finally understand how to do this job."

"You obviously don't."

"No, I didn't, but now I do. Really, Mr. McPhee..."

"Doctor." Dr. McPhee corrected Larry.

"Dr. McPhee. Can you please give me one more night?"

"One more night." Dr. McPhee agreed with him.

"Okay, thank you."

"And if anything is the tiniest... ...after your shift: Because...Got it."

"Okay?" Larry asked confused.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice..."

"Shame on me." Dr. Mcphee looked at him confused. "Fool me... Shame on me."

"You. Fool me twice..."

"Got it."

"Take it or leave it."

"Okay. Thank you." Larry said again.

Larry finally left the museum changed back into his street clothes and started his walk to Erika's house to pick up Nicky. He got there and knocked on the door and she answered.

"Hey." He said.

"Hey."

"What's wrong?" Larry asked seeing Erika distressed.

"Maybe you should ask Nicky." She said and Larry went inside and to Nicky's room to find him sitting by his windowsill looking upset.

"Hey, buddy. What's going on?"

"You got fired," Nicky stated.

"What are you talking about? I didn't get fired."

"I came to the museum this morning. I saw your boss yelling at you."

"Why didn't you tell me? Everything's fine. We just had a little misunderstanding."

"Why?"

"It's hard to explain. I mean, you wouldn't bel... You know what? Let me show you."

"Show me what?"

"Come to work with me tonight."

"Larry? Can I talk to you for a second?" Erika asked motioning him out into the hallway.

"Am I in trouble?"

"Larry, what are you doing?"

"I just wanna show him what I do. That's all."

"I love that you wanna share that with him, but I gotta tell you...I don't think Nicky has any room in his heart for more disappointment."

"He won't be disappointed."

"Larry," Erika said sternly.

"He won't be disappointed," Larry said with a smile.

He then had Nicky get ready to leave and go to the museum with him. As they were walking up the steps of the museum everyone else was leaving for the night.

"Listen, hang out in the security office till everyone's gone. Then I'm gonna come get you. All right?" He asked Nicky. He then took Nicky into the security off and he put on his uniform. Then he went out and started looking to see if anyone else was there. He walked into the room with the Sacagawea statue. "Hey, miss? I'm gonna have to ask you to vacate the premises." He said turning his flashlight, on her.

"Hey there," Rebecca said turning to face him.

"Hey."

"Good place to think, huh?"

"Yeah. Definitely. So no big plans tonight?"

"Yeah, no, I'm not really a big-plan person. I prefer hanging out with people who are dead for 200 years. It's the live ones that throw me." Rebecca said.

"That's cool. Seriously though, you do have to leave." Larry said.

"Seriously?" Rebecca asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, sorry. It's museum rules. We're sort of locking everything up."

"You're really taking your job seriously."

"You know, once I clip on the tie, I'm all business."

"I get it."

"Yeah. How's that dissertation coming?"

"I've hit a dead end. I mean, research can only get me so far. I'm never gonna know who she really was. So I think it's time that I move on to another subject. I'll let you get back to work. Good night, Larry." She said and started to leave.

"Yeah, okay. Night." Larry said. Then he went chasing after her. "Hey. Rebecca! Hey, Rebecca. Hey. Hey. Listen, I don't think you should give up on your paper."

"Okay. Why?"

"All right, look, this is gonna sound crazy, all right? I mean, it's gonna sound, like, really, really crazy."

"Okay."

"No, I mean insanely crazy."

"I can handle it."

"Okay. You know how they say in certain museums, history comes alive?" He asked.

"Yeah. "

In this museum...it actually does."

"What are you talking about?"

"Everything in this museum comes to life at night."

"Really?"

"Yeah, really. I'm not kidding you. You know that tablet? The Tablet of Ahkmenrah? It actually brings things to life. It's like some ancient spell. Since the '50s, every night everything's been coming to life. Teddy Roosevelt told me. Seriously. The monkey, Dexter? The cute little...What is he?" Larry was talking so fast and excitedly.

"Capuchin." She answered.

"A capuchin. Right. The capuchin. He urinated on me and bit my nose. And Sacagawea is in her case, alive every night...just listening to Lewis and Clark argue. So if you really wanna get inside her head...I can hook that up"

"That's cool."

"Yeah, it's cool. It's freaking awesome." Larry said excitedly.

