Caius (OLD VERSION)

By Shewritessherambles

NEW VERSION ON MY PROFILE NOW! UPDATES COMING MONDAY! XX As a little girl Clara always dreamed of falling in... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Authors Note
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Rewriting update :)
Caius NEW VERSION!
Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Eleven

859 20 4
By Shewritessherambles

Hey my lovelies! New update time!  Unedited but getting closer to the main plot line..... hope you enjoy

Previously:

I look up into the intruder's stormy grey eyes, glassy and dangerous with threat. I take a deep breath before leaning never to his ear.

"Never." I snapped back in defiance.

A shout was heard before I was pushed onto the floor, a sharp ring sounded as my head bashed against the unforgiving wooden boards.

"Oi! Looking for me?" A voice rang out through the café.

CHAPTER ELEVEN

I stared up at Caius as he walked towards us. I pushed myself off of the floor, my legs giving way slightly as I slipped on the split beverage. My head pounded as I stood, my vison blurring as I watched the man step towards Caius, knife in hand. Gasps rung out from the customers and I heard Molly scamper towards the phone on the back wall.

My fingers gripped the cool wood of the table as I pushed myself into a standing position. I could feel my hair stick to my head, liquid running down my cheek from my hair line. I pressed on hand against my head, drawing it into my line of sight to see blood smeared on my fingers.

"Oh, Clara." I heard, turning my head, I saw Molly glance my way, a sympathetic look in her eyes.

It was like slow motion. All I could hear was the soft ring which consumed my world. I stumbled, gripping the wooden booth tighter in my hands. With blurry vision I could see the fluid movements of Caius and the man hit each other in anger. The knife was knocked out of the man's hand.

I was scared. Not just for me, but for Caius. This man was unpredictable, dangerous. It made me question how much I knew about what happened the night Caius and I met. Was this one of the men who was chasing him? I would never be sure.

"Come on Denny, you can do better than that!" Caius laughed, brushing off his sleeve. The man wiped at his lip, spitting blood out onto the ground before tackling Caius down with a mighty roar.

Caius flew. His back crashed against the front doors, the glass shaking under the weight. He reached up and grabbed Denny's hair and pulled. Denny pulled back, his hand snaking around Caius' neck and squeezing tightly. Caius' face started to slowly turn a shade of red. I blinked away the blurriness. Constant punches were thrown between the two. Screams echoed throughout the café, and in that moment I was thankful Emilia was at nursery.

To say I was terrified was an understatement. After years of experience with violence from my father, conflict didn't go well with me. The thought of conflict made my stomach churn uncomfortably in fear and anxiety. I was frozen. Standing by the booth, my hand painfully clutching the wooden table top, I watched as people rushed to my side, prodding my head with a wet cloth and moving me to sit down. I couldn't take my eyes off of Caius. I couldn't help but wince whenever the man, Denny, landed a punch on Caius' body.

Caius chocked a laugh through the man's deathly grip on his neck, his fingers clutching Denny's hands, pulling frantically, in attempt to ease the pressure.

"You little punk," Denny sneered. "You owe me, boy!"

Caius chocked slightly. Looking over at me, I could see his eyes grow dull, the eye lids waffling slightly. I sprang up from my seat, wrestling the frantic arms off me.

"Let him go! Please!" I scream at the man, Denny.

Denny laughed a dark chuckle before, turning his head slightly towards me.

"Stay out of this sweet cheek; you don't know what you're getting yourself into."

"Get off him! You're killing him!" I shout. My eyes well up with unshed tears, my head pounding.

Caius took a shatter deep breath in. I watched as his fist swung up and knocked the mna off of him, catching him in surprise before pushing him off and repeatedly pounding his chest with punches. The man groaned and hid his face from Caius' threatening blows. I could hear police sirens in the distance, the blue and red lights flashed across Caius's brooding form as he continued to let his anger our on Denny.

I shuffled forward, my hand lying on Caius' shoulder. He tensed before glancing down at my hand. I grabbed his jaw and turned his face towards me. His eyes were glazed over.

"Caius, you have to stop." I said.

I could see the blankness in his eyes, the defeat which registered in his green eyes as he slumped against my form with raspy breaths. His tall frame fell against my own, his head burying itself in my neck. I huddled close to him for support.

