Never Forget [book one]

By HoraaanHuggs

{Complete/being edited} - Niall Horan & Rosaline Kendall have been bestfriends for as long as they can rememb... More

Before You Read ♡
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Turdy-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine: Epilogue.
Author's Note.
Sequel.
THE SEQUEL!

Chapter Fifty-Four

16.2K 260 51
By HoraaanHuggs

Chapter Fifty-Four~

Rosaline's POV:

Remember the day that my dad made me leave home? The day my he and mum had a huge fight, both physically, and mentally?

One of the worst days of my life turned out to be a great day after all.

I don't think about that day much, but now that I do, I realize what big changes can happen in a matter of days...

That day, Addison made me come over, and I did.

You, of course, know about the news... Or maybe you don't.

But anywho, when we went to go see the flat that same exact day, it wasn't exactly what I expected.

Not at all.

At the sight, I slowly turned to Addi. "This is a flat?!"

She gave me a shaky laugh, "Not exactly. But you know Harry..."

Apparently I didn't know him this well, but I should've remembered that he was rich.

"It's only three of us! This is huuuge."

She shrugged, then tossed me one of two keys.

"It's probably temporary. Who knows... Harry might move in, and you can move out with Niall... Or maybe all the guys might give away their other house, and move in with us."

She was joking... Or at least I hoped so.

Then she walked inside the house nonchalant, Sophia following behind her.

But that was all about a little over three weeks ago, I suppose. I don't know. I stop keeping track. The more I think about it, the slower time will go.

Not a day goes by where I don't think of Niall.

I don't cry anymore... At least not in front of Addi... But I do cry myself to sleep. Everyday, I wonder if he ever thinks of me over there in America. I still do stalk his twitter to see how he has been doing. All he tweets about is Football, Derby, Fans, The Lads, this and that, but nothing else. I'm surprise he's even added smiley faces to his tweets.

He's happy, and I accept that.

The boys all check up on me... All but Niall. I don't make the effort to speak to him because I'm afraid of rejection and he doesn't make an effort for whatever reason.

He probably doesn't even lose sleep like I do every single night.

All I do is turn to food or Addison.

I also cry myself to sleep because I think I've gained a few pounds. By December I'll be fat... Like really overweight. I suppose food is coming back to bite me in the ass.

From what I saw on TV from watching the Olympics closing ceremony, all the boys had changed in some ways. Louis' hair was up, instead of its normal tousled down hair. Zayn now had this blonde strip thingy. Harry had baby curls which meant they were cut. Liam's shaggy hair was up into a quiff now, and so was Niall's. I must say... I was really digging Niall's quiff. And I can't believe they'd actually performed infront of billions of people.

Did I mention, It's some day in the middle of August now?

I haven't seen Addison or Sophia in about 2days.

Yes. On purpose I'd been avoiding my best friend and sister, but much to preference; I want to be alone. Addi declares that I'm going through depression by locking myself in my room, and only coming out every few days. She says she's worried.

I lied to her though, saying I was looking into universities to attend possibly in September, and that I've been taking some temporary courses online.

"Rosaline." A stern voice was at my door.

"Yeah?" I cracked my eyes open, letting sun invade my sight.

"Are you gonna come out of that hell hole today?" Her nails tapped on the door one by one in a domino effect.

"The door is unlock. You can come in..."

I was fully dressed because I finally decided to get out of bed for the first time in 2days, and I took a shower. Then I'd eventually gone back to sleep. I had technically only left the house once, since living here; I went to the doctor, and that was about a week ago.

All the books I owned in the room I had read at least a million times, but I was really happy when I discovered an iPhone app where I could read books; Wattpad.

The door creaked open.

"Were you crying, or sleeping?"

I didn't move from my comfortable position on my bed, laying ontop of the duvet, hugging my pillow to the side of my face.

"Sleeping." I stated, calloused.

"Why haven't you unpacked yet?" She asked, taking a look around.

"I have." A bit.

"One suitcase of clothes. That's a lot of progress." Addison said, rolling her eyes.

I closed my eyes again, letting her invade my room.

It seemed like merely minutes when I opened them again.

Only this time, my room didn't have a million suitcases perched around... My room was finally settled with all my clothes put away I would reckon, all my pictures and stuff on my dressers, everything immaculate.

