The Lost Moonchild

By ClaudetteBezarius

Nadja, the firstborn of the union between two legendary kingdoms, is in danger. Can she be rescued and peace... More

The Lost Moonchild

400 21 14
By ClaudetteBezarius

Ariadne, a blond, straight, long haired young girl, with astonishingly huge green eyes, a skin as smooth as silk and as white as snow, uncommonly tall and thin, by far the most beautiful lunar nymph ever seen, was expecting her firstborn. The entire kingdom was delighted about their Queen being pregnant. Every single citizen sympathized with Ariadne because of her sweetness of temper and unparalleled goodness. All the people really wished to contemplate how graceful and refined will be her child.

Dante, the mightiest solar warrior in the galaxy, was a black, straight, long haired man with tanned skin, big blue eyes and a burly, tall body. He had married Ariadne one year ago due to an agreement made many decades before by their predecessors to form an alliance between the kingdoms of the Sun and the Moon, Delphi and Skyros, respectively. Dante proclaimed that his child’s advent would be the cause of the most magnificent celebration ever provided by a King. “That day will be remembered for centuries,” he proudly said.

But there was a terrible truth about Dante’s ascendancy. His father had told him that it would be a terrible disgrace to his reputation if his firstborn was a female. Other kingdoms would not respect him, and another man would have to take his place as king to preserve their ancient tradition of giving absolute power to the young monarch only if his firstborn was a boy. That was the reason why he desperately wanted his firstborn to be a male, in order to honor his lineage and keep the throne. If the new child does not resulted to be a boy, his rage would be unleashed with no limits at all, provoking very serious consequences.

Ariadne wanted to know beforehand what the future of her child would be, so she decided to look for an oracle that can foretell events to come. Dinah, an experienced enchantress who was present in the most difficult wars to defend the kingdom against its archenemies, resided in a distant, dark, cold catacomb in the northern region of the kingdom. Even though the Queen would have to travel four days on horseback to get there, it was well worth. Nobody was better than Dinah to accurately predict anything. But the trip had to be secret because Ariadne did not want Dante to know anything regarding the child if it was not a boy to avoid his reprisals against the poor creature.

Ariadne asked her loyal servant Delilah, a shy, tiny, curly haired, pink skinned girl, to prepare everything for her long trip. Even though Delilah’s eyes were slanted, when Ariadne gave her the instructions, they were so opened in amazement that looked almost like her Queen’s eyes.

She fell face to the ground and implore Ariadne not to go on that trip. “His Majesty the King Dante would not forgive you if you do that, my fair lady. Not asking him for permission to do that would be defiance to his authority, and probably he would punish you, my fair lady. You already know his temper… Please, I am begging you, my Queen, stay here! I do not want you to suffer.”

Ariadne smiled sweetly and said with a very confident voice: “Oh, my dear Delilah, do not be so worried about this. Nothing bad would happen to me. Remember that I am a lunar nymph, so the Moon is always protecting me. I will be fine.” With no other choice, Delilah obeyed and packed her Queen’s belongings and saddled one of the fastest royal steeds.

What was going to be the Ariadne's excuse to hide that long trip from her husband? She thought that it would be perfectly credible to say that she wanted to visit one of her beloved sisters in the northern region. “I will tell Dante that Meredith, my older sister, invited me to spend four days in her castle with her and my cute, twin nephews, Damian and Sebastian,” she murmured. After those meditations, she immediately went into the enchantress’ catacombs. With a mysterious look in her wide, penetrating black eyes, Dinah received her Queen.

Ariadne said to her: “I really need you to use your incredible premonitory abilities, please. What I want to know is simple: is my child going to be a boy or a girl?”

Dinah touched Ariadne’s womb with the right hand while closing her eyes and resolutely said: “It is certainly going to be a very healthy, beautiful girl.”

The Queen suddenly paled and ran outside the catacombs. Then, she burst into uncontrollable and bitter sobs and shed profuse tears because of her child’s horrible future. “What am I going to do now? How am I going to save my daughter’s life?” she claimed to the heavens.

Dinah had followed her and was listening. “Send your daughter to live among humans on the Earth. Dante will never figure it out, believe me. Tell him that you gave birth to a boy, but unfortunately, he was stillborn. It is the best option you have to protect your child against Dante’s rage,” Dinah advised.

“I do not want my baby to be far away from me, but I want her to be alive, so I will do exactly what you just said. Thank you very much,” Ariadne said.

Two months passed after that encounter with Dinah, and finally the long-awaited day arrived: it was April 1st. Fortunately for Ariadne, men were not allowed in the Queen’s chamber while she was giving birth, so it would not be difficult to carry out the enchantress’ plan.

