Only Fools...

By LunaCresta

'Tell me then, does love make one a fool or do only fools fall in love?' * * * Jess has... More

Copyright
Prologue
'They're Catholic, not Shakespeare!' - Chapter One
'He gave an adorable little smirk' - Chapter Two
'He was hotter than a furnace' - Chapter Three
'Why, is he gay?' - Chapter Four
'Tell me about the boy' - Chapter Five
'You should go into speech-making or something' - Chapter Six
'Apology accepted Jessie' - Chapter Seven
'Sir, that's gross it was just a wee' - Chapter Eight
'Are you trying to seduce me?' - Chapter Nine
Chapter Nine - Part Two
'On another date with your boyfriend?' - Chapter Ten
'I AM YOUR ELDER' - Chapter Eleven
'I'm sure that's not all he could do for you with his wand' - Chapter Twelve
'Yeah Jessie, I'm sure Rachel would understand' - Chapter Thirteen
'Just call me the matchmaker' - Chapter Fourteen
'Even better than my stunningly good looks?' - Chapter Sixteen
'He's so nice and hot and charming' - Chapter Seventeen
'Oh my gosh it's Tyger Drew Honey!' - Chapter Eighteen
'Gem and Fanny?' - Chapter Nineteen
'Especially in a Starbucks' - Chapter Twenty
'Danny is so buff' - Chapter Twenty-one
'I know we're in the middle of Maths but I must have you' - Chapter Twenty-two
'Grab the Ben&Jerry's and put in The Notebook' - Chapter Twenty-three
'Felicity says hi!' - Chapter Twenty-four
Only Fools... FAQs
'Any Mention of the She-Devil?' - Chapter Twenty Five
'It smells like BO and wet dreams in here' - Chapter Twenty Six
'I'm a horrible, horrible person' - Chapter Twenty Seven
'No kissing in the middle of my Maths lesson!' - Chapter Twenty Eight
'Was that your question?' - Chapter Twenty Nine
'He's my boyfriend, not yours' - Chapter Thirty
'What did you expect, you melon?' - Chapter Thirty One
'I'm not freaking Taylor Swift' - Chapter Thirty Two
'Focus on his eyes' - Chapter Thirty Three
'Who the hell do you think you are?' - Chapter Thirty Four
'Are you nervous?' - Chapter Thirty Five
'How the hell did I end up here!?' - Chapter Thirty Six
'A year and a half later' - Epilogue
Q&A with the author
NOW AVAILABLE TO READ - Revenge of the Teenage Geek
EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT + COMPETITION

'I love majorities' - Chapter Fifteen

1.7K 82 13
By LunaCresta

"Do we have to go?" I asked, pleading with Rachel.

"I don't want to either Jess, but yes we do." She was right, of course, but I was still in denial.

"No," I moaned, elongating the syllable to within an inch of its life, "It's going to be so awkward."

"Jess?" Rachel begged, her eyes narrowing. "Come on, we don't want to be late."

"Fine," I groaned. As we both made our way to the meeting. This is the second meeting for the winter fair and the last one before half term and we were both dreading it.

The impending awkwardness after the trauma of the last meeting was too much to handle. We'd been discussing it a bit and I don't think anyone was looking forward to the reunion with joy. However, it was the first time I'd get to see Rachel and Jack together since they started going out so there's definitely some motivation there!

When we got into the room everyone else was already there; whoops.

"Sorry we're late everyone." Rachel apologised.

Felicity was first to answer - "That's fine Ray, we're all friends here," Wait what? That's not right, Felicity isn't nice.

"No we're not," I blurted - before I could retain myself.

"What? Why would you possible think that?" She sounded genuinely shocked; what the hell? "Well I always thought we were." She said, her sickly sweet tone making me want to vomit all over her perfect ponytail. And then I saw it. A smile flashed at Danny - a smile that I knew all too well. So this was her game, pretend to be nice in a bid to win Danny over - disgust doesn't even cover what I feel towards her right now.

"Let's just start." I said through gritted teeth as I took a seat between Matthew and Rachel.

"Great," Felicity responded. "I wanted to start by apologising for my behaviour last time. It was unforgivable and I am truly so very sorry." She finished by bowing her head as if she was about to cry - I nearly laughed out loud.