I never took Addi for a cleaning type.

The sky looked somewhat the same from when Addi had first came in, so I don't think I'd been asleep that long.

When I found the energy to get out of bed, I went downstairs.

This house was huge, and I still wasn't use to seeing big chandeliers, carpet in the hallways up stairs, ebony wooden floor down stairs, the expensive paintings on the wall made by famous artists, the huge ass kitchen, and the huge dining room that I would never eat in, along with the ginormous living room. There was even a game room.

I hadn't seen the backyard yet, but I was reassured that it was kid friendly, and that the pool's exterior was gated.

Sophia had her own room, but slept with Addi.

As I got to the bottom of the stairs, Addison looked up at me from the mug she was sipping on.

"Oh, hey Sleepy."

"Hi." I said yawning.

I plopped myself down on the brown leather couch. It was very bouncy, and it was mine.... And Addi's. Crazy to think so.

There were toys on the floor everywhere. I'm guessing they were new.

"Whoa!" Addison said.

My head swung around to her immediately to see what she was on about, but the whole time she was looking at... me.

"What?"

I thought she was looking at how I was probably thicker, or pregnant looking, but she wasn't... This is what happens when you're tangled in your confidence.

"You need a hair cut!"

It was then that I noticed my long long brown curls had fallen passed my bum.

I took a strand twirling it around my finger, and observing it.

The tips had gotten a sandier brown, and I had no split ends, so a hair cut was pointless- in my eyes.

"No." I shrugged, dropping the strand, then raking my hand through the tangles the may have been there.

"If I straighten it, it'll be supeeeer long, Rose."

"You're not touching my hair." I said, stupidly tucking the ends of my hair inside my pants pocket.

My hair was like my skin... You cut it; I'll be hurt, might die, and might be scarred.

I curled into a ball on the couch, facing the TV that was blank.

When Addi noticed me looking at it, she flicked it on.

"Where's Sophia?"

"Right there." She pointed to a pile of covers and pillows across the room. "She was gonna make a fort, but she fell asleep in the process. And not to worry, I made sure there was a breathing hole."

"Oh." Was all I said... Looks like she had it all under control. "Did she eat?"

"Yep! She had macaroni and milk for breakfast, eggs and bacon for lunch, and ice cream in between, but she did take her vitamins." The smile was clear in her voice.

She'd make a good mother I must say.

"Thank you." I said, focusing on the TV.

It was on the LOCAL news, yet they were talking about One Direction who were currently half way across THE WORLD!

"Turn it up."

She only turned it up two notches more since Sophia was sleeping in front of the TV.

Had it not have been for my bum ears, I would have heard the TV better, but all I could hear was everything fuzzy like I was under water, unless you were close enough, or you spoke loud enough. In my case, the TV was low, plus it was too far.

Addi was just on the next couch, and I think she spoke up on purpose, so that's why I could hear what she was saying.

My hearing got worse by the day.

"What'd they say?" I asked Addi.

"Something about a 1D World opening in another country in January and the guys are gonna be there. They said there's already people lining up outside, and even camping out."

"But that's like, 5 months away! And they can't even camp out, it isn't enough room with all those fans."

"Apparently they don't get that."

"What country?" I asked.

"I think Austria? I forgot."

We were looking at the huge 1D store that wasn't open yet from over head in like a helicopter, there were millions of fans, and people lined outside, and I guess the reason it was on the news was because there were fans blocking streets off, and it was causing traffic, and accidents, etc.

"Oh yeah and I went to my parents earlier to get the last of my stuff, and look what came for you."

She tossed a small brown box over to me.

It had already been opened by Addison, and it had a sticker with her home address, and no return address, and my name on it.

"What is it?"

"I don't know, I opened it, but I didn't look."

I sat up, and began flipping it over and over in a fidgety manner, at the same time trying to hear what it was.

It wasn't glass.

I did the flipping thing for a few more seconds, even shaking it until I was yelled at;

"Just open it!"

I jumped in fright, then obeyed. "Okay, sheesh."

When I opened it from the side, there was a little white box that looked like a ring box if you were to propose.

But I knew it wasn't a ring.

