Elementum

By justme_45

~One will be born Four she shall bind Two of Friendship Two of Love Shall it will be The Aether~ I lived a n... More

Glossary
One
Two
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
TWELVE
Thirteen.
*Part 14*
Part 15
Part 16
Unedited Part 17

Three

374 36 1
By justme_45

I try not to fold in on my self as the Commanders head snaps in my direction. "What?" He barks out.

Gods he's intimidating. I half to clear the fear from my throat, "Expeto Ignis Eligere." I say a little louder.

"She knows the language of the old. Who is she?" His dark eyes take in my features as he speaks to the old man.

"I do not know who she is. She's barley spoken at all but when she does it's the old tongue." The old man chuckles out, enjoying this.

"Who are you?" The Commander barks out taking a threatening step towards me.

I streak of black comes from behind me. I like to say I was unaffected, but I squeaked like a mouse.

It's the cat standing between me and the Commander. It lets out a vicious growl that seems to shake the caves walls. I jerk back almost topping over the chair I am, as the Commander puts distance between us surprise written on his tough face.

"She's a warrior." His eyes bounce between me and the cat.

"So it seems." The Gate Keeper chuckles.

"But she's just a child."

See told ya I'm small. Most people who don't know me think I'm fourteen or something when actually I'll be seventeen in about a month depending on what today is.

Gods are their days even similar to mine.

Fed up I yell, "Expeto Ignis Eligere!" The cat adds a growl to it making it seem more meaningful. I give him a nod of thanks.

"Finn." The Commander yells out.

A boy appears from what I expect is the exit to the cave. He seems about my age with a mop of curly brown hair. He's in the same type of leather armor as the Commander, but the boys seems to be newer, just without the odd swirls.

He give a bow of his head, "Yes, Sir."

"Go fetch the Ingnis Eligrer."

"Yes, Sir." Finn raises his head and spots me. He gazes at me for a moment, but he takes of with a stern look from the Commander.

"What have you learned so far Gate keeper?" He asks taking the seat furthest from mine.

"Ummm. Let's see. She knows the old tongue, she's a girl, a warrior with a bonded...."

"Something I don't know." The Commander snaps.

The Gate Keeper winks at me, "She didn't know where she is and if you ask her a question, She sometimes shakes her head yes or no. She came out pretty banged up too."

"When did the fire cat get here?"

"Three days ago and didn't leave the doorway to the Gate till she came out." They both look towards the cat and back at me.

Me being uncomfortable would be an understatement.

"It healed her?" The Commanders dark eyes are glued to my face.

I shift in my seat, which alters the cat who lets out a warring growl grabbing my attention.

It's like the thing knows how I feel.

"Yes. And it seems they're quite bonded already." The Gate Keeper chuckles.

He seems to find everything funny which is quite frustrating to me.

Bonded. Heal me. Nightmare. This is just one crazy nightmare.

I take a peek at the cat hearing it move. It's setting up watching the Commander closely with those intelligent ember eyes.

The Commander seems to be considering something by the way his gaze keeps flickering, "Name."

Great more senseless questions.

"Where did you come from?" A slight pause, "How old are you?"

I see his face tense.
Uh oh.

"Who are your parents?" He snarls out.

The cat is up and pacing between us. It's eyes never straying from the Commander.

He in return eyes the cat up and down.

"When did she come through?" He turns his attention toward the Gate Keeper.

"Two days ago."

"Am I the first to know of her?"

"Yes."

"And why is that?"

"Because she just woke up and asked for you."

The Commander gives a grunt, "Was she alone?"

"Yes." The Gate Keeper says wearily.

The Commander has his mouth open, more questions at the tip of his tongue when I voice cuts through the tension.

"Now, who needs my most lovely talents." Comes a smooth voice.

He steps into the light, takes the four of us in. His eyes not missing a thing.

The first thing I notice is his easy smile. My eyes flicker around him and stop at the lace like markings on his skin. Blue and red lace like swirls going from his wrists up his arms disappearing underneath a black leather vest, with the same design on it as his skin.

What the H.

I take a look at the Commanders arms. He has only red just on and around his wrist. I eyes bounce to the Gate Keepers arms, but his is cover up with some type of robe thing.

Turning my attention back on the new comer. I take in more details. He's dressed in leather armor that looks more finely made than the Commanders.

He's lean and muscular and tall. Not as tall as the Commander, but close to it. His legs are cased in black pants with knee high black boots. He has a set of knives at his waist. His hair is brown with steaks of blond going through out it and hazel eyes that have a sparkle to them. He's kinda cute.

And that stupid thought makes my cheeks stint red. Cute. No. Nothing about him or this place should be considered cute. It's suppose to be a nightmare after all. Yep, Just keep telling yourself that Basil.

"Ignis Eligere?" I say. Everyone quites talking and looks at me.

Yep I'm the weird one here.

"Ignis Eligere?" I watch the smile leave the guys face as he sends a questionably look to the others.

The Commander speaks up, " She came through the Gate, won't answer any questions and keeps saying that." He states quite mad.

Mr Hazel eyes turns his attention back on me and give me a slow nod.

The breath I didn't even realize was tripped in my lungs comes gushing out with words, "Custodia. Flamma Celo."

His eyes widens as he sucks in a surprised breath. Those hazel eyes take me in from head to toe. He goes to take a step towards me but stops short when the cat lets out a growl. His eyes flicker to the cat than back to me and he stretches his hand out.

I stare at his callous palm and fingers when I remember what mom said, 'Show them your ring'.

I slip off the black band ring from my thumb and drop it into is out stretched hand.

It feels like something big is about to happen.

I watch as he cups it into his hands and brings it up to his face. His lips move as he breaths over my ring. After sometime he hands it back to me. Or maybe I was wrong.

The plain band is no longer plan. Blue, purple, and red lace wrap around the ring. A slight heat soaks out of the ring and onto my hand as I slip it back on my thumb.

I look up catching his gaze, in a calming tone he says, "I am Quinn and you are safe now Basileia."

Safe. Ha. I'm so safe in a cave. In a place that's suppose to be a night mare. Yep, I believe I'll never be safe again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~¿¿¿~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for taking the time to read. I hope you enjoyed Chapter Three as much as I did writing it.
I would gladly give a smile to votes, comments and shares. Once again thank you :) Oh, and don't forget to follow me for future updates if you like what I have so far. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235K 11.8K 103
"You're playing with fire Safania." "Good thing I don't burn." The last words he spoke before throwing me onto my bed sounded like a threat, but felt...
16.4K 265 23
... When you have always been in love with your dad's best friend who ends up being something from a fantasy books ... Who shows you that the world...
2.4K 111 102
Six high school students looks like anyone else acts like anyone else but are capable of things no one else is. They learnt from a young age no one t...
14.4K 347 38
Hey guys, I'm back for creating more stories for you. If you notice, there is no cover for mine yet, it will be there soon. WARNING: Gay ( I'm not su...