"I forgive you Felicity." Jonny stared at her admirably. I think he'd lick milk off her feet if she asked him too.

"Okay," Matthew took over slowly, "So by the end of this meeting I really think we should have an idea of what sort of thing we're looking to do."

"Well I've been thinking and I really think maybe we should let bands and singers from the school audition - then decide who to put forward." I suggested. To be completely honest, I'd had this idea since last week but since the abrupt ending to that meeting, I guess now was my first chance to voice it.

"Great idea Jess, positively marvellous." Felicity oozed looking at Danny the entire time.

"If we do that, your band could play," Rachel sighed adoringly at Jack.

"No, we broke up." Jack said over-dramatically.

"What?" Rachel screeched.

"There was a bit of a fall out between the drummer and the bass player and I we are now no more." He looked as if he could burst into tears - over a high school band, seriously?

"I'm so sorry," Rachel said dotingly, "I'm here for you." She comforted while running her hand up Jack's arm.

"Well it looks like it's all sorted then." I said, relieved at how easy that was.

"Well let's think about this," Jonny butted in. "We can't just let anyone play, these auditions have to be fair."

"Well we're never going to get a unanimous decision on anyone." Danny said honestly. "We should just need a majority."

"I love majorities." Felicity mused; not making any sense but making sure she was agreeing with Danny - the twisted psycho.

"Yeah like if five of us want to put them on then they get in." Rachel added, ignoring Felicity's stupid remark.

"Great that means we can have the choir and the school band, as well as some individual more modern performances." Matthew agreed.

"Perfect!" I replied.

"Hey Jess," Rachel suddenly called over, enthusiastically, "maybe you could audition." What?!

"Or not." I tried to laugh it off, it wasn't working.

"You should," she encouraged before turning to everyone else, "Jess is a really good singer and guitar player, she even writes her own songs."

"I never knew that, Jessie." Danny said - looking more amused than anything else.

"I'm really not that good, Rachel just walked in on me one time." I shot her lethal stare.

"One amazing time!" Rachel seemed to take joy in my pain.

"Well, I think that we definitely have room for you Jess." Matthew's eyes shone as he smiled.

"Yay!" Rachel exclaimed.

"Wait a second," Felicity interrupted. Oh good, I'd been wondering where that annoying voice in my ear had gone. "Shouldn't we hear her sing first before we put her in the show, she could be the absolute dog's dinner." Good, she was back to her normal, bitchy self.

"Why should she have to audition - she's on the freaking committee." Rachel angered towards the blonde horror.

"So?" Felicity retorted, "Does that make her better than anyone else in the school? I think I missed the memo."

"Are you serious right now?" I don't think I've ever seen Rachel this angry. "You're pathetic, you know that?"

"Slow down guys." I interrupted the cat fight before anything got out of hand. "Look, I don't even know if I want to be in it yet - let's not get ahead of ourselves."

"Jess's right, just chill." Danny looked slightly perplexed at the vicious words flying across the table. With Danny's remark, Felicity snapped straight back into action.

"Jess, you totally correct." She started to smarm again, focussing on Danny despite the fact she was talking to me. "I was being petty and stupid. What's the point in arguing before you've even made up your mind - that's madness. I'm just going through a lot at the moment and I don't know where to direct my anger. Sorry Rachel."

"That's fine." Rachel let her off more gently than I expected. Maybe it's because she was as confused as I was about Felicities abrupt sincerity.

"I'm so glad." Felicity suddenly perked up.

"On that note, how about we finish up." Matthew raised the tone. "If we all agree to keep in touch over facebook and plan a meeting when we get back then everything should fall into place. I'll discuss our plans with Mrs Clarke next time I see her and it should all be fine." He smiled his adorable smile as he got up to leave. "Have a good half term everyone."

"You too." We all chorused as various other people started to leave the room. Rachel ran off with Jack. Felicity and Anya tagged behind Matthew and Jonny and so, once again, Danny and I were left alone at the end of the meeting.

"So that meeting went slightly better than the last." Danny said, seeming relieved.

"Only because Little Miss Perfect was sucking up to you the whole time."