It was obviously from the doctor, because why else would my packages be coming to Addison's parent's door?

She gasped. "It's probably from Niall!"

"Dumbass." I mumbled to myself, chuckling at how serious she was.

She was definitely a blonde without even denying it.

"Oh my god!" She squealed. "You're getting marrieddd!"

And if it were incase a ring, shouldn't the guy propose properly, not mail it? Where's the romance in that?

I only ignored her while I opened the little white box.

They were hearing aids.

Thank god. This was just what I needed. Though they might be embarrassing. I could cover it with my hair, but that would mean my hair would always have to be down.

Addison didn't say another word, just watching me as I ignored the instructions, and did as I thought.

I mean, how hard could it be?

There was this little clear piece that goes inside my ear, the fit perfectly-being the reason why I had gone to the doctor a week ago... for a fitting. And there was a little pink piece that wrapped around the back of my ear to hold the inner piece in place. Usually the pink was brown, but I got to choose a color. I wanted it green, but apparently "pink goes with everything!" At least it does in Addison's little petty brain.

I put both in and there was no difference in what I was hearing, infact, the little inner piece blocked out the hearing that I had left.

"The fuck?" I said, flipping through the booklet of instructions.

I wouldn't be surprised if I were yelling....

I could barely hear myself.

As I came across a picture of a woman turning on, I believe, her son's hearing aids, it showed that there was an on and off button, and a thingy to adjust the volume in which you'd prefer to hear.

Before I could do it myself, Addison was already next to me, sweeping my hair from in the way of my ears, and doing it for me.

And before I realized it, I could hear the cars passing by outside, the birds chirping, and people talking outside the door as they passed by, the TV, and even Sophia's short breaths in her sleep.

This would take some time getting use to, especially since we lived in the middle of London, where it's busy, and noisy.

"CAN YOU HEAR ME?"

"ADDISON! Shut the hell up!" I hollered with my hands over my ears.

She was only speaking loudly, yet it was as if she was screaming at me. It sounded like a cat scratching a chalk board, or two microphones had been too close together, causing a chain reaction throughout a what once was quiet arena, like a high pitch scream right in your ear. I would know, because there was a time at rehearsals where Louis and Niall felt the need... "for the fuck of it."

"Sorry." She whispered, but it sounded like she was talking normal.

"Why is it so loud?!"

"Hold on." She whispered.

Then she adjusted both aids in my ears, then I could hear everything just like I could when my hearing was normal.

The ringing in my ears had dissapeared, and it was like I had been pulled from under the ocean that I was previously drowning in.

"Better?"

"Better." I smiled, feeling complete.

They weren't that uncomfortable either.

Addison then went back to her previous spot, then begun changing the channel.

As I couldn't helped but keep touching the hearing aids, she absentmindedly asked:

"Did you hear that supposedly Niall Horan and Demi Lovato are dating? It's the biggest amount of rubbish I've ever heard."

She had said 'Niall Horan' as if I didn't know who he was, or just as though he was the biggest celebrity. To me he was just a normal guy... I didn't need her to say his surname.

No, I didn't need to hear her say his name at all, whether first, last, or middle.

I got choked up, dropping my hand from my ear, swallowed hard and coughed up a response. "H-How do you know it isn't t-true?"

My stammers made her face me, "Because in an interview, she denied it."

"B-but did Niall deny it?"

"Not exactly... But..."

"That's all I needed to hear," I cut her off.

He didn't deny it, so it must have been true. And could have been.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[A/N}

Mind you, this takes place in 2012.

Hehe. I graduate in 6 days ^,^

Please don't give up on my story .x (almost doooone.)

(:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.7K 382 29
The boys of One Direction are on tour. They meet various beautiful fans and see new wonderful cities. But, its not all fun and games. Zayn meets an o...
6.6K 10 40
Written by @AndreaLotter and myself. This is a story about a young girl who knows the boys of One Direction; her best friend is Niall Horan, and the...
242K 6.7K 20
Claire has been best friends with Niall Horan since they were kids. One night, before a One Direction concert, unexpected events happen and everythi...
25.1K 813 22
Harry and Niall are best friends. They do things together that any normal pair of boys would. But, the day that they get stuck in a closet together c...