"Make fun of the history geek," Rebecca said and turned to leave.

"No. Rebecca!" Larry yelled to her.

"Good night, Larry." She said and continued to wall away.

"No, I'm not making fun of you. Rebecca."

Larry left as soon as Rebecca walked out. He went to go get Nicky from the security office. He led Nicky into the lobby and put him on top of the main desk.

"Here you go. Best seat in the house."

"What's going on?" Nicky asked.

"If I told you, you'd think I'm crazy. I'm gonna show you."

"What?"

"You'll see in about 20 seconds. Okay, you like Tyrannosaurus Rex?"

"Yeah."

"Yeah? Well, I call him Rexy. And he's about to come to life, Nicholas, in... ...five, four, three, two..."

"Dad?"

"Hang on a sec. Say hello to Rexy!" Larry yelled and got on his knees pointing at the dinosaur. Rexy didn't move.

"Dad, are you okay?"

"This is weird. Guys! Come on! Sundown!" Larry yelled and then ran to Teddy. "Hey, T.R., come on, rise and shine. Buddy, I need you to wake up. Come on, my kid is here. I need you to wake up." He started hitting the back of Texas. "Texas? Texas! Come on! Texas! Come on! Get on, Texas! Get on, Texas! Get up."

"Just stop, okay?" Nicky pleaded with Larry.

"No, Nicky, I'm telling you, there's this tablet, okay? Called the Tablet of Ahkmenrah. Every night..."

"Now there's a tablet?" Nicky said in disbelief.

"Yeah, there is."

"Come on, Dad."

"Come on," Larry said and led Nicky up the museum stairs and to the Egyptian wing. He turned on his flashlight and the tablet wasn't there. "It's gone."

"What's gone?"

"The tablet. I think somebody stole it."

"Yeah, right."

"I'm not kidding," Larry turned around and Nicky was gone. "Nicky. Nicky? Hey, Nicky! Hey! Hey, Nicky! Where are you going?"

"Home," Nicky said frustrated

"What? Wait a minute." They stopped at a stair landing and looked out the window. Where Larry saw shadows by the loading dock. "Come on," Larry says leading Nicky there. When they got in there Nicky saw the tablet and went to it picking it up.

"You guys shouldn't be here," Cecil said making Nicky jump.

"Give us the tablet, son," Gus said.

"Wait a minute, Nicky. What are you guys doing?" Larry asked.

"We're not gonna hurt you. Give us the tablet." Reginald said.

"I'm sorry to tell you this, son, but your dad doesn't work here. He got fired this morning. Couldn't hack it." Cecil said.

"Dad? I thought you said you weren't fired."

"I did. They're lying, trying to steal that thing. Turn the middle piece, you'll see what I was talking about."

"That is museum property, son. Give it back." Cecil said.

"Nicky, trust me. Just turn it."

"Give us the tablet!" Gus said.

"Nicky? Trust me." Nicky turned the piece in the middle of the tablet and it started to glow. There was an elephant trumpeting that sounded and then the other three men started stretching and cracking bones. "Nick? Run. Now." And Nicky ran away from there.

"Get back here, kid!" Gus said starting to run towards Nicky. Larry grabbed guys and Cecil grabbed Larry throwing him to the ground.

"Bad idea, Larry," Cecil said.

"You wanna dance, hot dog? You wanna dance?" Gus asked.

"Gus, you're an old man. I don't wanna hurt you." Just after Larry said that he punched him.

"You see, Larry, a few years into the job, the three of us realized that...like everything else in this museum, we got new life at night. Sundown to sunrise, we felt young again." Cecil said and then kicked him in the face making him fall.

"Okay. Did not see that coming." Larry muttered to himself.

"Gave us an energy boost. We love the nightlife, Larry. So when we found out they were gonna fired us...we had to steal the tablet." Cecil said.

"Everyone knows you need the money," Reginald said.

"Add the stuff we planted in your place... pretty obvious you committed the crime. Take care of that cut. Come on, guys, let's go find that kid."Cecil said. Reginald and Cecil left.

"Sweet dreams, cupcake!" Gus said.

"No!"

"Pile driver!" Gus yelled jumping off of boxes and elbowing Larry in the leg. "Let's get our tablet." All three of them ran up the stairs and found Nicky taking to tablet from him.