"What?" He questioned.

"It just annoys me how she acts so different when your around." I hadn't told Danny about my most recent run-in with Felicity, and didn't plan on it, but it was still annoying that he was so oblivious. "I just hate her Danny, I hate her."

"Don't you think your being a bit harsh Jessie?"

"Wait, what?" I exclaimed. "Me being harsh. Just because she's in love with you or something."

"She's not in love with me; she's just a nice person."

"No she's not!" I cried. "I thought you hated her too."

"I've never hated her." He denied. "I don't get as into these things as you do."

"But when we spoke in Maths, you said that you found her annoying." I was so angry, why was he denying this?

"Yeah but she apologised didn't she?" Now it was my turn to be surprised.

"What?"

"At the beginning of the meeting, she said she was sorry."

"But don't you see," I was in shock. "Don't you see what she was doing?"

"Yes I do Jess, and it wasn't part of some grand master plan, it was just an apology. What more do you want from her?"

"I can't believe you right now." I fought back tears. "Why can't you see what she's doing to you."

"She's not doing anything to me, I think you need to give her a break."

"What?" I repeated.

"You heard her say that she's got a lot going on - just cut her some slack."

"Cut her some slack? She's the most horrible person I've ever met in my life."

"Stop overreacting Jess, your being stupid."

"Me? Being stupid?"

"Yes, stop being so touchy Jess"

"I'm not being touchy, I'm just-"

"This isn't even about Felicity is it? Is this about you and-"

"This is about Felicity." I interrupted. "Why would you even think it was about anything else? Can you not see what she's doing?"

"Jess, you're thinking to much into this. You need to chill."

"Chill?" I stared at him, dumbfounded.

"Stop it. You're pissing me off now, just stop it."

"What?" My voice was barely a whisper at this point.

"You're really annoying me. Maybe we should-"

"I can't take this." I murmured as I ran out the door - eager to sit on my bed and just cry.

The funny thing was, I don't even know why I was so upset. Was Danny right? Was I over reacting?

No. Everyone in the whole school is in love with Felicity - it doesn't seem like anyone can see what's really happening - what she's really like. And now, Danny's under her spell too. All her over-excessive flirting was working and he was falling for her.

How does she manage to ruin everything for me. I've been here half a term and she's already succeeded in making me fall out with one of my best friends over nothing. And what for? So that she can get her way in one more area. She won't rest until she has everything she wants. And she wanted Danny.

/ / / / / / / /

So there you have it!!! I think this chapter is a total shocker and I'd be interested to hear what you guys think - is Jess overeacting or is Danny not being understanding enough? Please let me know in the comments section!!

I really like this chapter, even if it does end on a low note, becuase we really start to see Jess's emotions and how she feels about various people in the group.

Also, I hope you guys are all enjoying my week of uploads!! Please remember to vote and comment if you want to help me get into the 'What's Hot' chart!! The original idea was to stop doing the everyday uploads on friday but if I get enough support then I may carry on a bit longer so remember to watch this space!

To be notified whenever I upload a new chapter or send out an update make sure that you're a fan so that if will pop up as soon as I do anything.

As always you can let me know your comments, complaints and requests on LunaCrestaWriter@gmail.com - even if you just want to have a chat. I'll also be willing to check out anyones books if they want me to so ask all that stuff on the email too! Thanks again guys for everything, love you lots like jelly tots <3

~LunaCresta

PS - Although it technically should be Amy at the side, you haven't really met her yet so I'm going to wait for a few chapters where you will! In the meantime here's Jack! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 7.4K 68
"You got expelled from school." "Yes." "You punched a girl in the face." "Uh huh." "Now your sitting in front of me."...
35.7M 1.5M 57
|| Highest Rank - #1 in Teen Fiction || Ever broken into Disney World at three in the morning? Ever pranked the police and almost gotten arrested f...
1.4K 48 18
Jordy feels like she has met the love of her life and everything is almost as if taken out of a fairytale, especially after Archer Finn confronts her...
61.6K 1.2K 44
All the way throughout elementary school it was always Bella, Leo, Liz, Flynn, Nate, Elliot and Amelia. They were all long time friends.. In the sop...