"Clara," he gasped before brushing his finger against my forehead. Then, his eyes slowly closed.

"No, Caius, you have to stay awake. Caius, wake up." I muttered. His eyes opened at little. He looked up at me and smiled before frowning in pain and letting out a croaky cough. I slapped his face gently when I began to notice he was closing his eyes again. Then, he slumped back even further against me. Silence followed.

"Caius? Caius... can you hear me? Caius!" I slapped his gently. The sirens rang closer.

"Molly!" I looked up frantically at my employee. "Get an ambulance! Someone! Please!" I looked back down at Caius, whose hair was matted with blood, his eyes closed in peaceful sleep.

A tear ran down my face as police barged into the room. Then, with a blurry vision, and a pounding head, my world was consumed with darkness.

****

I was floating. That was the best way to describe this feeling; the feeling of weightlessness. Oh freedom to some certain extent where I forgot my worries and focussed on my dreams. I didn't know where, when, how much time had passed. But what I did know was in those few moments, however long they were I didn't care.

I loved the feeling of flying. I always loved the feeling of wind through my hair, my body being suspended in air for a few seconds as I jumped off the swinging in the playground. My mother used to catch me, spin me around in her arms, her laugh mirroring my childlike glee. I missed those days. I longed for those days.

"She should be awake by now, it's been days!" I heard a small voice from afar.

"I understand sir, but we are trying to do all we can, the concussion was a lot stronger than we first anticipated, though we can be certain no memory loss will be a problem, we cannot say the same that swelling and bruising is out of the question."

I heard a deep sigh.

"Ok, thank you doctor."

The shuffling of feet was heard. My mind started becoming heavy. The air was now suffocating as my surroundings became known.

A faint beeping filled the air. I turned towards a bright light, strung by a thread in amongst the clouds. It revealed my father. A sickening grin plastered on his face as he shakes hands with the man from the café attack- Danny. I screamed as they reached for me.

"CLARA!"

I bolted up right in bed, my watery eyes snapping open. I groaned as I felt my head pound from the sudden movement.

Looking to my left I see Caius, clad in bandages, sitting by my bedside. A disheviled look on his face as he raked his hair back and sigh a sigh of relief.

"You're awake."

"You're okay!" I gushed, twisting lifting my hand to reach for him before my head started pounding uncomfortably. My hand gripped my head in attempt to relieve some of the pressure. I hissed in pain.

"Don't move, you hit your head pretty bad when you fainted."

"Who was that?" I asked, my eyes watering partially from the pain and partially from the bright lights I wasn't accustomed to.

Caius rung his hands through his hair once more, tugging on the ends as his fingers dragged across his face. I noticed the dark bags underneath his eyes. How long have I been out? How long has Caius not slept. Where's Emilia? How is she? My sweet, sweet angel sister should never have to see me like this.

"How long have I been out?" I asked, my breath shaking.

"four days." Caius replied.

"Has Emilia come to see me?"

"She's been staying with Molly, the girl from the café, she wanted to come and see you but I told her once you wake up she can visit. I didn't think she would enjoy seeing her sister lying unconscious in a bed with tubes everywhere."

I sighed in relief. "Thank you. She doesn't have to see me like this. She shouldn't have to."

Caius nodded before leaning back in the chair, closing his eyes.

"I still want to know." I spoke sternly.

Caius opened one eye and glanced at me with a raised eyebrow.

"I want to know who that man was and why he wanted you."

Caius glanced at for a few moments more before sighing sitting back up and leaning his hands on his knees.

He looked at me, before asking "are you sure?"

I gave him a look before he sighed once more.

"It all started when I 16..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75K 1.4K 31
When the simple quiet girl Daisy Miller accidentally trips over a stack of books in her room and gets caught staring at her new devilishly handsome n...
68.4K 1.3K 33
You're the new girl in town and you were heading to get a fresh start WITHOUT him. You take a liking in your new neighbor, and hit it off. But does H...
6.7M 243K 84
❝Why do you have a tongue piercing?❞ I asked, observing the other piercings he had and the designs inked on his skin. I'd never seen so much work don...
2M 58.5K 27
"You are so different." He whispered. "And you are doing something to me, Bella. I can't seem to control myself when I'm around you." *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*...