"Thank you very much. We'll take it from here." Cecil said.

"Nicky!" Larry yelled running to him. Cecil grabbed Larry's keys and flipped him over making him land on his back in the Egyptian exhibit.

"Just in time, Larry. We were just locking up." Cecil said locking the door.

"Sleep tight, hotshot," Gus said and they were walking away.

"Let's grab everything we can fence. I don't know about you, but I'm planning on a long retirement."

"Teddy! Teddy, if you're out there, I need you, pal!" Larry yelled for Teddy.

"Someone call my name? Theodore Roosevelt, at your service." Teddy said riding up on his horse tipping his hat to Nicky.

"Teddy, can you get us out of here?"

"Can't do it, man. This is your moment."

"Will you save the lectures, please? I'm not you. Okay? I didn't build the Panama Canal, I wasn't president of the United States! I need some help. Come on."

"Actually...I never did any of those things. Teddy Roosevelt did. I was made in a mannequin factory in Poughkeepsie. I never shot a wild beast. I'm not even brave enough to tell that beautiful woman I love her. But you...you gotta finish the job this time. You can't quit. I'm made of wax, Larry. What are you made of?" Teddy said and started to ride away.

"Wait! That's all you got for me?"

"That's it!" Teddy yelled.

Larry then came up with an idea as he turned around, seeing two 20 foot Jackals ready to hit them with their spears, and hearing the banging and screaming coming from inside if the gold sarcophagus.

"That's it. Come on." Larry took Nicky's hand and they ran towards the sarcophagus. "Duck!" He yelled as the spears came down. "Go over there!" Larry told Nicky.

Larry went over to the sarcophagus and pushed the heavy stone off from on top of it. When he got it off he went to one side and unlocked it then he went to the other side and unlocked it as well. As soon as the locks were off the lid went flying and hit the wall falling with a crash.

"Hey. Hi. How you doing?" Larry said to the wrapped-up mummy. Who turned his head to face him. "Sorry to bother you...but your guys there? Your jackal guys? Do you think you could ask them to back off, please? We're not trying to hurt you, they think we are. Could you do it like now?!" Larry yelled in a panic. Just before anything could happen the mummy said something to the Jackals making them stop. "Thank you. Nicky. Thank you." Then the mummy started groaning and unwrapping his head.

"Dad?" Nicky said worriedly. When the wrappings were off he coughed.

"You would not believe how stuffy it is in there." The mummy said stepping out of his sarcophagus.

"How come you speak English?" Nicky asked.

"I went to Cambridge University." He said.

"You went to Cambridge?"

"I was on display in the Egyptology Department. I am Ahkmenrah, fourth king of the fourth king...ruler of the land of my fathers." He said.

"I am Larry...son of Milton...and this is my son, Nick. And we hail from Brooklyn. Well, I do. I mean, he comes out and stays with me on Wednesdays...and every other weekend. That was the custody agreement that we had." Larry said confusing Ahkmenrah.

"Larry, Nick, guardians of Brooklyn...I am forever in your debt. Now bestow the tablet upon me...so that I may assume command of my kingdom."

"Oh, yes. Okay, the tablet. I would...Iove to bestow it upon you, but we don't actually...have it." Larry said pointing to the empty wall. After explaining to Ahkmenrah what had happened he unwrapped himself completely and commanded his jackals to throw a big rock at the gate. Which they agreed to. "Thanks, guys. Don't worry. I'll watch out for him! Thank you." Larry said.

Larry, Nicky, and Ahkmenrah went to the balcony of the museum and overlooked chaos. People and animals were fighting. Suddenly a loud screaming was heard. And across the balcony Atolls the Hun could be heard.

"What is that," Ahkmenrah asked.

"Huns. I gotta deal with this guy." Larry and Attila ran towards each other screaming. Ahkmenrah and Nicky ran after Larry and the other Huns ran behind Attila.

When they met in the middle Attila yelled at Larry in Hun. Larry then took his them and yelled in gibberish. This went on until Ahkmenrah stopped it.

"Pardon me, Larry. I speak Hun." Ahkmenrah said. Then he turned to attila and spoke to him then Attila answered
"He says that he wants to rip you apart."