As soon as she gave birth to her daughter, she attentively stared at her and softly said: “Oh, my dear daughter… Your name is going to be Nadja because you mean great hope to me. I know that you will become a very powerful woman and will change your father’s mind. Now, my child, I have to say goodbye, but I promise that I am going to be taking care of you from the distance, and someday, we will be together again.”

Her voice was trembling with sobs while pronouncing those words. She kissed Nadja in her forehead and gave a gold necklace with a white diamond in the shape of a butterfly. Immediately after that, Ariadne cast an ancient spell she have learned from her mother and opened an intersidereal gate through which she sent Nadja to Earth.

Dante was walking back and forth outside the Queen´s chamber. His nervous movements and his frown allowed to see his anxiousness to know his child. When Delilah finally appeared at the door, her sorrowful glance make Dante to be even more stressed out.

“Is the baby a boy or a girl? Is it healthy and beautiful,” Dante fearfully asked.

“Oh, your Majesty, my dear Lord… It was a boy… But… the child was stillborn… I am so sorry, my King,” Delilah confessed with a contrite face.

A loud, desperate cry came from the bottom of Dante’s soul. Full of anger and impotence, he hit the ground with his fists while breathing heavily. After some minutes, he entered the Queen's chamber and found Ariadne lying on her bed, very pale, mourning and sighing for their child. He fiercely embraced her and they both cried together for the first time.

Fifteen years passed since Nadja’s birth. She became a thin, tall, white skinned girl, just like her mother. Her eyes were perfectly blue, an exquisite tonality. She had a long, curly, brown hair, maybe an inheritance from her paternal grandmother. She was a fair, delicate, young lady for sure. She grew up in Liverpool, England, on a very beautiful big house next to the beach. A wealthy couple had found her apparently abandoned in the seashore when she was a baby. Just by looking at her, they instantly felt a connection with that child, and decided to adopt her. Nadja never lacked anything, neither material possessions nor love. Of course, everything had been arranged by her mother from the Moon for her to have a full life on Earth, and that is the way it was. Nadja was a very smiling, kind creature with an amazing ability to make friends. Her existence was plenty of joy and relaxation, except for the fact that she knew she has been adopted and wanted to know her real parents. The only thing she had that tied her to her past was the gold necklace with the white diamond in the shape of a butterfly. Nadja did not know what to think about her real parents but she tried to convince herself daily that they were good people and will come for her soon. She was so right about that without even suspecting it…

During those fifteen years in Skyros, Ariadne had gave birth to three more children: Alexander, Feoras and Lilith. Alexander was the heir to the throne, and Dante was extremely proud of him because of his leadership and mightiness. “He is exactly what I wanted from a son. Through him, I kept my lineage’s tradition and I have a worthy heir,” Dante constantly repeated to himself.

Ariadne was also proud of all her children, but nothing could make her forget her beloved Nadja. She decided that she must confess to Dante the truth about their firstling, no matter what. Even if she has to die because of the lie she had told him, she would do it, but she has to let him know that he had one more daughter who was their firstborn and that she was alive in the Earth. Ariadne took Dante to a private place and all of a sudden, said everything to him. At the beginning, he felt absolutely betrayed and disappointed, but strangely, he did not take revenge and understood her.

“I have come to love you and our children so much that now it does not matter if I lose the throne. You are more important to me than anything else,” Dante tenderly said. “We have to bring Nadja back immediately. Send Delilah for her,” he ordered.

Ariadne opened the portal to Earth one more time and sent her servant to take Nadja back, as Dante had asked. To avoid any suffering to Nadja and her adoptive parents, Delilah activated the hidden power in Nadja’s diamond and it erased all traces of her existence on the Earth. Neither she nor her adoptive parents would remember anything of their lives together. With that tremendous impact, Nadja fell asleep in Delilah’s arms, and she took her back to Skyros then. Everybody received her with open arms and a big celebration. The girl was so lovely and exceptional that Dante’s family did not dare to revoke Dante’s authority even though it was against the tradition. Now Nadja was in her real home, with her beloved family. Alexander was very fond of her since the first moment and agreed to let her inherit the kingdom instead of him. Ariadne had an enormous hope in her daughter, and it was entirely fulfilled. Everything had changed in the kingdom and its traditions, but all the changes were for good. Nothing could be better there, thanks to the lost moonchild who came back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8M 254K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...
33K 2.1K 79
Just read the book to know. This book is inspired by the book Enigmatic queen by @SuccessSmile. I have made a lot of changes in the story as then I...
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...