"All right. Again with the ripping. Listen, I understand. I get it. Ripping for you...You want to rip things, okay? And I think maybe that's because somebody ripped you a long time ago. In here." Larry said tapping Attila's chest above his heart. "Somebody ripped little...baby Attila a long time ago, right here. They ripped something out, didn't they? They ripped the love. They ripped the love right out of you, didn't they? A little baby all alone in a tent...whose daddy went off...to pillage some town...or go and plunder somewhere, just doing his job. But who was left alone? You." Larry said and Atilla started crying into his shoulder. "Let it out. Let it go. Let it go. It's okay. It's okay." Larry looked at a Hun behind Atilla. "You're next." He mouthed making the Hun nod his head. "Good. That's good. Just breathe." Then they went back and forth and hit each other's chests.

"Larry Daley," Attila said.

"Yeah. Good. Yes. Yeah. Okay. Good, good." They all went to the balcony railing again. "All right! I need everybody to listen up! Guys! Come on!"

"Quiet! My dum-dum want to speak." The Easter Island Head yelled making everyone quiet for him.

"Thank you. Now, this here's King Ahkmenrah. His tablet is what brings you to life every night. And those old night watchmen? They stole it. Now, we need to find those guards and get the tablet back...and we need to do it before morning. Civil War guys, head over to the Planetarium Wing. My explorer friend whose name escapes me."

"It's Columbus," Nicky whispered to him.

"Right, Columbus! Right, I'm sorry. There's no nameplate, so...Columbus, take the Neanderthals...and do a sweep from Invertebrates all the way through Reptiles. Jed and Octavius, their vars parked outback. Go take care of it."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, no! No, sir. I ain't working with toga boy."

"Romans work alone." Jedediah smashed hours gun onto Octavius' foot making him cry out.

"That didn't hurt. Don't be a baby."

"Yes, it did." Octavius hit Jed with his sword.

"Come on. That was much harder!" Jedediah yelled out in pain.

"Guys, come on! Jed, Octavius. Take away the fact you were born 2000 years apart... you guys aren't that different. You're both great leaders. You just want what's best for your people, right?" Larry asked starting his speech.

"Yeah."

"Yeah." Both agree.

"Civil War dudes. You guys are brothers, for God's sakes. You gotta stop fighting. North wins. Slavery's bad. Sorry. Don't wanna burst your bubble. But, South, you guys get Allman Brothers...and NASCAR, so just chill! Look, without that tablet, all of this...this whole coming-to-life-at-night thing, it all goes away. Now, I don't wanna let that happen, but I need your help. We can get this done, but we gotta do it together. So who's with me?

"Yeah."

"Who's with me?"

Yeah! Yeah!" They all yelled.

"Charge!" Teddy yelled holding up his sword.

"All right! Now, let's do this, people! And animals! And weird, faceless puppet creatures. Come on, let's go! Let's do it! Come on!"

They all went in their separate directions. The miniatures all went outside and to the back of the museum. Where the car is.

"Follow me, boys!" Jedediah yelled and jumped off of the ledge one at a time.

"Geronimo!" One yelled.

While they were outside the Civil War Men had found Gus and managed to pin him in between the two groups.

"Oh, jeez," Gus said.

And while the Civil War men did that, Christopher Columbus and the Neanderthals found Reginald and stopped him.

"Now, boys, we can do this the easy way or the hard way." He said and Christopher Columbus took out his sword and pointed it at him. "I guess it's gonna be the hard way."

Back outside the miniatures were just starting to approach the van.

"Right, men, we're almost there," Octavius said. They then went to the front passenger side wheel and stuck a spear into the air pump. The wind coming from it was very strong, knocking men off until it was just Jedediah and Octavius.

"Save yourself!" Octavius yelled.

"I ain't quitting you!" Jedediah said back to him.

Back inside the museum Cecil, who has yet to be caught, was still roaming around trying to find Gus and Reginald.

"Gus? Reginald? Fellas, where are you? Guys?" He asked. He was about to step into the Ocean World but the whale blew from its blowhole knocking him on his feet.

Larry, Nicky, and Ahkmenrah were looking for Cecil when they passed a bench with Gus and Reginald tied to it being guarded by the Civil War Guys, Neanderthals, Christopher Columbus, and the Mayans even.

"That's what I'm talking about. Good job, gentlemen. Loving the teamwork!" He said to them then they continued to try and find Cecil. They ran out to the loading dock to see if the van was there. It was not.

"They've vanished. How will we find them?" Ahkmenrah asked.

"I know someone who can help." They all ran back into the museum and to Sakagawea's case. He picked up a cannonball and motioned for Sacagawea to move. "Watch out!" As soon as she moved and covered the back of her neck with her hands he threw the cannonball. "Hey, Sacagawea, or wea. Listen, I need a favor. Somebody stole his tablet. You think you can track the guys who took it?" Larry led them all back out to the loading dock.

"He went east but he lost control and crashed."

"You're amazing. How can you tell that?" Larry asked. Sacagawea turned and pointed at the crashed van.

"He left the wagon...and went back."

"He went back? Why would he go back?"

"Get out of the way!" Cecil, who was now on a carriage, yelled as he was headed straight towards Sacagawea.

"You saved me." An unharmed Sakagawea said to Teddy Roosevelt who had pushed her out of the way.

"You're worth saving, my dear." They all looked down and saw that Teddy was split in two at the hips. "That's problematic."

"Teddy. Oh, man." Larry said kneeling by him.

"Larry, relax. I'm wax. You gotta do something. Dawn's approaching. Half the museum's running amuck outside."

"He's got my tablet," Ahkmenrah said. Just then a remote control car came driving up to them.

"Come on, Ockie! At your service, Gigantor!" Jedediah said from inside the car.

"How can we be of assistance, my liege?"

"Just give me a second, guys." Then Rexy came out following the car with his bone attached to the back. "Rexy? Here, boy. Teddy, I need a horse."

"Do it, man."

Larry went back inside and got Texas and rode him, Nicky and Ahkmenrah got on top of Rexy, and Jedediah started driving the car. Then they were all in Central Park.

"Come on, boy! Let me hear you yell!" Jed yelled to Octavius.

"Yeah!"

"Just living the dream, baby!"

"I'm loving this!" Octavius said.

"Pull the stagecoach over now!" Larry, who had pulled Texas up next to the stagecoach, said.

"Can I make this turn up here? I'll take that as a yes. Hang on! I can't hold it!" Jedediah yelled trying to regain control of the car. When he couldn't, the car went off the sidewalk and into a pile of snow, making it flip. When it landed there was smoke.

"Come on, Tex, let's finish this," Larry said after he'd watched Jedediah and Octavius crash. "Come on! Give me the tablet, Cecil!" He yelled now that he was next to him again.

"Can't do it, son," Cecil said trying to make the horses go faster.

"Pull over!" Larry yelled.

"It ain't gonna happen. Moving on."

"Last chance, Cecil. Stop the horses or I will!"

"They can't be stopped, Larry. Don't you know your history? These are money carriers. They were trained not to stop for anything but a secret word."

"Really? You mean a word like...'Dakota'?" Larry yelled making the horses stop immediately, resulting in Cecil flying out of his seat and landing in a pile of snow along with the tablet.

"Come on, Tex. I read up on my history. Thanks for the tip. Oh, and by the way...don't ever talk to me like that in front of my son. Moving on." Larry said pulling Cecil up. "Hey, Huns." He looked over to Ahkmenrah. "Tell Attila to have his boys...take him back. Put him with the guards. Oh, and no limb ripping, okay?" Ahkmenrah translated and Atilla looked at Larry.

"Makeekaka?" He asked showing his fingers meaning little. Larry shrugged.

"Makeekaka." He agreed

"Hey, boy. Wait, wait, hold the phone. What's makeekaka mean? Wait. Translation, please." Cecil asked Ahkmenrah who just ignored him.

Back at the museum, Teddy was still on the ground, but Sacagawea was lighting a fire and had wax.

"The year was 1909. I was going up the Zambezi River in Africa. And our river guide was a brilliant Pygmy who spoke only by clicking." Teddy said demonstrating to Sacagawea, making her laugh.

Larry looked around Central Park and saw it littered with museum attractions. Then he looked up at the sky and saw the sun starting to show.

"Oh, boy."

"What is it?" Ahkmenrah asked.

"I gotta get you guys back to the museum."

"How?" Nicky asked. Larry walked to Ahkmenrah and gave him his tablet.

"Ahkmenrah, I'm gonna need your help. This is your tablet. You know the instructions. You get everyone back." Ahkmenrah then started to speak in Egyptian and the tablet started to glow. They all looked up and the people and animals started to walk back towards the museum.

"Come on. There's somebody who's gotta see this." Larry said taking out his phone and dialing a number.

"What I'm saying is, for the type of money that they pay A-Rod...he ought to be bringing home a World Series trophy every season." The cab driver of Rebecca was talking about the world series, which she could care less about seeing all the animals from the museum. "You know what I mean? Now, who they gonna get to clean up all that doo-doo?"

Everyone was filing into the museum while Ahkmenrah and Larry were checking them off.

"Inuit."

"Yeah."

"One terracotta soldier."

"Vikings."

"Right."

"Alpaca."

"Welcome back, ladies."

"Llama."

"Hey. Viking guys. Do me a favor. Your fellows made some funeral pyre...in Petrified Wood. Go clean that up. Okay? Thank you." Larry said. There was a bump on the door and a whining sound.

"He's back," Ahkmenrah said.

"All right, I'll deal with this joker. Hey, hey, Moose. It's not gonna happen, buddy. All right? I told you, you can't come through with those antlers. So you and your caribou buddy gotta go around to the loading dock." Larry said hoping he would listen this time.

"Lawrence!" Teddy yelled walking back in one piece.

"Hey, Teddy. Great to see you in one piece."

"Sacagawea, a little hot wax, and I'm a new man."

"Larry?" Rebecca asked walking into the museum.

"I told you I wasn't making fun of you," Larry stated.

"I know."

"Teddy?" Sacagawea said handing Teddy his belongings.

"Oh, my God," Rebecca said upon seeing Sacagawea.

"Wanna meet her?" Larry asked.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. Okay, come on. Excuse me. President Roosevelt, this is my friend Rebecca."

"An honor."

"Hi."

"And this is Sacagawea."

"Wea." They all said correcting her.

"Wea. I think she has a few questions she wants to ask you."

"You rock. I am a big fan."

"What would you like to know?" Sacagawea asked.

"Well, I mean, I don't know where to start, but..." Rebecca started saying as she walked away.

Now Larry and Teddy are outside checking off people as they enter.

"One Buddha."

"Check."

"Two zebras."

"Right. Check."

"Dexter! Welcome back."

"Hey, Dex, so look. No hard feelings, all right?" Larry said. Then Dexter slapped him. Larry was about to hit him with the clipboard he was holding when Teddy scolded him.

"Lawrence!"

"You saw! You saw what he did just then!"

"Who's evolved"

"I am."

"Who's evolved?"

"I am!" Larry repeated whining. Dexter stuck his tongue out at Larry then swung off of Teddy, off Nicky, and into the museum.

"Good. Well, they're all here. Well done. Everyone's in."

"Yeah, well...not everyone. We lost a couple of good, little men out there tonight."

"With great victory comes great sacrifice," Teddy said.

"Yeah." Larry and Teddy started to go back into the museum when Nicky speed both of them.

"Dad, look," Nicky said pointing at the stairs where Jedediah and Octavius came climbing up.

"Bully!" Teddy yelled in excitement.

"You ain't getting rid of us that easy," Jedediah said. Then they all walked in and everyone was getting into place for the morning.

"Until tomorrow evening, Lawrence?" Teddy asked.

"Yeah. I don't know about that, Teddy. It's gonna be tough to talk my way out of this one."

"Well, if that's indeed the case...then it's farewell, my friend. Nick?" Teddy called. "Your father's a great man."

"I know," Nicky said smiling.

"Told you."

"All right," Larry said. "Good night."

"No, Lawrence. Good day." Teddy said. And froze for the day. Larry turned to see him frozen.

"Hey, Teddy? Thanks."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36K 1.1K 34
❝you know, you're pretty cute, considering you're 4,000 years old.❞ ❝thank you?❞ luna clair loves museums. she loves history, mythology, all that old...
20K 456 15
Snow is an 19 year old girl, going to NYU. She has a big project to write essays and reports on the artifacts and entries of the American Museum of N...
35.1K 1.3K 42
An accidental trespassing was committed by an art student, who was just trying to draw. And then the mummy rose from his sarcophagus and apparently t...
23.2K 459 32
Larry's daughter MaryJane agrees to take the night job at the museum after being beaten by dead ends. She meets a pharaoh who sweeps her off her feet...